Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare out now!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'd rather know about the stories of how each of the supplementary characters got to where they're at and what they had to do to get there moreso than the gimmicky shit they've put out so far.[/QUOTE]
I don't mind it. Never played Nazi Zombies for more than 5 minutes in WaW. Only RE game I've played is 4 and I have 5 on my backlog (no interest in the older games unless they're re-released without tank controls). Didn't get into Dead Rising so I'm not tired of zombie games. As I mentioned, this has a ton of stuff.

But I'm sure enough people will buy the 'omg zombies' nonsense, just like enough bought the skin pack and other junk to make Rockstar realize they can nickel and dime people to make more money.:roll:
I hate all this DLC as much as you but Rockstar isn't as bad as, say, UbiSoft. The AC2 DLC was terrible. They were parts right in the middle of the game that were excluded and you couldn't replay memory segments so if you wanted to replay it, had to start a whole new game. One of them was mostly combat (which sucks in the game) and lasted 45 min, maybe an hour if you took your time. That's the reason why I'm not spending more than $40 on AC:B.

[quote name='lokizz']lol so guess whats coming out in december ............

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=84603[/QUOTE]

That's just all the DLC on one disc. Basically the same price as buying them from PSN/XBL.

[quote name='icedrake523']I don't mind it. Never played Nazi Zombies for more than 5 minutes in WaW. Only RE game I've played is 4 and I have 5 on my backlog (no interest in the older games unless they're re-released without tank controls). Didn't get into Dead Rising so I'm not tired of zombie games. As I mentioned, this has a ton of stuff.

I hate all this DLC as much as you but Rockstar isn't as bad as, say, UbiSoft. The AC2 DLC was terrible. They were parts right in the middle of the game that were excluded and you couldn't replay memory segments so if you wanted to replay it, had to start a whole new game. One of them was mostly combat (which sucks in the game) and lasted 45 min, maybe an hour if you took your time. That's the reason why I'm not spending more than $40 on AC:B.

That's just all the DLC on one disc. Basically the same price as buying them from PSN/XBL.[/QUOTE]

yeah i know but theres a chance that could drop in price which if it does you could possibly get all the dlc at a decent discount. eh whatever i think ill stick with just getting the zombie stuff for 7.99. also if theyre doing that then chances are there wont be a goty edition unless there is more dlc coming.

Even if it did drop in price, I'd rather download them so I only have to deal with one disc. They're putting GTAIV and BOGT/TLATD together so I'm sure RDR will get that treatment in the future.

[quote name='icedrake523']
I hate all this DLC as much as you but Rockstar isn't as bad as, say, UbiSoft. The AC2 DLC was terrible. They were parts right in the middle of the game that were excluded and you couldn't replay memory segments so if you wanted to replay it, had to start a whole new game. One of them was mostly combat (which sucks in the game) and lasted 45 min, maybe an hour if you took your time. That's the reason why I'm not spending more than $40 on AC:B.[/QUOTE]
When they do that I can definitely understand the disdain for the DLC, especially if it's to add in stuff they removed or disabled from the main game. When a game releases it should be as complete as possible and not a buggy mess.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']When they do that I can definitely understand the disdain for the DLC, especially if it's to add in stuff they removed or disabled from the main game. When a game releases it should be as complete as possible and not a buggy mess.[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree on that. I miss the days where the game you got on release had everything and was bug free.

Also, you should like this RDR update:

http://kotaku.com/5672489/red-deads-best-update-has-nothing-to-do-with-zombies

My first thirty seconds of Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer went a little something like this: whistle for donkey, get on donkey, get shot in the face by somebody on a horse. That pattern continued for another few days.

I love the idea behind the game's free-roam multiplayer, where random strangers are thrown together on the open plains, but the number of griefers and troublemakers out there quickly make it an unpleasant experience.

So it's wonderful to hear that, in preparation for Undead Nightmare's release, a patch has been released for Red Dead Redemption, one that adds a "Friendly Free Roam" option.

This allows players to enter free roam with player-to-player combat disabled, so you can band together and tackle those bandits without fear of somebody following you around Blackwater for three hours shooting your horse in the arse.

