Radioshack Trade 5 "electronic devices" get min 25$

stoned99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
I've been watching this promotion for a day or two waiting to see what items qualified for trade

http://www.radioshack.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=24767316&utm_campaign=Bigger_Better_Event&utm_medium=RSCOM&utm_source=HMPG&utm_content=HMPGA1

Trade in 1 qualifying item, get $5 gift card
Trade in 2 qualifying items, get $10 gift card
Trade in 3 qualifying items, get a $15 gift card
Trade in 4 qualifying items, get a $20 gift card
Trade in 5 qualifying items, get a $25 gift card

RULES:
1) Item must be in working condition
2) Customer must present drivers license and store must participate in RadioShack trade and save program
3) Customer must process all applicable trades at one time. Customers cannot trade in one device at store A and then trade in three additional devices at store B.
4) Customers will receive credit off their purchase or a RadioShack gift card, whichever they device.
5) Customers cannot process over five items per drivers license(Not sure how we are tracking that?)

Folks on Fatwallet have been reporting trading all sorts of junk, the easiest being random old headsets. What just caught my eye is the fact it includes video games, so let the games begin.

Apparently not all RadioShacks are participating so make sure to use the store finder on this page

http://www.radioshacktradeandsave.com/online/home/index.rails?enc=MEQZVP0ui+5eEOTewsoVjAEajFfsb5NjSFklWIryrbEvHjnaPiuIIEFkh2t5fcFoGYvsiNNfovyUhX6I/DbcD2UKX1TN40wI1Cc5SErlro6rqVCOwaQ1fnz6JvvQxI3hecVZOQeuUtlziJrZgtL29gtrYkCv4Q2f7xCM6yK1g4Q=

pdf link of the promotion taken from what looks like screen shots of IE

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-rGI2xT8n_MVlERVBoS19yam8/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
no retailers have access to DMV databases or link those into their stores, so yes, any number will work but you're putting yourself in an uncomfortable spot there by giving a fake DL#.

The reason they ask for those DL#s is to track back to you if the merchandise you're trading is stolen. If radioshack linked your fake DL#s to your real DL# there might be reason for them to do something stupid like call the police.

Not worth it for $25. See if you can take more friends or family members instead. I got $75 from this and i'm happy.

Oh god do I have to be the one to try to abuse this? This changes the game. And what if my stuff isn't stolen? ;)

I will be going back with my passport and 2 other friends to see what goes on sometime this weekend.

Fake ID's are illegal, so I'm pretty sure providing fake ID information falls under the same category.  If you go to multiple stores in the same district using different info and they notice it's the same person, since you are also on camera, they probably will get the police involved.  I'm pretty sure this would fall under fraud.

Fake ID's are illegal, so I'm pretty sure providing fake ID information falls under the same category. If you go to multiple stores in the same district using different info and they notice it's the same person, since you are also on camera, they probably will get the police involved. I'm pretty sure this would fall under fraud.
Narc.

All STL area zip codes I put in on that search link return zero results. None of the STL Radio Shacks do trades? Or does the site not work on mobile phones?

All STL area zip codes I put in on that search link return zero results. None of the STL Radio Shacks do trades? Or does the site not work on mobile phones?
Doesn't seem to work on mobile phones for me either. The store I successfully traded at last night doesn't come up in the search results.

RIP pocket bike racing

I traded that and a bunch of GameCube games I bought at thrift stores the past year today

good trade in promo

Doesn't seem to work on mobile phones for me either. The store I successfully traded at last night doesn't come up in the search results.
Same for me in Iowa. Nothing returned in the search results, but when I asked in store they knew of the promo and I was able to trade in without any problem.

Just did a couple more trade ins with a friend and my old student ID.  Told the clerk I lost my D.L. but have a student ID and my passport on me.  He was hesitant at first because their promo instructions clearly state "MUST use a state issued identification card/drivers license", but offered to call his manager (no answer) and subsequently his district manager who told him to just use one of the photo IDs available.  When he asked me what I wanted to buy with the trade in, I asked if I could get cash but that was no go, so I just got 2 more $25 kindle cards. 

Hell, the clerks were so confused about this promo (both virgins/newbs to this promo) they asked me to go behind the counter and figure out how to get to the promo to work (as I knew way more about it than them and had the printed material with instructions) as they were saying they didn't see it when clicking on the "trade in and save" link.  Of course, it's the bottom right selection with the pic of the $5 bill that says "$5 promotion".  Once I showed them that it was generally smooth sailing.  They will take just about anything computer related (mouse, keyboard, etc.), obviously based on clerk/store discretion, because their own instructions do list "computer accessories" as acceptable trade in items - I managed to get a few old computer mice and all the old and some of the new ear buds traded in no problem.

