Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare out now!

[quote name='ChibiJosh']So, I got past the part in Undead Nightmare were you need to wait for West Dickens to get to Mexico, and I swear I've waited at least 10 days and nothing has popped up.[/QUOTE]

you still looking for death ? if so i didnt get him till after i did a missing person mission in mexico and i got the message and saw the blue dot and went to it.

[quote name='nbballard']Wait? He was on the map when they told me to go see him. Try cleansing a town and see if he shows up.[/QUOTE]
Ever town is safe (almost twice because I've just been sleeping a dozen times) and every missing person is accounted for. I have nearly nothing to do (except go for some challenges)

[quote name='lokizz']you still looking for death ? if so i didnt get him till after i did a missing person mission in mexico and i got the message and saw the blue dot and went to it.[/QUOTE]

No, I mean, I'm still waiting to get to Mexico because West Dickens won't reappear.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Ever town is safe (almost twice because I've just been sleeping a dozen times) and every missing person is accounted for. I have nearly nothing to do (except go for some challenges)

No, I mean, I'm still waiting to get to Mexico because West Dickens won't reappear.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you need to save every town.. or look at your journal and challenges and see what you need to complete..

And for those of you who are looking for "Death" you get him anyway when you finish the game.. sorry about the spoiler.. then after you have all four of them to get rank 5 you need to kill one of every undead thing with him

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Ever town is safe (almost twice because I've just been sleeping a dozen times) and every missing person is accounted for. I have nearly nothing to do (except go for some challenges)
[/QUOTE]
So let me get this straight...
You talked to Seth at the Zombie Dance- and the game told you to go to Mexico, and West Dickens SHOULD have shown up on the map. Are we talking about the same time?

West Dickens sends you to an outpost where some army deserters are hanging out, and they give you a uniform (in a chest) for helping. Any chance you got that far, but didn't pick up the chest?

[quote name='nbballard']So let me get this straight...
You talked to Seth at the Zombie Dance- and the game told you to go to Mexico, and West Dickens SHOULD have shown up on the map. Are we talking about the same time?

West Dickens sends you to an outpost where some army deserters are hanging out, and they give you a uniform (in a chest) for helping. Any chance you got that far, but didn't pick up the chest?
[/QUOTE]

I did the Seth stuff. I went and picked herbs for Dickens then got the parts and he gave me the Blunderbuss. After that he said he was running away to Mexico and it said in the corner that it will take a couple days for him to get there. That is where I am.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']
I did the Seth stuff. I went and picked herbs for Dickens then got the parts and he gave me the Blunderbuss. After that he said he was running away to Mexico and it said in the corner that it will take a couple days for him to get there. That is where I am.
[/QUOTE]
Humm... After the blundermuss, I did another city, talked to Seth again, and founds some missing persons. Then West Dickens showed back up on the west side of the map.

[quote name='nbballard']
Humm... After the blundermuss, I did another city, talked to Seth again, and founds some missing persons. Then West Dickens showed back up on the west side of the map.
[/QUOTE]
And I did all that, the only icons on the map are the crosses for safe zones. I've just been sitting in a safe zone, sleeping/saving until a town gets under attack and then I go save it and repeat. Chances are he'll eventually pop up, but it feels like it's taken much longer than it should.

Hope that resolves itself. Pretty far into the game to have it crap out.

I'm in mexico (just a little past you), and my system crashes everytime I go to one of the story icons. 5 times in a row last night, and I moved onto something else. I noticed on the last try that my contoller was set to port 2 (probably from the Rockband stuff). Going to unplug it all tonight and try again.

soumds like maybe your games fucked you may want to start up an earlier save. like nbballard i started that mission soon after getting him the stuff he needed. the games kind of flawed like that and it seems like it gets worse the further you go into it.

This is all referring to Undead Nightmare only, correct? I just skimmed what you guys have been saying, as I am trying to stay spoiler free. If there are big issues with Undead Nightmare, I may hold out for a patch until I start the single player campaign.

I'm waiting on the retail disc personally. Rather pay more for something physical, even if it does come with the other DLC I couldn't care less about.

[quote name='Saint Noir']This is all referring to Undead Nightmare only, correct? I just skimmed what you guys have been saying, as I am trying to stay spoiler free. If there are big issues with Undead Nightmare, I may hold out for a patch until I start the single player campaign.[/QUOTE]

yep its the undead dlc were talking about. much like the original game theres some glitches that occur some minor and for some poeple major.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I haven't progressed very far in the game yet, but is there any point to looting zombie animal corpses (i.e. bears, wolves, etc.)?[/QUOTE]
Can you loot them? I know that the bats give wings and stuff.

Maybe they can be used as ammo in that gun..

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Yes, you get stuff like bear zombie claws and teeth. I haven't reached the point in the game yet where I get "that gun".[/QUOTE]
I tried to skin the first few bears I killed and wasn't promted. The hit detection on the loot/skin prompt is terrible.

funny_demotivational_posters_37.jpg

[quote name='nbballard']I tried to skin the first few bears I killed and wasn't promted. The hit detection on the loot/skin prompt is terrible.[/QUOTE]

when i first started the game i tried to skin/search a numer of animals and people and the prompt wouldnt come up so for most of the game i assumed animals couldnt be skinned . i really hope they can fix that because it sucks to sit there trying to get ammo off of a dead enemy but not be able to only to get swarmed by other enemies.

