Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare out now!

Just got my package and the retail disc is nice. Comes with another map/poster and the lettering is embossed to stand off the cover art. There are no codes associated and 2.5 gigs of space is required, so it looks like you just install w/e content is on the disc and that's it. Real question is if you're required to have the DLC disc in the drive or if the normal retail disc will suffice. . .

[quote name='Jodou']Just got my package and the retail disc is nice. Comes with another map/poster and the lettering is embossed to stand off the cover art. There are no codes associated and 2.5 gigs of space is required, so it looks like you just install w/e content is on the disc and that's it. Real question is if you're required to have the DLC disc in the drive or if the normal retail disc will suffice. . .[/QUOTE]

aww a map, damn do want. oh well.

I picked up the disc edition of Undead Nightmare already owning RDR and have to concur that it is well worth it. The map included is awesome and the case art alone is pretty sweet. There's just something about digital content that bothers me in general... the fact that you never physically own it and seeing how eventually everything will be this way just sucks.

Any CAG still play this online? I went ahead and got the DLC, it's pretty cool. But on the free roam, is there a way to play the undead nightmare, or is that only for single player? I played the singleplayer undead for a bit and noticed Blackwater was overrun by zombies and had to clear them out, but if you choose multiplayer from the main menu, it just goes to the regular free roam. :(

[quote name='Sinistar']Any CAG still play this online? I went ahead and got the DLC, it's pretty cool. But on the free roam, is there a way to play the undead nightmare, or is that only for single player? I played the singleplayer undead for a bit and noticed Blackwater was overrun by zombies and had to clear them out, but if you choose multiplayer from the main menu, it just goes to the regular free roam. :([/QUOTE]

There are some modes (Undead Horde or some such) that are through the Undead Nightmare pack, but no free roam that is in the Undead Nightmare world.

[quote name='Saint Noir']There are some modes (Undead Horde or some such) that are through the Undead Nightmare pack, but no free roam that is in the Undead Nightmare world.[/QUOTE]

Ahh that's too bad. I wonder why they didn't add Undead Nightmare in free roam, since it's in the add-on? Maybe in a future patch? I should get through the single player, anyways, first.

[quote name='disruptor108']I play this on a regular basis. I'm looking for someone to play with to get some trophies and such.[/QUOTE]
Sure send me a msg on psn.

I need a new ps3 game. What do you guys think, this game or Uncharted 2? I don't know a thing about either game (I like playing games without knowing much about them). I've also never played Red Dead Revolver or Uncharted 1.

Uncharted 2 is kind of short and can be passed in a few days. Red Dead is a much longer game with a lot more to do and if you get the Undead Nightmare expansion as well, that alone is almost as long as Uncharted 2. The online in both games kind of sucks, so I guess it is a draw there.

[quote name='kube00']I think uc2 probably has a stronger online community. Although Undead Nightmare is a blast for RDR[/QUOTE]

what he said. if you are more of a sp player then get rdr used and pick up the undead nightmare pack from psn. that will give you 2 sp storylines and all of the dlc for the game ( except for the 3 preoder bonuses).

between the 2 i like uncharteds mp better mostly because of the clunky game controls in rdr when it comes to taking cover and the odd way your character moves. though the zombie mp game is way addictive ive put in alot of time on that and the 4 player co-op mission are cool as well.

:) Thanks for the help guys, don't worry I'll get both eventually. Being the CAG I am, I'll try to get both for cheap. I think I'll get Uncharted, as I'm more of a Multiplayer guy. I like MW, MW2, and Black Ops online, but I've never actually played through any of their campaigns (don't like them). I do like playing through campaigns if it's split-screen, and I'll play through Uncharted 2 for sure since I don't know anyone who doesn't like that game. Is it alright if I've never played the 1st one?

[quote name='AsobiSeksu']:) Thanks for the help guys, don't worry I'll get both eventually. Being the CAG I am, I'll try to get both for cheap. I think I'll get Uncharted, as I'm more of a Multiplayer guy. I like MW, MW2, and Black Ops online, but I've never actually played through any of their campaigns (don't like them). I do like playing through campaigns if it's split-screen, and I'll play through Uncharted 2 for sure since I don't know anyone who doesn't like that game. Is it alright if I've never played the 1st one?[/QUOTE]

if you plan on getting uncharted 2 get the goty edition new. that way youll have the game with all the dlc on it. you have to get it new since i think the dlc is on a voucher.

[quote name='lokizz']if you plan on getting uncharted 2 get the goty edition new. that way youll have the game with all the dlc on it. you have to get it new since i think the dlc is on a voucher.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the reply. I googled it, and there's a voucher included with the goty version. Guess I'll have to deal with the ugly case then!

[quote name='AsobiSeksu']Cool, thanks for the reply. I googled it, and there's a voucher included with the goty version. Guess I'll have to deal with the ugly case then![/QUOTE]

I got the greatest hits GOTY of Uncharted 2 from Amazon, the red label was just a sticker on the case.

the highest is 50......im at 44 now and i'll hit 50 before 4x xp ends. im looking forward to the "fan appreciation" dlc. im glad to see there still supporting this game a year after its release.

More PAID DLC? Or is it gonna be like that Outlaws To The End one they gave us a while ago? Cuz I do NOT pay for DLC unless it adds significant amounts of playtime to a game.

I recently got in on The Undead Nightmare pack that included the Legends & Killers & the Liars & Cheats dlcs and regretted that I didn't get them on day 1, because I simply had tons of fun with them. I didn't even pass into legendary until I got the dlcs and now I'm already maxed out with the zebra-donkey because of this July 4th 4x xp weekend. Lessoned learned. Do not pass up on RDR dlcs. Cheapest, I think I need helicopter lessons in GTA4. I am just horrible when it comes to helicopter flying lol.

yeah i should have got the complete set when i could but i opted out for just the zombie stuff. i still love undead overrun fuckin shit is awesome when you have a good team.

[quote name='inanim8']I recently got in on The Undead Nightmare pack that included the Legends & Killers & the Liars & Cheats dlcs and regretted that I didn't get them on day 1, because I simply had tons of fun with them. I didn't even pass into legendary until I got the dlcs and now I'm already maxed out with the zebra-donkey because of this July 4th 4x xp weekend. Lessoned learned. Do not pass up on RDR dlcs. Cheapest, I think I need helicopter lessons in GTA4. I am just horrible when it comes to helicopter flying lol.[/QUOTE]
I'm not exactly a pro myself with the choppers at times in GTA4/Episodes, as I do crash into shit fairly often. But that's the good part about the game, in that you can crash your chopper one minute and have another one within a couple of minutes usually.;)

If you think flying a chopper normally is hard though, you should try it going under the map.:shock: That's 10x worse.:whistle2:#

I'm bumping this because there's more talk of a possible GOTY edition inbound.

The British Board Of Film Classification has a listing for a GOTY edition of RDR that's due to drop on September 16th.

Article about it here .

And zavvi.com(UK game retailer site) has a listing for the game up here .

Take that for what you will.

Oh and don't forget that sometime this month Rockstar is supposed to release another new DLC for RDR and it's going to be a FREE DLC. ;)

bread's done
Back