Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare out now!

[quote name='carbontiger']
Anyone else thinks they should have differentiated between foxes, wolves and coyotes a little more? I'm doing some of the survivalist and sharpshooter challenges and I don't know what the fuck to kill.[/QUOTE]

The Wolves and Coyotes always come in packs it seems. The wolves are far more aggressive and have deeper "barks". They won't scatter until you hit or kill one in the pack then they will most likely bolt.

The coyote are smaller and have higher pitched and longer yelps. They won't bother you usually when you're on your horse but on foot they will gang up if too. Just shooting near them seems to scare them off for me.

Foxes are usually solo and are very skittish.

To help with hunting, find or buy some bait. You can get it from the gun shops I believe. Use the in-game map, or the map from the game box and go to the locations where the animals are printed. Find a spot and use a bait from your kit. Have to move away from the spot but something should come out of the wilderness to investigate fairly quickly.

[quote name='carbontiger']What horse do you have (name/color)? Did you buy it or wrangle it? I've stuck to the one you get
after the horse wrangling mission for Bonnie
. I guess you have to break in a new one when you get it to have high stamina. Man, they really don't explain much about that kind of stuff. What happened...Rockstar used to explain every little thing in their games.

The nudity in Lost & Damned was hilarious! The fact that the dude was walking about with his junk swinging around like it was no big deal made it even funnier.

The only outfit that doesn't require you do do like 5-6 different challenges is the gentleman's suit (which you get for linking your PSN ID with your Social Club account. And I can see why it doesn't require you to do anything because its ability to let you cheat in poker is kind of worthless). Other than that, yeah all of the outfits need to to be unlocked in game. I don't mind it since it adds depth to the game and you have to earn each one. Better than handing you a BFG and letting you break the game easily.

871587546_8WNjR-L.jpg

I guess the dead eye slo mo doesn't work in free roam so you can get fucked up pretty fast. That's my only gripe with the game so far, the health on your character is low that you can die from 2-3 shots. You're almost reliant on dead eye.[/QUOTE]

i bought it from the general store its called
a kentucky soldier costs 750 bucks.

If anyone wants to jump on a Free Roam and invite me I should be on in a bit. I just have to restart my DSL modem(whopping 768kbps:lol:), so don't be surprised if I'm jumping all over the screen in game.:D

Wilheim Scream confirmed in the game. I was doing a mission to save a sheriff from some bandits and I shot one in the chest and he let out the 'scream'. I laughed way too hard at that because it was totally unexpected. It was the typical grunts, death gurgles, yells, last words, WILHEIM SCREAM, and more death screams.

i spoke too soon i froze for the first time earliar this morning, i think it also has to do with the recent patch. i read a lot of freezing issues with 3d dot game too which i've had freeze 2-3 times already.

[quote name='Fatesealer']Wilheim Scream confirmed in the game. I was doing a mission to save a sheriff from some bandits and I shot one in the chest and he let out the 'scream'. I laughed way too hard at that because it was totally unexpected. It was the typical grunts, death gurgles, yells, last words, WILHEIM SCREAM, and more death screams.[/QUOTE]

I've heard the Wilheim several times in the game already both multiplayer and single player.. cracks me up everytime :)

[quote name='Fatesealer']Wilheim Scream confirmed in the game. I was doing a mission to save a sheriff from some bandits and I shot one in the chest and he let out the 'scream'. I laughed way too hard at that because it was totally unexpected. It was the typical grunts, death gurgles, yells, last words, WILHEIM SCREAM, and more death screams.[/QUOTE]

what is it with the screaming in this game anyway? Almost every time I shoot someone in town people run off screaming like maniacs and they keep on screaming and screaming, makes me want to shoot them to get them to shut up.
I love this game so far, been playing multiplayer a lot as well, but seems like it's pretty hard to find a full group on there, usually 6 people or less per game i've been in.

If anyone wants to invite me please feel free, psn name is saadskel

[quote name='saad77']what is it with the screaming in this game anyway? Almost every time I shoot someone in town people run off screaming like maniacs and they keep on screaming and screaming, makes me want to shoot them to get them to shut up.
I love this game so far, been playing multiplayer a lot as well, but seems like it's pretty hard to find a full group on there, usually 6 people or less per game i've been in.