[quote name='nbballard']Hope that resolves itself. Pretty far into the game to have it crap out.

I'm in mexico (just a little past you), and my system crashes everytime I go to one of the story icons. 5 times in a row last night, and I moved onto something else. I noticed on the last try that my contoller was set to port 2 (probably from the Rockband stuff). Going to unplug it all tonight and try again.[/QUOTE]
If by crashing you mean it's freezing on you, then try doing the file restore option from the PS3's safe mode menu.

Here's an article on how to get to it: http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/10/14/keep-your-ps3-safe-with-this-guide/

tl;dr version: Hold the power/reset button on the front of the PS3 until you hear a single beep followed by a series of two short beeps, then let go. It'll bring up a list of options, you want to do 'restore file system'. Just as a precaution you might wanna back up any saves or files you might not wanna lose cuz if they're what's causing the freezing issues they'll be deleted.
[quote name='kube00']started playing the sp last night its a blast, but I cant get enough of the multiplayer[/QUOTE]
Which modes in mp? I think I only ever played the one where you grab the bags of gold. Other than that I was playing A LOT of free roam(as usual).

[quote name='chrislisting']is this brand new campaign as long as the disc game? i saw six hours before, but like the regular game i think is supposed to be 25 hours right? anyway, i just want to know the relative length, maybe like in comparison to the regular game

i forgot to ask! is it any good??????[/QUOTE]

It is a lot shorter than main game, probably about 1/4 of the main game. I think it is very good and well worth the money

I played a little bit of friendly free roam last night again for the first time in about a month. It was ok, but apparently the one group who had formed a posse got a tad perturbed when I wandered into the hideout they were clearing out right at the end of it(and got about 200 or so points for doing nothing;)).

I was playing some poker, not that much fun, I did do some undead stuff, at least with this dlc you get a decent sp experience

Decent sp experience? I had A LOT of fun with the single player in the normal game, but the multiplayer was seriously lacking and I kept wishing that the mp game had this or that active in the free roam, but I'm still not about to pay $10 a pop to get certain things back that should've been in mp from the start.

[quote name='sotc1988']I know this issue has probably been done to death but I have a 360 and a ps3 but no xbox live subscription. Are there differences that will impede my experience of the game? Just to give some insight, I found the ps3 bayonetta version to be extremely disappointing.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they fix that though?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Decent sp experience? I had A LOT of fun with the single player in the normal game, but the multiplayer was seriously lacking and I kept wishing that the mp game had this or that active in the free roam, but I'm still not about to pay $10 a pop to get certain things back that should've been in mp from the start.[/QUOTE]
You'd have a lot more fun if you ran around shooting each other like I do. PvE content is for WoW. Why not hop from game to game bounty hunting? I'd get people so mad because you KNOW they're trying to do those challenges while a public enemy. El Presido always has somebody doing this there and you can just snipe them with a Carcano lol.

[quote name='joeshmoe']Didn't they fix that though?[/QUOTE]
Yea- they fixed bayonetta with a patch. No huge problems there. I played in a few months ago and didn't notice anything bizarre. It's amazing how a launch issue can give a game a stigma for the rest of it's days.

well i think i finished the undead storyline and all i can say is wtf and meh. this one is all about the journey not the destination.

[quote name='Jodou']You'd have a lot more fun if you ran around shooting each other like I do. PvE content is for WoW. Why not hop from game to game bounty hunting? I'd get people so mad because you KNOW they're trying to do those challenges while a public enemy. El Presido always has somebody doing this there and you can just snipe them with a Carcano lol.[/QUOTE]
That's not what I want to do in the game though, which is why I am glad that Rockstar added the friendly free roam, though other people can still snipe your horse out from under you.:roll:

But if that's your thing, then so be it. I just know how I felt when my one friend on PSN wanted to do some trophy boosting and people kept being d-bags and coming in trying to kill him.

It's like the GTA games I always play. I make a custom game with a few open slots for the hell of it, lotsa peds and cops are on, yet I'm always the one with the bullseye on my chest.:roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I just fired the game up today after about a month or so hiatus.. and did the friendly fire free roam.. lol.. people still try to attack you in that mode. IT wouldnt be that bad if when they melee you it messes up your sniping..

Rockstar did a great job on this game and the DLC UNDEAD.. The gameplay is great,

PS3 players we're trying to get a 8 man group so we can all knock out the "Kingpin" trophy on land grab.. tried doing this for 3 hours the hard way and it isn't populated enough normally for you to get 8 separate person.. kills while holding the deed to the land.

So if any of you others would like to do this with me or the horde of 15 trophy send me a message and we'll get at it.

Thought about the end of Undead Nightmare:
Did anyone else kind of want John to put The Mask (TM) on and turn ito a green tornado of slapstick humor and fart jokes?

