Resident Evil 5 for $19.99 W/ Trade-In of 2 Selected Titles @ GS

ChunkyLover78

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I went to GS today and they had a flyer that said Resident Evil 5 would cost $19.99 with the trade in of 2 selected titles.

Here is the whole list of the Qualified Games that you can trade in:

:wii: Wii:
Animal Crossings: City Folk
Ben 10: Alien Force
Big League Sports
Boom Box
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 09
Cabela's Legendary Adventure
Call of Duty: WaW
Carnival Games
Carnival Games: Mini-Golf
Crash: Mind Over Mutant
de Blob
Deadly Creatures
Ferrari Challenge
Guitar Hero: WT
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Hasbro Family Game Night
House of the Dead: Overkill
Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum 09
Karaoke Revolution: American Idol Encore
Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warrior
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Lego Batman
Lego Indian Jones
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Madden NFL 09 All-Play
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
Martio Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Mario Super Sluggers
Monopoly
Nartuo: Clash of Ninja 2
Need for Speed: Undercover
NHL 2K9
HPPL Championship Paintball 09
Pitfall: The Big Adventure
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Price is Right
Quantium of Solace
Rapala Fishing Frenzy
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil: Umbrealla Chronicles
Rock Band 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
SimAnimals
Skate it
Sonic Unleashed
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels
Star Wars: the Force Unleashed
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Tenchu: Shadow Assassin
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 All Play
Wario Ware
Smooth Moves
Wii Music
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 09

:ps3: PS3:
Afro Samurai
Armored Core: For Answer
BioShock
Blitz, The League II
Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare
Dead Space
Disgaea 3: Absense of Justice
Eternal Sonata
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
FEAR 2: Project Origin
FIFA Soccer 09
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grid
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Lego Batman
Lego Indian Jones
LittleBigPlanet
Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Madden NFL 09
Madden NFL 09 Collector's Edition
Metal Gear Sold 4: Guns of the Patriots
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Mirror's Edge
Monopoly
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
NBA 2K9
NBA Live 09
NCAA Basketball 09
NCAA Football 09
NHL 09
NPPL Championship Paintball 09
Prince of Persia
Pro Evolution Soccer 09
Pure
Quantum of Solace
Rapala's Fishing Frenzy
Resistance 2
Rise of the Argonauts
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Skate 2
Sonic Unleashed
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09
Tom Clancy's End War
Tomb Raider Underworld
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Valkyria Chronicles
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 09
X-Blades

:360: 360
Afro Samurai
Armored Core; For Answer
Bajo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Blitz, The League II
Call of Duty 4: MW
Crash: Mind Over Mutant
Dead space
Destroy All Humans 3: Path of the Furon
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
FEAR 2: Project Origin
FIFA Soccer 09
Gears of War 2
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Halo 3
Infinite Undiscovery
Last Remnant
Left 4 Dead
Lego Batman
LIPS w/ 2 Wireless Mics (Required)
Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Madden NFL 09
Madden NFL 09 Collectors' Edition
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Mirror's Edge
Monopoly
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Naruto: The Broken Bond
NBA 2K9
NBA Live 09
NCAA Basketball 09
NCAA Football 09
NHL 09
NPPL Championship Paintball 09
Prince of Persia
Pro Evolution Soccer 09
Pure
Quantum of Solace
Race Pro
Rise of the Argonauts
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Scene It 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Skate 2
Sonic Unleashed
SoulCalibur IV
Tales of Vesperia
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09
Tom Clancy's End War
Tomb Raider Underworld
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 09
X-Blades

Offer Expires: 4/5/09

Thanks anthonyd46 for the scan:
2s197oy.jpg

Really isn't the best list but seeing it expires 4/05, some games might drop by then

Last edited by a moderator:
before I started researching game prices and comparing them, I always bought games at gamestop, but after I knew what most games are worth and where to get them, Gamestop is a total rip off for used games, the only great thing about gamestop is you can get old accessories for cheap, and you can get gamestop exclusive pre-order bonuses, and also buy certain older titles, but other than that, gamestop is the biggest rip off ever in the game industry, and I hate buying things over the market value, they sell used games at new game prices!!!! It's totally rediculous.

Also with the 40%+edge trade 6 deal coming this will be a hard choice, I have pure, MGS4, that I got cheap, but some other to get rid of ..hmmmm

Hmmm I may trade NHL 09 and NBA Live 09 for the PS3 for this... The thing is, I reserved the CE of RE5. I wonder how this will work...

Yeah, I don't really think this is a great deal at all - if you have these games and don't want them, you can still get a few dollars more than $20 for them on ebay and the like. I'm a game keeper, so I rarely sell my games, but maybe if you work as a trader all the time with GS, it's a decent deal if you can get a couple of those games at Target for cheap for under $20.

