Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare out now!

Not PS3 related, but this is odd. Guess they're going to start packing the 360 version with the short film that was on Fox a couple months ago. Was a pretty cool flick considering they only used in-game cutscenes for material.

[quote name='Jodou']Not PS3 related, but this is odd. Guess they're going to start packing the 360 version with the short film that was on Fox a couple months ago. Was a pretty cool flick considering they only used in-game cutscenes for material.[/QUOTE]

This is the same thing that is on the psn ?

I would be up for a private free roam session with a group of CAGs grinding xp from hideouts. I was doing Tesoro Azul last night getting about 1000xp per 5 minutes, but I heard Solomon's Folly was 2-3 minutes for close to the same xp. Pike's Basin takes a bit longer, but the ratio of time to xp is about the same.

Kaiser, I've been playing and def. need to grind some xp :p I'll probably be playing another 12-13 days before i send it off to gazelle :(

I'm gonna be taking advantage of the double XP and playing a bit this weekend. I'll be on later this evening (6 or so hours from now) and I'll be online tomorrow too. Feel free to add me and we'll go from there.

What are the best missions to do to get XP? I've been doing a lot of the Advanced Coop missions. They take about 12 mins on average but you get 1200 XP (2400 XP this weekend).

I believe I've only ever done the hideouts in private free roams during the double XP weekends. Pike's Basin gives you quite a bit. Some of the other hideouts though still aren't worth it, even with 2-3x XP.

Any chance a bunch of CAGs would like to group up tomorrow for trophy boosting? If we could get a full posse that would be awesome.

Dyeknom sent me a friend request and was on earlier, but I wanted to test the games I got for the SNES I have so I logged off.

But if anyone is on a bit later I should be back on to play for a bit.

Dyeknom and I were on until late last night, early morning PUG'ing with some randoms in public free roam. Pikes Basin was netting us around 2000-3000xp depending on who planted the bomb and who got the most kills/highest chains. I just hate how the spawning allows you to get camped by a-holes who decide they want all the kills so they kill even their own teammates. I will probably be on late this evening to try to finish off the last 10 or so levels to get to 50, hit legendary and get "ma tropheez",

What's funny is that earlier in the night I mentioned that Pikes Basin was awful because of the spawn camping. I'll probably be back on tonight after 8 or 9 pm cst.

We totally rocked some pikes basin though. 4 minute runs for 2k exp was well worth it.

[quote name='nakanenui']Dyeknom and I were on until late last night, early morning PUG'ing with some randoms in public free roam. Pikes Basin was netting us around 2000-3000xp depending on who planted the bomb and who got the most kills/highest chains. I just hate how the spawning allows you to get camped by a-holes who decide they want all the kills so they kill even their own teammates. I will probably be on late this evening to try to finish off the last 10 or so levels to get to 50, hit legendary and get "ma tropheez",[/QUOTE]
That's why I always make PRIVATE free roams. I hate dealing with the team killing shmucks and the people who just join a free roam to kill other players 'for the lulz'.:bomb:

If anyone is on I should be on in a bit, but I'm definitely logging off as of 11-11:30 tonight to watch Venture Bros so I don't have to stay up till 3-4am to watch the repeat.

Well, I was trying to see if anyone was on earlier but CAG was down half the day. Guess it finally came back up after I stopped trying. :\

I was unsure when the double xp ended, but when I tried to play around 10pm PST it was already over. That is some load of crap, at least leave it til early monday morning R*... bastards.

Still interested in a private free roam hideout grinding, more people = more bonus xp (and faster), right? Free any evening this week except friday.

[quote name='nakanenui']I was unsure when the double xp ended, but when I tried to play around 10pm PST it was already over. That is some load of crap, at least leave it til early monday morning R*... bastards.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the exp is pretty crap, especially considering how you can become legendary 4 times over. Realistically the exp should be at least 1.5-2x what it currently is by default.

I've got my platinum, but I'm all for doing some free roam (or even co-op). Set a date/time and it may be easier to get folks involved.

Can we get another poll? I think a Tuesday night would work unless it conflicts with other dedicated game nights. A lot of other game's nights are fizzling out too, so it should open up a lot of people's availability to party up.

