Resident Evil 5 for $19.99 W/ Trade-In of 2 Selected Titles @ GS

ChunkyLover78

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I went to GS today and they had a flyer that said Resident Evil 5 would cost $19.99 with the trade in of 2 selected titles.

Here is the whole list of the Qualified Games that you can trade in:

:wii: Wii:
Animal Crossings: City Folk
Ben 10: Alien Force
Big League Sports
Boom Box
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 09
Cabela's Legendary Adventure
Call of Duty: WaW
Carnival Games
Carnival Games: Mini-Golf
Crash: Mind Over Mutant
de Blob
Deadly Creatures
Ferrari Challenge
Guitar Hero: WT
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Hasbro Family Game Night
House of the Dead: Overkill
Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum 09
Karaoke Revolution: American Idol Encore
Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warrior
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Lego Batman
Lego Indian Jones
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Madden NFL 09 All-Play
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
Martio Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Mario Super Sluggers
Monopoly
Nartuo: Clash of Ninja 2
Need for Speed: Undercover
NHL 2K9
HPPL Championship Paintball 09
Pitfall: The Big Adventure
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Price is Right
Quantium of Solace
Rapala Fishing Frenzy
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil: Umbrealla Chronicles
Rock Band 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
SimAnimals
Skate it
Sonic Unleashed
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels
Star Wars: the Force Unleashed
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Tenchu: Shadow Assassin
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 All Play
Wario Ware
Smooth Moves
Wii Music
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 09

:ps3: PS3:
Afro Samurai
Armored Core: For Answer
BioShock
Blitz, The League II
Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare
Dead Space
Disgaea 3: Absense of Justice
Eternal Sonata
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
FEAR 2: Project Origin
FIFA Soccer 09
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grid
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Lego Batman
Lego Indian Jones
LittleBigPlanet
Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Madden NFL 09
Madden NFL 09 Collector's Edition
Metal Gear Sold 4: Guns of the Patriots
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Mirror's Edge
Monopoly
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
NBA 2K9
NBA Live 09
NCAA Basketball 09
NCAA Football 09
NHL 09
NPPL Championship Paintball 09
Prince of Persia
Pro Evolution Soccer 09
Pure
Quantum of Solace
Rapala's Fishing Frenzy
Resistance 2
Rise of the Argonauts
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Skate 2
Sonic Unleashed
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09
Tom Clancy's End War
Tomb Raider Underworld
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Valkyria Chronicles
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 09
X-Blades

:360: 360
Afro Samurai
Armored Core; For Answer
Bajo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Blitz, The League II
Call of Duty 4: MW
Crash: Mind Over Mutant
Dead space
Destroy All Humans 3: Path of the Furon
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
FEAR 2: Project Origin
FIFA Soccer 09
Gears of War 2
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Halo 3
Infinite Undiscovery
Last Remnant
Left 4 Dead
Lego Batman
LIPS w/ 2 Wireless Mics (Required)
Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Madden NFL 09
Madden NFL 09 Collectors' Edition
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Mirror's Edge
Monopoly
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Naruto: The Broken Bond
NBA 2K9
NBA Live 09
NCAA Basketball 09
NCAA Football 09
NHL 09
NPPL Championship Paintball 09
Prince of Persia
Pro Evolution Soccer 09
Pure
Quantum of Solace
Race Pro
Rise of the Argonauts
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Scene It 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Skate 2
Sonic Unleashed
SoulCalibur IV
Tales of Vesperia
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09
Tom Clancy's End War
Tomb Raider Underworld
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 09
X-Blades

Offer Expires: 4/5/09

Thanks anthonyd46 for the scan:
2s197oy.jpg

Really isn't the best list but seeing it expires 4/05, some games might drop by then

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SakBee']This makes me wonder if GS stores have certain quotas to make each month...like reservations or games traded to them. It does seem like everytime I stop by at GS, they want my old games or want me to reserve an upcoming game. They are starting to sound worse than a car salesman.[/quote]
Yeah well I know sometimes at my local gamestops they talk about which store has the most preorders in their district. My one was pretty happy that they were in first.(But they still wouldn't give me the penny guides, bastards:D) So it must be used to determine something if they were happy.

[quote name='misterine']hmm can i buy any of those games off ebay for cheap and trade it in?[/quote]

why couldn't you?

[quote name='Sharp Katana']can anyone confirm if Blitz II has been removed? I'm better off buying at TRU then..[/QUOTE]
the game cost $20 new now. i doubt they'll give you $20 in trade in credit for it.

