Resident Evil 5 for $19.99 W/ Trade-In of 2 Selected Titles @ GS

ChunkyLover78

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I went to GS today and they had a flyer that said Resident Evil 5 would cost $19.99 with the trade in of 2 selected titles.

Here is the whole list of the Qualified Games that you can trade in:

:wii: Wii:
Animal Crossings: City Folk
Ben 10: Alien Force
Big League Sports
Boom Box
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 09
Cabela's Legendary Adventure
Call of Duty: WaW
Carnival Games
Carnival Games: Mini-Golf
Crash: Mind Over Mutant
de Blob
Deadly Creatures
Ferrari Challenge
Guitar Hero: WT
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Hasbro Family Game Night
House of the Dead: Overkill
Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum 09
Karaoke Revolution: American Idol Encore
Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warrior
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Lego Batman
Lego Indian Jones
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Madden NFL 09 All-Play
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
Martio Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Mario Super Sluggers
Monopoly
Nartuo: Clash of Ninja 2
Need for Speed: Undercover
NHL 2K9
HPPL Championship Paintball 09
Pitfall: The Big Adventure
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Price is Right
Quantium of Solace
Rapala Fishing Frenzy
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil: Umbrealla Chronicles
Rock Band 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
SimAnimals
Skate it
Sonic Unleashed
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels
Star Wars: the Force Unleashed
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Tenchu: Shadow Assassin
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 All Play
Wario Ware
Smooth Moves
Wii Music
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 09

:ps3: PS3:
Afro Samurai
Armored Core: For Answer
BioShock
Blitz, The League II
Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare
Dead Space
Disgaea 3: Absense of Justice
Eternal Sonata
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
FEAR 2: Project Origin
FIFA Soccer 09
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grid
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Lego Batman
Lego Indian Jones
LittleBigPlanet
Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Madden NFL 09
Madden NFL 09 Collector's Edition
Metal Gear Sold 4: Guns of the Patriots
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Mirror's Edge
Monopoly
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
NBA 2K9
NBA Live 09
NCAA Basketball 09
NCAA Football 09
NHL 09
NPPL Championship Paintball 09
Prince of Persia
Pro Evolution Soccer 09
Pure
Quantum of Solace
Rapala's Fishing Frenzy
Resistance 2
Rise of the Argonauts
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Skate 2
Sonic Unleashed
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09
Tom Clancy's End War
Tomb Raider Underworld
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Valkyria Chronicles
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 09
X-Blades

:360: 360
Afro Samurai
Armored Core; For Answer
Bajo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Blitz, The League II
Call of Duty 4: MW
Crash: Mind Over Mutant
Dead space
Destroy All Humans 3: Path of the Furon
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
FEAR 2: Project Origin
FIFA Soccer 09
Gears of War 2
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Halo 3
Infinite Undiscovery
Last Remnant
Left 4 Dead
Lego Batman
LIPS w/ 2 Wireless Mics (Required)
Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Madden NFL 09
Madden NFL 09 Collectors' Edition
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Mirror's Edge
Monopoly
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Naruto: The Broken Bond
NBA 2K9
NBA Live 09
NCAA Basketball 09
NCAA Football 09
NHL 09
NPPL Championship Paintball 09
Prince of Persia
Pro Evolution Soccer 09
Pure
Quantum of Solace
Race Pro
Rise of the Argonauts
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Scene It 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Skate 2
Sonic Unleashed
SoulCalibur IV
Tales of Vesperia
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09
Tom Clancy's End War
Tomb Raider Underworld
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 09
X-Blades

Offer Expires: 4/5/09

Thanks anthonyd46 for the scan:
2s197oy.jpg

Really isn't the best list but seeing it expires 4/05, some games might drop by then

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anthonyd46']you sure about that? i thought someone said in this thread best buy price matches do not include promotions[/QUOTE]

They do but it's VERY YMMV. It doesn't hurt to try it on Friday...unless your Best Buy is run by the mob or something. Then it might hurt a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pck21']They do but it VERY YMMV. It doesn't hurt to try it on Friday...unless your Best Buy is run by the mob or something. Then it might hurt a little.[/quote]

no its just about a 20 mile drive compared to toysrus 5 miles uh whats ymmv? i see that posted all over the place and have no clue

[quote name='anthonyd46']you cant use the giftcard towards the purchase they did the same thing with super mario galaxy and it had to be a future purchase[/quote]

that's true, but it beats trading in let's say two games valuing up to $40 (most of the games on the list will earn you more than $40 easily) and then paying an additional $19.99 = back to $60. If you're trading in two games that you can get at least $35 there is no point. There will be plenty of deals that will sell RE5 for ~$50. Also TRU is running another promo the week after, buy RE5 and get $20 off another 360, PS3, Wii game.