[quote name='Lucci YaYo']before I started researching game prices and comparing them, I always bought games at gamestop, but after I knew what most games are worth and where to get them, Gamestop is a total rip off for used games, the only great thing about gamestop is you can get old accessories for cheap, and you can get gamestop exclusive pre-order bonuses, and also buy certain older titles, but other than that, gamestop is the biggest rip off ever in the game industry, and I hate buying things over the market value, they sell used games at new game prices!!!! It's totally rediculous.[/quote]

You should research even more.

Off Topic: The only thing I really like about GS is, if there's a new game that just came out for 59.99, I will look a used one when they have one for 49.99 (w/ Edge card). If I don't like it, I simply return it to them within 7 days no questions asked. I will NEVER trade my games there and try to get cash for them. Their tiv are just ridiculous.

[quote name='Lucci YaYo']before I started researching game prices and comparing them, I always bought games at gamestop, but after I knew what most games are worth and where to get them, Gamestop is a total rip off for used games, the only great thing about gamestop is you can get old accessories for cheap, and you can get gamestop exclusive pre-order bonuses, and also buy certain older titles, but other than that, gamestop is the biggest rip off ever in the game industry, and I hate buying things over the market value, they sell used games at new game prices!!!! It's totally rediculous.[/quote]

[quote name='Yanksfan']You should research even more.[/quote]

Yeah, you should definitely research more. Your problem probably is that you don't shop with coupons. Used games at new game prices? I suppose you're referring to something like Fallout 3 going for $54.99 used. Well, if you have an Edge card you get 10% off right there and even with just the 10% off coupon it comes out to $44 for the game. Most of the time if you want to make a larger purchase you should wait for at least the 20% off coupon which will end up making the $55 game $38.50. Gamestop has good prices on used games if you use their coupons. In fact, the only place I think you can get games cheaper is Craigslist and that's only if you find someone who isn't a douchebag. That and the random clearance sale.

Ugh.. I remember how favorable this kind of promotion was for MK Wii and even though the one in November ramped up a little bit, I still got LBP for Cooking Mama Wii, Hotd 2/3 Wii and $20 (Still like that deal). I have whittled down my PS3/Wii games to what I consider keepers and have a really hard time swallowing this list. RE5 will sell millions of copies and be easy to find cheap too soon in the future to bite. I'll scour goozex and burn a few extra hundred points over 1000 to get it done if it's reasonable, but most likely not.

I'm seriously considering jumping on the CE version of RE5 if for no other reason than resale value. If it turns out to be as good a game as RE4 was, the CE will be worth well over $100 in a few years.

Anyway, if not I think this deal is pretty good, at least for PS3 owners. I got GTA4 with another game for $15 from BBV earlier. I don't think I could find another copy of GTA4 there but if I did that'd effectively be $30 at BBV for $40 off RE5 and I still keep the other game I got (actually I already sold it... for like $10). I think this one's only really worth it if you were already looking to offload one of these titles. Obviously no one will half a brain is going to trade two copies of LBP for $40 off, so quit complaining about it being a bad deal. It's good if you make it good, just like everything else related to Gamestop.

I'll be trading in a mix of EndWar, CoD4, and Lego Batman. I'm not sure which, probably CoD4 and EndWar (this is a great deal for me, because I got CoD4 for free, I spent $18 or less on EndWar, and will just be paying $19.99 for RE5 - so in total, I spent about $40.00 for RE5).

Found a copy of GTA4 for cheap (Thanks Radio Shack) so I will be in on this deal....wonder if I can just trade in two copies of GTA4

So you get $20 for both games or do you get $20 trade in on top of the trade in value per game.

Either way, this might be the time for me to dump GH:WT and something else.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I'll be trading in a mix of EndWar, CoD4, and Lego Batman. I'm not sure which, probably CoD4 and EndWar (this is a great deal for me, because I got CoD4 for free, I spent $18 or less on EndWar, and will just be paying $19.99 for RE5 - so in total, I spent about $40.00 for RE5).[/QUOTE]

Why people think like this?

Let's say you got a game for free that sells for $50 on average, gamestop if giving you like $20, so the deal is for gamestop not for you.

Maybe is convenient for some people, but these are games you can sell easily..

So I tried to do this deal tonight and apparently you trade them in when you pick up the games. This is awesome!

So basically, you pick up 2 Target clearance games, hold on to them with the receipt, price adjust them when they drop to $7.48 in a week or two, then voila -- RE5 for about $35 :applause:

[quote name='cerot']Why people think like this?

