Radioshack Trade 5 "electronic devices" get min 25$

stoned99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
I've been watching this promotion for a day or two waiting to see what items qualified for trade

http://www.radioshack.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=24767316&utm_campaign=Bigger_Better_Event&utm_medium=RSCOM&utm_source=HMPG&utm_content=HMPGA1

Trade in 1 qualifying item, get $5 gift card
Trade in 2 qualifying items, get $10 gift card
Trade in 3 qualifying items, get a $15 gift card
Trade in 4 qualifying items, get a $20 gift card
Trade in 5 qualifying items, get a $25 gift card

RULES:
1) Item must be in working condition
2) Customer must present drivers license and store must participate in RadioShack trade and save program
3) Customer must process all applicable trades at one time. Customers cannot trade in one device at store A and then trade in three additional devices at store B.
4) Customers will receive credit off their purchase or a RadioShack gift card, whichever they device.
5) Customers cannot process over five items per drivers license(Not sure how we are tracking that?)

Folks on Fatwallet have been reporting trading all sorts of junk, the easiest being random old headsets. What just caught my eye is the fact it includes video games, so let the games begin.

Apparently not all RadioShacks are participating so make sure to use the store finder on this page

http://www.radioshacktradeandsave.com/online/home/index.rails?enc=MEQZVP0ui+5eEOTewsoVjAEajFfsb5NjSFklWIryrbEvHjnaPiuIIEFkh2t5fcFoGYvsiNNfovyUhX6I/DbcD2UKX1TN40wI1Cc5SErlro6rqVCOwaQ1fnz6JvvQxI3hecVZOQeuUtlziJrZgtL29gtrYkCv4Q2f7xCM6yK1g4Q=

pdf link of the promotion taken from what looks like screen shots of IE

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-rGI2xT8n_MVlERVBoS19yam8/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
Took in 6 old games thst were worthless basically, in beat up cases mostly, and had no problems. Funny thing was the one they gave me back was Americas Test Kitchen since they only took 5. Going to have my wife try when I go back to get my kindle card with the GC. I wonder if a state issued Conceal Carry Permit would be accepted in place of a license?

Admittedly salty that this promotion is the true definition of YMMV. For this to work smoothly you need:

1.) Someone who is aware of the promotion

2.) Someone who knows how to do it

3.) Someone who is lenient or oblivious

4.) Someone who won't fuck it up

I'm trying to get my co-worker the remaining 4 trades left for his ID but I'm pretty sure that the rep there burned him somehow because he was only able to walk away with $5. I'm not about to scour the earth for things I think will be eligible because who knows if it will or won't be depending on who does it. It seems like with some employees you could trade in a broken toaster and with others you could only do it with an iPad. It's like a shitty side mission from the first Borderlands.

Took in 4 ATK and 1 Links crossbow training. They said I was the first to trade anything g but they were cool about everything. Took maybe 10-15 minutes. They let me use the $25 on a amazon card.

What is ATK? I keep seeing it in this thread.
America's Test Kitchen

And I took one more friend in today to trade in more maddens and I think the guy pretty much knows me now lol. He just mentioned how we were buying .99 games and getting $25. Didn't seem to mind though, but I guess next time I'll bring less games and more headphones.

America's Test Kitchen

And I took one more friend in today to trade in more maddens and I think the guy pretty much knows me now lol. He just mentioned how we were buying .99 games and getting $25. Didn't seem to mind though, but I guess next time I'll bring less games and more headphones.
Yup. Less 99 cent games and more 99 cent earbuds-that'll throw him off. lol. My set of 4 earbuds and 1 old blu tooth yesterday went through with no prob at all. Sent my wife in today with 5 earbuds and not so smooth. Employee messed up and totalled the trade after 3 peices :( She then apologizes and asks for my drivers licence so she can do the other 2 peices. Ummm, that's not gonna fly I told her since I did 5 trades yesterday at a different location. Manager gave her his own license to scan and finish off the trades lol

America's Test Kitchen

They have everything sold to a third party according to the worker I spoke with. Wonder if that third party will sign another contract like this :)

So I attempted my trade the other day and the guy had no idea what he was doing. Said that my games were too old and they couldn't be doubles etc etc. After after 20 minutes he said I can only get $5 after I specifically told him not to enter it if he could not do all 5 items. Walked out with all my stuff and what I was told a cancelled transaction.

