PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
They don't list used PSP Go's online outside of the refurb units, but I figured some people would be interested in knowing that USED PSP Go systems are now $49.99. I believe they used to be $60-70 just a week ago. I managed to find a white one, complete in box in pretty much mint shape for this price. I'm not sure if it was a new to used transfer or what, but this is pretty much the price point I've been waiting for on it.

The main advantage of the system for me is being able to use a Dualshock 3, which is great for if you output it to a tv.

EDIT* Also, for anyone interested, you can get a cheap cradle for it too for about 14 shipped of TRU right now...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3800542&prodFindSrc=search

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Green Card200']Battery drain is way less when outputting to a TV.[/QUOTE]
That makes no sense to me, if no charging method is used...

[quote name='blakesgameroom']this might of been answered already, but can someone send me to a good link that shows me how to put the emulators on the go?[/QUOTE]
google it, it's the same procedure for anything custom on the psp.

Battery drain is less because the screen for the go is turned off when outputting to a TV and that is the most significant drain on the battery. I haven't used the Go but I'm sure it is the same as the 3000.

[quote name='Green Card200']Battery drain is less because the screen for the go is turned off when outputting to a TV and that is the most significant drain on the battery. I haven't used the Go but I'm sure it is the same as the 3000.[/QUOTE]

That still doesn't make sense to me for such a small screen; I would assume it needs more power to send through the cables. Do you have any proof or article I could read on it?

Picked up a black one in pristine condition, couldn't be happier. Currently playing Suikoden II on it without any problems.

Scored one today, $50, White, mint condition... Time to play!
May be time to finally retire the old 1000 (launch day purchase)

[quote name='aaronrodgers']This sucks, because if you want to properly use the cradle to output the video to the TV and charge while doing so, you have to buy an extra AC adapter that was used with the older PSP models.

No idea why they didn't put two usbs on the cradle, instead of one usb and the yelllow charge nub for the older ones.

Now I have to buy an old school psp adapter as well to charge while playing connected to my tv. yay.

It's pretty much necessary from the extra battery drain from outputting and using bluetooth to use a PS3 controller with it.[/QUOTE]

That's the one reason I didn't like it. looks like Sony was trying to cash in on those accessories. Think about it. Wouldnt be awkward if you were able to charge and play at the same time? Then the screen would be up and your hands would probably cramp.

also, the psp go screen is not better, Its about the same vs psp 3000.

[quote name='raiser']Scored one today, $50, White, mint condition... Time to play!
May be time to finally retire the old 1000 (launch day purchase)[/QUOTE]

haha. I still have my psp 1000 too. Have it in a star wars metal case. U should use it to burn your collection into iso before moving it on the go.

I have to admit, the white does look nice.

Just got my 8GB M2 card from eBay and looks original M2 (Not Ultra), no extra lip and all case cut outs are in the right place, I put it inside the PSPGo, it said MagicGate supported! Free Space 7619, user capacity 7622. Will run the size tests on my mac to see if it passes those too!
EDIT: The H2test takes half an hour, writes ~3.58MByte so it seems correct so far.
EDIT 2: It passed. Also the F3 passed. Is a regular M2 not ultra though FYI.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Carlanga']Just got my 8GB M2 card from eBay and looks original, no extra lip and all case cut outs are in the right place, I put it inside the PSPGo, it said MagicGate supported! Free Space 7619, user capacity 7622. Will run the size tests on my mac to see if it passes those too!
EDIT: The H2test takes half an hour, writes ~3.58MByte so it seems correct so far.[/QUOTE]

If it says "Magicgate: supported" that's a good sign. IMO the bootlegs don't support Magicgate. Good score!

For those looking for a cradle, I'd suggest checking your local Toys R Us irregardless of what their website says. According to the TRU site, there are no cradles within 50 miles of me. Yet when I went to the store near me, they had 4 of them (and 1 of the component cables as well).

Opened up my craigslist PSP 3000 and found out that the 3000 had a built in screen protector on the faceplate, tried to clean it out but too much scratches and when I tried to clean out the inside screen, I must have press to hard because there is a faint black streak where I was cleaning the inside screen :bomb:. Looks like I will be picking up a new shell (faceplate and backplate) and screen to fix my mess. Might turn it to a white PSP until Target clearances out the PSP 3000 Core to $50.

