Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare out now!

I got so bored with the game since it seems everyone I've been playing with has all of the paid DLC, which means I don't get any points for helping out on the new hideouts unlocked in those packs, so I let a friend from PSN/CAG borrow the game for a few weeks to play through it since I doubt I'll be playing it again anytime soon.

Cheapest, I dont have the DLC so I will try to get a game with you a few times this week. I still have 15 levels to go to get to 50 and rollover. All for a damn plat trophy...

[quote name='nakanenui']Cheapest, I dont have the DLC so I will try to get a game with you a few times this week. I still have 15 levels to go to get to 50 and rollover. All for a damn plat trophy...[/QUOTE]
I'm currently letting a friend from PSN/CAG borrow my copy of RDR, so that's a no go on the game for now.

I rarely buy DLC, but I think I have to get this one since it adds more single player story (or did I miss something, this is single player content right?) and an intriguing concept. Looks cool and with the coups from Kmart I can get it discounted by buying a PSN card there.

I haven't bought any of the previous DLC, but am definitely buying the Undead Nightmare pack. I'm a fan of single player DLC and wish more would get made. Minerva's Den was the only Bioshock 2 DLC I purchased too.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm currently letting a friend from PSN/CAG borrow my copy of RDR, so that's a no go on the game for now.[/QUOTE]

I'm a little more than 50% complete, just got to the town that was previously blocked off, near tall trees and the buffalos.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I haven't bought any of the previous DLC, but am definitely buying the Undead Nightmare pack. I'm a fan of single player DLC and wish more would get made. Minerva's Den was the only Bioshock 2 DLC I purchased too.[/QUOTE]

im all over this one too i read an article at ign where they said you have to do head shots to put them down for good. ive been waiting for a game to do that for a very long time.

[quote name='lude21']I'm a little more than 50% complete, just got to the town that was previously blocked off, near tall trees and the buffalos.[/QUOTE]
You run into any cougars as of yet? Those sob's are too damn stealthy. Ask Wolverine, as he was helping me the one night to complete some of the hunting missions in mp and we literally had about 10+ of them circling the one cabin up near Bearclaw Camp.

Tried to grind a few hideouts last night for xp, and boy is it boring. I hope they do another double or triple xp weekend soon or I am giving up on this game.

[quote name='"R* Games"']
Undead Nightmare introduces hours of a new single-player storyline and brand new multiplayer content. Seemingly overnight, a zombie plague ravages the once bountiful frontier, decimating the landscape and reawakening the dead. In towns, settlements and outposts throughout the world, the uninfected citizens are left to fight for survival against waves of the undead. John Marston must ride out into the vast and terrifying world and survive long enough to find a cure.

Four zombie classes enter the fray, each possessing unique characteristics, attacks, and defenses. Mythical creatures roam the frontier, alongside zombie cougars, bears, wolves and many more. Taking down the undead requires non-traditional weaponry, including the new Blunderbuss, which can be loaded with looted remains of fallen zombies. The deadly Tomahawk and the Explosive Rifle make a triumphant comeback and will be available exclusively for those who downloaded the Legends and Killers Pack and the Liars and Cheats Pack.

The all new single-player narrative features new challenges, quests, and ambient events, including Missing Persons, where the player must find a missing survivor lost amongst the throngs of undead. New competitive multiplayer and multiplayer free roam content includes Undead Overrun, a brand new multiplayer survival mode where waves of infected attack and players must work together to stay alive against increasingly difficult odds.

Also coming soon, Undead Nightmare, a single, stand-alone disc that bundles together for the first time ever, the Undead Nightmare Pack, the Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack, the Legends and Killers Pack, the Liars and Cheats Pack and all the Multiplayer Free Roam modes released to date. Undead Nightmare will be available at retail stores everywhere for $29.99/£24.99/€29.99 and does not require a copy of Red Dead Redemption to play.

The Undead Nightmare Pack will be available from Xbox LIVE (800 Microsoft Points) and PlayStation Network ($9.99/£7.99/€9.99) and requires a copy of Red Dead Redemption to play. Red Dead Redemption, rated M for Mature by the ESRB, is currently available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. The Legends and Killers and the Liars and Cheats add-on packs are available separately on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 and on the PlayStation®Network and require a copy of Red Dead Redemption to play.[/quote]So the new gun is a blunderbuss and a standalone retail disc is coming for $30. Yay?

Turns out this is a side-story mode, so it is completely separate from normal SP and MP. Weird that they'd split the community like that, but w/e. SP campaign is about six hours long and comes with new mounts, outfits, challenges, etc. For $10, it might be the first time I ever buy DLC.

[quote name='ELUNO']I just want it to come before October ends so that I can buy it for the 800 back promotion.[/QUOTE]
It's coming 10/26; said that yesterday.