If you haven't already got the update, log in right now and it should be there waiting for you.

[Rockstar]

[quote name='mwynn']New Update adds so far new options for multiplayer Normal, Hardcore, and Friendly.[/QUOTE]

They should have released this patch the first week as most people have long since quit playing MP since it is no fun going on free roam then getting killed in the first minute you are there.

[quote name='lokizz']its nice that they added it but this should have been a day one option. its also nice to see i wasnt the only one who got attacked when they first started mp.[/QUOTE]

I killed a guy seven times in a row while he talked smacked. I don't mind the player vs player yet people seem to want to attack when you are doing other things. I am clear out a hideout and get picked off. Or trying to get my wanted level up and get picked off.

[quote name='icedrake523']Definitely agree on that. I miss the days where the game you got on release had everything and was bug free.

Also, you should like this RDR update:

http://kotaku.com/5672489/red-deads-best-update-has-nothing-to-do-with-zombies [/QUOTE]
:applause::applause::applause: About fuckin' time. Although I guess you have to make your own custom free roam(like I always do anyway) in order to have it be friendly fire off, right?

I do the same on GTA all the time. Although some nights I just wanna fly around in the chopper and annihilate random players for shits and giggles. But most nights I'll just make a private game and invite friends to it rather than deal with the idiots following me all around to be annoying.:whistle2:#

man this game is sick found my first of the 4 horses of the apocalypse and i dont know if anyone has been up in tall trees yet but it is very very worth it to go. big surprise up there.

[quote name='lokizz']man this game is sick found my first of the 4 horses of the apocalypse and i dont know if anyone has been up in tall trees yet but it is very very worth it to go. big surprise up there.[/QUOTE]

I think I know what you are alluding to and it sucks that the most recent trailer ruins that surprise plus the avatar marketplace also ruins it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause::applause::applause: About fuckin' time. Although I guess you have to make your own custom free roam(like I always do anyway) in order to have it be friendly fire off, right?

I do the same on GTA all the time. Although some nights I just wanna fly around in the chopper and annihilate random players for shits and giggles. But most nights I'll just make a private game and invite friends to it rather than deal with the idiots following me all around to be annoying.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

No when you startup multiplayer, it asks you if you want to go into a normal, friendly, or hardcore free roam.

[quote name='Sinistar']I need to start playing this again but I dont have any of the DLC[/QUOTE]

They released a $20 pack that is all 3 DLC's together, so it's essentially a B2G1F with them (consider Legends the free one as it's the crappiest of the 3- just new maps, skins, and a new multiplayer weapon.)

[quote name='icedrake523']I hate all this DLC as much as you but Rockstar isn't as bad as, say, UbiSoft. The AC2 DLC was terrible. They were parts right in the middle of the game that were excluded and you couldn't replay memory segments so if you wanted to replay it, had to start a whole new game. One of them was mostly combat (which sucks in the game) and lasted 45 min, maybe an hour if you took your time. That's the reason why I'm not spending more than $40 on AC:B.[/QUOTE]

If there were achievements I would have bought those two missions when XBL had them on sale. But even for $2 each I refuse to buy those because they had no achievements. If you're releasing premium story mode content and it doesn't have achievements tied to it then I saw FU to the publisher. As far as I know, AC 2 is the only time on either system that there's premium content for the story mode and it has no achievements/trophies.

[quote name='Owen']I think I know what you are alluding to and it sucks that the most recent trailer ruins that surprise plus the avatar marketplace also ruins it.[/QUOTE]

damn that fucking sucks id have been pissed if that surprise got ruined for me which was a big reason i didnt even put it in spoilers since i know how hard it is to avoid clicking them if youre curious.

[quote name='MSUHitman']If there were achievements I would have bought those two missions when XBL had them on sale. But even for $2 each I refuse to buy those because they had no achievements. If you're releasing premium story mode content and it doesn't have achievements tied to it then I saw FU to the publisher. As far as I know, AC 2 is the only time on either system that there's premium content for the story mode and it has no achievements/trophies.[/QUOTE]

I don't give a crap about achievements so I couldn't care less if DLC adds them or not.