If anyone wants to invite me please feel free, psn name is saadskel[/QUOTE]

yep mp isnt what they hyped it up to be ive cleared out every gang hideout and most times when you get near any other players they try and kill you. sp is where its at i was trying to get some place and i hear this chick screaming for help i go over and shes running by being chased by 2 mountain lions craziest damn shit ever.if my dead eye meter wasnt full shed have gotten killed.

Is the exclusive PS3 content any good? One is an Outfit, and the other is a Hideout....I saw he outfit, what is the hideout? After seeing comparison between the two, I may return my PS3 for 360.

Yea, I hate playing freeroam with randoms because every time you see someone all they do is shoot you. Assholes.

It's fun clearing out hideouts and just running around with people though, but there are way too many idiots online.

[quote name='NamPaehc']The Wolves and Coyotes always come in packs it seems. The wolves are far more aggressive and have deeper "barks". They won't scatter until you hit or kill one in the pack then they will most likely bolt.

The coyote are smaller and have higher pitched and longer yelps. They won't bother you usually when you're on your horse but on foot they will gang up if too. Just shooting near them seems to scare them off for me.
[/QUOTE]

That helped! Thanks.

I read a post on Gamefaqs where people are basically saying that private free roam should be used to do hideouts and hunting and public free roam=free for all and not to complain that you haven't been warned. Sounds like a bunch of thugs.

I tried to rob the bank in Armadillo with the bandanna on and even though you don't lose fame or good "karma" you still get a bounty. Wtf? That doesn't even make any sense. Sooo not worth it since the bounty ended up being more than what was in the bank.

I really shouldn't play this before bed. I had a dream last night where I stole a bag of gold from Seth and he started chasing me on all fours like Gollum, screaming and salivating like a hyena and then jumped on me while shrieking then pulled out his knife to cut me up. That's when I woke up. :lol:

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I NOW know why this game was rated " M " for Nudity and Strong Sexual Content :lol:

click spoiler if u dare :D

I was on a mission " not going to tell you the name of the mission to FULLY spoil it " and as I walked in to talk to this hispanic dude he has his dick out fucking a women whose tits were flopping back and forth :lol :lol: :lol:
I thought it was hilarious because my wife had just walked in :lol:

Sorry for spamming the " :lol:'s "
[/QUOTE]

Do you remember what that mission is called, or which person triggers it? I kind of want to avoid playing that with people around lol.

This is the first game where the MP feels like I can actually compete and gain levels and have fun versus OH NOES YOU DEAD AGAIN that other games' Multiplayer has been (I'm looking at you, RFG).

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Still haven't gotten my gift card. I don't remember it taking this long when I preordered MW2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no one has received it I believe. Customer Support said to give it about 10 days ;)

* If the order is placed before 11:59pm Pacific time on May 17th, they’ll receive a $20 gift card via e-mail within 10 days of the release date.

* If the order is placed between May 18th at 2 pm Pacific time and May 20th at 10:00 am Pacific time, a $20 promotional credit for the Video Game Store will be applied to their account within 2 business days after the item ships.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I just made it to mexico, and already put in 1 days, 13 hours, 3 minutes, and 42 seconds of play. Ive done 25 missions. 37.6% complete.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. I did like 5 or 6 missions and did some hunting, treasure hunting, stranger missions and 1 hideout and it said 25%, so I was worried that it was a short game having done only a few story missions.

Well, two crashes for me today. One during the first bounty mission where the framerate got extremely choppy until it finally crashed to XMB. The second during a cutscene FFS, which fully froze my system. This game was really pushed out the door with a shitload of bugs, many of which will never be fixed I'm sure.

The game is really good, but there's some glaring design flaws that really bring the funfactor down. The biggest being events and how they're handled. By that I mean sometimes you will see a man being chased by riders for example, but zero indication of who is good vs bad on the minimap. Why oh why, when they clearly mark enemies as red dots almost everywhere else, did they decide not to for this? It happens for almost every single event until they start shooting at you, so unless you've done that particular event you have no fucking clue what to expect. One cart chase event even mislabels the bad guy as blue! Did this just NOT come up in playtesting? Just incredible.

My other problem with the game is the poorly conducted tutorial. They essentially let you off the leash too early and even point you in the wrong direction before you get some very vital equipment. I ended up being ten hours into the game before finding out I should have finished up the bitch's missions for a lasso. The same bitch that suggested I do missions for the Marshal first! Nevermind the fact that roping up enemies will score you more money, fame, and honor for most missions! Point is, if you're going to make certain equipment impact the game largely, I better not even be out of the ranch to explore until you're done teaching me and giving me everything. That's just game design 101.

