PSP Slim Redesign

Regarding that video, I am disappointed that it doesn't still have the "grips" on it like the original, and I wish games were closer to full screen, but it still looks like it does a good job. Maybe it would require more hardware to scale games up further.

[quote name='Rocko']Regardless, eh? I really wish I was allowed to make bullshit statements, then, when questioned, say "Regardless, I'm correct."[/quote]

Random insults. Cute. I expect no more from this site.

That is what they said.

You're playing the wrong games.

Oh really? And what games would those be that are "correct"?

I think the best part about this is that you critisize people for being PSP fanboys, yet refuse to admit that the PSP has less battery life than the DS due to some random TV show you saw while almsot everyone here says you're incorrect. Sweet ironing.

Actually I never said anything other than the battery life on both is fine. But do continue making stuff up.

Insults? I just think it's funny that your rebuttal is "Regardless, I'm right" like that should be the end of the argument.

This is really a lost cause, though, so I'm just going to stop.

[quote name='Rocko']Insults? I just think it's funny that your rebuttal is "Regardless, I'm right" like that should be the end of the argument.

This is really a lost cause, though, so I'm just going to stop.[/QUOTE]

That was never my rebuttal. I've said the same thing from the first post about this to the last. You keep putting words in my mouth.

When asked about documentation-

[quote name='Wolfpup']Regardless, that's what their tests showed.[/quote]
I mean, shit, I saw this article where the PSP asplodes after use! I mean, I'm not sure where the article is, but that's what the show said, and if you PSP doesn't asplode either you're lying, or it's defective. So there!

anyone know if their going to make the backlight any better in this revision because as is this things almost unplayable outside for me even when its overcast.

[quote name='PhoenixT']anyone know if their going to make the backlight any better in this revision because as is this things almost unplayable outside for me even when its overcast.[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard anyone say anything about that. IMO the last really usable system outside was the first version of the Gameboy Advance SP.

You really need a reflective screen to do that, rather than transflective that all the newer systems are (and the newer GBA-SPs).

actually my DS lite is very useable outside its why its currently my favorite handheld system since I do most of my portable gaming outside :/. I was hoping the PSP would get that fixed in this revision if it dosent I'll likely stick with my fat since I"ve modded it so the DPad works fine and my buttons don't bother me.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I haven't heard anyone say anything about that. IMO the last really usable system outside was the first version of the Gameboy Advance SP.

You really need a reflective screen to do that, rather than transflective that all the newer systems are (and the newer GBA-SPs).[/quote]

That's a common complaint with the PSP. I think the best remedy is to use the sun guard on the PGP, but I'm not sure.

[quote name='PhoenixT']actually my DS lite is very useable outside its why its currently my favorite handheld system since I do most of my portable gaming outside :/. I was hoping the PSP would get that fixed in this revision if it dosent I'll likely stick with my fat since I"ve modded it so the DPad works fine and my buttons don't bother me.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, personally I don't like either outside. I really think the GBA-SP is the last useable system outside in bright sunlight. The DS and Playstation you have to play in shade just to see them.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Hmm, personally I don't like either outside. I really think the GBA-SP is the last useable system outside in bright sunlight. The DS and Playstation you have to play in shade just to see them.[/quote]

Have you played the DS Lite outside, or the fat? The DS Lite definitely improves over the fat in terms of outside playability.

[quote name='Rocko']Have you played the DS Lite outside, or the fat? The DS Lite definitely improves over the fat in terms of outside playability.[/QUOTE]

I didn't find that to be the case. None of the transflective screens seem particularly usable to me. Unusable in direct sunlight, poor in shade.

Thing is, the new PSP is glossy all over, so not only would the screen be unusable but the whole system (front and back) would shimmer in direct sunlight for all the wrong reasons. :whistle2:(

At least with the current PSP, the Playgear Pocket's top half can act as a shield like primetime said, but for me it's still difficult even with the 4th (max. via AC adaptor/OE custom firmware) brightness setting.

[quote name='Halo05']I think I'm the only one psyched for the Star Wars PSP. I keep trying to preorder it but every week EBstop shoots me down. Jerks.[/QUOTE]
I want one! But not for Star Wars, cause its white. Should I preorder too? I don't think demand will be high or anything, but I do have some credit to burn.

I'd preorder if they let you. You never know how these things are going to go, and demand will probably be higher 'cause people randomly buy more game stuff at the end of the year. Worst case you tie up some of your credit with them.

I just wish there was a plain white one. Black's boring, and grey/silver isn't my thing.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I'd preorder if they let you. You never know how these things are going to go, and demand will probably be higher 'cause people randomly buy more game stuff at the end of the year. Worst case you tie up some of your credit with them.

I just wish there was a plain white one. Black's boring, and grey/silver isn't my thing.[/quote]

Dirt and grime > white PSP.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Dirt and grime > white PSP.[/QUOTE]

I would think that, but my white DS Lite is just fine. I wants a white PSP! (Or blue, or some other color than black or silver :) )

I'm more or less forced to get the silver, since I want the Daxter bundle. But my DS Lite is black, so I'm up for a change.

