Resident Evil 5 Tricell Messenger Bag - $7.95 NEW GameDealDaily.com Daily Deal 1/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

drfrielgood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (88%)
www.gamedealdaily.com

Over a year ago we started Gamedealdaily.com, a website dedicated to offering CAGs and gamers worldwide some great deals on video games. Check the front page of our site each day for our Deal of the Day. A new deal will be posted every day, seven days a week, at noon ET. Last fall we also added our Weekly Giveaways, in which we give away 4 free items from our inventory each week. See the bottom of this post for more information on the current prize and how to enter.

Now in our second year of operation, we hope to offer even better daily deals and giveaways. Please check out our site and PM me with any questions or concerns you may have.

LINK: www.gamedealdaily.com

Today's Deal: Resident Evil 5 Tricell Messenger Bag - $7.95 NEW

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHECK OUT GAMEDEALDAILY ON FACEBOOK!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/GameDealDaily/132358190948

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOLLOW GAMEDEALDAILY ON TWITTER!

http://twitter.com/gamedealdaily

We'll use Twitter to keep everyone updated with our daily deals, along with our weekly giveaways, random thoughts, and exclusive un-publicized deals that can be found within our store.

http://twitter.com/gamedealdaily

NEW - CHECK OUT OUR ARCADE!

We just added an arcade onto the site with some current and classic arcade games. You can play any of the games, save your high scores, and earn trophies by making it to the top of the leaderboard in any one of the games. We will also add voting capabilities so that you can help select the next additions to the arcade!

Click here to check out the arcade:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/forum/arcade.php

SELL US YOUR GAMES!

Gamedealdaily.com will buy back your games! Don't accept Gamestop's ridiculously low trade-in prices! We buy games, accessories, and systems, all the way from NES to PS3. You can check out many of our trade-in prices at:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/wanted.php

If you would like to trade in games that aren't on the list, shoot me a PM or send an email to the site and we will send you a trade quote. Payment for your trades is sent through Paypal (we will pay the Paypal fees) or by money order, so you will be able to spend the money on whatever you like.

Each week Gamedealdaily.com gives away four free items selected from our inventory. A new contest begins at 1pm Eastern time every Monday afternoon. Entrants have 7 days to compile as many entries as they can to give them the best shot at winning one of the prizes. The winners will be randomly selected from the pool of total entrants.

Enter the contest at this link:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fred87nc']How long for shipping? I want to order 5 sixaxis controllers.[/QUOTE]

All orders made over the weekend will be shipped out tomorrow, so you should receive them by the end of the week.

I like your site and your deals. I would buy that RE5 Steelbook but for $45 I would have just bought it at the newegg clearance. I understand it's probably the best you can do, just saying, at $35 I would be in.

Does anyone else see this? This is what chrome says when I try to access the gamedealdaily web site. I assume it's not a big deal??

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
The website at www.gamedealdaily.com contains elements from the site www.feedzilla.com, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for www.feedzilla.com.
Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online.
I understand that visiting this site may harm my computer.

Updated with today's deal on Um Jammer Lammy for the Playstation 1. All PS1 games are playable on all PS3 systems, so you will also be able to play this on your PS3!

@drfrielgood: I may want to take advantage of this, however I'm out of funds. I can try and float a paypal transaction, but I have one floating already. If I keep it in my cart, will the price be the same tommorow?

[quote name='token2k6']@drfrielgood: I may want to take advantage of this, however I'm out of funds. I can try and float a paypal transaction, but I have one floating already. If I keep it in my cart, will the price be the same tommorow?[/QUOTE]

Sure, I'll keep it up at this point for a couple extra days so you've got a chance to get in on it.

[quote name='chopper']$5 shipping on a $5 game? Seriously? At what point does this become absurd?[/QUOTE]
If the $10 total is still a couple bucks cheaper than the cheapest price on Amazon or eBay, then what does it matter if it's $9 for the game and $1 for shipping, or $1 for the game and $9 for shipping? $10 is $10.

If the $10 total is still a couple bucks cheaper than the cheapest price on Amazon or eBay, then what does it matter if it's $9 for the game and $1 for shipping, or $1 for the game and $9 for shipping? $10 is $10.

The thing is it isn't a couple of bucks cheaper. I haven't checked Amazon but I just saw two sealed copies on Ebay for $8.90 and $8.98 (buy it now with shipping included). And I know someone is going to say "Oh wow, a whole dollar cheaper" but the point I'm trying to make is that this isn't a deal, this price can be found on Ebay at anytime.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']If the $10 total is still a couple bucks cheaper than the cheapest price on Amazon or eBay, then what does it matter if it's $9 for the game and $1 for shipping, or $1 for the game and $9 for shipping? $10 is $10.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I've said before.