What are you taling about, trophies are awesome. You get them for things like creating a game save and getting on a horse now, really challenging stuff. Rockstar failed to make the online zombie portion hardcore so now i have to play that mode with all these kids playing with autoaim getting 100 more kills than me. I can't even get over 130 kills without the setup with the lemat, semiauto shotty, and henry repeater becasue everyone else is using autoaim. Very frustrating to say the least but this dlc is pretty awesome. Everybody in freeroam last night was like who's that zombie john marston killing everyone with the cattleman.

If anybody wants to play a lil free roam this weekend and is like me and don't have the DLC packs, hit me up on PSN. But if you do have the DLC packs n wanna do hideouts that I don't have, then I'll just wander off till you're done.

Hey cheapest, I havent played this in a while and never played free roam multiplayer. I have only the new undead DLC, none of the others and dont care about hideouts really. What night and how late do you play? I cant get on till the kid and wife go to bed, so I wont be on until after 10pm ET usually. Sometimes later.

[quote name='wrencrest']Hey cheapest, I havent played this in a while and never played free roam multiplayer. I have only the new undead DLC, none of the others and dont care about hideouts really. What night and how late do you play? I cant get on till the kid and wife go to bed, so I wont be on until after 10pm ET usually. Sometimes later.[/QUOTE]
I'm usually on starting at 10pm EST, sometimes earlier, but I'm definitely a late night player. Although I've mainly been playing GTA or MK II as of late.

I'm having a bit of a problem that I'm hoping everyone here can help me with. I plan on buying the Undead Nightmare DLC, but I noticed that the bundle of all the DLC is currently $20. Here's my issue, though: I don't really have much of a desire to play online, so would getting the bundle really be worth it? As far as I can tell, the other two packs are just multiplayer content. Is the online portion of the game so good that I should pick up the bundle and give it a try, or just stick with Undead Nightmare. Thanks to anyone who responds!

[quote name='Squall835']I'm having a bit of a problem that I'm hoping everyone here can help me with. I plan on buying the Undead Nightmare DLC, but I noticed that the bundle of all the DLC is currently $20. Here's my issue, though: I don't really have much of a desire to play online, so would getting the bundle really be worth it? As far as I can tell, the other two packs are just multiplayer content. Is the online portion of the game so good that I should pick up the bundle and give it a try, or just stick with Undead Nightmare. Thanks to anyone who responds![/QUOTE]

in the end its a personal preference thing. i only got the zombie dlc because it only cost 7.99 ( due to being a plus member) ad i dont play rdr online anymore so he extra online stuff wasnt worth getting. if youre big on trophies and want more skins, mp hideout to storm and weapons id say it worth it.

ill tell you right now the undead dlc is a must have they brought their a game here even with dead eye its easy to get surrounded and mauled by zombies. romero rules as well ( only burning and head shots kill zombies).

The last time(the other night) when I popped in RDR to play some online free roam I made a public friendly free roam and not a single person came into my game.

So either the bulk of people still playing this game online are only in the 'normal' or 'hardcore' modes or the online community for it is dead.

But since I hate people coming in just to get their shits and giggles by shooting me dead every half second I'll only be using friendly free mode from here on out.

I was on earlier and had several people to mess with in free roam (normal). I cleared all the hideouts, was invited in several posses, had some posse wars... and then was the bane of one player's existence. I even shot his horse dead from clear across the world. Amazing shot on my part. :D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So either the bulk of people still playing this game online are only in the 'normal' or 'hardcore' modes or the online community for it is dead.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to go out on a limb and say nobody wants to play puss. .err, friendly mode.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm going to go out on a limb and say nobody wants to play puss. .err, friendly mode.[/QUOTE]
Good for them(and you). They can keep shooting each other like a bunch of morons/idiots and I can actually go out and have fun doing what I want to do without worrying about some douchebag coming from across the map to shoot me just for laughs.:whistle2:#

[quote name='mwynn']I want a live horse, this undead horse is annoying.[/QUOTE]

find one of the apocalypse horses they dont look like the undead horses.