Took four calls but found one around me.Got a black one, screen is immaculate but lanyard loop looks like someone chewed on it.

Holy cow, how does anyone use this thing? Found a black one in fine (not perfect, but no worse than it'd look after a little use) condition and picked it up.

Played a little on it and my hands are cramping terribly after just one race. Can't imagine playing for more than 5-10 minutes on this thing! Seriously, did anyone use it before they started selling these? Can't wait to return it cause it's worse than useless to me.

Granted, I'm not a small guy (6'3", 275lbs) but I was truly hoping it'd work for me as a small game machine for downtime at work. Looking for something more than a cell phone and thought this might be perfect. Nope.

If anyone is still in search of a accessories.. The store locator for my TRU said they didn't have any cradles in stock, but they had a bunch of Go stuff in stock. I got 2 cradles, component cables, and a nice leather case for $35.

What have you guys been playing on your new PSP systems? I've been playing a lot of Puzzle Quest and NBA 2k13. Really nice to have on the road.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']If anyone is still in search of a accessories.. The store locator for my TRU said they didn't have any cradles in stock, but they had a bunch of Go stuff in stock. I got 2 cradles, component cables, and a nice leather case for $35.

What have you guys been playing on your new PSP systems? I've been playing a lot of Puzzle Quest and NBA 2k13. Really nice to have on the road.[/QUOTE]

i didn't even think they'd made 2k13 for psp, thanks for the heads up. been playing work time fun, tekken 6 and vice city stories, myself.

[quote name='jetthead']For those looking for a cradle, I'd suggest checking your local Toys R Us irregardless of what their website says. According to the TRU site, there are no cradles within 50 miles of me. Yet when I went to the store near me, they had 4 of them (and 1 of the component cables as well).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Supposedly there aren't any cradles Go near me, but I have a feeling that the website is wrong.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']If anyone is still in search of a accessories.. The store locator for my TRU said they didn't have any cradles in stock, but they had a bunch of Go stuff in stock. I got 2 cradles, component cables, and a nice leather case for $35.

What have you guys been playing on your new PSP systems? I've been playing a lot of Puzzle Quest and NBA 2k13. Really nice to have on the road.[/QUOTE]

How much were the accessories? Same as the website? Locator must be like the Bestbuy locator where 3 items or less says OoS

[quote name='JYabbz']How much were the accessories? Same as the website? Locator must be like the Bestbuy locator where 3 items or less says OoS[/QUOTE]

The cradle and the component cables are each $9.98.

[quote name='timropp']Holy cow, how does anyone use this thing? Found a black one in fine (not perfect, but no worse than it'd look after a little use) condition and picked it up.

Played a little on it and my hands are cramping terribly after just one race. Can't imagine playing for more than 5-10 minutes on this thing! Seriously, did anyone use it before they started selling these? Can't wait to return it cause it's worse than useless to me.

Granted, I'm not a small guy (6'3", 275lbs) but I was truly hoping it'd work for me as a small game machine for downtime at work. Looking for something more than a cell phone and thought this might be perfect. Nope.[/QUOTE]
That's why DS3 support is so important to so many of us :)

Probably doesn't help you with your sneaky gameplay at work problem, though, unless you can hide the Go in your field of vision somewhere and use the DS3 in your lap under your desk.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to stroll in my local TRU though i doubt the will have any PSPGo stuff since it's pretty much desolate of any game accessories

[quote name='jetthead']The cradle and the component cables are each $9.98.[/QUOTE]

9.95 for cradle and components (cables are cheaper and easier to get on amazon) and leather case is 4.90. The cradle u should definitely try to get it at TRU because they sell for a bit high online

Finally playing Dissidia on the TV, and Crisis Core which is awesome.

[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']The cradle u should definitely try to get it at TRU because they sell for a bit high online[/QUOTE]

Cheapest I saw online was basically $23 shipped which I bought @ amazon to around $35 on eBay. Really pricey. And forget about the 16gb M2 sticks, cheapest I saw was around $35ish but a poster did find an 8gb M2 stick for $11ish, still waiting for his full impressions.

FYI - check out Sears for the PSP Go traveler (faux leather) case, saw them @ $10. If you are lucky enough to get a GS Starter kit it comes out to $5 with case, screen protector, and cloth as some other poster pointed out.