[quote name='nakanenui']Can we get another poll? I think a Tuesday night would work unless it conflicts with other dedicated game nights. A lot of other game's nights are fizzling out too, so it should open up a lot of people's availability to party up.[/QUOTE]

Dead Rising 2 is out on Tuesday, so I am out for that one.

[quote name='mwynn']Dead Rising 2 is out on Tuesday, so I am out for that one.[/QUOTE]
AND EVERY TUESDAY AFTER. . .lol.

You guys complaining about exp are late to the party. So glad I got all mine in before they nerfed Solomon's (and the patch day hideout glitch helped a lot too).

It sucks that we have to grind now, because we missed out on some of the good glitches. I have noticed quite a few glitches that just piss me off, like last night, I got completely booted out of RDR for some stupid reason, straight to the dashboard. And also on saturday, I was doing pikes basin, and for some reason I was getting 2xp displayed per kill, instead of the normal $10 over the head of a killed cattle rustler, and at the end of the hideout I only got something like 600xp on a double xp weekend. Talk about a pissed off moment when each run prior (and after) it was 1500-1800xp before doubling.

[quote name='Jodou']You guys complaining about exp are late to the party. So glad I got all mine in before they nerfed Solomon's (and the patch day hideout glitch helped a lot too).[/QUOTE]

You can still get the offline LAN exp boost, you just basically have to start from level 1, and you can't go back to it once you go online.

Just saw the first screens for the new Nightmare DLC and I must admit I'm tempted to pick it up. I just don't understand how they're going to make this work though, because it radically changes the game world. I'd have to assume you can take it online, so they must have segregated free roam sessions to host normal and nightmare. I honestly think they should've just made this free for the month of October as a RDR event, though. After that, I'm sure the novelty will have worn off until next year. Of course, cash grab is what they're really looking for, not supporting the game community.

Silly me.

[quote name='Jodou']Just saw the first screens for the new Nightmare DLC and I must admit I'm tempted to pick it up. I just don't understand how they're going to make this work though, because it radically changes the game world. I'd have to assume you can take it online, so they must have segregated free roam sessions to host normal and nightmare. I honestly think they should've just made this free for the month of October as a RDR event, though. After that, I'm sure the novelty will have worn off until next year. Of course, cash grab is what they're really looking for, not supporting the game community.

Silly me.[/QUOTE]

if they add a story to it i could see alot of people picking it up. i saw those pics and they look interesting but i need to know more. on top of that those of us who are fans f zombies would probably rather put that money towards dr2 than a dlc pack that just has zombies walking around.

but if theyre really aggressive zombies and you can play this online with others..............

[quote name='Jodou']Undead Nightmare trailer is up. Apparently there is a SP campaign in addition to online this time, too. This just seems too weird of a direction for the game. . .[/QUOTE]

damn you rockstar now im gonna have to buy this. shit this is what more games need to do and if they make it where only head shots and burning kill the oh yeah. id love to see them do the same thing for gta4 especially for tbgt and tlatd.

[quote name='Jodou']Undead Nightmare trailer is up. Apparently there is a SP campaign in addition to online this time, too. This just seems too weird of a direction for the game. . .[/QUOTE]

Honestly, that one Stranger mission ("I Know You") strongly implies a Weird West underbelly to the main world (as well as foreshadowing later events) if you look closely enough.

EDIT: Also, zom-bears? Sold.

Not as weird as the direction that Yakuza 5 is going in...which is the same exact direction.

[quote name='Indignate']Not as weird as the direction that Yakuza 5 is going in...which is the same exact direction.[/QUOTE]
Lol, touche.

The Hunting and Trading Outfit DLC is coming out next week for free that includes: the Savvy Merchant and Expert Hunter outfits give the player news skills, cutting weapons and ammo to half the cost and doubling the amount of money gained from animals respectively. To add to this, Jackalopes will also be let loose into the old west, allowing for another Animal to hunt and kill.

Those outfits were originally vote options for the GS exclusive FYI.

Also, zombies!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back