RE4 thread for *spoiler* discussion

[quote name='Scorch']Oh my GOD! I'm on like 2-2 or 2-3 in that house with Ashley and whatshisface and all the zombies are pouring in.. you've gotta be shaq-fuing kidding me.. can I just run upstairs like a puss and hide or something or do I have to stay down and fight? I got through about 20 zombies, but they literally pour in ten at a time through three or four windows, and the spinny things that come out of their head.. I can't survive. There's no way that i'm expected to kill them all. There's no way.[/quote]

I just pushed all the furniture in front of the windows to start off and ran upstairs. They'll try to come through the windows but it's easy enough to knock over the ladders. The stairway serves as a sort of a choke point so it's not too hard.

Personally I've just gotten past the guy in the castle prison with the blades ... what can I expect difficulty wise from here on out? It doesn't seem very hard to me but then again I have died 16 times total. So far the castle has been much easier than what came before, though that may be due to my shiny new black tail and semi auto rifle.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Scorch']Oh my GOD! I'm on like 2-2 or 2-3 in that house with Ashley and whatshisface and all the zombies are pouring in.. you've gotta be shaq-fuing kidding me.. can I just run upstairs like a puss and hide or something or do I have to stay down and fight? I got through about 20 zombies, but they literally pour in ten at a time through three or four windows, and the spinny things that come out of their head.. I can't survive. There's no way that i'm expected to kill them all. There's no way.[/quote]

I just pushed all the furniture in front of the windows to start off and ran upstairs. They'll try to come through the windows but it's easy enough to knock over the ladders. The stairway serves as a sort of a choke point so it's not too hard.

Personally I've just gotten past the guy in the castle prison with the blades ... what can I expect difficulty wise from here on out? It doesn't seem very hard to me but then again I have died 16 times total. So far the castle has been much easier than what came before, though that may be due to my shiny new black tail and semi auto rifle.[/quote]

thats what the game wants you to think :wink:

chapter 3 is a complete bitch, as is chapter 4. Expect to double if not triple that death count. You start seeing double a lot in chapter 4

Though I will say the game does not feel like it is incredibly difficult because there is not a high fustration level with it. Some of the bosses start to get really hard though and took me much more than 1 time to put down in chapters 3 and 4

FYI, the flash grenades make the spiney/slicey headed guys heads blow up, as well as stun the other villagers.

[quote name='Wshakspear']FYI, the flash grenades make the spiney/slicey headed guys heads blow up, as well as stun the other villagers.[/quote]

Really? I knew it stunned the villagers, but didn't realize it killed the others. I'll have to try that out.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Scorch']Oh my GOD! I'm on like 2-2 or 2-3 in that house with Ashley and whatshisface and all the zombies are pouring in.. you've gotta be shaq-fuing kidding me.. can I just run upstairs like a puss and hide or something or do I have to stay down and fight? I got through about 20 zombies, but they literally pour in ten at a time through three or four windows, and the spinny things that come out of their head.. I can't survive. There's no way that i'm expected to kill them all. There's no way.[/quote]

Personally I've just gotten past the guy in the castle prison with the blades ... what can I expect difficulty wise from here on out? It doesn't seem very hard to me but then again I have died 16 times total. So far the castle has been much easier than what came before, though that may be due to my shiny new black tail and semi auto rifle.[/quote]

thats what the game wants you to think :wink:

chapter 3 is a complete bitch, as is chapter 4. Expect to double if not triple that death count. You start seeing double a lot in chapter 4

Though I will say the game does not feel like it is incredibly difficult because there is not a high fustration level with it. Some of the bosses start to get really hard though and took me much more than 1 time to put down in chapters 3 and 4[/quote]

I just finished 3-2, added one death to my total. It is getting a bit harder now but it's just so perfectly balanced. Such a great game.

EDIT: Finished 3-3. Added one more death and I'm up to 9:38:04 playtime now.

EDIT²: Wow 3-4 was easy. Short too (14 minutes).