Went to a different radioshack I called ahead to and transaction went smooth until it was time to hand over my ID. Low and behold my name was already in the system. I was pissed because I not only "cancelled" that transaction and left with my stuff but I didn't even get my $5. Luckily I had my wife with me so she was able to complete the trade at the second store.

Decided to buy a Galaxy Tab 3 7" for $140 at Radioshack. I still have $100 left in credit to use, which will most likely be towards Amazon credit. I think I should be able to do one more trade in. Just got to find one more friend, I've 5 help me so far lol.

this deal do still work with game i traded in 5 crap 360/ps3/ps2 game and got $25 gift card but however 2 al u fraudster guess wat fake id can be subject 2 legal action so stop ur bulls*** before ur a** is in jail with the "big boy"
1. English please

2. Why the hell do you have a phone number as your name?

Games still work but its up to the knowledge of your employee

Corporate sent out an email telling them no more games .

The guy processed mine, then after finishing, realized his goof

finally had success with this today!  Traded in 5 old sports PS2 games, assistant manager was great about it.  No $25 Kindle cards at my store so I just had it put on a giftcard.  Going to have my girlfriend trade in some ear buds later this week and then get a $50 kindle card with both of ours.

Has anyone else had luck with Amazon cards? I'm gonna call one of my local stores tomorrow and give them my gift card number to see if it will go through.

I am currently at $275 in gift cards now :D (minus the $35 total I have been giving to my friends helping me out ).

Has anyone else had luck with Amazon cards? I'm gonna call one of my local stores tomorrow and give them my gift card number to see if it will go through.

I am currently at $275 in gift cards now :D (minus the $35 total I have been giving to my friends helping me out ).
Just go in and bring the cards to the register and pay in GCs.

Hey all, I was reading through the thread and didn't see a clear answer on this. Will I need a case for the games that I trade in or is a sleeve going to be enough?

Hey all, I was reading through the thread and didn't see a clear answer on this. Will I need a case for the games that I trade in or is a sleeve going to be enough?
It's all ymmv. You could always call and ask.

And damn at these people getting over $200. Wish I knew that many people that would do this for me without wanting to keep the cards for themselves. My dad will make transaction number 4 for me tomorrow.

Alright, I'm going to bring a few games in tomorrow between classes and see what happens. Nice that my GS, Dollar Store, and RadioShack are all in the same complex. Not that much leg work to be done. lol

It's all ymmv. You could always call and ask.

And damn at these people getting over $200. Wish I knew that many people that would do this for me without wanting to keep the cards for themselves. My dad will make transaction number 4 for me tomorrow.
I could bring more but I'm out of stuff for now. I am lucky enough to live in a college dorm that is minutes away from Radio Shack. Advertising that I will pay $5 for each person that comes with me on Facebook also helps XD

Did this twice, once yesterday and once today with my wife. Traded in games no problem, got an amazon gift card both times with no problem.

traded in 5 ps2 games three copies of socom and two copies of medal of honor and had someone else do 2nd transaction for me of same games and they were all disc only in those yellow paper sleeves and it all went through perfect in and out in less then 10 minutes time for both orders. costed me .50 cents total for all 10 games and flipped it into a $50 kindle card after I used both $25 gift cards

Reading through this thread, it's worth keeping an eye out for the people in this thread abusing the heck out of this promotion and checking to see if that's what they do for any promotion or this is just a "special case".

My store just used a generic "video game" sku. Not sure if it's worth arguing to do or if you can just go to another RS.
This worked for me last night. My sister and I brought in a bunch of old games and they just chose random games from the list. lol Going in again today at a different RS since they said that we can only do it once.