Also, mounts! Behold – the Four Horses of the Apocalypse. Pestilence, Famine, Death, and War. Each of the horses listed below comes with special powers.

undeadnightmare_4horses005.jpg

-War-
Given power to take peace from the earth, the fiery red horse known as War ignites a trail of flame upon all those in its path, turning the living and the undead alike into smoldering ash.

undeadnightmare_4horses004.jpg

-Pestilence-
A ghastly harbinger of plague and disease that's easily identifiable by its exposed wounds and ocular hemorrhaging, Pestilence possesses an exceptionally high pain threshold.

undeadnightmare_4horses003.jpg

-Famine-
Attracting a swarm of insects wherever it travels, Famine's thin shadowy frame and crimson eyes mask an everlasting stamina.

undeadnightmare_4horses002.jpg

-Death-
With Hell following close behind, Death carries with him a violent wake that rattles through the skulls of the undead, causing a spectacular cranial explosion for any zombie it comes in contact with.

undeadnightmare_4horses001.jpg

-All Four Horses-
Left to Right: Pestilence, Famine, Death, War

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sinistar']I need to start playing this again but I dont have any of the DLC[/QUOTE]
I don't either. So maybe once I get it back we can do some leveling up or go hunting in a free roam.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I don't either. So maybe once I get it back we can do some leveling up or go hunting in a free roam.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good idea ;)

Then again, assuming I can't find the two games I'm gonna go looking for at Kmart to buy for $5 each(after Fallout New Vegas coupons taking $15 off;)), I might just buy 1-2 PSN $20 cards for $5 each and go on a spending spree on PSN.

For $5 a card that'd make it like the DLC is only costing me $2.50 each instead of the overinflated $10.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Then again, assuming I can't find the two games I'm gonna go looking for at Kmart to buy for $5 each(after Fallout New Vegas coupons taking $15 off;)), I might just buy 1-2 PSN $20 cards for $5 each and go on a spending spree on PSN.

For $5 a card that'd make it like the DLC is only costing me $2.50 each instead of the overinflated $10.:razz:[/QUOTE]
That is what I plan on doing with my two Mickey coaster coupons. There are some PSN games I have my eye on as well for when they may go on sale.

I beat the game yesterday but reloaded a save from earlier since I wanted to get the Legend of the West outfit as John.

I unlocked the Master Hunter outfit. I was so pissed b/c I saw a cougar lying in the grass ahead and was trying to inch closer and chuck dynamite. Got too close and it attacked me and my horse. After respawning, I went around and 2 came out and attacked. Fortunately I killed one with dynamite by luck. Wish I had the outfit when I killed the legendary animals so I could have doubles of their drops.

Took many hours but finally platinumed this bad boy. I wish I didnt need the DLC to get the 50k posse point trophy. Through grinding hideouts for xp to level, I hit that and more just by myself. Took a couple hours and lots of people wanted me to posse with them, I guess to leech off my posse points?

I think I've had the "Posse Up" one for a long time already. It's not that hard to get if you can get some people to actually agree to cooperate for 5 minutes and just keep sending out random invites to other players to join your posse.

That was one thing I always hated about the free roam in this, was that you couldn't shut off the friendly fire or the police/lawmen and you couldn't screw with the blips in the game either. It would've made it alot more fun for me to not be shot at by idiots every five seconds in free roam if I could've just tweaked those options a bit.

I did a posse up with a bunch of friends and a few randoms. Basically invited everyone we could, then jumped to new free roam with the posse. Once the leader gets it, he leaves, and a new leader is auto-chosen. He invites the old leader back and continue til everyone gets the trophy.

Considering the RDR night was DOA from the moment it was conceived and only lasted ONE frickin' week before ending pretty much forever, many of you who wanted the trophy for Posse Up could've had it a long time ago if we could've organized a night for people to get on and play.

[quote name='iamthecheapestgamer']considering the rdr night was doa from the moment it was conceived and only lasted one frickin' week before ending pretty much forever, many of you who wanted the trophy for posse up could've had it a long time ago if we could've organized a night for people to get on and play.[/quote]
No U

I'm down for getting together and going for that trophy. I had craziness afoot for about 6 months... and while there is still plenty of crazy to go around, I do have time for some gaming once again.

Actually, some of us have already gotten it through impromptu posses.

I'd be up for helping, but no one has ever actually suggested a one off night to do it. Make a night, and I'll try and be there.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You run into any cougars as of yet? Those sob's are too damn stealthy. Ask Wolverine, as he was helping me the one night to complete some of the hunting missions in mp and we literally had about 10+ of them circling the one cabin up near Bearclaw Camp.[/QUOTE]

Yup, killed a few. Right now im at my ranch, just saved Jack from the grizzly. I'm up to the mission "Pestilence" where you gotta save your corn from the crows. I'm guessing i'm close to the end.

[quote name='lude21']Yup, killed a few. Right now im at my ranch, just saved Jack from the grizzly. I'm up to the mission "Pestilence" where you gotta save your corn from the crows. I'm guessing i'm close to the end.[/QUOTE]
When you're at the ranch you are closer to the end, but it's been a while since I played the game and as such I don't recall where the mission Pestilence fits into the storyline.

One thing I was hoping they would add some DLC backstory for are the other main characters in the game("Uncle", John's wife, etc). Now THAT I would pay the $10 for to find out each of their histories through missions and cutscenes.