I bought a PSP Go Cradle last week on ebay for $14 shipped from KB Toys. They listed what they had over a few auctions and they may do it again (first listing in november i think). Also the PSP Go Case is $4 shipped on amazon from 3rd party sellers.

i've been wondering what are the benefits that the cradle provides, it seems a lot of people are going out of their way for it

[quote name='exaznkid']i've been wondering what are the benefits that the cradle provides, it seems a lot of people are going out of their way for it[/QUOTE]

Normally you can't charge your go while transmitting to the tv via component cables. The cradle lets you do both, but you will have to buy a power cable from a psp 1000-3000.

[quote name='exaznkid']i've been wondering what are the benefits that the cradle provides, it seems a lot of people are going out of their way for it[/QUOTE]

For me, it was a no brainer for the 3 dollars I found one at. It's a nice stand for it for when it's hooked up to my TV for using my dualshock. Then it charges it, if you have an old psp ac adapter.

[quote name='Green Card200']I bought a PSP Go Cradle last week on ebay for $14 shipped from KB Toys. They listed what they had over a few auctions and they may do it again (first listing in november i think). Also the PSP Go Case is $4 shipped on amazon from 3rd party sellers.[/QUOTE]

Slightly off-topic, but how are you liking VLR? :D

BOTH size test passed w/ flying colors, the card is a normal M2, not Ultra FYI.
MagicGate supported also.
For the OCPDs like me here are some screenshots:

F3 Test: No corruption means that the capacity is real and not faked in software, data lost would show whatever GB quantity was faked.
Screen%20Shot%202013-02-09%20at%2010.19.41%20PM.png

H2testw:
Screen%20Shot%202013-02-09%20at%207.38.17%20PM.png

Do make sure you test yours to be 100%, since mine is not like any of the pics on the auction, he/she might have a bunch of different ones.

IF THIS HELPS YOU AND YOU FIND AN EXTRA CRADLE GET ME ONE! I WILL PAY YOU BY PayPal. :)

[quote name='aaronrodgers']For me, it was a no brainer for the 3 dollars I found one at. It's a nice stand for it for when it's hooked up to my TV for using my dualshock. Then it charges it, if you have an old psp ac adapter.

Slightly off-topic, but how are you liking VLR? :D[/QUOTE]
I want to hear more about VLR as well.

[quote name='Byakurai']Normally you can't charge your go while transmitting to the tv via component cables. The cradle lets you do both, but you will have to buy a power cable from a psp 1000-3000.[/QUOTE]

ah thanks for the reply, I guess i should try to scour the local sears, kmart and TRU for a cradle

[quote name='aaronrodgers']For me, it was a no brainer for the 3 dollars I found one at. It's a nice stand for it for when it's hooked up to my TV for using my dualshock. Then it charges it, if you have an old psp ac adapter.
[/QUOTE]

if only i knew i would be buying a pspgo i might have scoped one up at a local sears a few weeks back

It would be pretty sweet to play some crisis core and dissidia on the big screen

Got the last psp go around and it was the nicest I could have asked for.

Great screen, extra 8gb memory card and leather case!

Thanks OP for the heads up :)

[quote name='Carlanga']BOTH size test passed w/ flying colors, the card is a normal M2, not Ultra FYI.
MagicGate supported also.
For the OCPDs like me here are some screenshots:

F3 Test: No corruption means that the capacity is real and not faked in software, data lost would show whatever GB quantity was faked.
Screen%20Shot%202013-02-09%20at%2010.19.41%20PM.png

H2testw:
Screen%20Shot%202013-02-09%20at%207.38.17%20PM.png

Do make sure you test yours to be 100%, since mine is not like any of the pics on the auction, he/she might have a bunch of different ones.