And what's with changing how dead eye works halfway through the first quarter of the game? What the fuck is the point of teaching us how to use dead eye with single shots when we're just going to be forced to use a marking system for the rest of the game? In fact, the single shot system is better and more efficient since anything you mark past a headshot (accidental or not) is just a waste of bullets. Their logic just makes no damn sense.

Beyond that, the game is a lot of fun and captures the Wild West perfectly. Very good voice acting, some of the strongest I've ever seen in a game so bravo to Rockstar on that note. I'll probably play through it again with a guide so I can find everything they've hidden away once I'm done. Highly recommended, but be prepared for a frustrating ride at times thanks to the shortcomings of design and bugs.

And fuck ninja-cougars who don't announce themselves with a wildcat cry. Died twice picking, can't believe I'm typing this, flowers for some cocks wife. The things I do for fame. . .

[quote name='Jodou']

And fuck ninja-cougars who don't announce themselves with a wildcat cry. Died twice picking, can't believe I'm typing this, flowers for some cocks wife. The things I do for fame. . .[/QUOTE]

lmao cant help but to laugh at that i went online a bit ago and got dropped right in the path of 2 of them. one killed my damn donkey and the other ran off. havent had the game crash but i have noticed the way shit pops i and out and those odd discolorations of things.

and all the mp asshole who go out of their way to kill you for some reason or another. the lasso thing kinda pissd me off too since you get more money for alive criminals than dead and if id had it sooner alot of those missions could have been worth more. btw has anyone unlocked the lasso in mp or is it even in mp?

[quote name='lokizz']lmao cant help but to laugh at that i went online a bit ago and got dropped right in the path of 2 of them. one killed my damn donkey and the other ran off. havent had the game crash but i have noticed the way shit pops i and out and those odd discolorations of things.

and all the mp asshole who go out of their way to kill you for some reason or another. the lasso thing kinda pissd me off too since you get more money for alive criminals than dead and if id had it sooner alot of those missions could have been worth more. btw has anyone unlocked the lasso in mp or is it even in mp?[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure you have to unlock the lasso in mp, since I had to unlock the rifles in mp as well.

But I know what you mean about the aholes in mp who go out of their way to kill you. I get alot of those in the GTA multiplayer.

I guess it's not enough that I leave the cops on, have tons of peds and alot of cars for them to shoot at.

My game froze today twice. Just now it froze on the first mission for De Santa. Man thats annoying because its a long ride, with a lot of talk. Then you do the mission and you think its over, but its not. Thats when it froze. Also before that i collected a lot of vulture feathers, chicken feathers, and skinned a goat. All lost.

Oh and i was hunting bobcats today and for some reason the lock on targeting wasnt working right on them. It did a couple times but for the most part i couldnt lock on them. It was really annoying. But it would lock on to an armadillo.

Game froze on me once, glitched on me once.

Glitched on me when I picked up a bounty, bounty wasn't at location AND opening bounty note made it so I could never get the "select" button screen to come up. Literally no way to fix it from what I can tell, so had to load an older save.(had to kill 2 more rabbits =/)

Froze on me when I got the guys to appear for THAT EXACT SAME BOUNTY killed the bounties helpers, hogtied the bounty and then backup arrived and it froze.

Other then that...I love this game. I'll just be riding along and "Oh man, Deer!" and start firing. Lots of nice random locations, and I love the voice acting, strangers, and random events.

Lassoed a bounty, dragged him on my horse, the guy survived a cougar attack(or it missed), but then he died a minute later.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Froze on me when I got the guys to appear for THAT EXACT SAME BOUNTY killed the bounties helpers, hogtied the bounty and then backup arrived and it froze.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, sounds like there's a serious bug with the script for generating pursuers since I had mine freeze once there, too.

I have put in :

2 DAYS, 7 HOURS and am at 73%

I guess the reason I am only at 73% is because I have helped/finished all the stranger mission I have come across before going to the next story mission ;)

For those with freezing issues, you guys might want to try doing the file restore option from the safe mode menu on the PS3.

I haven't even had the game slow down at all after doing the restore, so that may be an option.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Freezing issue confirmed, at least for me. It happened to me while I approached two mexican police authorities about to execute a criminal.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of this random event, i dont understand what im supposed to do. If i shoot the mexican cops i get a wanted price. It doesnt make much sense to shoot someone who is going to be shot. So im clueless on what you should do.