And for everyone's information, I went and added a random CD to my cart on Amazon. They wanted $2.98. So, I don't see how $5 is this radically insane number. It's really not.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']If the $10 total is still a couple bucks cheaper than the cheapest price on Amazon or eBay, then what does it matter if it's $9 for the game and $1 for shipping, or $1 for the game and $9 for shipping? $10 is $10.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Exactly what I've said before.

And for everyone's information, I went and added a random CD to my cart on Amazon. They wanted $2.98. So, I don't see how $5 is this radically insane number. It's really not.[/QUOTE]

It's the principle of unnecessary inflation.

If you have ever bitched about high gas prices, then please, shut the fuck up.

[quote name='Blade']It's the principle of unnecessary inflation.

If you have ever bitched about high gas prices, then please, shut the fuck up.[/QUOTE]

Gas is a necessity for most folks. This is a video game. Thanks for playing, though.

It's cool, I've come to accept that anytime we post a game for under $5 we're going to get the "shipping is as much as game" comments. Regardless, Um Jammer Lammy turned out to be a pretty popular deal. Thanks for the orders!

OP, just FYI, since looking at this 'deal', ebay had a sealed copy sold at $3.50 + $2.75 shipping. It seems that current market price is lower than your "deal"... just so you realize, next time do your homework before posting your "deal" on CAG...

ebay link

PS: Is not so much that the shipping is higher than the price of the item, it the fact that it does not cost $5 to ship a single CD, furthermore, you posted this as a "deal" which apparently it is certainly NOT so. Even if you offer $5 with free shipping, that would seem only a ok deal, not a great one... sorry to be honest.

A single completed auction does not determine "market value." Market value for this seems to be closer to ~$8 shipped, if you actually look at all the completed auctions. If you wanted to make a better argument against his set price, you would have been better off posting all of the completed auctions that got no bids fairly low prices.

In the end, though, the only person he's hurting with an allegedly high price is himself. Then again, according to him, he's sold a bunch of them, so I guess it's a completely moot point.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']A single completed auction does not determine "market value." Market value for this seems to be closer to ~$8 shipped, if you actually look at all the completed auctions. If you wanted to make a better argument against his set price, you would have been better off posting all of the completed auctions that got no bids fairly low prices.

In the end, though, the only person he's hurting with an allegedly high price is himself. Then again, according to him, he's sold a bunch of them, so I guess it's a completely moot point.[/QUOTE]

hes not completely wrong. Ive been watching the game on ebay, and average price is about $7 shipped. Theres one seller thats been selling sealed copies now for 3.99 + 3 ship for a LONG TIME.

like you said, some go higher to $8-9 shipped, and others lower like $5 and 6 shipped. BUT, When dealing with lower end values, the difference between $10 and $7, or hell, even $8 is pretty substantial

I'm sorry, but you failed as a CAG... here are some completed listings I grabbed from ebay just now, in order they appared, sold only (all include shipping):

$3.31

$4.00

$4.99

$5.01

$5.98

They are not sealed copies but complete nevertheless. i.e. as a CAG collector, I'd be happy to get it off ebay.

This dude tried to rob us by posting a crappy deal. I just don't want fellow CAG that doesn't have the time to check prices to just jump into his trap, like I almost did... if his shipping was $2-$3 I might already have bite, while at work.. but had I known the ebay price is typically around $5 SHIPPED, then I'd have been pretty PISSED OFF.. yes I care about $1-$2, I am a CAG...

I hope he is at the very least paying cheapy for advertising and making money off this site.

Open your eyes mate, don't take his side, I don't gain anything pointing out the truth...

Edit: just to spell it out further, people selling off ebay for $5-$7 would be getting around $3-$5 for the actual game, after shipping and fees. So for this dude to mass market to us as a "deal" for $10, making around $8 per game is not right! Mass sellers should sell it cheaper, especially if they try to sell to CAG! That's my crazy but honest opinion.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']A single completed auction does not determine "market value." Market value for this seems to be closer to ~$8 shipped, if you actually look at all the completed auctions. If you wanted to make a better argument against his set price, you would have been better off posting all of the completed auctions that got no bids fairly low prices.