Just curious, what is everyone's hit ratio at? I've been at 70% just about the whole time.

I finished with 73 percent.

I had 908 kills and 103 deaths. a lot of those deaths were from the QTE's and thinking the First Aid Sprays were rarer than they are.

I think I had like 8 sprays for the last battle

anyone got a tip on how to stop that truck coming from the front in the bulldozer part? done it about 7 times, shoot mines at it, tried everything but the launcher, havent however tried to scope it to see if there is a winshield or if its covered in metal like the one that comes from behind. havent tried grenading it. i will, while i hope that someone responds.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']anyone got a tip on how to stop that truck coming from the front in the bulldozer part? done it about 7 times, shoot mines at it, tried everything but the launcher, havent however tried to scope it to see if there is a winshield or if its covered in metal like the one that comes from behind. havent tried grenading it. i will, while i hope that someone responds.[/quote]

Shoot the motor with the shotgun

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='EddieBelfour']anyone got a tip on how to stop that truck coming from the front in the bulldozer part? done it about 7 times, shoot mines at it, tried everything but the launcher, havent however tried to scope it to see if there is a winshield or if its covered in metal like the one that comes from behind. havent tried grenading it. i will, while i hope that someone responds.[/quote]

Shoot the motor with the shotgun[/quote]

thanks dude, you just saved poor ashleys life. we should both be proud of ourselves. congratulations.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Soo very close. I've had a blast playing so far, I'm on chap 5-3, I've been playing as much as I possibly could and if in wasn't for work I would've finished it.

BTW I too have the Guide, glad the poster's double sided, otherwise my dad would have a stroke :lol:[/quote]

what's on the two sides of the poster?
i finished the game today, around 18 hours w/ 42 deaths. Many of them from the button press situation. Lot of action in this game.

Oh yeah, if you throw a grenade at the pack of crows, you get like 15,000 whatever currency. In the castle, if you throw a grenade down and kill the guy in red, you get a Los Illuminados Pendant that's worth like 12,000.

[quote name='tmei03'][quote name='-Never4ever-']Soo very close. I've had a blast playing so far, I'm on chap 5-3, I've been playing as much as I possibly could and if in wasn't for work I would've finished it.

BTW I too have the Guide, glad the poster's double sided, otherwise my dad would have a stroke :lol:[/quote]

what's on the two sides of the poster?
i finished the game today, around 18 hours w/ 42 deaths. Many of them from the button press situation. Lot of action in this game.[/quote]

the one side is leon actually with his head getting severed, the other is he is getting ready to have his head severed from behind (like the cell with the smaller print run)

I loved the part where Leon sees Krauser for the first time and they are knife fighting and the push L/R or A/B things come up, that was probably my favorite part of the game....it was like a cutscene that you control in a way.

[quote name='whoknows']I loved the part where Leon sees Krauser for the first time and they are knife fighting and the push L/R or A/B things come up, that was probably my favorite part of the game....it was like a cutscene that you control in a way.[/quote]

speaking of leon, he makes a lot of funny comments. Especially the one about Ashley's butt :D

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I finished with 73 percent.

I had 908 kills and 103 deaths. a lot of those deaths were from the QTE's and thinking the First Aid Sprays were rarer than they are.

I think I had like 8 sprays for the last battle[/quote]

I just finished 4-1.

I'm up to 71% hit ratio now with 484 kills and 24 deaths total. Time so far is 11:32:18

Man I just finished this game a couple of days ago and it was awesome. Awesome bosses, and a good variety of enemies and mini bosses. I finished just a couple hours over 20, but I paused the game and would go do something else alot, and got 980 kills. I was hoping to reach 1000.

For those asking for some spoilers.

