Put On Your Yarmulke, Here Comes HanukkOTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Maklershed']Anyone else having a problem streaming Netflix right now?[/QUOTE]

I tried setting up Netflix on my dad's new Roku for the past two hours on and off to no avail.

Here I am- wrapping like a hurricane- La la Loopsy boxes were designed by assholes. It's their revenge for my wife's and my refusal to buy our kid Bratz dolls.

Just wrapping our own presents now. Got all that kid stuff done last night.

Why is the local news showing nothing but "Cold Case Files" (local news segment on unsolved murders) on Christmas Eve?

*Puts on Elder Scrolls Nerd Hat* I loved Morrowind. It had some issues, but holy shit was it fun. Be warned, if you're used to Oblivion and Skyrim, Morrowind is 482390483 times more difficult. You can barely even step foot out of the starting town without getting your ass pummeled by mudcrabs.

[quote name='eldergamer']Just wrapping our own presents now. Got all that kid stuff done last night.

Why is the local news showing nothing but "Cold Case Files" (local news segment on unsolved murders) on Christmas Eve?[/QUOTE]
Sounds like they were watching way too much Silent Night, Deadly Night

[quote name='Temporaryscars']*Puts on Elder Scrolls Nerd Hat* I loved Morrowind. It had some issues, but holy shit was it fun. Be warned, if you're used to Oblivion and Skyrim, Morrowind is 482390483 times more difficult. You can barely even step foot out of the starting town without getting your ass pummeled by mudcrabs.[/QUOTE]

Mudcrabs were never an issue. Cliff Racers on the other hand...

I played Daggerfall on the PC years ago. Quickly found a editing program to help me "cheat."

Okay. let's get this flurry of ripping paper and opening presents over with.

Merry Christmas! GF got me the new iPad, and her parents got her a Wii U with Mario and ZombiU, can't wait to play that.

I ended up with a very Star Wars themed Christmas this year. Boba Fett hoodie, robe, and then a Vader alarm clock and Empire Strikes Back bed sheets for the missus and I.

[quote name='JStryke']Mudcrabs were never an issue. Cliff Racers on the other hand...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Cliff Racers are annoying as hell, but I think there's a mod that lets you remove them.

I just remember stepping outside that first village being a level 1 and getting insta-killed by a mudcrab.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Yeah, the Cliff Racers are annoying as hell, but I think there's a mod that lets you remove them.

I just remember stepping outside that first village being a level 1 and getting insta-killed by a mudcrab.[/QUOTE]

I'm married to Mjoll the Lioness and she's my follower and she doesn't shut the fuck up about cliff racers being excellent sport. I guess those things arent in Oblivion because I've never seen a cliff racer.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm married to Mjoll the Lioness and she's my follower and she doesn't shut the fuck up about cliff racers being excellent sport. I guess those things arent in Oblivion because I've never seen a cliff racer.[/QUOTE]

The development team has admitted that the sheer number of cliff racers in the game was a mistake.
In Oblivion, Jiub is said to have driven the Cliff Racers off the island and was made a saint because of it.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Beasts#Cliff_Racer

[quote name='Rocko']This?[/QUOTE]
Yep.

We've been looking for an advanced automated thermostat with remote accessibility. It's about a $75-100 premium over the other model we were considering but it's ease of use and aesthetics (it's in a visible place) seemed worth it. Once I tried one at Lowes and a friends house we were sold on it. It was also easier to DIY install than the other models. Now I just need a lennox solar set-up and I am good to go HVAC wise.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Yep.

We've been looking for an advanced automated thermostat with remote accessibility. It's about a $75-100 premium over the other model we were considering but it's ease of use and aesthetics (it's in a visible place) seemed worth it. Once I tried one at Lowes and a friends house we were sold on it. It was also easier to DIY install than the other models. Now I just need a lennox solar set-up and I am good to go HVAC wise.[/QUOTE]
That looks pretty sweet, I'd buy one if I owned a house.

What a rainy, wet christmas.
So many presents, the kids have forgotten to open some.

(Why am I still looking at the deals thread?)

[quote name='Rocko']That looks pretty sweet, I'd buy one if I owned a house.[/QUOTE]

$200+ for a thermostat? I paid $75 for mine and I thought I was overpaying.

It all depends on what you want it to do.

It's damn expensive, but then again you should see my AC bills in the summer now. Working from home and having FIL live with us at home 24/7 makes a simple scheduled "home and away" system hard to pay off. I can toggle it on and off with 30-60 minutes notice now remotely and should finally get some decent savings. If I see a 10-20% savings over the older model then it will pay for the difference in less than a year.

