Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare out now!

Can some help me clarify, I've read alot of the posts but still unsure:

So people who got copy from Amazon got 1 code in the box & an email so they got 2 codes and do both work ? I got two copies amazon & best buy don't want to open the amazon copy if i don't 'have' too.

second, when you put these codes in do they show in your download list on your PSN account (are they shareable among your users then?)

[quote name='Romis']Can some help me clarify, I've read alot of the posts but still unsure:

So people who got copy from Amazon got 1 code in the box & an email so they got 2 codes and do both work ? I got two copies amazon & best buy don't want to open the amazon copy if i don't 'have' too.

second, when you put these codes in do they show in your download list on your PSN account (are they shareable among your users then?)[/QUOTE]

no the download doesnt show up in your psn downloads. from what i can tell youre either downloading it from that rockstar site or its basically like codes youd input in games back in the day. like all that stuff is on the disk youre just using the codes to access it.

[quote name='Romis']Can some help me clarify, I've read alot of the posts but still unsure:

second, when you put these codes in do they show in your download list on your PSN account (are they shareable among your users then?)[/QUOTE]
Almost everyone has got a code from inside the box and an email; both have been reported to work save for a few that came in the box. That probably has more to do with busy servers, though. If you get an email, open the Best Buy box so that you get two different DLC.

These codes are entered via ingame menu, so it's impossible to game share AFAIK. What really pisses me off about these promotions is that they're limited print and outside of Amazon are only included inside the case. Anyone wanting to get all three will likely have to buy it off eBay, trade for it, or buy three copies of the game.

Perhaps I'm just not patient enough but I'm just not really enjoying the game. I don't know if the morality slider idea is very good for a game like this... I'm trying to be a good guy but I keep accidentally running over dogs that run in front of my path, or shooting sheriffs that are mixed in with the criminals. I think I'm going to sell mine now, considering the SE is fetching about $70 right now and I only paid $35 I think I'll take some easy money and wait until it's a bit cheaper further down the road.

Any word on whether or not the single player freezing issues on the PS3 version have been fixed or not as of yet? I'm not gonna play the game until those issues are addressed and a patch is put out, since I refuse to keep getting the 3 beep reset on my PS3 every time the damned game freezes.:cry:

It sucks too since I really want to play the game, but I don't wanna risk fuckin' up my PS3 with the system freezing for every 2-3 hours of playtime.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Any word on whether or not the single player freezing issues on the PS3 version have been fixed or not as of yet? I'm not gonna play the game until those issues are addressed and a patch is put out, since I refuse to keep getting the 3 beep reset on my PS3 every time the damned game freezes.:cry:

It sucks too since I really want to play the game, but I don't wanna risk fuckin' up my PS3 with the system freezing for every 2-3 hours of playtime.:cry:[/QUOTE]

That sucks dude. Sorry to hear it. I was gonna send you a friend request for MP. Maybe open a ticket with Rockstar support because enough people made a stink about the invisibility glitches in MP that they acknowledged it and patched it. But I haven't heard much about the your problem so best to make sure they are aware of it. Personally, I had one freeze when I have something like that happen I generally clean out the vents on my ps3 with compressed air and move my system to a more ventilated area (in my case, I open the window right next to my system). Recently, I've had crashes in Red Faction, Final Fantasy 13 and Just Cause. Two of those games are open world with no loading (like RDR) so my guess is there is a lot of content being streamed continuously so the system tends to overheat and might shut down or freeze.

[quote name='carbontiger']That sucks dude. Sorry to hear it. I was gonna send you a friend request for MP. Maybe open a ticket with Rockstar support because enough people made a stink about the invisibility glitches in MP that they acknowledged it and patched it. But I haven't heard much about the your problem so best to make sure they are aware of it. Personally, I had one freeze when I have something like that happen I generally clean out the vents on my ps3 with compressed air and move my system to a more ventilated area (in my case, I open the window right next to my system). Recently, I've had crashes in Red Faction, Final Fantasy 13 and Just Cause. Two of those games are open world with no loading (like RDR) so my guess is there is a lot of content being streamed continuously so the system tends to overheat and might shut down or freeze.[/QUOTE]
My PS3 is in the same exact spot it's always been(up on top of a table)and this is the only game to give me freezing issues as of late. Although I haven't really checked the vents as of late on the console, so I'll probably do that in a bit.