Wesker plays a role where he does send Ada to collect plaga samples (basically a parasite which is causing all the villagers and such to be ganados and all of the other type of enemies.) I was kind of disappointed that I never found any memos or notes detailing more about these many types of enemies like they did in previous REs. Also the reason Wesker is collecting the samples is to revive Umbrella. All the new characters that are introduced except Ashley (and Hannigan if you want to count her) die, but with RE you never know for sure if they are really dead. (Wesker)
Also Ada Wong and Leon still seem to have some chemistry going on between them. I hope somehow Krauser did survive, because he was awesome but I doubt it. Also the game follows typical RE tradition where the base blows up.

On a side note, Mercenaries Mode is freakin sweet too and I just got all 5 stars on all stages. This mode seemed alot tougher than the actual game, and there is even a new type of enemy on the last stage.

I also thought that Resident Evil movie laser sscene rip-off was very awesome as well.

Curious...

I finished 4 this weekend....

But finished RE 1 and 2 many years ago...

I remember nothing.

So my question is...

What is Krouser's backstory?

Which game was he in?

If he and Leon go way back... than he mustve been a part or RE2 right?

But I cant remember....

someone...
refresh me on who he was.
please?

[quote name='joystickz']Curious...

I finished 4 this weekend....

But finished RE 1 and 2 many years ago...

I remember nothing.

So my question is...

What is Krouser's backstory?

Which game was he in?

If he and Leon go way back... than he mustve been a part or RE2 right?

But I cant remember....

someone...
refresh me on who he was.
please?[/quote]

I think Krouser use to work with Leon and the president. In the game it showed Leon thought Krouser had die in a plane crash 2 months before the events of RE 4. Then from there we learn Saddler used Krouser to get the presidents daughter. However Saddler soon realized Krouser was only helping him so he could have a chance to steal the sample from him. That is why Saddler wanted to kill Krouser but Leon did it before he could. It also looks like Krouser and Ada were both working for Wesker to retrive the sample. Wesker had already obtained the G-virus, and prob used it on Krouser thus explaining his arm. I don't think Krouser was in any of the other games, so I think he just came along during Leon's time of finding a new job (after the events of RE 2/3) such as working with the president. So before getting a job with the president Leon prob worked with a special ops group or something involving Krouser. That is probably how they know each other. All I know is I can't wait for a RE 5, I really want to know the rest of the story.

[quote name='Mouse'][quote name='Snake2715']When you first get to the lake. I will stress first..

Head to the end of the dock and you will see the black bass swiming around. Well once you have killed about 3-4 of them that last one is a "Gold Black Bass" and its worth about $12500.

Let me know if anyone gets it..[/quote]
You're an evil evil person. And since this is the spoiler thread I've got no qualms about ranting at you.

Anyways, I was doing as you said and taking potshots at the fish, and I see what I thought was an eel. Turned out to be a tentacle... BOOM! El Lago comes and gulps me down. Being the trusting guy I am, I figure it was my fault, and do it again, ignoring the tentacles. I get eaten again... 3rd time's the charm. I lob a grenade into that little circle of fisshies and watch them go byebye in an explosion of water and sushi. Ultimately, I came to the discovery that there was no mythical "Gold Black Bass", and I just pointlessly added 2 more deaths to my record, already jacked up by leatherface lobbing off my head numerous times in the intro.[/quote]

FINALLY someone listened!

So I had been to the lake and I had actually killed fish in the sewer before the lake. My cousins over and I am showing him the game and I loaded up an older save point near the lake. I let him know that You can kill fish and begin to show him....

Next thing I know that damn monster comes out fast as hell and gulps me right off the dock. I throw the controller and totally jump. I was not expecting this to happen. I had no idea it would even happen. So YEs I amde the story up to get someone else to experience the quick fright.

For those who have beaten the game...

In chapter 4-2, is there any surefire way to get the 2 El Gigantes to stand over the lava pit in the mine at the same time? I have tried several times and can catch one of the them, but then am forced to shoot out the other - basically depleting my ammo. Any suggestions? Am I missing something obvious?

ksuwild25, did you get 5 star rankings with every character? What score is required for that ranking. The game states that you get something special if you complete Mercenaries with a 5 star ranking with every character on every stage. That could be tricky with Krauser.