[quote name='BarbblerElf']Yeah well I know sometimes at my local gamestops they talk about which store has the most preorders in their district. My one was pretty happy that they were in first.(But they still wouldn't give me the penny guides, bastards:D) So it must be used to determine something if they were happy.[/quote]

from what they told me, the top percentiles get to keep their jobs. :)
that's probably the biggest perk they can get in this economy

The clerks at my local GameStop didn't seem to have a clue about this promo, but it was in their system. They must have done something wrong (which is awesome), so I only had to pay $13.54 after trading in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts and Far Cry 2.

Banjo - $23.40
Far Cry 2 - 23.05

They even added 10% from my Edge card.

[quote name='screamokid4life']I got GT5:prologue for free, so I just need 1 really cheap game.[/quote]

maybe you should order gamefly's star war's the force unleashed when it goes on sale for $15 at 4am est or 1am pacific.

You can trade both those to get resident evil 5

this deal is only good if you could get two games for about $10. Unless you already have games to unload, trading in 2 games you bought for ~$15 doesn't seem worth it.

$15x2= $30, add $19.99 = $49.99 + tax.

The tier trade seems like a much better deal with the edge bonus. Otherwise, you're paying near retail for it anyway.

[quote name='AsianOnRoute69']I Think My Gamestop Store Is Retarded Or Something, I Traded In Uncharted & GTA 4 for PS3 and the guy tells me that uncharted has a $35 trade in value and gta 4 has a $25 trade in value when put towards resident evil 5. So I was thinking to myself, wait that's $60 all together, so I didn't say anything. Then He somehow took the trade in values and combined it with the 20% deal going on, even though u can't combine deals. So I got a trade in of $72 for both those games and resident evil 5 with tax was 65, so I got back $7. I Love RETARDED GAMESTOP EMPLOYEES! But I Hate The Chain As A Whole.[/quote]

GTA4 has a $25 trade in value? HOW?! I called these ****ers and they told me the maximum I could get in store credit was $16.

?!?!?!?!?!?! EXPLAIN!!!

[quote name='Sharp Katana']can anyone confirm if Blitz II has been removed? I'm better off buying at TRU then..[/QUOTE]

Thats what I was told last week. There are a number of target clearance games that qualify for this deal. e.g Tombraider & Soul Caliber

[quote name='A_FITZ']GTA4 has a $25 trade in value? HOW?! I called these ****ers and they told me the maximum I could get in store credit was $16.

?!?!?!?!?!?! EXPLAIN!!![/quote]

50 percent bonus, so 16+8=24..

[quote name='A_FITZ']GTA4 has a $25 trade in value? HOW?! I called these ****ers and they told me the maximum I could get in store credit was $16.

?!?!?!?!?!?! EXPLAIN!!![/quote]

My gamestop told me that GTA 4 was about $22 plus 20% deal extra trade in which they combined even though they shouldn't so yeah my gamestop is retarded.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']50 percent bonus, so 16+8=24..[/quote]

50% bonus..? How can you get up to 50%?

20% + From Trading Towards RE5... and 10%+ with Bonus EDGE Card..what else is there?

If you trade six games of more, you get 40% more plus w/ Edge card (10%) it adds a total of 50% to the base tiv.

The Gamestop near me said there was a 360 game that shouldn't be on the list, but they didn't know which one it was. I asked the manager there whom I know personally, and he said he didn't know anything about anything like that.

That being said, I hope Blitz II wasn't what they were talking about. It's on the PS3 part as well, and they never mentioned any PS3 games not being eligible. I have two copies of Blitz II ready to be traded in.

[quote name='SakBee']If you trade six games of more, you get 40% more plus w/ Edge card (10%) it adds a total of 50% to the base tiv.[/quote]

Man thats a total mind ****. Talk about rip of$$$e. :wall:

Does those 6 games include any game for any system? Because theres no way in hell im trading in any of my PS3 games.

[quote name='A_FITZ']50% bonus..? How can you get up to 50%?

20% + From Trading Towards RE5... and 10%+ with Bonus EDGE Card..what else is there?[/quote]

UPDAATE!!

You can only now get 11.75 from trading in GTAIV. 11 FREAKIN 75!!!. With the added 50% youd only be getting 17.62.

Wow.

Just...wow. Gamestop is one big evil corporate money making machine.

[quote name='A_FITZ']Just...wow. Gamestop is one big evil corporate money making machine.[/quote]

But their business model is really good. Hence the earnings. Evil maybe, but they are really just preying on the un-informed.

making money in a capitalist society is evil, got it.

anywhoo, got a copy of Soul Calibur IV I basically got for free and Tomb Raider I got for $14.98 at Target...so RE5 for ~$35. Not shabby.

[quote name='A_FITZ']UPDAATE!!

You can only now get 11.75 from trading in GTAIV. 11 FREAKIN 75!!!. With the added 50% youd only be getting 17.62.