[quote name='nbballard']Thought about the end of Undead Nightmare:
Did anyone else kind of want John to put The Mask (TM) on and turn ito a green tornado of slapstick humor and fart jokes?
[/QUOTE]

lol that last bit was a big letdown i was hoping for a much bigger challenge.

OK, just got RDR a couple weeks ago, should I just DL Undead Nightmare for $10, or get the bundle for $20 that includes Liars and Cheaters + Legends and Killers?

[quote name='skyknight']OK, just got RDR a couple weeks ago, should I just DL Undead Nightmare for $10, or get the bundle for $20 that includes Liars and Cheaters + Legends and Killers?[/QUOTE]

In the same boat...still have to try the multiplayer to see if its fun or not.

I'll rebuy this once it drops to $20 used since everybody I was playing with recently were only playing the DLC shit. I still refuse to pay for DLC unless it's something that adds some significant backstory and isn't some gimmicky garbage.

Wasn't the bundle of all the recent DLC on the PSN 19.99? That seemed like a good deal to me, but I didn't have any of the DLC till then.

[quote name='joeshmoe']Wasn't the bundle of all the recent DLC on the PSN 19.99? That seemed like a good deal to me, but I didn't have any of the DLC till then.[/QUOTE]
Still. I refuse to pay for gimmick modes(omg zombies) and shit that should've been included in the online from the start(the 'skin' packs, Liar's Dice, poker, etc), especially at $20. Now had it been $1.99 like some of the stuff for Dead Rising 2(Psycho pack ftw when facing some enemies) or Just Cause 2(rockets for your parachute, etc), then I would've considered it.

But $10 a clip is just too much for shit that doesn't add anything extra to the main(and intriguing/fun) storyline.

Quick question, is the standalone disc thats coming out the exact same stuff that was included in the $19.99 bundle that was on PSN for a while, just with a retail box/cover?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Still. I refuse to pay for gimmick modes(omg zombies) and shit that should've been included in the online from the start(the 'skin' packs, Liar's Dice, poker, etc), especially at $20. Now had it been $1.99 like some of the stuff for Dead Rising 2(Psycho pack ftw when facing some enemies) or Just Cause 2(rockets for your parachute, etc), then I would've considered it.

But $10 a clip is just too much for shit that doesn't add anything extra to the main(and intriguing/fun) storyline.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Undead Nightmare has a ~10 hour single player campaign. That alone is worth $10. Add in the extra MP stuff, new weapons, challenges, etc., it's the best $10 I've spent all year. I'm only 3 hours in and it's worth it already.

[quote name='icedrake523']The Undead Nightmare disc is JUST the DLC. If you already own the RDR game, you're better off buying the disc.[/QUOTE]

I have RDR, but I also purchased the DLC pack that was on the PSN a while back, which included Undead Nightmare.

I was just wondering if there was any difference between this standalone disc and the DLC Pack that was 19.99 on PSN a while back.

[quote name='madbst']Seriously? Undead Nightmare has a ~10 hour single player campaign. That alone is worth $10. Add in the extra MP stuff, new weapons, challenges, etc., it's the best $10 I've spent all year. I'm only 3 hours in and it's worth it already.[/QUOTE]

Don't argue with him. It is futile. :)

BTW, the disc also includes online free roam.

Ohhhh. Kay' so the single disc is just all the DLC plus the free roam, cheaper, and without the original campaign mode. Seems sort of pointless, why not just release a GOTY edition with all this included for like 39.99 or something?

[quote name='Saint Noir']Don't argue with him. It is futile. :)

BTW, the disc also includes online free roam.[/QUOTE]

I'll just throw in my opinion too, the DLC really is worth it. Even if you aren't that big a fan of zombies, it's worth it.

[quote name='madbst']Seriously? Undead Nightmare has a ~10 hour single player campaign. That alone is worth $10. Add in the extra MP stuff, new weapons, challenges, etc., it's the best $10 I've spent all year. I'm only 3 hours in and it's worth it already.[/QUOTE]
But that's a 10 hour 'zombie' storyline. I'd rather if the DLC actually further explained John Marston's backstory and/or explained what happened between(SPOILERS ahead)
when John got killed at the end of the main storyline and when Jack went hunting down the fed who orchestrated the killing.

If they explained that and gave you more normal storyline missions and not some gimmicky zombie crap I'd gladly have paid the $10 on PSN to download it. But otherwise the public free roam(even the 'friendly' one) is garbage due to all of the griefers and since no one who was on my friends list was playing the game without playing the DLC packs it was even more useless for me anymore.
[quote name='Saint Noir']Don't argue with him. It is futile. :)

BTW, the disc also includes online free roam.[/QUOTE]
:razz: Like I said above, if it added a ton of storyline missions to explain what happened after the 'ending' of the game and before the second ending of the game I would've gladly bought it. But 'omg zombies' is a gimmick and best left to games that do it halfway decent(Dead Rising, Resident Evil).

Undead is too garb to have its own retail release. I just hope the losers that buy it play hardcore gangmatches on the new modes and maps. Cheapest you should find a gameshare group because the new weapons own' too bad only the tamohawk and explosive rifle are available in multiplayer.

bread's done
Back