These are not the best deal for a 9-5'er with a standard weekly schedule- but it hopefully works for us.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I ended up with a very Star Wars themed Christmas this year. Boba Fett hoodie, robe, and then a Vader alarm clock and Empire Strikes Back bed sheets for the missus and I.[/QUOTE]
I got this Star Wars Visual Guide and it's a really cool book. It includes a lot of lore stuff from the expanded universe stuff from the books and games, as I saw some KOTORII and Republic Commando stuff in there.

Congrats to Dt778 for winning the OTT FF League. Also, thanks for beating Rock. I can't believe I dominated all year in points then fell flat for both weeks of the playoffs.

I need a programmable thermostat, but not that expensive of one. Just one to settle the "dont turn the heat down when you come to bed" arguments.

And Christmas is over. Built with legos, did doll-sticker dress up (A Pretty Purple Party Dress!) and crafts Back to the grind tomorrow.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Congrats to Dt778 for winning the OTT FF League. Also, thanks for beating Rock. I can't believe I dominated all year in points then fell flat for both weeks of the playoffs.[/QUOTE]That sorta happened to me in another league. Kicked ass all season. Last week put up a stinker. Then smashed this week to win 3rd place.

Tonight's going to be fun. Working in the snow. Already fearing the ride to and back since while it's snowing right now, it's supposed to be freezing rain / sleet later tonight.

Hell, was already in a (very minor) accident Monday night when it snowed.

Wife got talked into buying the Gamestop Power Up Pro card when she bought me a game there. Think I've been in gamestop maybe 5 times in the past year.

Do most of my trade ins to Amazon now. Back to work today. Might do a fake sick call (personal day) tomorrow if we're doing something with FiL before he leaves.

Holy shit. This blizzard is crazy bad. It's still early and we already got a few inches of snow and nobody seemed to believe the weather forecast enough to salt the highways around here, but I'm lucky to get home in only 30 minutes with my route that normally takes 15 minutes. We're supposed to get about 8-14 inches by tomorrow morning.

Tonight wasn't too bad, but my legs are sore as hell. Carts don't move very well at all when there's slush everywhere. Being soaked though, at least I got some free pants out of it.

I wonder how long the games I got for Xmas will sit on my shelf before I ever bother with them. At least I'm putting in some work on Battlefield 3 for PC. Just waiting for Black Ops 2 to drop more than 17% on Steam.

[quote name='JStryke']Tonight's going to be fun. Working in the snow. Already fearing the ride to and back since while it's snowing right now, it's supposed to be freezing rain / sleet later tonight.

Hell, was already in a (very minor) accident Monday night when it snowed.[/QUOTE]
We got about 3-4 inches up in the Northeast PA so far. They were calling for 3-8 depending where you watched. No clue on the freezing rain/slush as I am not walking outside at 1:45 in the morning :lol:.

Cross-Buy is pretty neat... gf bought me PS Battle All Stars for the PS3, comes with free PSV game download, and then the save files sync across both platforms.

Morning, OTT.

Drive home yesterday was fun...and this morning was more of the same. Good thing it's a slow week on the roads.

At least I'm carpooling with Mrs. Number83 this week.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']We got about 3-4 inches up in the Northeast PA so far. They were calling for 3-8 depending where you watched. No clue on the freezing rain/slush as I am not walking outside at 1:45 in the morning :lol:.[/QUOTE]

We probably had about two inches of snow and then it rained pretty hard for a couple hours making everything one big sloppy mess. Roads were surprisingly not bad at all on my way home, but curious if there's any black ice and such this morning.

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.

Drive home yesterday was fun...and this morning was more of the same. Good thing it's a slow week on the roads.

At least I'm carpooling with Mrs. Number83 this week.[/QUOTE]

83 is getting some road head!

[quote name='munch']83 is getting some road head![/QUOTE]

I wish!!!!

If anything I'll get my ear talked off for the 35 minute car ride.

:headache:

Family Feud still kills to this day. Steve Harvey asks "Name something that's difficult to say to someone else." A pretty standard and general question. With two strikes down a woman answers by first saying "I'm celibate so this really doesn't apply to me, but....telling a man he has a small penis."

I fucking lost it when I heard her say it and needless to say it was not up on the board.

One of the few things I miss about Anchorage is people's non-chalant and calm reaction to snow. Down here it's like "Snow? Lock the doors! Into the bomb shelter! We're all going to die!!!"

[quote name='eldergamer']One of the few things I miss about Anchorage is people's non-chalant and calm reaction to snow. Down here it's like "Snow? Lock the doors! Into the bomb shelter! We're all going to die!!!"[/QUOTE]

There are two people in my WoW Raiding Guild who live in Alaska...It's great when you ask them how the weather is and they casually respond -40 degrees and 2 feet of snow...like it's just another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back