EDIT: I just checked the vents on my PS3 slim and there's a bit of dust on the case by them but nothing in the vents themselves. I've noticed that Red Dead seems to make the PS3's fans run a bit higher than most of the other games. The only other game I've noticed this on is GTA IV Episodes, also from Rockstar.

Are you playing it on the 360 or PS3? And if you're on the PS3, which model of the PS3? I ask because I have the slim and I'm wondering if the freezing is just limited to one specific model of the PS3 or not.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm a dummy. I just saw your XBL tag in your post and it said you were playing on XBox.:wall:#-o

Still no 20 dollar amazon gift card. WTF.... is this going to be emailed to me or added to my account? I go to my account and click "View gift certificate/card balance" and it says 0.00.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Still no 20 dollar amazon gift card. WTF.... is this going to be emailed to me or added to my account? I go to my account and click "View gift certificate/card balance" and it says 0.00.[/QUOTE]

It pretty clearly said that it is sent within 10 business days after the game is released. They have until the end of the month to send it. Calm down.

[quote name='Scorch']It pretty clearly said that it is sent within 10 business days after the game is released. They have until the end of the month to send it. Calm down.[/QUOTE]

Oh really, i was sure it said within 2 business days. Oh well.

How are they sending the $20 amazon credit? Physical mail, as in some code card, or are they going to email it to us (as a redeemable code)?

[quote name='Dasflikko']The credit will be applied to the account you made your purchase with.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the clarification.

[quote name='lokizz']anybody find a bear yet and if so where?[/QUOTE]
I did playing freeroam lol. Somewhere in tall trees there are a bunch. Plus a cabin where cougars respawn like crazy. I tried playing rambo but they overtook me. Then a bear also came along to play.

Love this game lmao.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Are you playing it on the 360 or PS3? And if you're on the PS3, which model of the PS3? I ask because I have the slim and I'm wondering if the freezing is just limited to one specific model of the PS3 or not.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm a dummy. I just saw your XBL tag in your post and it said you were playing on XBox.:wall:#-o[/QUOTE]

I'm on an 80 gig fat

[quote name='lokizz']anybody find a bear yet and if so where?[/QUOTE]
No. But I saw someone on horseback chasing down a buffalo before trying to kill it in single player and I've had more than my fair share of coyote encounters already.

They kept chasing me as I was trying to get the info needed back to the sheriff to get paid for the bounties I completed.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No. But I saw someone on horseback chasing down a buffalo before trying to kill it in single player and I've had more than my fair share of coyote encounters already.

They kept chasing me as I was trying to get the info needed back to the sheriff to get paid for the bounties I completed.[/QUOTE]

Map says the bears are up in the Tall Trees area which I haven't opened yet.

I also just got teabagged by cougar btw, lol! Went into striking stance over my corpse which made it look like that. He actually say 'Damn I hate those things" or something along those lines when I killed one earlier which is what I was thinking.

Cougars = Furry horse seeking missiles. :cry:

>>>Oh and one tip for trying to complete collecting parts for the outfits, you can go into the menu (start) and then select outfit, then find the one you are working on and hit square and it'll give you a zone to look for the next scrape.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Map says the bears are up in the Tall Trees area which I haven't opened yet.

I also just got teabagged by cougar btw, lol! Went into striking stance over my corpse which made it look like that. He actually say 'Damn I hate those things" or something along those lines when I killed one earlier which is what I was thinking.