This worked for me last night. My sister and I brought in a bunch of old games and they just chose random games from the list. lol Going in again today at a different RS since they said that we can only do it once.
I might be wrong but I think it was mentioned a few times in the thread that it blocks the trade from kicking in for the promo special more then once per driver license it goes off your driver license number so if you already used your id once as part the promo you will need to find someone else to use theirs and complete the trade for you but I could be wrong

I might be wrong but I think it was mentioned a few times in the thread that it blocks the trade from kicking in for the promo special more then once per driver license it goes off your driver license number so if you already used your id once as part the promo you will need to find someone else to use theirs and complete the trade for you but I could be wrong
Yeah, I know. But for whatever reason the person behind the counter didn't take our Drivers Licenses. I assumed that after reading through the thread that you have your number plugged into their system. However, the guy just took ours and gave us our gift cards. Half way after doing my sister's list he remembered that he wasn't supposed to take games in anymore but just did it anyway. It may also be because he was tired and we went in half an hour before closing time. I think we kind of just lucked out on this one. lol

So, you can use the store credit at different stores, yeah? The girl at my radioshack wouldn't let me use my credit toward a giftcard (even a RS gift card). Hoping I can try a different store and they'll let me. Alternatively, can I buy something with the credit and return it to a different store for cash or would they just give me credit back?

PS: They accepted my PS2 sports games and PS1 copy of Die Hard.

So, you can use the store credit at different stores, yeah? The girl at my radioshack wouldn't let me use my credit toward a giftcard (even a RS gift card). Hoping I can try a different store and they'll let me. Alternatively, can I buy something with the credit and return it to a different store for cash or would they just give me credit back?

PS: They accepted my PS2 sports games and PS1 copy of Die Hard.
They wouldn't let me use it towards any sort of gift card (radio shack, kindle, xbl, pan, etc.), and they made me spend it on the spot. Worst part was, I had said at the beginning that I wanted the kindle card, and he didn't tell me I couldn't until after he processed it. I haven't tried returning what I bought yet, but I am slightly doubtful I'll be able to because the receipt shows the promo (both my wife and I traded, we pooled the credit to buy a single $49.99 item, and the receipt shows we paid -1 cent, plus we had to pay full tax on the $49.99 with real money).

Going in this Friday to have a few friends trade in some games and ear-buds. I haven't tried trading in ear buds yet since they're not technically headphones? Hopefully they'll take them.

I feel kinda bad but they accepted a PC game with a code that had already been used lol, and my shitty ps2 games (That i seriously was gonna throw in the trash because they were so scratched), and a couple other things I got free after rebate on Newegg.

All in all made $50. Might try to do one more trade in.

actually forgot that this was happening for a awhile, luckily it gets bump every so often.

anyone in NYC had experience with any of the stores?  more geared towards whether they are taking old headphones/old games (ps2) or disc only games.

sorry, but i went through a few pages and didn't see any mention so just trying my luck.  won't have time to trade in until friday so i'll probably call a store if no one can answer me about it.

I feel kinda bad but they accepted a PC game with a code that had already been used lol, and my shitty ps2 games (That i seriously was gonna throw in the trash because they were so scratched), and a couple other things I got free after rebate on Newegg.

All in all made $50. Might try to do one more trade in.
Whoa, they accept PC games too? I got some old no-DRM games that I've been too lazy to trash. Laziness pays off sometimes!

So I've gotten $125 so far in amazon credit. Hoping my sister can do some trades for me but she lives like 2 hours from me and not sure if she will go on her own. Had to give my cousin $10 for one of my 5 trades but it was worth it in the long run so I could get Dragons Crown off Amazon. I have 3 games and a couple cords dying to be traded in but need to find another person to trade them in. :/

Haven't found a radio shack yet that will take games, but will try other electronics soon. One radio shack, they tried selling me cell phones on the side, thought it was a little fishy when they talked about they weren't sure if they could sell the phone if the account was delinquent.

bread's done
Back