Resident Evil 5 Xbox Elite Bundle $399 - Back In Stock @ Amazon!

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!
Resident Evil Xbox Elite Bundle Priced @ $399 Ships 3/13/2009:

9239344cv1a.jpg
9239344cv3a.jpg

• Elite Console w/Exclusive Red Finish
  • Wireless Controler w/Matching Red Finish
  • Resident Evil 5 game
  • 120GB HDD
  • Exclusive RE5 Premium Theme
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBLA Game Code)
  • Wired headset
  • HD AV Component Cable
  • HDMI cable
  • Ethernet Cables
Available for Pre-Order @

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
BestBuy
GameStop

-------------------------

I wish the color was a darker red, but this is a pretty good deal since they are giving all this without any markup from the price of the elite.

Last edited by a moderator:
At GS you get $80 for the xbox(without a hard drive) and a wireless controller, then another $25 as a special for trading in consoles right now, and another $40 for the 120GB hard drive if you wanna trade it in. So that is $80+$25+$40=$145 trade in at GS until sometime in march after the RE bundle comes out just checked tonight for myself.

[quote name='eyeseller']What will be the resell value on this item? or will it tank like the Halo 3 edition?[/quote]

I smell ebay in your mind?

[quote name='kaseydme']At GS you get $80 for the xbox(without a hard drive) and a wireless controller, then another $25 as a special for trading in consoles right now, and another $40 for the 120GB hard drive if you wanna trade it in. So that is $80+$25+$40=$145 trade in at GS until sometime in march after the RE bundle comes out just checked tonight for myself.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!
Hope it doesnt end up like the Halo 3 edition.:roll:

[quote name='oasisboy']I smell ebay in your mind?[/quote]

I'm a true CAG, i could care less about color, but if i could make a few extra bucks from it i could probably put together the same bundle minus the color for half the price.

Yes. Only for RROD though. Everything else is 1 year. You SHOULD buy a warranty from BB though. Best warranty ever. I am getting this 360 out of it!

in for one with one day shipping totaling of about $410. 10 dollar for one-day shipping is great.
about time i replace my launch unit with this. very worthwhile replacement, now i dont have to decide whether to buy re5 or not.
good thing i got a launch ps3, no replacement worthwhile for ps3.

This would match the red -ish ToC on my Samsung LN46A750....not to mention my red Sumo bean bag. I sort of like having original consoles, anyway, without wild colors or crazy skins. However, the box art is killer IMHO.

I was looking at 360 Elites in BB a couple weeks ago, and the guy told me they no longer sell REPLACEMENT plans for the 360, but are SERVICE plans... since the 360s break so much they were losing lots of money on just replacing them.

I didn't push him for details, but even he was kind of warning me not to buy the BB plan (since he couldn't tell me who serviced it but didn't think it was MS)-- and he definitely knew his 360 stuff, since we talked about Jasper units and he was helping me look if any of their Elites (Which they had just gotten in stock) were Jaspers...

Plus, keep in mind, even if he was wrong and you get the REPLACEMENT plan you lose your LE Red console, and maybe have to return EVERYTHING in the bundle, and will just get $$ back-- which is fine if it's a run of the mill 360 but would kinda suck if you actually liked the red bundle. (I know when I bought my PSP with service plan, they told me if anything ever broke I'd have to return the UMDs it came with, cleaning cloth, and everything else, and would be penalized if anything was missing-- probably a load of crap and I never used the warranty [of course] but just a warning..)

Edit: Just tossed a 360 and a Geek Squad Black Tie 2 year warranty in my cart, it does mention covering "parts and labor" and "at their sole discretion" may replace it with a "product of like kind or quality equal to the current retail value of the product"-- i.e., you won't get $400 back if the Elite drops, and only after they probably destroy it trying to fix it. (my dad did get a new amp out of a service plan when they pretty much bashed the hell out of it trying to fix it, but they gave him the amount paid at purchase, not a then-equivalent price)

Basically, buy the warranty through MS, or at a store where it's definitely a REPLACEMENT plan and not a SERVICE plan. And keep in mind many credit cards double your warranty, up to a year, so the 360 1 year warranty would automatically become 2.. not sure how they handled "tiered" warranties like the 3 years on RROD (if they'd add a 4th or what) Call your CC company before purchase. But again, with your CC, you are likely looking at getting some form of credit and your LE red console may not be replaced.