Cougars = Furry horse seeking missiles. :cry:

>>>Oh and one tip for trying to complete collecting parts for the outfits, you can go into the menu (start) and then select outfit, then find the one you are working on and hit square and it'll give you a zone to look for the next scrape.[/QUOTE]

just wait till you cross a bunch of wild boars. fucker ran away from me when i first started shooting and i thought it was funny enough until he did a 180 and headed right at me. killed him and then 2 more popped up and knocked me off the cliff. i love hunting in this game.

[quote name='The 7th Number']How do you get an old horse back? I had the awesome kentucky one, and then tamed a slow one. I want to go back.[/QUOTE]

If you purchased the Kentucky from a store ( the deed to it ) . Then click the select button then click on the deed, whistle for a horse after it auto-saves and POOF!! There is your horse :D

[quote name='K3NNY']Has anyone gotten their $20 gift card?[/QUOTE]

It is not a gift card. It is a credit that goes towards your account.

either way i still haven't gotten the gift credit or an email back from amazon... the first time I've ever had trouble with them...

[quote name='stevo1002']either way i still haven't gotten the gift credit or an email back from amazon... the first time I've ever had trouble with them...[/QUOTE]

same here , I will give it till the end of today to email em' ;)

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']If you purchased the Kentucky from a store ( the deed to it ) . Then click the select button then click on the deed, whistle for a horse after it auto-saves and POOF!! There is your horse :D[/QUOTE]

Hmmm nah i got it from a mission. I havent bought any horses... dont feel like buying a horse i got for free, especially when its 750 bucks. I dont think i have any horse deeds.

I emailed amazon and they said it would take up to 10 days just like the guy told me here at cag, to get the 20 credit.

So i did all the requirements for the Bollard Twins Outfit, last thing says "purchase at the tailor in Thieves Landing". But when i go there they dont have the suit.

[quote name='The 7th Number']So i did all the requirements for the Bollard Twins Outfit, last thing says "purchase at the tailor in Thieves Landing". But when i go there they dont have the suit.[/QUOTE]

You don't buy the suit, you buy a patch or something for it. They are normally at the top of the list and for $250.

i'm playing on a slim and have had no freezing issues yet. i have about 4-5 hrs logged in atm.

I really wish they would tell you the breed of the horse you are riding on, like when you get in a car in GTA is says what model it is.

Before i complained that the night sky was too bright, well right now im playing with a dark sky filled with stars, looks nice. I guess its not every night you get this.

i read if you are pure evil you get an evil horse. the night sky is really nice sometimes its always differant. the thunderstorm nights are amazing as well.

anyone get there pre-orders to show up ? (PS3) anyone know for sure if the pre-order is suppose to be acccesible in MP, SP, both or what. They really should do a little bit better job at explaining things a video example of stuff would be nice on there site (at least to know if it's working right)

[quote name='Romis']anyone get there pre-orders to show up ? (PS3) anyone know for sure if the pre-order is suppose to be acccesible in MP, SP, both or what. They really should do a little bit better job at explaining things a video example of stuff would be nice on there site (at least to know if it's working right)[/QUOTE]

the preorder bonuses are i believe only for single player and after you input the codes at the title screen for the game they become unlocked during gameplay. the exclusive ps3 content you need to sign up to the rockstar club to get i think you also need to sign up there to play online.

[quote name='elixe']i read if you are pure evil you get an evil horse. the night sky is really nice sometimes its always differant. the thunderstorm nights are amazing as well.[/QUOTE]
I was doing the one mission for Bonnie this morning where you have to keep the big herd of cattle together(two of them ran off a frickin' cliff:cry:)and get them back to the ranch in the middle of a thunderstorm.

The weather effects in this game are just outright insane. I'm very impressed with this game thus far.

I don't wanna jinx myself, but if anyone on the PS3 is having an issue with freezing, you might want to restore your file system by going into the PS3's safe mode.

It's stopped freezing issues on GTA IV before for me, so it may help. I haven't noticed the slowdown at all that I had the other night when I had it freeze on me since I did the restore either.

