PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
They don't list used PSP Go's online outside of the refurb units, but I figured some people would be interested in knowing that USED PSP Go systems are now $49.99. I believe they used to be $60-70 just a week ago. I managed to find a white one, complete in box in pretty much mint shape for this price. I'm not sure if it was a new to used transfer or what, but this is pretty much the price point I've been waiting for on it.

The main advantage of the system for me is being able to use a Dualshock 3, which is great for if you output it to a tv.

EDIT* Also, for anyone interested, you can get a cheap cradle for it too for about 14 shipped of TRU right now...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3800542&prodFindSrc=search

Last edited by a moderator:
So I went to Kmart today to check some stuff and while there I went to the electronics section. They had the normal av & the component cables. I asked for a price for the component cable and came out not on system so they gave it to me for $3.50 (they tend to discount from 75-100 if its something that comes out of system. They also had one soft psp original case which looks like good quality an it was $7. Didn't get it because I already ha the power a pack from GS for $5

[quote name='nixmahn'] (you need the PS3 to link the controller to the Go)[/QUOTE]

There is supposed to be a computer program that will let you link a DS3 to a PSP Go without a PS3. There are a few videos on YouTube, but i have not tried it yet.

If anyone who does not have a PS3 but can find a cheap game/DS3 bundle (Twisted Metal bundle was on sale a few weeks ago for around 35 dollars BestBuy)

You could buy the cheap bundle that cost less then a not on sale DS3, sale the game to make up some of the cost, and use the computer program to sync it to a PSP Go if you wanted.

[quote name='IceTeaCrisis']There is supposed to be a computer program that will let you link a DS3 to a PSP Go without a PS3. There are a few videos on YouTube, but i have not tried it yet.

If anyone who does not have a PS3 but can find a cheap game/DS3 bundle (Twisted Metal bundle was on sale a few weeks ago for around 35 dollars BestBuy)

You could buy the cheap bundle that cost less then a not on sale DS3, sale the game to make up some of the cost, and use the computer program to sync it to a PSP Go if you wanted.[/QUOTE]

Hoping these bundles go on sale again.

after the week with the psp go the fun factor simply went away not even adding music and using it as an mp3 player any good i do have a lot of game from owning a ps3 and psp for 7 years

psp is a joke i can play better games on my galaxy note ll i dont recommend any person buying this its waste of money even if it is only $50 i im sure for this price u can buy something that u can really use more then one week

[quote name='milehighshooter']after the week with the psp go the fun factor simply went away not even adding music and using it as an mp3 player any good i do have a lot of game from owning a ps3 and psp for 7 years

psp is a joke i can play better games on my galaxy note ll i dont recommend any person buying this its waste of money even if it is only $50 i im sure for this price u can buy something that u can really use more then one week[/QUOTE]

Are you seriously comparing a $700+ phone with a $50 gaming device? :roll:

[quote name='milehighshooter']after the week... [/QUOTE]

More like milehighschooler.

Anyway, grabbed a mint one on Monday - still had a mem card in it. Bunch of games both on the card and on the device. Guess I'll try them out for a bit before logging in to my own account and losing them.

[quote name='milehighshooter']after the week with the psp go the fun factor simply went away not even adding music and using it as an mp3 player any good i do have a lot of game from owning a ps3 and psp for 7 years

psp is a joke i can play better games on my galaxy note ll i dont recommend any person buying this its waste of money even if it is only $50 i im sure for this price u can buy something that u can really use more then one week[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you just didn't understand how to use the PSP Go; your loss on that. It's a great little handheld with a lot of possibilities.

Thats because you don't know what you are doing, google "cfw psp go iso"

[quote name='bobphone']More like milehighschooler.

Anyway, grabbed a mint one on Monday - still had a mem card in it. Bunch of games both on the card and on the device. Guess I'll try them out for a bit before logging in to my own account and losing them.[/QUOTE]

Damn you guys and your free mem cards, I got nothing except a refreshed 6.60. Any of you guys with multiple free m2 minding sending a m2 poor CAG. CML

[quote name='chimpmeister']It sounds like you just didn't understand how to use the PSP Go; your loss on that. It's a great little handheld with a lot of possibilities.[/QUOTE]

i seriously doubt that u will b playing with the psp go in one month it will be gathering dust like the wii u

I like my PSP Go, and it's cool knowing that I can hook it up to my tv. If only somebody could use a Wii Remote + Classic Controller on it, it would be super awesome

When the PSP Go originally came out I thought it looked dumb. Picked up one last week, and I've played it almost everyday on the bus ride to and from work. I'm still really enjoying it.