[quote name='coolz481']For those who have beaten the game...

In chapter 4-2, is there any surefire way to get the 2 El Gigantes to stand over the lava pit in the mine at the same time? I have tried several times and can catch one of the them, but then am forced to shoot out the other - basically depleting my ammo. Any suggestions? Am I missing something obvious?[/quote]

I coulod only get one, and then I just killed him like the trolls you encounter in the first game.

and I hope RE5 comes out before the next generation of systems. Would be a shame to not use that engine in more than 1 game

[quote name='coolz481']For those who have beaten the game...

In chapter 4-2, is there any surefire way to get the 2 El Gigantes to stand over the lava pit in the mine at the same time? I have tried several times and can catch one of the them, but then am forced to shoot out the other - basically depleting my ammo. Any suggestions? Am I missing something obvious?[/quote]

You can only knock one into the lava. The other you're going to have to take down like the first one. I got up on the platform to lure him over and used the zip line to get some distance from him and then blasted him with my shotgun. When he got close, back to the platform, etc.

Flash Grenades are also pretty effective. They'll distract him long enough to get a couple good shots in on him.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='coolz481']For those who have beaten the game...

I coulod only get one, and then I just killed him like the trolls you encounter in the first game.

and I hope RE5 comes out before the next generation of systems. Would be a shame to not use that engine in more than 1 game[/quote]

I think that Capcom should create a game based on MacGyver using the RE4 engine.

[quote name='ananag112'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='coolz481']For those who have beaten the game...

and I hope RE5 comes out before the next generation of systems. Would be a shame to not use that engine in more than 1 game[/quote]

I think that Capcom should create a game based on MacGyver using the RE4 engine.[/quote]

MacGyver doesn't use guns though!

Yup just finished the game too, 68% hit ratio, 23 hours (i paused a lot), 987 kills, and 63 deaths. Half of those deaths were from fighting Krauser back to back. I barely finished that one timed fight against him at 0'00"28 (0.28 seconds) left on the timer as I put those 3 pieces on the wall.

Ok, so I am at the garden and opened some door to a dining room. There is a bell that you ring and a picture of a table with food rotates. Im stuck here. What do I do or where do I go? How do I get that gate that is in that dining room open?

[quote name='y2jrevolution']Ok, so I am at the garden and opened some door to a dining room. There is a bell that you ring and a picture of a table with food rotates. Im stuck here. What do I do or where do I go? How do I get that gate that is in that dining room open?[/quote]

shoot the wine bottle on the painting

BTW Ada appears in the game for the first time in Chapter 1-3. Right after you got the Insignia key, you encounter the village chief "Big Cheese" for the 2nd time, and he grabs you by the neck but sees your red eyes and slams you on the floor instead of killing you. If you go back into the same door you came from, he is there again and grabs your neck. But this time, Ada was there to save you. I guess a lot of ppl would miss this extra cut scene first time thru.

I think I missed the cutscene where the villagers throw that cop guys body into the lake....Was I supposed to do something special?

You just have to go to the highest point on the end of the path that looks over the lake and you will see the cutscene.

I'm stuck in Operation Ada, I was just wondering if anyone could post the locations of all 5 Viles. I can't find anything on Gamefaqs. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='SenorWooSuavA']I'm stuck in Operation Ada, I was just wondering if anyone could post the locations of all 5 Viles. I can't find anything on Gamefaqs. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

There are no viles until you enter the main laboratory, and all 5 will be indicated by stars. If there are some enemies you can avoid, avoid them (such as those in the outside of the island), because later on you'll find yourself starving for ammo.

[quote name='SOSTrooper'][quote name='SenorWooSuavA']I'm stuck in Operation Ada, I was just wondering if anyone could post the locations of all 5 Viles. I can't find anything on Gamefaqs. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

There are no viles until you enter the main laboratory, and all 5 will be indicated by stars. If there are some enemies you can avoid, avoid them (such as those in the outside of the island), because later on you'll find yourself starving for ammo.[/quote]

Thanks alot buddy, now onto that mercenaries game...

