Radioshack Trade 5 "electronic devices" get min 25$

stoned99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
I've been watching this promotion for a day or two waiting to see what items qualified for trade

http://www.radioshack.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=24767316&utm_campaign=Bigger_Better_Event&utm_medium=RSCOM&utm_source=HMPG&utm_content=HMPGA1

Trade in 1 qualifying item, get $5 gift card
Trade in 2 qualifying items, get $10 gift card
Trade in 3 qualifying items, get a $15 gift card
Trade in 4 qualifying items, get a $20 gift card
Trade in 5 qualifying items, get a $25 gift card

RULES:
1) Item must be in working condition
2) Customer must present drivers license and store must participate in RadioShack trade and save program
3) Customer must process all applicable trades at one time. Customers cannot trade in one device at store A and then trade in three additional devices at store B.
4) Customers will receive credit off their purchase or a RadioShack gift card, whichever they device.
5) Customers cannot process over five items per drivers license(Not sure how we are tracking that?)

Folks on Fatwallet have been reporting trading all sorts of junk, the easiest being random old headsets. What just caught my eye is the fact it includes video games, so let the games begin.

Apparently not all RadioShacks are participating so make sure to use the store finder on this page

http://www.radioshacktradeandsave.com/online/home/index.rails?enc=MEQZVP0ui+5eEOTewsoVjAEajFfsb5NjSFklWIryrbEvHjnaPiuIIEFkh2t5fcFoGYvsiNNfovyUhX6I/DbcD2UKX1TN40wI1Cc5SErlro6rqVCOwaQ1fnz6JvvQxI3hecVZOQeuUtlziJrZgtL29gtrYkCv4Q2f7xCM6yK1g4Q=

pdf link of the promotion taken from what looks like screen shots of IE

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-rGI2xT8n_MVlERVBoS19yam8/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did this today with my girlfriend. Did a handful of old pc games, disc only ps2 and 360 sports games. Probably paid 5 bucks for all of it turned it into 50 in gift cards. They were really nice so I didn't want to just grab an amazon card right away so I'll do it another day.

Sweet Jesus. Called another Radio Shack, they said they would take games. I brought in 5 360 games and 5 PS2 games, they accepted all of them. I'm about to go take more LOL. The workers are probably new to the store, though they did call their manager, who said games were acceptable.

My experience went very smoothly. When I took a friend, the person had no idea about it or how to do it. He messed it up somehow to the point of where my friend couldn't trade in anything else. He took a PS/2 keyboard and gave him a $5 giftcard.

Truthfully this promo isn't worth my time. RadioShack is one of the more ratchet retailers on the Earth, and I say this as someone who worked there for three years.

My experience went very smoothly. When I took a friend, the person had no idea about it or how to do it. He messed it up somehow to the point of where my friend couldn't trade in anything else. He took a PS/2 keyboard and gave him a $5 giftcard.

Truthfully this promo isn't worth my time. RadioShack is one of the more ratchet retailers on the Earth, and I say this as someone who worked there for three years.
More reason to take their money. :p

Had the only headache trying this in today. Despite pointing out the obvious, he refused to accept my games as trade in saying that they were too old and weren't on the list. Also the he can only accept one copy of said game. Going to try another RS nearby tomorrow.

So I went to my Radioshack with 5 ps2 games and without even looking at them he said they weren't allowed to accept video games toward the promotion in the state of Florida. He said that it was in the fine print on the promo page on the website. I've looked and nothing about florida is mentioned. anyone else have experience with this?
I actually saw a commercial for this promo around 5am this morning when I was watching the news **Orlando market** . I might try it tomorrow after work, all they can do is tell me no and kick rocks.

I took a bunch of original Xbox games in at my local store today (in Marion, IL) and they took them no problem. I could not get a Amazon gift card and was told I could only get physical merchandise. Ended up with a SD card for my 3DS and some batteries. Not too bad for some games that have been rotting in my attic...

I tried trading in 5 games today at my local RS but the manager refused to accept my student ID from Ohio University. He claims it has to be a state issued ID and even tried to claim that passports aren't valid either only that driver's licences are to be accepted as valid ID. I told him if he entered the ID number it would go through but he refused. I even pointed out that OU is a state funded school so its a state ID. But he still refused and I left.

Ok I went a second time with a couple more friends. I brought a bunch of crappy ps2 games I got for free and some crappy 360 games.

I now have $100 in gift cards along with $10 cash the worker have me. I still have 5 more games to bring tomorrow. I will use them towards a galaxy tab 3 7"

I tried trading in 5 games today at my local RS but the manager refused to accept my student ID from Ohio University. He claims it has to be a state issued ID and even tried to claim that passports aren't valid either only that driver's licences are to be accepted as valid ID. I told him if he entered the ID number it would go through but he refused. I even pointed out that OU is a state funded school so its a state ID. But he still refused and I left.
"Claimed"!?!?
It's true, stop acting all entitled. Also I highly doubt your school id is considered a state id anywhere. Can you buy beer with it?

Ask the employee and she said that they didn't accept anything Video games except for consoles. Plus she didn't have knowledge of the promo, I showed her but she said it wasn't valid where I live (Puerto Rico).  