Wow.

Just...wow. Gamestop is one big evil corporate money making machine.[/quote]

GTA IV is almost a year old, and they sell used copies for $35. How much do you really think you should get? And yes, making money is very evil.

good thing I got alot of free games during toy r us B2G1 deal...

time to trade in

Infinite Undiscovery
NBA Live 09

i did this yesterday and they ended up making a mistake and only charged me $44 for RE5. ended up with a refund actually of $2.20. which is great because my wallet is HURTING.

Traded in far cry 2 (23.05) AND CIV REV (23.15)

I traded some stuff in for my pre-order and will use that money towards the 19.99 price, they said that should be ok. I am trying to decide if I should trade GTA IV in or not.

I can confirm Blitz II: The League has been removed. The Trade In Value for that game is $6. I called the store before I went and the lady told me it was still on the list, so I ripped open my shrink-wrapped game that I was planning to Ebay off. Now I'm stuck with an open game I have no real interest in playing...

[quote name='thehoweller']Nothing like trading a company 60 dollars worth of games, and 20 bucks, for a game worth 50...I love capitalism.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the game $60?

[quote name='speedrunner17']This is a joke right? Seriously you can trade in C0D4 and WAW for the Ps3 and get $54.[/QUOTE]
You said it best! This is a joke. Just look at that list. These are practically all new games or games that have held up their MRSP. Gamestop should be ashamed of themselves for this BS. Even if you would find these games cheap enough to benefit you should you do this promo, You still shouldn't do it, because you could get more just by outright selling them. List is a damn joke!

[quote name='hawaiiboy']will they not honor it since it is in the flyer? i have a copy of it so it seems they would have to honor it.[/QUOTE]

They won't honor it. It clearly states at the bottom of the flyer: "Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice". The lady explained that if a game severely dropped in price and trade in value, gamestop will remove that game from the list. It sucks because now I have a opened copy of a game that no one really wants...

ehh^ might as well trade it in with 5 other games with edge for 50% extra trade it so a least it will be worth 9 bucks if base TIV is 6

Instead of giving these $54.99 games to GameStop Why not sell them to us CAGs for $25?

I'm pretty sure someone is gonna trade in SSIV for $25 to GS, I'll give you $30 (PS3 version).

[quote name='ricoraney']You said it best! This is a joke. Just look at that list. These are practically all new games or games that have held up their MRSP. Gamestop should be ashamed of themselves for this BS. Even if you would find these games cheap enough to benefit you should you do this promo, You still shouldn't do it, because you could get more just by outright selling them. List is a damn joke![/quote]

they offer this promo all the time for new release games. Obviously it's a ripoff, luckily there is the tier trade though, that's where my games are going towards.

Don't even bother guys, go to TRU and grab RE5 for $$59.99, you'll get a $20 TRU gift card. $40 for RE5 @TRU > ~$60 for RE5 @GS.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']They won't honor it. It clearly states at the bottom of the flyer: "Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice". The lady explained that if a game severely dropped in price and trade in value, gamestop will remove that game from the list. It sucks because now I have a opened copy of a game that no one really wants...[/quote]

Good thing I didn't buy Blitz II but I'd be pissed if that happened to me. Hopefully you got it for $10 though, then you could trade it in for a max of $9 with 50% TIV. I don't know how the prices look on ebay.

Let you know Capcom now remake Resident Evil: Code Veronica & Resident Evil 0 for Wii with wii remote. Possible we'll see them in US later this year :)

[quote name='Sharp Katana']they offer this promo all the time for new release games. Obviously it's a ripoff, luckily there is the tier trade though, that's where my games are going towards.

Don't even bother guys, go to TRU and grab RE5 for $$59.99, you'll get a $20 TRU gift card. $40 for RE5 @TRU > ~$60 for RE5 @GS.[/quote]

you cant use the giftcard towards the purchase they did the same thing with super mario galaxy and it had to be a future purchase

[quote name='anthonyd46']you cant use the giftcard towards the purchase they did the same thing with super mario galaxy and it had to be a future purchase[/quote]

u can pm it @ bb, and they wont giv u the gift card they'll just give u RE5 for $40

Horrible deal for us CAGs, not a bad deal for those people who are not true gamers/collectors and just want to get rid of some of their old games and pick up RE5 for a decent price. Are they ripping people off? Price wise, yes. Having the ability to clean out some games and get a brand new game for dirt cheap, nope. That's who they are targeting here so there's no reason to get butt hurt about it. :D

[quote name='flex45']u can pm it @ bb, and they wont giv u the gift card they'll just give u RE5 for $40[/quote]

you sure about that? i thought someone said in this thread best buy price matches do not include promotions

bread's done
Back