I love how it's setup and how light and compact it is.

[quote name='milehighshooter']i seriously doubt that u will b playing with the psp go in one month it will be gathering dust like the wii u[/QUOTE]

Who pooped in your chocolate milk today? :lol:

But honestly, your comments really aren't helpful. Coming off more troll-like....

Anyone have any experience with Media Go causing the blue screen of death on your PC when you try and transfer games to your PSP GO? I would kinda rather clutter my PC with extra copies of my games instead of my PS3 HDD but so far I can't find any solutions.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Who pooped in your chocolate milk today? :lol:

But honestly, your comments really aren't helpful. Coming off more troll-like....[/QUOTE]

this is just my point of view
and I'm far from troll you are just trying to sound cool

[quote name='milehighshooter']i seriously doubt that u will b playing with the psp go in one month it will be gathering dust like the wii u[/QUOTE]

nah, while I agree that Need for Speed for example looks WAYYY better on my iPhone, I bought this device for real complex games, map, or anime games that are not available on smartphones & tablets, plus the emulators are great for playing old games w/ real buttons

[quote name='wugenius']Hoping these bundles go on sale again.[/QUOTE]

I was lucky enough to sang one. I keep wanting to play Twisted Metal, but have not put it in yet. It came with a white DS3 though that sort of matches the white PSP Go a little.

There is also third party wireless ones for around 20 on Amazon, but I don't know how well they work.

PSP Go was exactly as I expected when I bought it. A portable, sleek video game player that can play all my PSP games without the hassle of bringing my UMDs. Also doubles as a sufficient MP3 and video player. For me it was $50 well spent. Only negative are the expensive M2 memory sticks. I also have a beat 3000 and enjoy that as well.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']When the PSP Go originally came out I thought it looked dumb. Picked up one last week, and I've played it almost everyday on the bus ride to and from work. I'm still really enjoying it.

I love how it's setup and how light and compact it is.[/QUOTE]

It was dumb because it didn't have a UMD, everyone who had a PSP already invested alot of money in games in UMD format so they were pretty much boned. Now if you were like me and never owned a PSP or any UMD games, the PSPGo is a great choice. The M2 memory card is pretty expensive and it's also capped at 16GB, thankfully there's 16GB onboard memory so buying a memory card isn't a necessity like on the other gen models.

Can somebody please help me connect my psp go to wi-fi? It is driving me insane.

I have: Netgear-N 150 Router model WNR1000v2

Security: WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]

Mode: 150Mbps b/g/n mixed mode

The psp doesn't see the network when it scans. I really need help, this is driving me crazy.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Got a cradle from Gamestop for $3. I might have to do something about those prongs if I were to use the Go with a case.[/QUOTE]

What Gamestop in NYC did you go to? I've been searching and can't find any. Did they have any extras?

[quote name='mdcreeper']Can somebody please help me connect my psp go to wi-fi? It is driving me insane.

The psp doesn't see the network when it scans. I really need help, this is driving me crazy.[/QUOTE]
I had the same problem with my old PSP1000. Turns out the PSP isnt compatible with WPA or something like that.

Try something with WEP encryption

[quote name='mdcreeper']Can somebody please help me connect my psp go to wi-fi? It is driving me insane.

The psp doesn't see the network when it scans. I really need help, this is driving me crazy.[/QUOTE]

Go doesn't work with WPA2.

[quote name='Gosha']Go doesn't work with WPA2.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mdcreeper']yeah, I just realized this. Thanks for the response. It's now connected and all is right with the world.[/QUOTE]

My GO works perfectly w/ my apt WPA2 Personal. I do have the latest firmware installed.

With the PSP Go can you scroll through the menu's on the home screen with the joystick or just with the Dpad? Just wondering cause it will only let me scroll with the Dpad and was wondering if my Go's joystick is broken.

fuck I didn't know you needed a PS3 to sync the controller to the PSP GO. I don't think I would have ordered the cradle and cables if I knew... :cry:

So I found a used one at my local Gamestop for $50 (THANKS OP), but the screen has a few scratches in it. Is that normal quality for a used one or should I bring it back and say something. It's not scratched all over, but there's about 4 different scratches (3 small, 1 large) on the screen.