BTW I got a copy of the 4 page official instructions (not the partial, screen cap pics) except for page 2, which he took back, unfortunately.  That page specifically states "ear buds and video games are acceptable for trade in", so if you get issues with anything being traded in, have them review the official instructions clearly.  I really wanted that page so I could scan all of the instructions clearly and post them for everyone, but again, that was stated clearly in their own instructions so ear buds are perfectly acceptable as long as they work.

OK so if I traded in my PS4 mono headset & 4 PSP games I'm good for $25? I can't take my crappy headset to GS because the manager won't take the Sony PS4 mono headset.

OK so if I traded in my PS4 mono headset & 4 PSP games I'm good for $25? I can't take my crappy headset to GS because the manager won't take the Sony PS4 mono headset.
You should be, although I recommend you call your closest Radio Shack location(s) and ask them if they are participating in "The Bigger, Better Event" electronic device trade in promotion. And double check to make sure none of the games you are planning to trade in are worth anything.

You should be, although I recommend you call your closest Radio Shack location(s) and ask them if they are participating in "The Bigger, Better Event" electronic device trade in promotion. And double check to make sure none of the games you are planning to trade in are worth anything.
Yeah I'll check the PSP games vs. Amazon, thanks.

Gonna stop into GS first and grab some el cheapo PS2 before I run into the Shack. Hopefully they'll let me grab a Kindle card. If not, I'll take the gift card and come back the following day to grab one.

Tbh the hardest part of this promotion for me is finding a friend willing to go in with me who wouldn't want the $25 Amazon GC. What are you guys saying to your friends!?!? Do you buy them food?!! I mean I'm sure my friends wouldn't mind doing it for me at all, but just wanna hear what some of you guys do lol

you don't buy a kindle card or whatever right there... you just wait or go to a different store and just bring the card to the counter and then wait for the payment and then give them the giftcard... don't say anything about it first or be too upfront -_-

you don't buy a kindle card or whatever right there... you just wait or go to a different store and just bring the card to the counter and then wait for the payment and then give them the giftcard... don't say anything about it first or be too upfront -_-
Yea this is what I did, I traded in by my house for a radio shack card. And then I stopped at a Shack by my work after work and bought a Kindle Card.

It depends on the store cause my store gave me the $25 RS GC and I used it right there for a Kindle card. I did this 2 times so far at the same store and need to pick up a third card. Different ID's were used for each transaction.

Hell some people are getting $25 cash. Now that's a good way to stay in business.

Finally got around to doing this. Grabbed 5 shit PS2 games from GS on the way (total $2.39), and had to wait about 25 minutes or so, but it worked. Right after finishing ringing up the gift card, I asked if I could use it to buy the Kindle card - no problem. Out the door with the card seconds later. Promptly ran back to GS, bought 5 more shitty games, and will have the wife use her ID tomorrow. Great deal.

I did this yesterday. It took forever since I was apparently the first one. I'm going to go back in a couple of days and trade the Radio Shack gift card for an Amazon one.

When they ask me what I want to get with the $25 credit, I simply ask "can I get cash?  Some people are apparently getting cash".  They inevitably say no, so I subsequently ask if they have Kindles (which they obviously do).  Thus I follow up with "oh great, I already have one but I'll take a $25 kindle card" and I haven't been denied yet (4 trade ins total twice each at two locations, including one trade in by a friend.  And yes, I did in fact buy him lunch for his trouble).  I prefer they don't waste one of their Radio Shack gift cards, since I'm simply going to use it to get the kindle card.  Every time, they've simply rung up the kindle card as part of the trade in transaction.

So I went to my Radioshack with 5 ps2 games and without even looking at them he said they weren't allowed to accept video games toward the promotion in the state of Florida. He said that it was in the fine print on the promo page on the website. I've looked and nothing about florida is mentioned. anyone else have experience with this?

Florida isn't participating at all it seems due to pawn laws - the details state "all stores located in the state of Florida are not eligible to participate"

As for video games, it clearly states in numerous places that video games are accepted. Tell the clerk to look up the 4 page details of the promo specifically page 2 where it states ear buds and video games are perfectly acceptable.

The "overview" section of the google docs screen cap linked in the OP clearly states "examples of products that can be traded in: headphones, routers, video games, recycle only wireless handsets, gps units, cameras, etc."

I'm currently standing in line waiting to do another trade in, can't believe how many lowest common denominator types are getting phones here, good God.

I looked at the details from the front page of their site the other day and thought it said credit can be applied towards a purchase at the time of trade OR issued as a gift card.