In the end, though, the only person he's hurting with an allegedly high price is himself. Then again, according to him, he's sold a bunch of them, so I guess it's a completely moot point.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Asgardian']This dude tried to rob us by posting a crappy deal. I just don't want fellow CAG that doesn't have the time to check prices to just jump into his trap, like I almost did...[/QUOTE]

Don't you think you're overreacting a tad? It is what it is, you can take it or leave it.

I've complained about his shipping price before, but I bought this because $10 is a decent price for a sealed, good PS1 game.

I dunno, I sorta agree with Asgardian
Considering he is advertising on CAG, I would think he would at least not rip people off on shipping

$10 shipped is still a decent price I suppose, but it's not really that much of a "deal"
By the way, I would have bought one instantly if the shipping was accurately priced

Sorry man, but this is what you get for marketing your site directly to CAGers. Nobody likes cheap people for obvious reasons and the people here take the word cheap to the extreme so to make them your main customer base is ridiculous from a customer service standpoint.

It's especially hilarious since the same people bitching about a $2 difference in shipping costs are willing to pay twice retail for a game if it comes with some worthless "limited" extras.

gettinmoney662, I don't think it's really the $2 people care about, it's the just the principal of having to pay more money for shipping than it actually costs...

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']gettinmoney662, I don't think it's really the $2 people care about, it's the just the principal of having to pay more money for shipping than it actually costs...[/QUOTE]

It is definitely the $2. If it was only $.50 more expensive, I highly doubt people would be acting the way they are in this thread. People also aren't taking into account packaging material and time spent when calculating what they feel is a fair shipping cost. Obviously, for a behemoth like Amazon, these variable costs are going to be negligible, but for a small business like GDD, they might not be.

It's too bad that we're forced into buying this. That's the thing that gets me.
We don't have a choice. We're being ripped off and it's beyond our control.
Damnit.
I'm pretty sure that this company is run by Hitler.
'The' Hitler. And I heard he wants to impregnate our daughters with his seed.

Another thing, I've never seen anybody on Ebay charge more for shipping than it actually costs.
Not one person, and definitely not the majority.

And I don't care if he has to package everything on his own and ship it himself, that's what migrant workers are for.

Well as long as we don't overreact maybe we'll pull through this together.

I don't know Unclenebber, there are a lot of dumb people here. Humanity may be doomed.

About Um Jammer Lammy, that game is insanely hard and unintuitive. I could never beat the first song, not that I had an instruction manual (downloaded the Japanese PSN release).

This is just proof that CAG is just like any other site that has "great deals". There are many small business who post to advertise ie. Gamequestdirect, Buynextgen, and Gameroomdeals. I'm not really complaining because drfrielgood has as much right as anyone to post his deals and sometimes Gamedailydeals have good ones.

This is rather a warning that not everything posted on CAG is as cheap as it can be. Just do your research like Asgardian and you shouldn't have any regrets. CAG has great deals most of the time but it doesn't hurt to do the ol' look around for the cheapest price.

If you dont want to buy his game, go to ebay...Let the man run his business.

He is not forcing you to buy the game at all. Just offering his service.

Yeah, this game regularly sells for under $10 on ebay. I have a sealed copy and realized its not really worth selling for such a low amount.

@asgardian

yea, i know used prices are even cheaper, but for the sake of this argument, we were using new prices, which comes in around an average of $7 shipped. though, its still a savings ;)

Also, what i don't get is why this costs $5 to ship. Unless gamedealdaily is using small flat rate priority on everything, which isnt really cost efficient, there's no reason a ps1 game should cost $5 to ship.

Using First class OR MEDIA mail, in a bubble envelope, it would cost probably $1.97 to ship with DC included in that price. There's no reason why you shouldn't be using these shipping methods

Would i have bought the game if it had $2 shipping? hell yes. But $5.... HELL NO.

Like some others have said, its the principal of paying more then you know it's worth. People feel like they are getting ripped if they know shipping would only cost $2, but a seller was asking them to pay $5

its just too much to pay for shipping

[quote name='Vegan']Don't you think you're overreacting a tad? It is what it is, you can take it or leave it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. As numerous other people have already said or alluded to, you're not obligated to buy from him. Saying he is "robbing" us or "trapping" us is pretty silly.

Just picked my copy up! Thanks!!

Idk why everyone was bitching about the $5 shipping. First, this guy has to make a buck. Second, where else are you going to find factory (hopefully) sealed PS1 games and for less than $5?? I'm getting this purely as a collectors item and not to open it. It was afterall, a sequel to one of the top hit music game on the PS1, and like the last issue of GI said, Parappa was probably the FIRST music 'note / button' game, laying the roots for Guitar Hero..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back