[quote name='Mint']fuck I didn't know you needed a PS3 to sync the controller to the PSP GO. I don't think I would have ordered the cradle and cables if I knew... :cry:[/QUOTE]
You don't need a PS3. While i have not tried it yet there are videos on YouTube that explain how to use a computer program to Sync a Go with a DS3 with just a PSP Go a DS3 the USB cables for both and some software.
If you can find one of those DS3/Game bundles on sale or clearance (Twisted Metal/White DS3 was on sale for 35 a few weeks ago) You could buy it and sell the game to get back some of the cost if you don't have a PS3
There are also third party PS3 controllers on Amazon for 15-20 dollars, but i do not know how well they work.

[quote name='Mippo']So I found a used one at my local Gamestop for $50 (THANKS OP), but the screen has a few scratches in it. Is that normal quality for a used one or should I bring it back and say something. It's not scratched all over, but there's about 4 different scratches (3 small, 1 large) on the screen.[/QUOTE]
I got one that was in rough shape the first time with a few really noticeable ones that were a bother during game play. I was able to go back the same day and exchange it. If it is not horrible and does not cause a bother during game play i would keep it, but if it is bad i would exchange it as fast as you can to get a chance at getting a better one as more and more people snatch them up.

Last edited by a moderator:
manage to find a PSPGo cradle at my local gamestop for $2.50 (used of course) so i suggest folks check out their local gamestop for them, or at least give them a call and see if there is one in the area.

Finally found one in my area. It already had Metal Gear: Peace Walker, Pursuit Force, Rock Band Unplugged, S.O.C.O.M. Fireteam Bravo 3 and two full Japanese Bleach games on it with a bunch of demos. Strangely, the previous owner had filled up most of the available memory with Lil Wayne MP3s.

Does anyone know if you can reset the PlayStation Network account or do you have to log in under the previous owner's PSN account? I want to download Darius Burst, but I've never used PSN before.

For people who bought a cradle from Gamestop. Did yours come with a power adapter? Mine did not. Where could I buy one?

[quote name='balthezor']For people who bought a cradle from Gamestop. Did yours come with a power adapter? Mine did not. Where could I buy one?[/QUOTE]

I bought a new one but the cradle comes by itself, no power adapter or any other cords. Check out your local GS and their website, they should have extra cables. Some user posted a link a while back.

[quote name='Mint']fuck I didn't know you needed a PS3 to sync the controller to the PSP GO. I don't think I would have ordered the cradle and cables if I knew... :cry:[/QUOTE]

You only need a ps3 for the initial sync. If you have a friend that has a ps3, use his, sync the remote to the pspgo and your golden. You won't need a ps3 after that.

Just for clarification what tag do I need to look for in the Sony PSN store when buying games for the PSP Go? Anything that includes "PSP" under the "Playable On:" section or "PS ONE Classic" in the game description? I don't own any physical PSP games but I do have a few I have purchased for my PS3/vita I think.

I think I still have a 4gb M2 card that I used in an old Sony phone so that is a bit of savings for extra storage. Assuming I can find a system this late in the game.

[quote name='Palinn']Just for clarification what tag do I need to look for in the Sony PSN store when buying games for the PSP Go? Anything that includes "PSP" under the "Playable On:"[/QUOTE]

PSP
PS One Classics
Minis

[quote name='guardian_owl']PSP, PSone Classic, or mini.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IceTeaCrisis']PSP
PS One Classics
Minis[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I forgot about minis.

I thought that too at first, but fear not..

[youtube]YcI2SnJTJGA[/youtube]

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there's another way to do it without a PS3. I followed that video, uninstalled the program, and everything was fine.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I thought that too at first, but fear not..
[youtube]YcI2SnJTJGA[/youtube][/QUOTE]
That is the video i had seen, but i do not know CAG offical stance on Home brew or doing that to be able to get around using a PS3 so i was not sure if it was ok to post.

[quote name='guardian_owl']PSP, PSone Classic, or mini.[/QUOTE]
Ah you beat me to it, and by a few mins. I must be loosing my mind.

Thanks a lot for the video! I got the cradle today so I'll try to pair them later. I can't wait to try it with rhythm games.

Just found an awesome program called PSPDisp, you can control your computer with your PSP through wifi / USB.. Don't really have much use for it since if I'm in the same room I'd rather just use my PC, but from a technical standpoint it's neat.

Glad I was able to find a PSP Go Cradle for $3 at GS rather than spend the $10 on the cradle at TRU. Also picked up a PSP Go starter kit for $5 at GS. :D

bread's done
Back