RE4 thread for *spoiler* discussion

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I just finished 4-4. Overall I have a 71% hit ratio with 672 kills and 27 deaths. Playtime is 13:46:09.

I guess that means I'm only 2/3rds of the way done ...[/quote]

you got like 2 to three hours left.[/quote]

Well, 2 out of 3 areas: Village/Castle/Island.

That's a bit depressing actually. Oh well, I can always play through again as soon as I'm done. Oh yes, and that 27 would be higher but after dying about 5 times on Salazar last night I decided to give it a break and worry about it today. As it is my recorded deaths for 4-4 was only 2.

Has anyone gotten all the bottlecaps from the Shooting Gallery? How many points do you have to keep earning to get more? Also, did anyone else notice that the music playing during Hunk's missions is exactly the same as one of the songs in P.N.03?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I just finished 4-4. Overall I have a 71% hit ratio with 672 kills and 27 deaths. Playtime is 13:46:09.

That's a bit depressing actually. Oh well, I can always play through again as soon as I'm done. Oh yes, and that 27 would be higher but after dying about 5 times on Salazar last night I decided to give it a break and worry about it today. As it is my recorded deaths for 4-4 was only 2.[/quote]

Get ready to double your deaths in ch 5 :)

Naw its not that hard, but it's tougher. :wink:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I just finished 4-4. Overall I have a 71% hit ratio with 672 kills and 27 deaths. Playtime is 13:46:09.

That's a bit depressing actually. Oh well, I can always play through again as soon as I'm done. Oh yes, and that 27 would be higher but after dying about 5 times on Salazar last night I decided to give it a break and worry about it today. As it is my recorded deaths for 4-4 was only 2.[/quote]

Man, I suck.....I've died 67 times and I just finished 3-3.....I've logged around 15 hours

You guys died a lot. I finished in about 15 hours with around 9 deaths. No guide either. I felt the boss battles were real easy, but other than that the game was sweet.

Reality's Fringe said:
You guys died a lot. I finished in about 15 hours with around 9 deaths. No guide either. I felt the boss battles were real easy, but other than that the game was sweet.

I always die a ton my first time through a game. Basically I try and have as much fun with the game as possible

I did the same for MGS3 (running into traps that I knew were there just to watch Snake hit the ground, electrocuting snake, etc. )

I hear ya, but I figured they'd do a ranking thing like in the other RE's, so I was pretty careful. The game was still way sweet , and I think I'll do another run through.

I'm on ch. 2-3 with 1 death. It was the first boulder that gets rolled at you and it rolled over me when the unexpected L+R symbols appeared.

[quote name='whiteboy']I'm on ch. 2-3 with 1 death. It was the first boulder that gets rolled at you and it rolled over me when the unexpected L+R symbols appeared.[/quote]

I died about 3 times there. The first time I didn't sprint fast enough, the second time I used my left hand to push the A button to sprint and missed the L+R, and the third time they switched from L+R to AB and I missed it.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='whiteboy']I'm on ch. 2-3 with 1 death. It was the first boulder that gets rolled at you and it rolled over me when the unexpected L+R symbols appeared.[/quote]

I died about 3 times there. The first time I didn't sprint fast enough, the second time I used my left hand to push the A button to sprint and missed the L+R, and the third time they switched from L+R to AB and I missed it.[/quote]

About 2/3 of my deaths were from those sequences, especially the knife fight and those unexpected ones during cutscenes. I somehow can't push the buttons fast enough and when the screen shows up L+R I tend to hit A+B instead and vise versa.

[quote name='Orga']Has anyone gotten all the bottlecaps from the Shooting Gallery? How many points do you have to keep earning to get more? Also, did anyone else notice that the music playing during Hunk's missions is exactly the same as one of the songs in P.N.03?[/quote]

Yes. I think you just had to get at least 3000 points each time you played. You can only get 6 bottle caps in each area (A, B, C, D). I think I got one or two bottle caps with the rapid-fire, but then I got the rest of the caps with the pistol only pulling out my sniper gun to shoot that salazar head. It was pretty easy. You only get money, and you get more money for each row you complete.