[quote name='SenorWooSuavA'][quote name='SOSTrooper'][quote name='SenorWooSuavA']I'm stuck in Operation Ada, I was just wondering if anyone could post the locations of all 5 Viles. I can't find anything on Gamefaqs. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

There are no viles until you enter the main laboratory, and all 5 will be indicated by stars. If there are some enemies you can avoid, avoid them (such as those in the outside of the island), because later on you'll find yourself starving for ammo.[/quote]

Thanks alot buddy, now onto that mercenaries game...[/quote]
Exactly, thats what I have moved on to

[quote name='cicada17']ksuwild25, did you get 5 star rankings with every character? What score is required for that ranking. The game states that you get something special if you complete Mercenaries with a 5 star ranking with every character on every stage. That could be tricky with Krauser.[/quote]

Yep. You need at least 60,000 on each stage. The two important scores are 40,000=4 star rating which leads to bonus character depending on the stage you get it on, and then the 60,000 on all the stages with each character and you get a "handcannon." Supposedly it's Barry's gun from the 1st RE game. It's a magnum that uses .50 magnum bullets instead of the .45 bullets that the two previous magnum guns used in this game. It can also be upgraded, but I haven't had the chance yet. I did find some .50 bullets shortly after I restarted a new game in one of those breakable boxes. You also get it from the merchant for free, unlike the chicago typewriter and the infinite rocket launcher.

Also Krauser was the 2nd easiest character for me to beat the mercenary mode with. His bow can take alot of enemies out quickly, and if you stun them in the head and kick them it has always made their head burst for me. Plus, I love his arm transformation that can take out multiple enemies in a second, including the mini-bosses.

I had the most trouble with Hunk, since I hardly ever used the tmp in the main game. I loved his neck breaking manuever though, especially using it on those annoying chainsaw women. It seemed like I could get good long streaks going with Hunk, but he seemed to die the easiest. I guess that's due to the fact that I mainly was trying to break just about everyone's necks and I would get surrounded fairly quickly.

The difficulty I had with the characters getting the 5 stars is probably

1. Wesker being the easiest
2. Krauser
3. Ada
4. Leon
5. Hunk

The cutscenes are probably the best I've seen.

- The shadow of the lake monster as he swims under the boat (very creepy the first time)

- The hooded chainsaw guy viciously sawing you head off (who didn't say oh sh%t! the first time that happened.

- The sudden close-up of the prisoner with his eyes sewn shut

The list goes on...........

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='ananag112']Yeah, in the beginning I thought there were too man health items and ammo, but now all I have is handgun ammo and 1 gold egg, and 1 first aid spray.[/quote]

yep, I am pretty much out of all shotgun ammo, have very little rifle ammo, and only one clip of TMP ammo

I do have a lot of handgun ammo though and my weapons are fairly upgraded.

Right now I am close to the end of chapter 2 (or it seems that way). Put a solid 2 hours in and did not even know it[/quote]

I was basically unable to kill the prison boss because of lack of ammo. I ended up going back to the merchant, selling some stuff, and picking up the mine gun.

Yay, I beat the game.

There's an easy way to kill the prison guard, as there is with most bosses. I noticed there were bells in there for no good reason. When he's coming at you, shoot a bell. He'll get distracted and walk/run to the noise. Then just shoot the thing on his back. Took me like three shotgun blasts and he was dead, didn't even get hit once.

[quote name='Scorch']Yay, I beat the game.

There's an easy way to kill the prison guard, as there is with most bosses. I noticed there were bells in there for no good reason. When he's coming at you, shoot a bell. He'll get distracted and walk/run to the noise. Then just shoot the thing on his back. Took me like three shotgun blasts and he was dead, didn't even get hit once.[/quote]

Stupid me. I also didn't realize at first that you were supposed to jump on the cave troll looking boss's back.........

