RE4 thread for *spoiler* discussion

[quote name='Scorch']10 damage? that's not much.. unless you mean 10x. Sounds like fun, I'm already at $600,000 again, with a ton of treasure to sell. It's funny, you guys should see my inventory (XL).. there's a pistol, a rocket launcher, a shotgun, some ammo, and sixteen first aid sprays.. lol[/quote]

I love the Chicago Typewritter (Tommy Gun). It stats are Fire Power: 10/Rate of Fire: .10 (very fast) which I don't think represents it's fire power because you can kill just about anything in 1 shot or a few rounds from the weapon. It's a fun weapon when you have tons of enemies coming at you. God like weapons in this game are only fun when you've got tons of enemies but when it's just a few enemies it's pretty boring.

I don't think I'll be buying the infinite rocket launcher. Rocket launcher ain't that fun to use. But what about the Mathilda, and Chicago Typewriter, I mean do they have infinite ammo? Handcannon I'll be getting for sure. :cool:

Gl trying to get a handcannon. Its f'in hard. But Chicago Typewriter owns, automatic magnum basically. Can't say the same for the matilda though, looks like garbage to me.

no way to continue a new game on professional w/ ur items if u played on normal huh?

I tried playing normal for a while, enemies seem to die pretty easily. Like I killed a buncha guys w/ one bullet to the face. It was weird, their heads didn't explode, and they didn't disappear, they just dropped to their knees and fell over.

[quote name='CrimsonGeist']I don't think I'll be buying the infinite rocket launcher. Rocket launcher ain't that fun to use. But what about the Mathilda, and Chicago Typewriter, I mean do they have infinite ammo? Handcannon I'll be getting for sure. :cool:[/quote]

Maltida no, it uses 9mm handgun ammo, the TypeWritter is infinite in ammo.

[quote name='smartasien']no way to continue a new game on professional w/ ur items if u played on normal huh?

I tried playing normal for a while, enemies seem to die pretty easily. Like I killed a buncha guys w/ one bullet to the face. It was weird, their heads didn't explode, and they didn't disappear, they just dropped to their knees and fell over.[/quote]

You have to play through professional once, to be able to go with the weapons you collected from your first run through professional. In other words, play through it once on pro and you'll be able to play it again with the weapons you collected. But I haven't beaten Pro yet (I'm on chapter 4 on Pro) so I'm not 100% sure.

[quote name='orangemage']IMO the Maltida sucks, don't waste your money on it[/quote]

It's an ok weapon to mess around with but only if you have the extra money and space.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='orangemage']IMO the Maltida sucks, don't waste your money on it[/quote]

It's an ok weapon to mess around with but only if you have the extra money and space.[/quote]

yeah but by the time you can get it you could spend your money on sometime good like the typewriter or rocket launcher.if you ask me the red9 or the blacktail make better handguns

Ok, so I finally buckled down and played Assignment Ada. I was all psyched and ready to mow down Ganados with the Chi-town Typewriter, only to find out that by selling all of my items, I only wind up with approximately 700k. Shaq-Fu it all!

So, Is there any way to make some quick cash, or should I just start through again with my fully upgraded Striker, and get the tommy-gun when I have the chance?

[quote name='Mouse']Ok, so I finally buckled down and played Assignment Ada. I was all psyched and ready to mow down Ganados with the Chi-town Typewriter, only to find out that by selling all of my items, I only wind up with approximately 700k. Shaq-Fu it all!

So, Is there any way to make some quick cash, or should I just start through again with my fully upgraded Striker, and get the tommy-gun when I have the chance?[/quote]
I was in the same situation as you. So I just started playing again, collecting the treasures and whatnot (good thing the treasure map carries over), and selling most of the ammo I collected. Before I knew it, I had more than enough to buy the Chicago Typewriter (after selling my Striker, Blacktail, and Killer7).

[quote name='Mouse']Ok, so I finally buckled down and played Assignment Ada. I was all psyched and ready to mow down Ganados with the Chi-town Typewriter, only to find out that by selling all of my items, I only wind up with approximately 700k. Shaq-Fu it all!