Yeah, the Daxter bundle seems like a great deal. Maybe I'll like the color better when I see it in person.

I wish they were less conservative in the U.S. Seems like Japan and Europe both get more, and more interesting colors!

I've seen some pics that make the silver seem dull, and others that make it seem very glossy and shiny. Not sure which I like more. But at that price I can't not buy the Daxter bundle, since I'd end up buying a memory stick and Daxter anyway.

Has anyone started pre-orders on the slim or has there been a solid launch date yet? I've got the dough stashed from selling my phat waiting for the release.

Anyone know how accruate CAGWiki is for the PSP trade-in values? It has the PSP for 80 and 1 gig stick for 20; if true, with the Edge card, I'll only have to pay 90 bucks for the Daxter pack.

[quote name='Chitown021']Has anyone started pre-orders on the slim or has there been a solid launch date yet? I've got the dough stashed from selling my phat waiting for the release.[/QUOTE]
I think the launch is Sept. 10th.

I know the Daxter bundle is a pretty good deal but I think the 1 gig memory stick is too small. I'd rather just buy a bigger one separately.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Anyone know how accruate CAGWiki is for the PSP trade-in values? It has the PSP for 80 and 1 gig stick for 20; if true, with the Edge card, I'll only have to pay 90 bucks for the Daxter pack.[/QUOTE]
The PSP trade-in is definitely lower than 80.

[quote name='Chitown021']Has anyone started pre-orders on the slim or has there been a solid launch date yet? I've got the dough stashed from selling my phat waiting for the release.[/quote]

As was already said, the Daxter bundle (and I believe the stand-alone black as well, but not sure) is September 10. I believe the Star Wars white edition is sometime in October.

Gamestop wasn't accepting preorder earlier last week. I'll probably give them a call Friday to see if they're taking preorders yet, as I have $250 in GS credit to burn.

This comes out within a month--why don't any retail websites have ANY info on it?! You'd think they get people all hype and excited to buy one...

[quote name='lilboo']This comes out within a month--why don't any retail websites have ANY info on it?! You'd think they get people all hype and excited to buy one...[/QUOTE]

probably so they can sell out the old models. that's my only guess.

Anyone see anything about a PSP2000 Playgear Pocket? I went on Logitech's website to try and find a contact email to inquire, but it was all phone numbers and addresses.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Anyone see anything about a PSP2000 Playgear Pocket? I went on Logitech's website to try and find a contact email to inquire, but it was all phone numbers and addresses.[/QUOTE]

I am wanting to know the same. I need a case for it when it hits the street, and a playgear would be my first choice.

Cool. Maybe GS will be taking pre-orders soon, too. I'll confirm tomorrow or Sunday when I go trade some Wii games with that coupon extension.

[quote name='Chitown021']Sweet! No tax & free shipping![/quote]

but not that good of a return policy compared to sams or costco...:whistle2:k

edit: mess up on the header lol

I called Gamestop yesterday and they weren't taking preorders yet. I wish they would, as I have credit to burn.

Still no pages for it on the GS website that I can see.

I'm sure GS will be doing pre-orders very shortly, then. I do have some credit to burn as well and want that Daxter pack...

Don't know if this in-depth preview from Famitsu has been posted in the topic already, but it's worth a look. It compares the two models, and even looks at the TV tuner accessory that's being released in Japan.

-Official Name/Model #: PSP-2000
-On the box (Japanese version only?): Slim & Lite PSP

I won't lie, this is tempting. Once they crack it, I might be on it.

Has the screen quality been upped on these or are they the same as the normal PSPs? That's a far bigger selling point for me for these handheld hardware refreshes than most formfactor changes.

[quote name='daroga']Has the screen quality been upped on these or are they the same as the normal PSPs? That's a far bigger selling point for me for these handheld hardware refreshes than most formfactor changes.[/quote]

As far as I know, it's the same screen. But the original screen was excellent as it was IMO, so it wasn't one of the items that really needed much if any improvement.

[quote name='Sanosuke Sagara']Does anyone know if the silver on the psp in the bundle will be paint that'll rub off or is the plastic itself silver?[/quote]

The plastic isn't silver, it is painted but I'd say there is a 99.9% chance that the silver won't rub off since it is protected with that glossy coating. That's the one great thing about the gloss, it protects the finish. On the black it is a fingerprint machine but on silver none should show up (going by my silver Micro).

[quote name='gunm']As far as I know, it's the same screen. But the original screen was excellent as it was IMO, so it wasn't one of the items that really needed much if any improvement.[/quote]
I think he's emphasizing moreso on whether or not it will have the ghosting.

It's very likely that the ghosting will still be there, but out of the 57 PSP games I own, it's not really bothersome in anything but GTA(which is my least played PSP game anyway), so I won't mind too much.

[quote name='gunm']Meh, I never had a problem with the display.[/quote]

You didn't play the right games. Go play Megaman Powered Up and you WILL see the ghosting.

bread's done
Back