Let's say you got a game for free that sells for $50 on average, gamestop if giving you like $20, so the deal is for gamestop not for you.

Maybe is convenient for some people, but these are games you can sell easily..[/QUOTE]

You're wrong. These are target clearance games that won't be worth $20 by the end of the week.

Actually for me it's a decent deal because I paid $20 for Tiger Woods 09 so I'm getting the $20 back and I think I paid around $20 for Civ. Revolutions because it was a 30% off used sale. So even though I've had these games for a while I'm getting back my money. Good deal for me.

Would be a good reason to trade in some games... but it looks like I'll have to pass buying RE5 as a whole because I need to save some cash because college is around the corner :( I'll be borrowing it from a friend though so that's good enough :)

[quote name='dipset121']crapppy deal[/quote]
no its not you can get GTA4 at most BBV stores for $14 if you can land another cheap game like Far Cry 2 for $15 at Target you can turn $30 into $40 credit and save $10.

for people like me who have already paid part of Resident Evil 5 off at Gamestop this could be worth it.

i got Bioshock on the PS3 for $20 if i beat it and am done with it and i go buy GTA4 from Blockbuster for $15 i can walk out the door with RE5 for like $6 more. or i could go to Target and stash a few clearance games behind movies nobody would buy and wait a few weeks and come out cheaper.

this deal is for the filppers that find games cheap not the full retail purchasers.

Listen this deal only applies to a select few, most of the games that you'll own with this deal will get you more credit by trading it in towards the game seperately with edge+the promo discount, I got +$10, +20% off 3 games, +10%(with edge). I was told this deal only really applies to the people that already put down the minimum $5 preorder, and are looking to pay off the rest of their tab. Otherwise for those who are pt and wait will end up with a better deal. I got $38 credit with Mirror's Edge, Lost Planet, and Burnout :revenge

[quote name='winb83']no its not you can get GTA4 at most BBV stores for $14 if you can land another cheap game like Far Cry 2 for $15 at Target you can turn $30 into $40 credit and save $10.

for people like me who have already paid part of Resident Evil 5 off at Gamestop this could be worth it.

i got Bioshock on the PS3 for $20 if i beat it and am done with it and i go buy GTA4 from Blockbuster for $15 i can walk out the door with RE5 for like $6 more. or i could go to Target and stash a few clearance games behind movies nobody would buy and wait a few weeks and come out cheaper.

this deal is for the filppers that find games cheap not the full retail purchasers.[/quote]

Is it really worth going through the hassle of buying and swapping games just for $5-10 worth of credit? BTW I have seen GTA for $20 or so, but not less than that. And the lowest I've seen a new copy of Farcry is $35, idk about the used version for farcry, but if you could point me in the right direction(ie link me plz) where such a deal resides. I'd see your point, but as i said, this deal onlyl works for a select few.

yes, it is worth taking a minute to go to Target and finding two games from the list.

I'll say it again. Look people-- buy some $14.99 games now, then price adjust them before you go pick up RE5. Depending on how low they drop, you could get RE5 for very cheap.

[quote name='ninja dog']yes, it is worth taking a minute to go to Target and finding two games from the list.

I'll say it again. Look people-- buy some $14.99 games now, then price adjust them before you go pick up RE5. Depending on how low they drop, you could get RE5 for very cheap.[/quote]

Targets in my area don't let you just come in and get an adjustment when the price drops unless they have that same item on the shelf and even them they don't offer price matching on clearance items...

[quote name='Scholarly_Sam']Hmmm... it sucks my Target still has Last Remnant at $30.[/QUOTE]
hide it and wait a few weeks

[quote name='darkchaostitan']Is it really worth going through the hassle of buying and swapping games just for $5-10 worth of credit? BTW I have seen GTA for $20 or so, but not less than that. And the lowest I've seen a new copy of Farcry is $35, idk about the used version for farcry, but if you could point me in the right direction(ie link me plz) where such a deal resides. I'd see your point, but as i said, this deal onlyl works for a select few.[/quote]
i already bought Bioshock for $20 so if i play through it and beat it i can roll $20 i already paid into RE5 and lose no money. i paid $14 on RE5 already with the 40% 6 games deal with the money i had left over from Killzone 2.

Far Cry 2 was $15 at my Target i had a friend that bought it and that's what he paid. Grand Theft Auto 4 for the PS3 is $15 used at Block Buster Video. i just left mine and saw 3 there.

its not too much of a hassle to save a few bucks if you go this rout and have a game already or can land 2 for $30. if you're gonna buy RE5 anyway why not save on it? $49.99 is better than $59.99.