Oh and before I forget, Free Roam on RDR is insanely fun. I spent an hour or two clearing the one canyon by the ranch of gang members and blowing up their crates of supplies. I haven't tried any of the hunting mini games in Free Roam as of yet, but probably will tonight.

I'm still at a loss as to how to invite other players into my private free roam though, since I don't think there's any option for it in the menus.

[quote name='lokizz']any of you run into that chick running around in her underwear?[/QUOTE]
No. But I ran into one of the prostitutes being assaulted by a uhhh 'customer' last night in Armadillo.

I shot him in the head and it brought up some thing on the screen(upper left corner) about how doing bad deeds or whatever. I was like 'wtf' and I thought for sure that I was going to slide towards being an outlaw for doing that.

Speaking of armadillos, who here has seen one in single or multiplayer? I saw 2-3 of them in the same area out by Hanging Rock this morning right around dusk/dawn.

It's hard tell badguys from citizens,
So far I've shot Crows, Buzzards, Skunks, Raccoons, Deer, Bighorn Sheep, Cougars, Horse, cow (yeah ooops), Coyote, Wolves.

I just wish they gave you the lasso in Free Roam, although maybe it's like the rifle and you have to unlock the items as you go, which would make the free roam a bit more challenging.

What I laughed at in Free Roam though was that you start out riding a donkey. I kept starting to do the Shrek voice whenever I was getting annoyed with him running off while I'm trying to whistle for him.

I NOW know why this game was rated " M " for Nudity and Strong Sexual Content :lol:

click spoiler if u dare :D

I was on a mission " not going to tell you the name of the mission to FULLY spoil it " and as I walked in to talk to this hispanic dude he has his dick out fucking a women whose tits were flopping back and forth :lol :lol: :lol:
I thought it was hilarious because my wife had just walked in :lol:

Sorry for spamming the " :lol:'s "

Saving hookers always gives me positive points. Armadillos are worth a pretty penny so kill'em if you seem'em. I see a lot of them in the northwest area of the map near gaptooth ridge. Them and foxes are worth a lot.

Anyone else thinks they should have differentiated between foxes, wolves and coyotes a little more? I'm doing some of the survivalist and sharpshooter challenges and I don't know what the fuck to kill.

And I'm one mission away from getting the deadly assassin outfit and the fuckin bounty I need won't pop up. Grr..

Hey, Cheapest, have you earned any other skins or mounts from free roam? I tried emptying out a hideout and just got some money out of it. Other than that, I'm at a loss what other activities there are in free roam. I'm gonna read the manual and hopefully get a clue on how the invite system works. Btw, I sent you a friend request.

Anyone else wanna saddle up and try free roam and maybe some structured game types, feel free to send me a friend request.

[quote name='carbontiger']Saving hookers always gives me positive points. Armadillos are worth a pretty penny so kill'em if you seem'em. I see a lot of them in the northwest area of the map near gaptooth ridge. Them and foxes are worth a lot.

Anyone else thinks they should have differentiated between foxes, wolves and coyotes a little more? I'm doing some of the survivalist and sharpshooter challenges and I don't know what the fuck to kill.

And I'm one mission away from getting the deadly assassin outfit and the fuckin bounty I need won't pop up. Grr..

Hey, Cheapest, have you earned any other skins or mounts from free roam? I tried emptying out a hideout and just got some money out of it. Other than that, I'm at a loss what other activities there are in free roam. I'm gonna read the manual and hopefully get a clue on how the invite system works. Btw, I sent you a friend request.