If you already have a plan, then yeah, whatever terms you bought it under are in place.

I meant my post for people considering buying this unit trying to figure out which extended warranty they should get (being as an extended warranty is like an absolutely necessary purchase with a 360.. ;) )...

So 3 Questions if anyone knows the answers that would be awesome!:

1.) I just recently got an xbox elite from Dell, so how do I know if it is a Jasper, I heard something about looking on the back for the amps and if it is like 12 amps its an elite, is that true?

2.) About the MS warranty, was the 3 year MS warranty included in my purchase of my xbox, or is that something i have to purchase, and if I do have to purchase what are the details on it?

3.) I bought a PSP this sumer at Best Buy, the God of War red edition, with the replacement plan. I beat God of War and want the new PSP, I do see when my PSP screen is black, there are like 4 little pickles out, is that a good enough reason for them to replace it for me, and if so what are the chances I will get the new PSP to replace my old one?

Thanks CAG's!

If it says 12.1A on the back (not 14.2 or 16.5), it's a Jasper...

The 3 year RROD warranty is the standard MS warranty and you don't need to buy anything else-- but it ONLY covers the specific 3 red light errors.. and there's lots of other things that can go wrong on a 360.

They only cover dead pixels under specific circumstances. You probably should've tried to exchange it when you got it, as in the first 30 days you can pretty much do whatever. After that they have specific deal pixel requirements. That said you should probably contact BB or post in the Sony sections about that one.

[quote name='LiquorLicks']So 3 Questions if anyone knows the answers that would be awesome!:

1.) I just recently got an xbox elite from Dell, so how do I know if it is a Jasper, I heard something about looking on the back for the amps and if it is like 12 amps its an elite, is that true?

2.) About the MS warranty, was the 3 year MS warranty included in my purchase of my xbox, or is that something i have to purchase, and if I do have to purchase what are the details on it?

3.) I bought a PSP this sumer at Best Buy, the God of War red edition, with the replacement plan. I beat God of War and want the new PSP, I do see when my PSP screen is black, there are like 4 little pickles out, is that a good enough reason for them to replace it for me, and if so what are the chances I will get the new PSP to replace my old one?

Thanks CAG's![/quote]

1)
TeamLot.jpg

(12.1A )

2) I believe the warranty is good up to 3 years provided you have a RROD.

3) pickles?

Rats, mine says 14.2, not a jasper, I wounder if all the Elite's from the Dell deal were like this, or if I was the only that got screwed from getting the good stuff, well best as of now, being the jasper. I guess I better hop on this deal, cuz looks like I am headed down the RROD road, YIKES!!!!

Almost nobody has seen a Jasper Elite-- there is lots of hope that these RE5 consoles will be the first.

Or it could be MS' attempt to push out Elites that aren't selling as "limited edition" to clear the stocks for whenever they DO make Jasper Elites.

[quote name='Justin42']
They only cover dead pixels under specific circumstances. You probably should've tried to exchange it when you got it, as in the first 30 days you can pretty much do whatever. After that they have specific deal pixel requirements. That said you should probably contact BB or post in the Sony sections about that one.[/quote]What are these "dead pixels" that you speak of?

Dead pixels, like blank spots on the LCD screen without color, missing segments to the display picture, you can see them best when the screen is completely black, you will see little white specs on the display screen.

Also about the Xbox I wounder if MS just used there left over non-jasper black elites and repainted them with the red coloring, to get rid of them and out of there warehouse, to make room for an output of jasper elites or maybe a even newer version.

[quote name='LiquorLicks']Dead pixels, like blank spots on the LCD screen without color, missing segments to the display picture, you can see them best when the screen is completely black, you will see little white specs on the display screen.