Today i met one of those random events where the lady asks for help, and when you go over to her some men come out from behind the stage coach. Usually i let her run away, but this time since i almost died, i tied her up and layed her on the railroad tracks. The outcome was worth the wait. ;)

Ive been trying to do all the challenges. The collecting flowers one i cant do since i havent unlocked the tall trees area. But for the hunting one, OMG im supposed to kill
2 cougars with my knife! How in the world am i supposed to do that. I just got killed by one when i was trying to kill some boars. Actually i killed two cougars then when i went to skin them, one is running at me 90 miles an hour. I got knocked down and by the time i got to my feet he hit me again and i was dead.

This game is great, i dont even warp to towns using the stage coach. I would much rather take a horse and ride there. I dont know why but i get enjoyment out of riding there myself. Plus i can run into many things on the way like animals i might want to skin, or random missions, or even a random person.

And the glitches continue.

Behold. The elusive Donkey Lady.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q7v4F8r9Og

Not my video, but LOL worthy.

While I was in a free roam tonight with a fellow CAG clearing out the gang hideouts repeatedly, he stepped on a spot on the ground and was projectiled up in the air. It was kind of like that other video I posted the other day with the horse and wagon going flying straight up in the air.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']And the glitches continue.

Behold. The elusive Donkey Lady.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q7v4F8r9Og

Not my video, but LOL worthy.

While I was in a free roam tonight with a fellow CAG clearing out the gang hideouts repeatedly, he stepped on a spot on the ground and was projectiled up in the air. It was kind of like that other video I posted the other day with the horse and wagon going flying straight up in the air.[/QUOTE]

lol, the game does glitch a lot. In mutliplayer horses and people would disappear on me and my friends. I flew into the air 1 time during free roam, and it was when I did the dive for cover and my character catapulted into the air. My friend was like "Oh shit, did you see that?"

But, moments like this make up for it.(Found on GameFAQs.)

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']lol, the game does glitch a lot. In mutliplayer horses and people would disappear on me and my friends. I flew into the air 1 time during free roam, and it was when I did the dive for cover and my character catapulted into the air. My friend was like "Oh shit, did you see that?"

But, moments like this make up for it.(Found on GameFAQs.)
[/QUOTE]
I found the Donkey Lady video on the same thread on GameFaqs, I think.:lol:

I'm pretty used to glitches in Rockstar games by now though, since I've been having fun with them since GTA III on PS2/Xbox with the 'blue hells' and other serious screwups.

[quote name='RamzaBehoulve']So many glitches. It's almost unacceptable.

On PC, this would have been flamed to hell and beyond.[/QUOTE]

Which makes you wonder how this game nearly received such a perfect score. This game, ladies and gentlemen, says a lot about the ratings and the gaming industry. I don't think Rockstar will get around to fixing half of these glitches, but aside from the single player it's pretty damn fun showing my girl floating geometry and pointing out the sloppy development of this game.

If this would have been on PC at least Rockstar could have addressed a lot of these issues easier than on the console.

Froze on me once so far - during the cutscene after the final mission in the first area. haven't turned the game back on yet, but I'm guessing i'll have to do that entire mission over.

Also I do get random mission fails at points - once during a cattle herding mission with Bonnie, the game told me to go to Bonnie and once I got near her I got a fail screen saying that I abandoned the herd.

[quote name='diddy310']Froze on me once so far - during the cutscene after the final mission in the first area. haven't turned the game back on yet, but I'm guessing i'll have to do that entire mission over.

Also I do get random mission fails at points - once during a cattle herding mission with Bonnie, the game told me to go to Bonnie and once I got near her I got a fail screen saying that I abandoned the herd.[/QUOTE]
I kept moving the herd all the way back up to Bonnie in that mission and then it led to the end cutscene for that mission.

As for the freezing, like I've mentioned before(numerous times already)try restoring the file system on your PS3 as that may help with the freezing issues.

Are you reading the newspapers? They often provide some hilarious reads; especially after a certain kidnapping ('they say it was a crime of passion, but she is a spinster of 29 years, well past marriageable and childbearing years so it seems implausible...')

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']Just a question did anyone get the patch Rockstar released?[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming it was a server patch, because I've seen nothing.

Anyone else try to lasso the 'knife-man' (the one threatening a prostitute) in Armadillo only to have him instantly die once you do? The best explanation I have is that he falls on his knife, but I'm guessing it's just another bug since it happens every time for me.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm assuming it was a server patch, because I've seen nothing.