So, Is there any way to make some quick cash, or should I just start through again with my fully upgraded Striker, and get the tommy-gun when I have the chance?[/quote]

What I would do is play the game, with everything you got from the last play trough, collect all the treasures grab everything, and sell EVERYTHING off. By the time you get to the castle you should have more than enough money for it. For me after I beat the game (and adas mission) and when I got to the part where Luis got killed I had enough money to buy the Chicago Typewritter. It's a nice weapon but it's like the rocket launcher, it's way over powered, You can kill everyone in the village with one bullet from the tommy gun. I only wish you could use it in MERC mode.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I'm about 7 hours into RE, and I declare it the best Gamecube game ever.[/quote]

It took you 7 hours to figure that out? :wink:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']I'm about 7 hours into RE, and I declare it the best Gamecube game ever.[/quote]

It took you 7 hours to figure that out? :wink:[/quote]

Some folks are a little slower than others. :lol:

just got this game yesterday and it is the best game I have in my collection right now. Right now I'm on chapter 4-1 and so far I've haven't really had any real hard challenges yet. The boss battles haven't really been a pain either and their creative. Right now I have the blacktail, broken butterfly or whatever its called, rocket launcher, tmp, and rifle semi-auto. So far i've put in about 9 hours and died 16 times, damn boulders and their changing button sequences.

::EDIT:: Just beat the game and I have to say the last boss isn't as hard as I thought he would be. But the ending reminded me of the movie Deep Rising.

Ah, finally got a few minutes in with the game. On Disc 2 now. That new enemy w/ the chaingun in that area's giving some problems, though.

'Bout how many more hours have I got to go?

And on that first area where the two boxes are up on the ledge, I see a treasure already on the ground on the other side. How do I get that? I didn't see a way to get there.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Ah, finally got a few minutes in with the game. On Disc 2 now. That new enemy w/ the chaingun in that area's giving some problems, though.

'Bout how many more hours have I got to go?

And on that first area where the two boxes are up on the ledge, I see a treasure already on the ground on the other side. How do I get that? I didn't see a way to get there.[/quote]

I'd say a good 3-5 hours left.

I've beat the game three times.. got the inf. launcher.. got the chicago typewriter.. I want to trade it back in for store credit (I'd get $30), but I know the second I do, i'll want it again.. same way I did with RE2.. Baaah.

I just finished the game today and I have to say it is one of my top 5 gaming experiences ever. I have been gaming since the 2600 days, and sold off all my console stuff(other than dreamcast) a few months ago, but had to pick up a Gamecube again for this game, and it has been well worth it. Now I'm getting back into many of the other franchises that make the gamecube a great system. RE4 was definitely a system seller for me though....it's an amazing game!

Just finished the game tonight. Extremely impressed with everything from top to bottom, beginning to end. Heck, even the credits were well done telling a story at the end of it all. Wow.

Glad I took the time to get through the game.

:applause: for RE4.

Just finished it today. 16 hours I think. EASILY one of the best games i've played this generation. I just wish the ending had alittle more too it, ya know?

Now onto MGS3!

Got it on the 18th, just finished... 10 deaths, 75% accuracy. Great game, dragged on a little at the end, but it was still excellent. I feel a little unresolved though now that it's done... what was the backup plan Saddler was talking about? I wish I had a story summary to read through.

SPOILER

Why the heck was Ada working for Wesker? I've played through 1-3 and Survivor and I didn't know they were connected. Is the Wesker Ada is working for the robot/super Wesker from Code Veronica?

all the data in my memory card got corrupted this morning, but for some reason when i turned it off and back on then memory card got un-corrupted. the handcannon and chicago typewriter are so badass. kills everything.

I Finished the game awhile back, this has to be my fav RE game from the RE series if not RE remake comes 2nd. Those bottle capsule games are sure hard btw, especially placing headshots with a shotgun.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']I Finished the game awhile back, this has to be my fav RE game from the RE series if not RE remake comes 2nd. Those bottle capsule games are sure hard btw, especially placing headshots with a shotgun.[/QUOTE]

Just aim above chin, head shot every time.

bread's done
Back