Also about the Xbox I wounder if MS just used there left over non-jasper black elites and repainted them with the red coloring, to get rid of them and out of there warehouse, to make room for an output of jasper elites or maybe a even newer version.[/quote]

MS wouldn't repaint them I think, they would have just changed the top and bottom shells, and faceplate of stock that MS may have "recalled" back. I remember they did this to some consoles during the beginning RROD free repair fiasco: You would get a basically brand new console that was taken from stores and it was given the new GPU heatsink/heatpipe and given a new birth date. I know, I received one of those consoles - it was in flawless condition.

[quote name='Justin42']Almost nobody has seen a Jasper Elite-- there is lots of hope that these RE5 consoles will be the first.

Or it could be MS' attempt to push out Elites that aren't selling as "limited edition" to clear the stocks for whenever they DO make Jasper Elites.[/QUOTE]

That's what I am worried about. I am unfortunately gonna have to wait until these come out and I hear a overwhelming "Yes, it's a Jasper" before I pick one up... hopefully some will still be available...

[quote name='Stang232']That's what I am worried about. I am unfortunately gonna have to wait until these come out and I hear a overwhelming "Yes, it's a Jasper" before I pick one up... hopefully some will still be available...[/QUOTE]

Me too-- I want a Jasper unit more than I want a red Elite. I have a feeling if they ARE Jaspers, we'll hear very, very fast, perhaps before launch as web sites start getting review units and first shipments arrive in stores. I'm hoping by release day it'll be pretty well known what these units are. I can think of arguments both ways for MS to have these be Jaspers (new product, need for a "cheaper" bundle to make up for the included stuff, want a reliable Elite, kind of a wink-nod to those "in the know" about which 360 hardware you want to find) and why they may not be (LOTS of unsold Elites in stores with no real demand for them in comparison to the $50 cheaper Jasper arcade+120GB HD combo).

I keep thinking these will be like the Halo 360s-- "limited" in a kind of twisted sense of the word and easy to find for a couple of months, at least. (although who knows, if it's discovered they're Jaspers maybe it'll cause people to buy faster than normal)

I can't imagine that they would 1. Be produced in such a limited quantity as to sell out within the first few days of launch and never resurface. or 2. Be bought in such high quantities to make them extremely hard to find either.

Microsoft wants to sell consoles, this isn't like the SFIV CE where they're trying to drive demand due to limited quantities and word of mouth. Plus, factor in the Red color as a hit or miss with alot of folks and also Resident Evil not necessarily holding the mass appeal of a Halo, Mario, or MGS title and I think we'll be seeing these around for a bit. At least I hope so, as I'd definitely like to upgrade to one if it's a confirmed Jasper.

I am actually going to pass this time. I have a Falcon Elite, a Jasper Arcade Unit upgraded, and a Halo 360 all still working. I am taking control this time and saying no to another 360.

Damnit! When I saw the leaked listing of the console it seemed like it was just a red 360 with no extras so I decided to bite on the 120 GB HD that was on sale at Buy.com. Oh well. Looks like I'll have to pass on this great deal. I shouldn't be spending any more money anyways!

Gah, i just bought an arcade to replace my pro this summer. i guess i might have to find a way to get enough money for this. btw i think the color is fricking awesome, already bought the red controller and its beast, the black on red look spretty awesome. and if your a gears of war fan you could just pretend its a GoW LE 360 lol

It looks like there are some on ebay already some as much as $786.00 and the lowest at $ 500.00. I;m actually going to pass on this, I was burned on the ps3 mgs4 gun metal grey, and MS definition of limited is the mass production of a million units or more.

It's easy to make a pre-sell seem like the rarest thing on eBay ... but let's not forget the MGSIV Gray PS3 that was oh so rare and selling for heads and tails above its worth ... until a month or two after its release they were literally popping up everywhere.

Plus sometimes I think MS marks things Limited Edition so as not to confuse the ... simpler consumers who might think it's some sort of new console if not otherwise marked as an LE.

I'm tempted, like the color, going to buy RE5 anyway and need a bigger hard drive so that takes out almost half the price. At the same time my 360's still running fine and even though it was a pre-HDMI model I have nothing to hook it up through so that's a moot upgrade.