You can jump on his back?? :shock:

I'm close to the end of chapter 4 right now. Just passed the cutscene where Leon throws the knife at Salzar. I like how the game will tone itself down if you get really stuck. At the spot where the cage drops and they throw one of the blind guys in with you, I continued 6 or 7 times and they finally just dropped regular guys in the cage instead of the blind guy. :p

[quote name='Scorch']Yay, I beat the game.

There's an easy way to kill the prison guard, as there is with most bosses. I noticed there were bells in there for no good reason. When he's coming at you, shoot a bell. He'll get distracted and walk/run to the noise. Then just shoot the thing on his back. Took me like three shotgun blasts and he was dead, didn't even get hit once.[/quote]

they will also get stuck in the wall if you get them to run after you and are near a wall

[quote name='argyle']You can jump on his back?? :shock:

I'm close to the end of chapter 4 right now. Just passed the cutscene where Leon throws the knife at Salzar. I like how the game will tone itself down if you get really stuck. At the spot where the cage drops and they throw one of the blind guys in with you, I continued 6 or 7 times and they finally just dropped regular guys in the cage instead of the blind guy. :p[/quote]

I keep hearing about so many problems with the cage.. I don't understand. I threw one frag grenade and took out wolverine guy, and got the rest of the guys with a shotgun. Didn't even take one hit.

they will also get stuck in the wall if you get them to run after you and are near a wall

Yeah, but they're hard to dodge. They have an insane reach.

If you think the claw guy is hard.. wait until you get in the castle foyer place with six zombies, two claw guys and two bells. Now THAT part sucked.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Snake2715']what about that old style gun? I keep thinking RE9 but thats not it.

Anyone buy that? is it semi auto? The clip is rather small for full auto.[/quote]

nope I have not bought it. I plan on getting a bigger case next and then the rocket launcher[/quote]

If u can wait u can get both the magnum and the rocket launcher for free, its a lil in the game though, so do as u wish

[quote name='Ikohn4ever'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Snake2715']what about that old style gun? I keep thinking RE9 but thats not it.

Anyone buy that? is it semi auto? The clip is rather small for full auto.[/quote]

nope I have not bought it. I plan on getting a bigger case next and then the rocket launcher[/quote]

If u can wait u can get both the magnum and the rocket launcher for free, its a lil in the game though, so do as u wish[/quote]

that is what I did. I only used the Rocket Launcher once, but man was that thing powerful

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='argyle']You can jump on his back?? :shock:

I'm close to the end of chapter 4 right now. Just passed the cutscene where Leon throws the knife at Salzar. I like how the game will tone itself down if you get really stuck. At the spot where the cage drops and they throw one of the blind guys in with you, I continued 6 or 7 times and they finally just dropped regular guys in the cage instead of the blind guy. :p[/quote]

I keep hearing about so many problems with the cage.. I don't understand. I threw one frag grenade and took out wolverine guy, and got the rest of the guys with a shotgun. Didn't even take one hit.

Yeah, but they're hard to dodge. They have an insane reach.

If you think the claw guy is hard.. wait until you get in the castle foyer place with six zombies, two claw guys and two bells. Now THAT part sucked.[/quote]

yea that is where I used the strategy to kill both of them. I got one of them to come down towards me while the other stood in between the pillars. I just made sure not to lure the other one out until I was about to finish off the first one.

took me two or three times to get past there, mainly because one of the zombies would grab me while I was luring the guys with the claws

I just finished 4-4. Overall I have a 71% hit ratio with 672 kills and 27 deaths. Playtime is 13:46:09.

I guess that means I'm only 2/3rds of the way done ...

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I just finished 4-4. Overall I have a 71% hit ratio with 672 kills and 27 deaths. Playtime is 13:46:09.

I guess that means I'm only 2/3rds of the way done ...[/quote]

you got like 2 to three hours left.

bread's done
Back