Also, can you purchase a silencer for any of your guns in this game? I noticed Wesker had one in Merc mode, but I don't recall seeing one in the main game. I was just wondering if it was a Wesker exclusive or if it was some treasure that you had to find.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
Reality's Fringe said:

I always die a ton my first time through a game. Basically I try and have as much fun with the game as possible

I did the same for MGS3 (running into traps that I knew were there just to watch Snake hit the ground, electrocuting snake, etc. )[/quote]

Same here. On RE4 I think I died about 80 some times. I thought it was cool that there was some variation in the death sequences (like getting your face melted off by the creatures in the sewers, my personal favorite).

Can't remember how many times I died in Snake Eater though. A lot, for the same reasons - just trying different stuff out.

[quote name='ksuwild25']
Also, can you purchase a silencer for any of your guns in this game? I noticed Wesker had one in Merc mode, but I don't recall seeing one in the main game. I was just wondering if it was a Wesker exclusive or if it was some treasure that you had to find.[/quote]

It's a Wesker exclusive.

[quote name='ksuwild25'][quote name='Orga']Has anyone gotten all the bottlecaps from the Shooting Gallery? How many points do you have to keep earning to get more? Also, did anyone else notice that the music playing during Hunk's missions is exactly the same as one of the songs in P.N.03?[/quote]

Yes. I think you just had to get at least 3000 points each time you played. You can only get 6 bottle caps in each area (A, B, C, D). I think I got one or two bottle caps with the rapid-fire, but then I got the rest of the caps with the pistol only pulling out my sniper gun to shoot that salazar head. It was pretty easy. You only get money, and you get more money for each row you complete.[/quote]

Man, I must really suck at the shooting gallery - I have 2 bottlecaps. I hit the targets (headshots) as fast as I can, but they end up laughing at me every time. What exactly causes the Salazar head to appear? It's done it with me occasionally, but I never can figure out why.

[quote name='KrazyKefka'][quote name='CaseyRyback']
Reality's Fringe]You guys died a lot. I finished in about 15 hours with around 9 deaths. No guide either. I felt the boss battles were real easy said:
did you get a bug to bite your head off?

I was trying to cut the guys knees to get him on the ground, and 2 seconds later, he bit my head off

another good one was letting a El Gigante drag you into the lava

[quote name='argyle'][quote name='ksuwild25'][quote name='Orga']Has anyone gotten all the bottlecaps from the Shooting Gallery? How many points do you have to keep earning to get more? Also, did anyone else notice that the music playing during Hunk's missions is exactly the same as one of the songs in P.N.03?[/quote]

Yes. I think you just had to get at least 3000 points each time you played. You can only get 6 bottle caps in each area (A, B, C, D). I think I got one or two bottle caps with the rapid-fire, but then I got the rest of the caps with the pistol only pulling out my sniper gun to shoot that salazar head. It was pretty easy. You only get money, and you get more money for each row you complete.[/quote]

Man, I must really suck at the shooting gallery - I have 2 bottlecaps. I hit the targets (headshots) as fast as I can, but they end up laughing at me every time. What exactly causes the Salazar head to appear? It's done it with me occasionally, but I never can figure out why.[/quote]

You just have to hit 5 ganados in a row, and then that salazar head scrolls by. Also I don't know if you know, but the guy headshot is worth 100, and the woman head shot is 200. Also when you get an area's 3 or 4 bottle caps that area becomes more difficult.

In the shooting gallery manual, I think it said if you shoot all the targets you get a bottlecap but they only gave me a bottlecap for like the first time I did it. Another couple of times I did that, they just laughed at me.

Also what mode are you using, and what gun? I honed my skills on the handgun alot, because during the main game that's what the random ammo would leave me the most. I would recommend just trying to hit all the ganados in the chest, since that's the biggest target and if you don't miss you should get alot of salazar's which are worth 500.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='KrazyKefka'][quote name='CaseyRyback']
Reality's Fringe]You guys died a lot. I finished in about 15 hours with around 9 deaths. No guide either. I felt the boss battles were real easy said:
did you get a bug to bite your head off?

I was trying to cut the guys knees to get him on the ground, and 2 seconds later, he bit my head off

another good one was letting a El Gigante drag you into the lava

Don't think I did. I can't quite remember. I know I didn't get dragged into the lava by an El Gigante. I'll have to try that later.

