Ratchet & Clank Future: ACiT - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Not really. The originator of the false rumor > Anybody that reports on that rumor.[/QUOTE]

1Up news editors should be confirming with SCEA and Insomniac before they report anything. It's sloppy news reporting and messy copy editing.

[quote name='Maxim']I get the impression that Smiggity is talking about Talwyn following you in a few sections from Quest For Booty. (Either that or he really would like to play as a glorified backpack)

Ratchet and Clank is not a game built for Co-Op and I'd prefer that they kept it that way.

I have nothing against Co-Op in games, in fact, I love it. Local co-op is the greatest gaming experience one can get in many cases. But you shouldn't force it on a game that isn't built for it.

More on the subject of the game in general. I am really looking forward to this, I love the Ratchet and Clank series. However, I don't know how keen I am on it becoming an episodic series. I feel that will take away from the adventure of the game. As well as the gameplay element of obtaining new gadgets later on in the game that allow you to further explore previous areas.

My hope is that, if they do choose to be an episodic series, the game plays off of your saves in the previous episodes, such as being able to take your weapons and gadgets from one episode into the next, and then taking the new gadgets and stuff you get from the next episodes back into the previous ones, so it plays just like a true Ratchet game while actually being multiple games.

The episodic format just doesn't fit Ratchet and clank in my opinion.[/quote]

Yu. I was referring to the purple girl or whatever. I distinctly remember R&C on PS2 being co-op but I guess Im mistaken.

[quote name='smiggity']Yu. I was referring to the purple girl or whatever. I distinctly remember R&C on PS2 being co-op but I guess Im mistaken.[/quote]

You must be thinking of a different series...now I am really determined to find out what series you WERE thinking of.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Jake and Daxter? :lol: I have no idea what you're thinking of. I can't recall any of the big platformers on PS2 having co-op.[/quote]

It wasn't necessarily a platformer.

They need to leave Ratchet as a single player experience. Not every single game needs co-op or multiplayer.

I think Joystiq may have jumped to that conclusion based on some comments previously that they planned on releasing episodic filler between the full retail releases.

The impression i got at that time was that there was another episode coming before another real release.

Oh it was a platformer for sure. And I swear it was a little fuzzy yellow guy. But hey ill ask my roommate tomorrow when he gets off work and report back with some resemblance of confirmation.

My PS2 gaming consisted of Madden, NBA 2k, Socom and any coop games that were for rent at Family Video, so it had to be a "mainstream" game

[quote name='smiggity']Oh it was a platformer for sure. And I swear it was a little fuzzy yellow guy. But hey ill ask my roommate tomorrow when he gets off work and report back with some resemblance of confirmation.

My PS2 gaming consisted of Madden, NBA 2k, Socom and any coop games that were for rent at Family Video, so it had to be a "mainstream" game[/quote]

hmm, Co-Op, Little Yellow Guy+Purple Girl.
I used my elite detective skills and my ability to remember random information that I swore would never come to good use at times of great needs to come up with this.

450719front.jpg

I am fairly certain this has to be what you're thinking of.

Haha thats crazy. Definetely not. The little purple girl I was referring to was the one in Q4B, not the PS2 game in question.

[quote name='smiggity']Haha thats crazy. Definetely not. The little purple girl I was referring to was the one in Q4B, not the PS2 game in question.[/quote]

Yeah, if you mean Talwyn... I had the same thought. I wanted to fly around shoot stuff with her and command her bots. Maybe in a PSP release... with Cap'n Q playable again too. :)

Links to pics below, couldn't figure out how to make thumbnails smaller.

yeah i can't wait for this. i don't know what everyone's talking about these games are incredible. add this game along with others to my 09 want list.

Perhaps they themselves aren't the ones trying to block the coc---clock. Perhaps Clock Blocker would refer to the antagonist!

So they opened the fan gun idea contest today. I couldn't think of a great idea, but I came up with this little thing. It's a storyboard of how I think the gun would unfold. Also sorry for the watermark but I spent a shit load of time working on each little scene and would hate to have someone steal it incase my submission didn't go through(they're all individually edited by me, of different scenes from the games). I think they were looking for something that you could use as like a legit gun in the game, but I liked my idea :D "Synergy"

282kgmo.jpg

They showed off a little bit of the game and revealed a few new things. The other Lombax in the original trailer was an older Lombax that Ratchet finds to help him out during the game. They also revealed one new weapon, which were hover boots that let you zip around levels quickly. There is also some time travel in the gameplay, but nothing more specific about that.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They showed off a little bit of the game and revealed a few new things. The other Lombax in the original trailer was an older Lombax that Ratchet finds to help him out during the game. They also revealed one new weapon, which were hover boots that let you zip around levels quickly. There is also some time travel in the gameplay, but nothing more specific about that.[/QUOTE]
I missed this, so I'll probably catch it later. But the boots were a weapon? R&C had boost boots before to get around quickly (double tap R2 I think). Hover as in vertical takeoff or as in just jetting forward?

Darn. I'm guessing he's fairly close to the ground when's doing this? If so, it's been done before (which makes me even more anxious to see the new stuff they thought of).

Huh, got no clue on that one. Only thing I can think of is a gun that shot Slime monsters that occasionally shot stuff out of their mouth (I think).

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Darn. I'm guessing he's fairly close to the ground when's doing this? If so, it's been done before (which makes me even more anxious to see the new stuff they thought of).[/QUOTE]

I thought the jetboots where just for a quick burst, was there ever a constant mode to let you zip around before?

Hover boots make up for the lack of Clank on his back. Graphics looked amazing and they are a HUGE step up from Tools. Cannot wait for this game and I might have a tough choice on Uncharted or this.

bread's done
Back