If anyone was having trouble knifing the cougars or killing them with dynamite in single player there is an easy way to kill them. I just stayed on my horse the whole time. Try to make the dynamite stick hit the cougar while its chasing you and its also easy to knife them on horseback. Just shoot em once in the leg and then run up on em with your horse and face downward while you knife them on horseback. After i did that last night i kept riding around on my horse with the master hunter outfit knifing people on horseback cause it is pretty fun. I don't know it took me so long but i finally hogtied a lady and left her on the train tracks last night which was the only fun trophy in the game. Today i am going to try and hogtie 10 people and leave them on the tracks and sit back and watch the show. Maybe even lasso an animal and manuever them onto the tracks as well and watch them explode while the lasso is around there neck.

[quote name='Mr. 420']If anyone was having trouble knifing the cougars or killing them with dynamite in single player there is an easy way to kill them. I just stayed on my horse the whole time. Try to make the dynamite stick hit the cougar while its chasing you and its also easy to knife them on horseback. Just shoot em once in the leg and then run up on em with your horse and face downward while you knife them on horseback. After i did that last night i kept riding around on my horse with the master hunter outfit knifing people on horseback cause it is pretty fun. I don't know it took me so long but i finally hogtied a lady and left her on the train tracks last night which was the only fun trophy in the game. Today i am going to try and hogtie 10 people and leave them on the tracks and sit back and watch the show. Maybe even lasso an animal and manuever them onto the tracks as well and watch them explode while the lasso is around there neck.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Where the hell ya been Mr. Anti-social? Nice Wii and XBL tags, btw.:razz:

Yeah and i can't play freeroam with other people that do ganghideouts or tdm with autoaim. I think i got wasted and deleted my whole friends list because lag was pissing me off at the time. People on there that didn't play games with me for 6-12 months. Plus i got a stupid new plumbing job at roto rooter and i had a 2 week vacation before that. I don't get how the blunderbuss is supposed to shoot zombie body parts that i guess are full of gun powder? How does shooting an eye or arm at somebody make them explode?

I know I lag like a mofo on some games, as I have learned to tell when I am. I just laugh it off. Comcast still charges wayyyyy too fuckin' much for cable internet around here and I'm still not gonna pay $30 a month for internet.:roll:

So I guess I'll continue to be the king of lag on games online.;)

Not bad. Assuming you can find other players who won't try and kill YOU will you're trying to kill the zombies. As long as it's a free DLC and not some $10 bs again I might just DL it come next week.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Not bad. Assuming you can find other players who won't try and kill YOU will you're trying to kill the zombies. As long as it's a free DLC and not some $10 bs again I might just DL it come next week.[/QUOTE]
It's part of Undead Nightmare, which is $10 heh. I would stalk you in these games JUST to kill you lol.

$10 for this pack and all the contact that comes with it seems pretty great to me. And clearly an Undead Nightmare pack is not part of the original game or world. Of course you can get it cheaper if you wait a year for the GOTY edition, but this was one of those games I had to have right up front to MOUNT UP!

Meh. Zombie mini games are a gimmick unless they're in a game where it's the main focus. Now if they would put out a pack with a significant amount of main storyline missions that tell the backstories of some of the secondary characters, then I would gladly pay about $5-10 for it.

But zombies? Nahhh. That's what Resident Evil and Dead Rising are for.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK then. That settles that. Again I say....fuck Rockstar. If they do this shit with the next GTA, then I'm officially done buying their games new and on release date.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe you're whining about Rockstar with their DLC for this. The only other game I can think of that has as much free DLC is Arkham Asylum (which were just challenge maps). And this Undead Nightmare DLC is without a doubt the best in terms of value I've seen.

But whatever, to each is own.

Nearing 100% for the game. Which is pretty nice.

I didn't know about the trophy for...
keeping the same horse for 20 missions
, so I don't know if I will be getting a platinum in this game or not. Regardless I am about to spend a lot of time in multiplayer. That plus Undead coming out means I am not retiring this game anytime soon.

[quote name='icedrake523']I can't believe you're whining about Rockstar with their DLC for this. The only other game I can think of that has as much free DLC is Arkham Asylum (which were just challenge maps). And this Undead Nightmare DLC is without a doubt the best in terms of value I've seen.

But whatever, to each is own.[/QUOTE]

See my above response as to what I feel about the zombie bs, which I've quoted below.:

Meh. Zombie mini games are a gimmick unless they're in a game where it's the main focus. Now if they would put out a pack with a significant amount of main storyline missions that tell the backstories of some of the secondary characters, then I would gladly pay about $5-10 for it.

But zombies? Nahhh. That's what Resident Evil and Dead Rising are for.

I'd rather know about the stories of how each of the supplementary characters got to where they're at and what they had to do to get there moreso than the gimmicky shit they've put out so far.

But I'm sure enough people will buy the 'omg zombies' nonsense, just like enough bought the skin pack and other junk to make Rockstar realize they can nickel and dime people to make more money.:roll:

bread's done
Back