Reggie Fils-Aime Says the Hardcore is "Insatiable"

[quote name='depascal22']Yeah, the whole rabid fanbase for Mother 3 is a little misleading. I have no doubt that alot of people would love to see the game on the VC but it's nothing like the people lining up to get Madden or Halo. Those are rabid fanbases.[/quote]

Well I didn't say large fanbase, I said rabid! ;)

Concerning sales, have any numbers been released anywhere (Nintendo or developer) on Wiiware sales? Would 30K be a good number or is it 100K? From what I saw on VC game sales a few months back, dl games don't sell as well as I had thought they would.

[quote name='mogamer']Well I didn't say large fanbase, I said rabid! ;)[/quote]

That's why it's not coming out. They could go through the effort but the rabid fanbase might not buy it because of who did the translation or the color palette was a little off or the sound was slightly garbled. It's not worth the time and effort because fanboys are never satisfied. Why throw the rabid fanbase a bone when they'll just spit right back?

I'm feeling Reggie on this one... All you guys who go through like five new games a month, I don't know how you play them that fast. I think it's kind of sad that a new game has to make all of its sales in the first two weeks, because anything older than that has already been discarded and forgotten by the 'hardcore' who've moved on to the next big hype. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned how Super Mario Bros. 3 was popular for years and years... maybe that wasn't a bad thing.

Ah well, you guys have your 360 and I have my Wii. (Still working on Super Mario Galaxy and No More Heroes! ;))

Super Mario Bros. 3 was popular because gamers used to get one or two games a year. The demographic for gaming was much younger back then. We've grown up with games and now we have disposable income that can be used instead of begging for games for Christmas and birthday.

Yeah, that's a big part of it. But even when I was young (I was 11 or 12 when SMB3 came out in 1990--don't recall the month it launched) I didn't play games over and over that much.

I certainly replayed games more than I do now, both due to having to depend on my parents to buy games and games being much shorter back then. But generally I'd still just beat a game and not play it all that much afterwards. I'd just do other stuff besides gaming when I had beaten all the games I had at the time, generally sports since I played a lot when I was younger. But gaming's never been my number 1 hobby, so it may have been different for others.

I agree with that. I was always outside so I never really needed that many games in the first place. SMB3 and Sonic were the games that could be played over and over though.

bread's done
Back