Be careful though. They don't respawn if they die until the end of the game. I have War right now and I can't save Thieves' Landing without him disappearing (even if I hitch him).

[quote name='lokizz']shit where is he all i could find was i believe pestilence.[/QUOTE]

War is near Armadillo.

[quote name='icedrake523']Be careful though. They don't respawn if they die until the end of the game. I have War right now and I can't save Thieves' Landing without him disappearing (even if I hitch him).[/QUOTE]

I thought you got a deed for them that allowed you to call them whenever you wanted.... read that on Rockstar's twitter or some such.

EDIT - Found the answer.

"If one of the Four Horses of the Apocalypse dies or is replaced, you will only be able to access it again after completing completing all the Four Horses of the Apocalypse challenges. At that point, you will receive the deeds for all four horses."

Last edited by a moderator:
Started playing Undead Nightmare, and I'm loving it. Question about the treasure hunting challenge though. From what I've read, it sounds like you get the first map somewhat randomly. Is that true or is the campsite you get it from in a certain area?

[quote name='Saint Noir']I thought you got a deed for them that allowed you to call them whenever you wanted.... read that on Rockstar's twitter or some such.

EDIT - Found the answer.

"If one of the Four Horses of the Apocalypse dies or is replaced, you will only be able to access it again after completing completing all the Four Horses of the Apocalypse challenges. At that point, you will receive the deeds for all four horses."[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but once you use a deed it's gone, right? They should have made it so you can stable a horse and choose between them, rather than just replacing your current mount.

No, deeds are good forever. You can use them however many time for which ever horses once you have the deeds to them. Hitting it will get you that horse and you can continue to reuse the deed.

I finished RDR about 2 months ago, and I thought for sure after that final scene with Jack that I probably wouldn't lay another finger on it.

Tomorrow im gonna get the DLC pack though, if it really is about 6 hours in content for only about 6 bucks then damn Rockstar outdid themselves.

I know this issue has probably been done to death but I have a 360 and a ps3 but no xbox live subscription. Are there differences that will impede my experience of the game? Just to give some insight, I found the ps3 bayonetta version to be extremely disappointing.

[quote name='sotc1988']I know this issue has probably been done to death but I have a 360 and a ps3 but no xbox live subscription. Are there differences that will impede my experience of the game? Just to give some insight, I found the ps3 bayonetta version to be extremely disappointing.[/QUOTE]

I think RDR looks great on PS3. More importantly it plays perfectly fine. The 360 version does look better, but it is not a case of Bayonetta, where the PS3 version is straight awful in comparison (or awful all by itself). You will still love it, no matter which version.

is this brand new campaign as long as the disc game? i saw six hours before, but like the regular game i think is supposed to be 25 hours right? anyway, i just want to know the relative length, maybe like in comparison to the regular game

i forgot to ask! is it any good??????

i had a conversation during a cutscene with an invisible npc who was hammering up something. the hammer was visible he wasnt. btw has anyone found death yet? ive gotten every horse but him and i want to get him without having to wait till they give him to you. so far i havent seen him in any of the places wiki listed.

nvm i found him hes pretty much a random find death is.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lokizz']i had a conversation during a cutscene with an invisible npc who was hammering up something. the hammer was visible he wasnt. btw has anyone found death yet? ive gotten every horse but him and i want to get him without having to wait till they give him to you. so far i havent seen him in any of the places wiki listed.

nvm i found him hes pretty much a random find death is.[/QUOTE]
I've had 2 cutscenes where i talked to floating rifles. The first time it happened, i thought they were introducing poltergeists or something...

Also had an issue where i was trying to jump on a roof and a zombie hit me off. I fell through the floor and was trapped for a 2nd. Then when i got back I couldn't climb ladders. Had to restart to get it working right again.

So, I got past the part in Undead Nightmare were you need to wait for West Dickens to get to Mexico, and I swear I've waited at least 10 days and nothing has popped up.

bread's done
Back