[quote name='argyle'][quote name='ksuwild25'][quote name='Orga']Has anyone gotten all the bottlecaps from the Shooting Gallery? How many points do you have to keep earning to get more? Also, did anyone else notice that the music playing during Hunk's missions is exactly the same as one of the songs in P.N.03?[/quote]

Man, I must really suck at the shooting gallery - I have 2 bottlecaps. I hit the targets (headshots) as fast as I can, but they end up laughing at me every time. What exactly causes the Salazar head to appear? It's done it with me occasionally, but I never can figure out why.[/quote]

I didn't know that was a Salazar head back there, I never switched to the rifle for it.

is that the thing worth 500 points in the very back that causes the huge flash?

I have rows 1 and 2 complete, and 4 of row 3, but stopped after that

I didn't know that was his head either, and I thought it was random..

If you shoot at the house in the background, one of the lower windows, it causes fireworks to shoot up and you get 300 points.. you can also shoot the moon to make it darker.

i beat it last night....my playing time was like 24 hours or something, i was having way too much fun...but i also probably had it paused for 4 hours or more all together

anyways, you know how you can kick the enemies? one time some text popped up on the screen when an enemy was bent down in front of me, the text said "suplex" and of course had the big green A button next to it....it only happened once, is this common knowledge and i just played differently then everyone else, or what?

by the way, this was easily one of my favorite games ever....

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i beat it last night....my playing time was like 24 hours or something, i was having way too much fun...but i also probably had it paused for 4 hours or more all together

anyways, you know how you can kick the enemies? one time some text popped up on the screen when an enemy was bent down in front of me, the text said "suplex" and of course had the big green A button next to it....it only happened once, is this common knowledge and i just played differently then everyone else, or what?

by the way, this was easily one of my favorite games ever....[/quote]

Damn, I forgot about that, happened to me once. I was running from some monks when I saw a door. I kicked it open and stunned some other monks on the other side. When I went to go kick them I ended up doing an overhead belly-to-belly suplex on one of them! Unforunatly that was the one and only time I could do it.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i beat it last night....my playing time was like 24 hours or something, i was having way too much fun...but i also probably had it paused for 4 hours or more all together

the suplex is awesome. It was easiest for me to do it on stairs.

[quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='The Successful Dropout']i beat it last night....my playing time was like 24 hours or something, i was having way too much fun...but i also probably had it paused for 4 hours or more all together

Damn, I forgot about that, happened to me once. I was running from some monks when I saw a door. I kicked it open and stunned some other monks on the other side. When I went to go kick them I ended up doing an overhead belly-to-belly suplex on one of them! Unforunatly that was the one and only time I could do it.[/quote]

Just shoot them in the knee and come close to them, usually with the monks you get the suplex action.

It only does it with monks I believe. With villagers I think he just does a sap kick or something. I'm doing another playthrough, by the way, and it's much easier a second time around. I played for a little under 2 hours and I'm already in the castle.

The only weapon I have completely and fully upgraded is my boomstick. The others are upgraded, just not fully.

I'm almost at 600,000.. BTW Trust, it doesn't count the time you've been in pause.. I don't think. Because I left it on pause for like five hours once.

[quote name='Scorch']The only weapon I have completely and fully upgraded is my boomstick. The others are upgraded, just not fully.

I'm almost at 600,000.. BTW Trust, it doesn't count the time you've been in pause.. I don't think. Because I left it on pause for like five hours once.[/quote]

I usually don't hit the start button to pause, but put myself into the item screen as my 'pause'. I guess it adds hours that way hehe.

[quote name='Scorch']The only weapon I have completely and fully upgraded is my boomstick. The others are upgraded, just not fully.

I'm almost at 600,000.. BTW Trust, it doesn't count the time you've been in pause.. I don't think. Because I left it on pause for like five hours once.[/quote]

:oops: i meant that i left the game idle in my item screen a lot (like the person that posted above me)...not really paused, i just considered it the same thing...

:oops: i meant that i left the game idle in my item screen a lot (like the person that posted above me)...not really paused, i just considered it the same thing...

either way, here goes for my second play through...god, im addicted...i bought mercenaries and thought id want to play that next (and oh, i really do want to play that badly), but RE4 is just too damn fun

This is a first... i want to beat the game, so i can replay it, and die a lot. I havent gotten 1/2 the cool deaths ive heard about (no acid face wash) so it'll be interesting to see what they all are

[quote name='Wshakspear']This is a first... i want to beat the game, so i can replay it, and die a lot. I havent gotten 1/2 the cool deaths ive heard about (no acid face wash) so it'll be interesting to see what they all are[/quote]

Yeah, the best death has to be the acid face wash...man I can't remeber what there called..there the enemy creatures that fly and buzz around, there main attack is to grab you and puke acid all over your body (theres a crap load of them before the mine cart area, also the same creature that takes ashley in the tower). If you let your health die out when they have you in the puke death hold, the skin from your face gets burnt off and you can see some of your skull, it looked painful to say the least.