Can find nothing now saying you can get the $25 on a RS gift card.

Did they change this or is it referenced somewhere else?

I looked at the details from the front page of their site the other day and thought it said credit can be applied towards a purchase at the time of trade OR issued as a gift card.

Can find nothing now saying you can get the $25 on a RS gift card.

Did they change this or is it referenced somewhere else?
Check the details on the google docs screen caps linked in the OP - IIRC, it states in there a couple of places that the customer can select to apply it to goods to be purchased OR a Radio Shack giftcard. However, it also states somewhere that "giftcard should be a last resort offering" or something to that effect.

Just did this deal by trading in 4 old ps2 games and a ps1 greatest hits game. They accepted no problems and gave me $25 gift card. I was going to spend it on an Amazon Kindle card, but they ran out. So I just used the card at another Radio Shack location. And yeah, limit one deal per person since they ask for your state issued ID.

Also, for those in San Diego. The only stores participating in this promotion are the southern most ones. The one off Palm Ave. near Walmart and the other on Saturn Blvd. off the 5 freeway. Checked the other one in Chula Vista and National City and they pointed me to Palm.

Seems like I was the first person to try this at my local Radioshack.  I had no problem trading in old sports games for GC/Xbox/PS2.  They didn't even seem concerned about the condition at all.  The worker was going to check the discs and the manager said not to bother.  Surprisingly easy process...

Took 3 trips to the store but no problem because it took 3 trips.  My manager actually told me they just sent a corporate email saying no more games.  I traded 5 ps2 games for PlayStation store gift cards.  Does anyone have any success going to a different Radio Shack or is the license in the computer so you are flagged everywhere. 

Wait dammit they better not stop taking games I'm about to go with some friends tomorrow and if they reject my games imma be pist I WANT FREE MONEY DAMMIT D I C K S Q U A D

Yeah, I got one more load of crap games to dump off today. They better not have changed it out of nowhere, or I'll be fightin' mad. Anger rising...

This is a terrible (for them) and pretty vague promo Radio Shack is running. They're now probably realizing how many worthless games they've been allowing. I honestly wouldn't blame em for not taking vigi games lol.

But only to Radio Shack is 5 copies of Madden 98 on PS1 worth $25!

So if games are a no go now what are some good things to trade in? I'll take some games anyways just in case. I'm sure I have a bunch of earbuds laying around. They seriously take used earbuds? Computer mice? Hmmm maybe I'll just throw a bunch of stuff in a box and press my luck

This is a terrible (for them) and pretty vague promo Radio Shack is running. They're now probably realizing how many worthless games they've been allowing. I honestly wouldn't blame em for not taking vigi games lol.

But only to Radio Shack is 5 copies of Madden 98 on PS1 worth $25!
You forgot about that target trade in program from awhile back :shame:

Brought In:

Old Lg Flip Phone

Old AT&T Flip Phone

MTV Voice recorder

Clock Radio

Ball Mouse

Ball Mouse

Old Ear Bud

Old Ear Bud

Portable Picture Viewer

Portable speaker hardwired got free at some conference 

They took:

Old Lg Flip Phone

Old AT&T Flip Phone

Old Ear Bud

Old Ear Bud

Portable speaker hardwired got free at some conference 

They said these weren't accepted:

Ball Mouse

Ball Mouse

Portable Picture Viewer

They said that these would be accepted and are eligible and I could give them to someone else to use towards the 5:

MTV Voice recorder

Clock Radio

Got $25 Amazon Kindle Gift Card

My experience: got home called the closest radio shack and they said they were participating on the program. Later that day I was at the mall and saw a radio shack so I tried just trading in there. Brought in 8 GameCube games (FIFA 06,07 and some other lol games like ant bully) and for ds wwe 08. The guy went to the back and said ok but pick 5. I was with my aunt an told him we would do five each he said ok. Asked me if I knew what I wanted. Told him if I could just buy a gift card and he said no it had to be a gift card. So while in the store I called the initial radio shack and asked if I'd be able to get a cg there and he said yes of course and he didn't know why this guy wasn't letting me. So I went up to the guy and said never mind the other radio shack is giving me it. He have me a rude face lol. Went to the other and he took them no problem. He was cool.

I was able to trade games.

Traded in:

Two pairs if earbuds
Two crappy DVD players
USB keyboard
MP3 player (cheap)
Universal charger
Thermostat
All star pro football (360)
Rock revolution (360)

And they let me buy a $50 kindle card right then. :)

Had my mom go with me today. Will see if some other family members will do this for me too

bread's done
Back