IF THIS HELPS YOU AND YOU FIND AN EXTRA CRADLE GET ME ONE! I WILL PAY YOU BY PayPal. :)

.[/QUOTE]

just wondering was this the one you purchased one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-8GB...amera_Memory_Cards&hash=item1e7685eb39&_uhb=1

and if so can you upload a picture of ur memory card so folks know what they should be expecting

from what i've been seeing there appears a version with two holes and a version with no holes

My refurbed ended up having water damage under the screen, don't know how that counts as "passed" in their book. Had to return it, no more in the area. Oh well. :/

[quote name='exaznkid']just wondering was this the one you purchased one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-8GB...amera_Memory_Cards&hash=item1e7685eb39&_uhb=1

and if so can you upload a picture of ur memory card so folks know what they should be expecting

from what i've been seeing there appears a version with two holes and a version with no holes[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is the one. I will try to get a pic out tomorrow since the card is not like any of the pics in the auction (same shape as first, but not ultra), depends on how long winded the day @ hospital is though since is supposed to be a 18hr one, unless the residents let me out sooner. Do send me a PM to remember if I have not posted by 8:00pm.

Component cables and psp go start case is cheap at frys.com the cables are 0.45 and the start kit is 1.99. Start kit is the same as the GameStop. The cables are the official ones. Cheapest shipping is 2.99.

I have a PSP 2000, and lots of games. I hardly play it though, and basically gave it to my gf since she's been using it more than I have in the past year.

What reason would I have to get a PSP Go? TV Output isn't that big a deal to me, nor is bluetooth. Why does this little system entice me so?

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Slightly off-topic, but how are you liking VLR? :D[/QUOTE]

I'm liking VLR quite a bit. There are a few wtf moments in the game (Alice's outfit one of them) but I like the plot/characters and I haven't finished it yet but I will eventually get all the endings. I like how easy it to go back and play any segment of the game and while at first I didn't like how the game forced you to go back and play down another path before finishing the one you were on it did grow on me. The puzzles are good for the most part with only a couple I found being annoying. Overall I would recommend getting it (though I'm sure you already did judging by your avatar) and I'll probably get any other VNs chunsoft release here.

[quote name='Seth Oriath']What reason would I have to get a PSP Go? TV Output isn't that big a deal to me, nor is bluetooth. Why does this little system entice me so?[/QUOTE]

I have a PSP-1000 and PSP-3000 and a Vita but I still want this. I don't know why but I always have and the TV Output with DS3 pushed me over the edge and now I have to get one.

I got a white one from GS, also picked up the Component TV out cable for a penny! 1 PENNY!

The grips on my White PSPgo are pink though, not sure if it came like that or what happened there. :whistle2:s

I really hate how the component cables show the psp games in a small little box in the tv. I don't care if the image is stretched, I just want it to be bigger than a third the size of my tv lol. Is there any work around for this? The PS1 games don't do this.. I might just have to make this a portable ps1 system

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I really hate how the component cables show the psp games in a small little box in the tv. I don't care if the image is stretched, I just want it to be bigger than a third the size of my tv lol. Is there any work around for this? The PS1 games don't do this.. I might just have to make this a portable ps1 system[/QUOTE]

I think I saw a program you can load on the psp go to make it play full screen on your HDTV. I'm looking into this as I own a plasma and don't want any burn in while I'm playing on my set.

[quote name='Blabadon']When you buy the PSPgo used at GameStop, does it come with everything to start playing, like wires and such?[/QUOTE]

Every unit I saw came with the wall charger/usb cable, it's like the Vita power cable

[quote name='Blabadon']When you buy the PSPgo used at GameStop, does it come with everything to start playing, like wires and such?[/QUOTE]

YMMV, I saw some with only the system with or without a combination of charger, case, memory stick, usb cable.

[quote name='JYabbz']YMMV, I saw some with only the system with or without a combination of charger, case, memory stick, usb cable.[/QUOTE]

Just a point of clarification: the PSPgo does come with 16gb of hdd space built in.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']I think I saw a program you can load on the psp go to make it play full screen on your HDTV. I'm looking into this as I own a plasma and don't want any burn in while I'm playing on my set.[/QUOTE]

Please let us know your findings. I can only get it to about half the size of my HD screen, which is bigger than the portable, but I want it to be full :p

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Please let us know your findings. I can only get it to about half the size of my HD screen, which is bigger than the portable, but I want it to be full :p[/QUOTE]

Just wondering if you've messed around with your TV's zoom settings? That may help out fill the screen.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']I think I saw a program you can load on the psp go to make it play full screen on your HDTV. I'm looking into this as I own a plasma and don't want any burn in while I'm playing on my set.[/QUOTE]

You are right. I dont remember the program, but it allows games to be played full screen on tv. I think the program is called fusa?

bread's done
Back