Anyone else wanna saddle up and try free roam and maybe some structured game types, feel free to send me a friend request.[/QUOTE]

oh yeah man hunting gets you all kinds of crazy money. and theres animals everywhere id say 75 percent of my time in the game has been sent hunting and skinning.i already have one of the fastest horses and a few safe houses because of it. i cant wait to lasso a bear.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I NOW know why this game was rated " M " for Nudity and Strong Sexual Content :lol:

click spoiler if u dare :D

I was on a mission " not going to tell you the name of the mission to FULLY spoil it " and as I walked in to talk to this hispanic dude he has his dick out fucking a women whose tits were flopping back and forth :lol :lol: :lol:
I thought it was hilarious because my wife had just walked in :lol:

Sorry for spamming the " :lol:'s "
[/QUOTE]
:lol: While I don't think anything is ever shown(besides the one guy's dick in some full frontal nudity), I used to get a LOL out of Luis' exploits in The Ballad Of Gay Tony. I guess women are so enthralled with your dancing skills that they just wanna fuck. I guess I better learn to dance then.;)
[quote name='carbontiger']Saving hookers always gives me positive points. Armadillos are worth a pretty penny so kill'em if you seem'em. I see a lot of them in the northwest area of the map near gaptooth ridge. Them and foxes are worth a lot.

Anyone else wanna saddle up and try free roam and maybe some structured game types, feel free to send me a friend request.[/QUOTE]
Wait. You need to finish challenges and collect shit to get the Deadly Assassin outfit? I thought it was just enter in the code from the voucher and BAM you get the outfit.

There is a bunch of stuff you get unlocked by clearing out the hideout(s), though I don't recall what exactly I unlocked by getting to level 2.

I keep starting the sharpshooter challenges by shooting birds while on horseback, but then I miss the next 12 shots.:lol:

Only good part is that the auto aim thing from GTA is in this game, which makes shooting the leftover bandits when you take out a bounty easier to nail while riding off to the sheriff.

Unfortunately, I've come across multiple parties of people being robbed in the desert by 4-6 or more bandits and didn't have a weapon drawn. I got killed within 10 seconds.:roll:

[quote name='lokizz']oh yeah man hunting gets you all kinds of crazy money. and theres animals everywhere id say 75 percent of my time in the game has been sent hunting and skinning.i already have one of the fastest horses and a few safe houses because of it. i cant wait to lasso a bear.[/QUOTE]

What horse do you have (name/color)? Did you buy it or wrangle it? I've stuck to the one you get
after the horse wrangling mission for Bonnie
. I guess you have to break in a new one when you get it to have high stamina. Man, they really don't explain much about that kind of stuff. What happened...Rockstar used to explain every little thing in their games.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: While I don't think anything is ever shown(besides the one guy's dick in some full frontal nudity), I used to get a LOL out of Luis' exploits in The Ballad Of Gay Tony. I guess women are so enthralled with your dancing skills that they just wanna fuck. I guess I better learn to dance then.;)

Wait. You need to finish challenges and collect shit to get the Deadly Assassin outfit? I thought it was just enter in the code from the voucher and BAM you get the outfit.

There is a bunch of stuff you get unlocked by clearing out the hideout(s), though I don't recall what exactly I unlocked by getting to level 2.

I keep starting the sharpshooter challenges by shooting birds while on horseback, but then I miss the next 12 shots.:lol:

Only good part is that the auto aim thing from GTA is in this game, which makes shooting the leftover bandits when you take out a bounty easier to nail while riding off to the sheriff.

Unfortunately, I've come across multiple parties of people being robbed in the desert by 4-6 or more bandits and didn't have a weapon drawn. I got killed within 10 seconds.:roll:[/QUOTE]

The nudity in Lost & Damned was hilarious! The fact that the dude was walking about with his junk swinging around like it was no big deal made it even funnier.

The only outfit that doesn't require you do do like 5-6 different challenges is the gentleman's suit (which you get for linking your PSN ID with your Social Club account. And I can see why it doesn't require you to do anything because its ability to let you cheat in poker is kind of worthless). Other than that, yeah all of the outfits need to to be unlocked in game. I don't mind it since it adds depth to the game and you have to earn each one. Better than handing you a BFG and letting you break the game easily.

871587546_8WNjR-L.jpg

I guess the dead eye slo mo doesn't work in free roam so you can get fucked up pretty fast. That's my only gripe with the game so far, the health on your character is low that you can die from 2-3 shots. You're almost reliant on dead eye.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back