[quote name='kaseydme']At GS you get $80 for the xbox(without a hard drive) and a wireless controller, then another $25 as a special for trading in consoles right now, and another $40 for the 120GB hard drive if you wanna trade it in. So that is $80+$25+$40=$145 trade in at GS until sometime in march after the RE bundle comes out just checked tonight for myself.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...any idea what the 20gb HD goes for? I'm guessing not much if the 120 goes for $40. I'd like to dump my 360 that's been sent to MS twice for RROD and is no longer under warranty. Dropping it off at GS would be painless enough, but I never shop there so store credit isn't all that exciting. However I would feel better about selling a system that's potentially on the brink of RRODing to GS instead of somebody on CL.

EDIT: Nvm, saw in the GS trade in thread that the 20gb goes for $18. $123 is comparable to eBay prices for used Pros, even if it is GS store credit.

Are you sure you can buy one in Canada and import it? I know the U.S. points cards don't work when you try sending them outside the U.S. ... but is the actual hardware any different or exactly the same? Heck, maybe I'll drive to Canada to get one of these ... sounds like an adventure.

I might just trade in my pro with a 20 gig and get it. In need a larger hard drive and I was going to buy Resident Evil anyway. Plus its a jasper and I think it looks pretty bad ass

'Tis is Mine!! I'm ready to pre-order.
I was in the market looking to buy an XBOX 360 Elite - This is by far the best deal. I don't particularly care for the Red but Damn!!! This is awesome!!

:D

I am trying really hard to rationalize this purchase under several levels

a) My 360 has started to act up. The dashboard hangs all the time upon loading. Does this happen to anyone else?

b) The 360 freezes on occasion. For example, I am suddenly playing COD and the game begins to skip frames.

c) The console froze once recently booting up a game.

d) I need a new hard drive.

e) I was gonna buy RE anyway.

In essence I was going to spend about $200 for a new hard drive and RE5 so essentially I am upgrading to a new 360 for $200 bucks. Worth it? Is this what everyone else is doing?

Dang it, why does this have to be red? I would LOVE a special edition, but geez is this ugly. (Well, assuming RE 5 isn't the first numbed RE game I dislike...I am iffy about the whole partner mechanic...)

I'm not crazy about the red color, but I was going to pick up RE5 anyway (and my 20GB HDD doesn't have much free space). Still, I'd prefer an added incentive like an extra free controller like TRU and Sears have offered in the past.

I guess I'll likely be waiting on this as I know RE5 will be a Platinum Hits release sooner or later. $400 is a lot of cash in this economy.

i found out that elite never got jasper model, if this is jasper, it will be the first elite to be jasper.
also, i have a launch that got a repair less than a year ago, did ms upgrade my chipset and cooling system.

I might have to bite on this. In some ways it seems that I'm being selfish, because my Halo 360 is still running fine and the good Lord would probably curse me for being greedy lol. But this comes with another HDMI cable i could use, a MUCH needed bigger harddrive, RE5 which i was gonna buy anyways, a new color, and the little bonus freebie card, and possibly the first jasper elite unit

although i don't know about $400 going out right away. i got prom to pay for, phone bill, $130 a month to my parents for car insurance, dates with my girlfriend, tithe, etc.

don't get me wrong, i make a good amount per month for my age (only 18 and I make a good $1075 a month before taxes) because my mentor from church hooked me up with a job for our county's board of education.

maybe a bit before it releases i can try to sell my Halo 360 with the limited controller, 20gb HDD, and headset for a little chunk of change

but this deal is VERY tempting for me!!! then again, im an impulse buyer lol

can we in america just order from amazon.ca with no problem? what about their power outlet/plugs, are those normal 110 or do we require adapters to work.

So who all is planning on picking this up? I gotta wait till the like 9th to place an order..

What's the minimum to put down on a preordder?

Shipping Restrictions

Amazon.ca can ship items from our Software and Computer & Video Games Stores only to destinations within Canada.

bread's done
Back