"Claimed"!?!?
It's true, stop acting all entitled. Also I highly doubt your school id is considered a state id anywhere. Can you buy beer with it?
I'm not acting entitled. I could really care less as I'm just gonna take someone with me there tommorrow and it was worth a try since some have reported they've been able to use student ID's.

RS gives you 10% off with a school ID, but in no way would it work as a state ID LOL.
Is this actually true or is it more likely that this could be a YMMV situation?

Here's something that may help others.  If an employee unfamiliar with the promotion tries doing it, they'll likely start trying to look up trade in values for your games.  This is not the way to do it,  as we know, since people have been trading in super old games which would definitely not be in the system.  There should be a direct link in their system to the minimum $5 trade and save promotion.  It took 20-30 minutes to get this sorted out at my RS.

I know this is a little off topic but can someone recommend me a good tablet I can use my RS gift cards on?

Thinking either Galaxy Tab 3 7" for $139.99 after price matching at best buy or nexus 7 for 229.99...

I know this is a little off topic but can someone recommend me a good tablet I can use my RS gift cards on?

Thinking either Galaxy Tab 3 7" for $139.99 after price matching at best buy or nexus 7 for 229.99...
I'll recommend the Nexus 7 over any Samsung tablet any day of the week. I work in the Mobile sector and when I have to work on Android devices its always the Nexus 7 I reach for. They have driver issues initially but its an easy fix.

Went with 2 friends today, paid $5.66 at Gamestop for some sports games, turned it into $50 Amazon GC. Bought them tickets to go watch the Hobbit, so essentially paid $25.66 to get 2 Amazon GCs. I don't mind though, it was a good movie. We're going back tomorrow to try their student IDs. The guy at the radioshack doesn't seem to mind at all, and I think he'll accept the student IDs fine. I might even try to bring my expired permit to see if it works lol. Only bad thing about today was a long ass wait because this family came in asking about some cell phones and took foreverrrrrrrr

Radioshack is still around? They're just small, overpriced electronic stores, hard to believe some are still in business.

derrtaysouth95 said:
Wait....what?

You're saying this is a once per day not a one and done deal?
More mis-information to feed the beast. Your license will only qualify you for the deal once. Highly YMMV if you can get some unknowing clerk to use some other form of ID as well. Somewhere in the past posts it is confirmed that the system recognizes previously used licenses.

I know it's said that the license can only be used once but has anyone actually tried going into another store and using their license again?

Jesus someone on SD burned the numbers on his DL to get multiple trade ins. He's got like $625 in Amazon credit now. And he said he's just gonna report his DL lost to get a replacement.

As in burned them off? If that's the case what would they enter in? Surprised they would even take it
Whatever he tells them to enter as the number, I'd wager. Though that must be either a hell of a lot of driving around from one location to another, or a single location staffed by some of the biggest morons on the planet or people that simply have 0 fucks to give. 625 would be 25 separate/unique trade in transactions for the max $25 each time.

Went today, Everything went smothly, They took:

Optical mouse

PS/2 Keyboard

Madden 08

MLB 06

Old headset

Earbud

Earbud

Clock Radio

And two things i can't remember

Got a 3ds for $119.

Is anyone else having a problem with the radio shack trade in site. I want to know the trade in values to the stuff I have. Guy told me I automatically get $5 for each item plus extra if the item is worth more in their site . He also said no games allowed.

Question. I know Radio Shack price matches, but if they sell a certain tablet online only, can I price match it with a tablet like at Staples that has it on sale in store. Hope that make sense.

Also I went twice today with my parents and then my aunt. They took my guitar hero mic and old pc speakers, along with original Xbox games. They didn't test them and look for wear!

Well had intended to do this today. Decided to call ahead to see of they were doing this promo and accept trade ins.

Was told no. They weren't on the list of trade in stores so I couldn't be disappointed. Figured it was worth the phone call though.

Whatever he tells them to enter as the number, I'd wager. Though that must be either a hell of a lot of driving around from one location to another, or a single location staffed by some of the biggest morons on the planet or people that simply have 0 fucks to give. 625 would be 25 separate/unique trade in transactions for the max $25 each time.
It wouldve been easier to use chalk and a colored pencil, similar to how people try to make their id's into 21 id's. Is it really worth all that effort though. Im happy to have gotten 100$ between me and my family members id's.

I went back today with another person. Traded in four crappy old headphones and a memory card reader. The guy read the rules they see and said earbuds and games are specifically mentioned as ACCEPTABLE trade ins. I asked him why some stores aren't allowing them, and he said they might be franchise stores in which case the manager can make the rules. He also mentioned it says items under 5 lbs only.

I got a 3 month xbox live card with the gift card, no problem.

Took some handheld game system to tv, a dvd player, av selector, and some ps2 games. The employee was helping me out originally but then I was too kind to where I said he should help the guy behind me out since I figured it take longer. Manager walks out and is looking at his POS and tells me first off he wasn't going to take the games, so I was ok with that since I figured it was YMMV at this point with all the posts I seen. He told me that I'd be better off selling the handheld game system to tv on craigslist since the power adapter was compatible with a NES and that they are harder to get, which I do remember using the power adapter in the past for a NES.

Got two more Radio Shacks to try to exchange so hopefully it won't be much of a problem, now that I seen some things that I could use in exchange.

bread's done
Back