Anyone else try to lasso the 'knife-man' (the one threatening a prostitute) in Armadillo only to have him instantly die once you do? The best explanation I have is that he falls on his knife, but I'm guessing it's just another bug since it happens every time for me.[/QUOTE]

I was able to lasso and hog time him.

[quote name='The 7th Number']
Ive been trying to do all the challenges. The collecting flowers one i cant do since i havent unlocked the tall trees area. But for the hunting one, OMG im supposed to kill
2 cougars with my knife! How in the world am i supposed to do that. I just got killed by one when i was trying to kill some boars. Actually i killed two cougars then when i went to skin them, one is running at me 90 miles an hour. I got knocked down and by the time i got to my feet he hit me again and i was dead.
[/QUOTE]

The way I did that was to...

Wound them first! Figure out how many shots it take takes to kill them when you hit them in the BODY with pistol or something. So if it is 3 shots, hit them twice then chase them down and stab them.

[quote name='diddy310']Froze on me once so far - during the cutscene after the final mission in the first area. haven't turned the game back on yet, but I'm guessing i'll have to do that entire mission over.

Also I do get random mission fails at points - once during a cattle herding mission with Bonnie, the game told me to go to Bonnie and once I got near her I got a fail screen saying that I abandoned the herd.[/QUOTE]

in that same mission i was always missing a cow . i dont know where the one other one went or if there even was one. the cover system is shit too every time i try to use it to avoid being shot i end up on the worst possible side of the obest im trying to hide behind.

especially in mp and its hard to line up your character with some stairs and ladders. and wtf is with enemies being able to snipe you so easily from any number of distances?

[quote name='Jodou']I'm assuming it was a server patch, because I've seen nothing.

Anyone else try to lasso the 'knife-man' (the one threatening a prostitute) in Armadillo only to have him instantly die once you do? The best explanation I have is that he falls on his knife, but I'm guessing it's just another bug since it happens every time for me.[/QUOTE]

could you shoot his knife out of his hand?

Got an awesome one before I left for work and took pics that i'll post later. I was jumping up to the roof of a train car to do the "shoot 5 birds from a moving train" objective and fell through the train and ended up in the southeast part of the map in an area that I haven't been to yet floating pretty far above the ground. I could run in place and shoot,but no way to kill myself, so I had to reload from my last save (which was thankfully right before I got on the train)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As for the freezing, like I've mentioned before(numerous times already)try restoring the file system on your PS3 as that may help with the freezing issues.[/QUOTE]

How exactly do you do this? I don't want to screw something up and have saves deleted.

[quote name='carbontiger']How exactly do you do this? I don't want to screw something up and have saves deleted.[/QUOTE]
Turn on your PS3 via the reset/power button on the front of the PS3. Hold the button till the system goes off the first time. Then turn it on again that way and continue holding down on the button until you hear three beeps(two of which will be in quick succession one after another). Let go of the button after that second quick beep.

Then just follow the on screen prompts(plug in controller via USB cable, etc).

Select option 3 from the list(restore file system) and then just let the system do what it has to do. It'll restart after the process is done.

With this process, you will have to reset your video setting(480i, 720p, etc), but that part of the process occurs before you get into the safe mode menu to start the restore file process.

[quote name='mwynn']I was able to lasso and hog time him.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lokizz']could you shoot his knife out of his hand?[/QUOTE]
I was finally able to tie one up, so it's a bug. Not sure what triggers it, but for me it's just random.

And speaking of glitches, oh man get ready for a laugh-fest:

[quote name='mwynn']I was able to lasso and hog time him.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lokizz']could you shoot his knife out of his hand?[/QUOTE]
I was finally able to tie one up, so it's a bug. Not sure what triggers it, but for me it's just random.

And speaking of glitches, oh man get ready for a laugh-fest:

Cougar Man!
Rudolph, The Flying Reindeer

played the game for the first time today and tried the online free roam. Started walking toward another person when he proceeded to shoot me for no reason at all. I ended up dying. Is this normal?

[quote name='pogipinoy27']played the game for the first time today and tried the online free roam. Started walking toward another person when he proceeded to shoot me for no reason at all. I ended up dying. Is this normal?[/QUOTE]

80% will shoot you. they think its PvP, which is stupid. If you want Death match, go to DM. I had a good group of other CAGs. possed up. we were able to finish a few hideouts.

bread's done
Back