YMMV = Your mileage may vary.

Just managed to trade Blitz towards the RE 5 preorder. I have a good rap with the store employees which may have been why they did it, but he did have to manually adjust the price.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']that's true, but it beats trading in let's say two games valuing up to $40 (most of the games on the list will earn you more than $40 easily) and then paying an additional $19.99 = back to $60. If you're trading in two games that you can get at least $35 there is no point. There will be plenty of deals that will sell RE5 for ~$50. Also TRU is running another promo the week after, buy RE5 and get $20 off another 360, PS3, Wii game.

YMMV = Your mileage may vary.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I understand that. All I'm saying is that it's a good "deal" for those people who are not like us CAGs. This may not be a deal to us but for someone who has 2 of these games lying around, wants to get rid of them, and buy RE5 for cheap, then it's not bad at all. I personally wouldn't do this "deal" and I have a ton of games on that list.

You mean I could trade in my Tales of Vesperia LE AND Valkyria Chronicles AND $20 for RE5? Where do I sign? lol! Like I said, the deal isn't meant for us, it's meant for people who want to clean out some games and get RE5 (a series that most people have heard of) for $20.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']They won't honor it. It clearly states at the bottom of the flyer: "Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice". The lady explained that if a game severely dropped in price and trade in value, gamestop will remove that game from the list. It sucks because now I have a opened copy of a game that no one really wants...[/QUOTE]
if i spent $11 on Uncharted and $14 in a gift card on Far Cry 2 then this deal is better for me than coming out of pocket $60 for RE5 seeing as how the rest of the game was already taken care of on a tier trade in i did when i got Killzone 2.

I ended up trading Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (I think I got it on release for $30, I never play it doubt I could get much more than $20 for it...and I can uninstall the ridiculous 6.5GB file that accompanies it) and Bioshock (had bought it for $20 anyway). The shitty thing is that they charge you $19.99 PLUS the tax of the MSRP, so I paid a few bucks more than what was advertised. Total came out to $24.64

I wish I could just cancel the pre-order and keep the $40 in credit so that I can buy it when it turns up used. I don't really feel like supporting Capcom or the inflated $59.99 price tag.

I had two copies of Blitz II to trade in. If the game is off the list, one of the copies is still sealed if anyone wants to take it off my hands. Just PM me.

Just to let everyone know its $44 at gamefly if you have been a member for more than a year so that might be in line with the price match at best buy cause $64-20=$44. Still doesnt beat this deal though if you dont count the trade ins.

I attempted to trade in Blitz II: The League again today at 2 other Gamestops. Neither one took it. One store had printed out some sort of list from the internet and the title has indeed been officially removed. So even if you are able to convince a new cashier that it's on the list, the computer won't accept it.

Did this last week, bought TR:U and SCIV from Target on clearance then went to the Gamestop next door to save $10 on RE5. Didn't know you were supposed to take the shrink wrap off, the cashier tried to give me $126 (60+5% tax each) in credit even I told him no before the manager did. As cool as it would be to make $96 off of $30, couldn't let a new cashier get in trouble for doing a trade in promo as a return. Happy enough getting the game, let alone with $10 off.

[quote name='TouchMyWiimote']Anyone know if Edge stacks? Like trade in 2 games for $40, and use edge to get $44.[/quote]

Yes edge stacks. in fact they made a mistake on my order and only charged me $44.

Traded in far cry 2(23.05)
Civ Rev (23.15)

Seems like a lot of people are finding games on the list they they a) have and b) got cheap. Hard to justify trading 2 games you paid over $100 for only a few months ago.

[quote name='pswiifanboy']Yes edge stacks. in fact they made a mistake on my order and only charged me $44.

Traded in far cry 2(23.05)
Civ Rev (23.15)[/quote]

Damn it! I wish I knew that. You think they'd be able to refund me the $4?

Just called to see how much my local gamestop would give for Little Big Planet (trying to partake in the extra 20% for RE5 deal) and apparently they don't do trade in values over phone. Is this true (or was he being lazy)?