PLEASE POST LINK TO THE PICTURE OF YOUR AD OR FLYER, BECAUSE I WANT TO PRINT IT OUT! THANK YOU

[quote name='eyeseller']Don't let gamestop make money off your used game. get a better price for them on ebay.[/quote]

No offense but posts like this need to stop. GS gives consistent credit value with good promos and constant trade-in bonuses -- which are the only times you should trade in games to them. This RE5 deal isn't so bad because not all of us want to deal with eBay and auction watching to just end up gaining an extra 10 dollars, before paying postage and having to wait for Paypal to transfer the money to bank accounts.

Some of those games can sell for 40+ on eBay a piece, sure. But some you'd be lucky to sell for 15.

They don't make you trade in the games, and some prices are gouging, but they're a business that needs a high profit margin and apparently it works out well for them.

Sometimes, it is better to simply ignore the ill-informed, anti-GS posts. But yes, there are times when dealing with GS is actually beneficial, if you play your cards right. That is why so many CAGs do trade stuff into GS. End of discussion.

Wow... this works out really nice for me. I have Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts and Far Cry 2 -- both in which have crap TiVs at GameStop anyway. Thanks OP!

[quote name='earvcunanan']Wow... this works out really nice for me. I have Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts and Far Cry 2 -- both in which have crap TiVs at GameStop anyway. Thanks OP![/quote]

Works out pretty good for me, too. I plan on selling Halo 3 (really bad value at GS) and Fable 2.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I assume if you traded in 2 games from this list that actually add up to, say, 50 bucks. They'd give you the difference and let you have RE5 for 10, correct?

[quote name='dg7md']Works out pretty good for me, too. I plan on selling Halo 3 (really bad value at GS) and Fable 2.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I assume if you traded in 2 games from this list that actually add up to, say, 50 bucks. They'd give you the difference and let you have RE5 for 10, correct?[/QUOTE]
They should but you should be a smart consumer and make sure you get the best deal possible by asking lots of questions during the trade in process.

[quote name='johnnypark']So... you give them between $60-80 worth of games and then pay them $20 for a brand new, $60 game?[/quote]

That's Gamestop logic at work, pretty much.

Is the power trade for it still going? If you do it that way you could get a bonus 30 percent credit (w/ Edge) and use that towards a pre-order of it. Depending on what you trade you might get more going that way.

In my case, with H3 and F2, if the current values are still as they are in the thread, I'd get 45.50 for the two instead of just 40, thus getting RE5 for about 15. So, like Strider said, keep your awareness up and you can get more credit out of GS deals. That is, if the power trade is still going on.

[quote name='havuk']Targets in my area don't let you just come in and get an adjustment when the price drops unless they have that same item on the shelf and even them they don't offer price matching on clearance items...[/QUOTE]

Return/rebuy.

man, nevermind. people are being dense in this thread :)

[quote name='dg7md']No offense but posts like this need to stop. GS gives consistent credit value with good promos and constant trade-in bonuses -- which are the only times you should trade in games to them. This RE5 deal isn't so bad because not all of us want to deal with eBay and auction watching to just end up gaining an extra 10 dollars, before paying postage and having to wait for Paypal to transfer the money to bank accounts.

Some of those games can sell for 40+ on eBay a piece, sure. But some you'd be lucky to sell for 15.

They don't make you trade in the games, and some prices are gouging, but they're a business that needs a high profit margin and apparently it works out well for them.[/QUOTE]
u forgot EBAY FEES & PAYPAL FEES

So I stopped by gamestop yesterday and they told me that certain titles have been removed from the list which makes me panic if it's any of the Target clearance games. The associate did not know which specific games were removed so does anyone have any idea what it may be?

That's interesting.. might be per store though. For anyone interested in burning goozex points Pokemon Battle Revolution is 450 and readily available, and Ravin Rabbids 2 is 550 and readily available. It's still 1000 and $20 after that, but if you're in a hurry to get it, it's an option. I'm tempted because I hate sitting on so many goozex points but truth of the matter is I would buy this and it would sit on my shelf anyway, so I'm just gonna queue it up and let it come when it comes.

[quote name='dg7md']Works out pretty good for me, too. I plan on selling Halo 3 (really bad value at GS) and Fable 2.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I assume if you traded in 2 games from this list that actually add up to, say, 50 bucks. They'd give you the difference and let you have RE5 for 10, correct?[/quote]

Umm this is one of the one times I would really suggest Ebay over GS. Fable 2 and Halo 3 should net you about 70 dollars on ebay before shipping and fees. At worst after fees you should be down to 55. That only if you don't mind the slight hassle of ebay.

bread's done
Back