[quote name='sisco1986'][quote name='Wshakspear']This is a first... i want to beat the game, so i can replay it, and die a lot. I havent gotten 1/2 the cool deaths ive heard about (no acid face wash) so it'll be interesting to see what they all are[/quote]

Yeah, the best death has to be the acid face wash...man I can't remeber what there called..there the enemy creatures that fly and buzz around, there main attack is to grab you and puke acid all over your body (theres a crap load of them before the mine cart area, also the same creature that takes ashley in the tower). If you let your health die out when they have you in the puke death hold, the skin from your face gets burnt off and you can see some of your skull, it looked painful to say the least.[/quote]

The acid face wash is wonderful to watch, but my favorite is the head skewer by the wolverine gimp guys.

With the ones ive actually seen, i like the tentacle heads plucking my head from its shoulders. quite shocking, really

okay...im playing my second time through right now and i chose to use alternative outfits...so when you're playing the part where you take over the game as Ashley in the castle and you have to duck and crawl under the tables and under that little hole in the wall....has anyone else noticed the massive amount of camel toe that Ashley has :lol: seriously

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']okay...im playing my second time through right now and i chose to use alternative outfits...so when you're playing the part where you take over the game as Ashley in the castle and you have to duck and crawl under the tables and under that little hole in the wall....has anyone else noticed the massive amount of camel toe that Ashley has :lol: seriously[/quote]

I want a front view of Ashley as she's crawling thru tables :(

Finally beat the game after not playing for a few days. Finished with 71% hit ratio, 955 kills, 45 deaths. Total time of 18:50:00.

8 of my deaths came from the first meeting with Krauser and the last 5 were from that fucking jet ski. At that point I wasn't really paying attention anymore. That leaves 5 more "miscellaneous" deaths after 4-4. I don't think that's too bad.

I'm going to start playing through again tomorrow.

I'm home alone today because I couldn't go to school since there's two feet of snow outside. I really want to play RE4 but I'm scared as shit! Can anyone tell me if anything scary happens during chapter 2. I'm just starting chapter 2. The village people turning into those "things" don't count. Warn me of anything else scary, and give it a score of 1-10, but don't tell me what happens! :)

[quote name='CrimsonGeist']I'm home alone today because I couldn't go to school since there's two feet of snow outside. I really want to play RE4 but I'm scared as shit! Can anyone tell me if anything scary happens during chapter 2. I'm just starting chapter 2. The village people turning into those "things" don't count. Warn me of anything else scary, and give it a score of 1-10, but don't tell me what happens! :)[/quote]

I don't know where this is in the game or if you're there yet, but the lake area is fun, maybe not very scary, but fun. And El Gigante is cool.

Is RE4 supposed to be like a never before done idea? Im talking about the basic plot with the villagers. I saw a movie on sci-fi with villagers like these. They had superhuman strength and tentacles! Well, I'm going to start playing now. Hope it's not too hard!

Do most people start professional mode with the stuff they had when they beat the game before, or do they start a new game?

Because using whatever you already had (i.e. a giant inventory, an unlockable unlimited ammo rocket launcher) just sounds cheap and much too easy. But is the proffesional difficulty modest enough that you can still play through it starting from scratch, because that seems like the only "fair" way of doing it.

about assignment Ada:

how long is it, and are there any save points? I got past the first checkpoint, but I had to go and rather than leave the game on puase all day I opted to simply quit.

And what's this about some new enemy I've been hearing about? Is it all that nifty?

Assignment Ada sounds cool, but since I'm not sure how long it is I'm never in the mood to spend hours on it in one sitting.

[quote name='CrimsonGeist']I really want to play RE4 but I'm scared as shit![/quote]

You're kidding me, right? You've got RE4 and a GCN to play it, but you're not going to play it because you're scared? :roll:

bread's done
Back