*edit* Called another gamestop, said the same thing (he said he would actually need to see the condition of the game, I think they are trying to protect themselves from scammers or something [iono]). Also that 20% extra when trading in for RE5 is still available (does this deal stack with edge card's 10%, forgot to ask).

[quote name='dejeckt']Just called to see how much my local gamestop would give for Little Big Planet (trying to partake in the extra 20% for RE5 deal) and apparently they don't do trade in values over phone. Is this true (or was he being lazy)?[/quote]

lazy... i called mine the other day and the guy was nice enough to quote me trade in values on rockband 2 and each instrument :D

[quote name='dejeckt']Just called to see how much my local gamestop would give for Little Big Planet (trying to partake in the extra 20% for RE5 deal) and apparently they don't do trade in values over phone. Is this true (or was he being lazy)?

*edit* Called another gamestop, said the same thing (he said he would actually need to see the condition of the game, I think they are trying to protect themselves from scammers or something [iono]). Also that 20% extra when trading in for RE5 is still available (does this deal stack with edge card's 10%, forgot to ask).[/QUOTE]

Lazy... I ALWAYS call for TIV's over the phone and have done it at multiple Gamestops.

[quote name='dejeckt']Just called to see how much my local gamestop would give for Little Big Planet (trying to partake in the extra 20% for RE5 deal) and apparently they don't do trade in values over phone. Is this true (or was he being lazy)?

*edit* Called another gamestop, said the same thing (he said he would actually need to see the condition of the game, I think they are trying to protect themselves from scammers or something [iono]). Also that 20% extra when trading in for RE5 is still available (does this deal stack with edge card's 10%, forgot to ask).[/QUOTE]
et
And for your 20% stacking, I suggest you just buy filler games (Old xbox games $1-$2 each etc.) and get eligible for the 40% + 10% edge. But yes, the edge card should stack on that.

[quote name='Zackattk1993']Lazy... I ALWAYS call for TIV's over the phone and have done it at multiple Gamestops.[/quote]

I guess in my area, gamestop employees are lazy.

also, that comment on that cheap 360 flip deals...never tried it... is it worth it (I guess a %40 bump is awesome though).

I'm thinking about trading in

Little Big Planet - TIV $24.00 (with 20% and E.card should be around $31.68)
Warhawk - TIV ??? (anyone know this one, any updated list of gamestop TIV [that wiki one hasn't been updated for awhile I think])
Assassin's Creed - TIV ~$5.00 (with 20% and E.card should be $6.50

I would need 3 more games to partake in %40 extra...hmmz any suggestions on good, easy fillers?
*edit* do they still take in Gamecube or PS2 games?

[quote name='dejeckt']I guess in my area, gamestop employees are lazy.

also, that comment on that cheap 360 flip deals...never tried it... is it worth it (I guess a %40 bump is awesome though).

I'm thinking about trading in

Little Big Planet - TIV $24.00 (with 20% and E.card should be around $31.68)
Warhawk - TIV ??? (anyone know this one, any updated list of gamestop TIV [that wiki one hasn't been updated for awhile I think])
Assassin's Creed - TIV ~$5.00 (with 20% and E.card should be $6.50

I would need 3 more games to partake in %40 extra...hmmz any suggestions on good, easy fillers?
*edit* do they still take in Gamecube or PS2 games?[/QUOTE] I *believe* they still take Xbox/GC/PS2, unless they stopped recently. Be sure to check in with a GS employee on that before you go though). Also find the minimum needed for the fillers to be eligible for 40%, I think it's minimum .50$ per game.

was able to trade in PS3 GTA IV and X360 Blitz the league II for resident evil. the deal did not work however got the manager to override it and got the deal. he wasnt very good at math so he took off too much so i ended up paying $17.20 or something like that.

[quote name='paddlefoot']Seems like a lot of people are finding games on the list they they a) have and b) got cheap. Hard to justify trading 2 games you paid over $100 for only a few months ago.[/quote]

:bomb: same boat as you..

Awesome. I think I'll trade in Blitz 2 and Spiderman web of shadows. I picked them up for 9.98 and 12.48 respectively (thanks Target clearance), making a $60 game cost me only $42ish.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']was able to trade in PS3 GTA IV and X360 Blitz the league II for resident evil. the deal did not work however got the manager to override it and got the deal. he wasnt very good at math so he took off too much so i ended up paying $17.20 or something like that.[/quote]

He probably included the Edge card bonus based on the original trade values.

bread's done
Back