Resident Evil 6 for PS3 - $19.99 at TRU, In-Store Only

S_G

CAGiversary!
TRU has RE6 for PS3 at $19.99. Appears to be in-store only for now and was clearly marked with signs showing the sale price.

The Xbox version was not marked for sale at $19.99, but I didn't have the price checked.

Credit to dezign_guy at SD for posting this first.

Here is a scan of the receipt:

357kf21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's amazing how people bash this game so much...
I found this to be a better game than RE5.

Also if Claire's gonna show up, what about Jill?

[quote name='Alex121006']did you see if the 360 version was the same price ?[/QUOTE]

Nope. The store was in the process of closing plus with no signage, I wasn't going to take the time to see about the :360: version (just wanted to hit & run to get home to the wife...)

For those who don't check the Target Clearance Thread and are near a Target, this might be worth checking out: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10342096#post10342096

YMMV, OF COURSE.

[quote name='electricsleep']I scored a fucking sweet deal tonight at the East Liberty Target in Pittsburgh. I found a :ps3: Resident Evil 6 Anthology in one of the overflow endcaps marked at full price ($89.99). It didn't have any DCPI, Online item or Repackaged stickers on it. Luckily I decided to give it a scan and it came up at $26.98! 70% off! I'm guessing it hit the clearance cycle but whatever worker was marking games never updated it with the clearance stickers. It might be a wild goose chase for most of you but if you saw one of these in an endcap its worth a trip to give it a scan. Hopefully some other CAG's can find it. Here's a pic for proof.

EDIT: I'm a dope and forgot the DCPI is on the receipt. Its 207 24 0758 for :ps3: RE 6 Anthology.
20121230_215728_zps5ec2a165.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Change the 90210 zip(the zip code in the search bar/web address) to yours and click Enter, whoever wants to search for that RE6 Anthology: http://m.target.com/fiats-results/t-14253927?zipCode=90210&city=&state=&errorPage=fiats[/QUOTE]

For the ps3, it's a mediocre anthology if you are looking for the best versions for each of the games in the series. Apparently Resident evil 1-3 are identical to the original playstation 1 versions. The best version of 1 is the gamecube remake. The best versions for 2 and 3 are for the dreamcast/gamecube (higher resolution textures). Code veronica is missing, as well as Resident Evil 0. It's better than the xbox 360 anthology, though.

Since Resident Evil 0 and the remake only came out on Gamecube, I guess they can never make a complete version of the main games, not to mention the spinoffs (Gun Survivor, Chronicles, Outbreak, etc.)

Hey guys! Those of you checking their online stash well, you're being tricked. TRU likes to do these with sale title games. I can guarantee it's in stock at your local TRU. How do I know you may ask? Well The last 2 times I bought one of those 2 x $60 deals..I would order them online for store pickup, for both times. One will be in stock the other I would have to order it saying there is no stock available within a 50-100 mile radius. First time I said ok, did my pickup Battlefield 3 and what do I see? Max Payne 3 on the shelf with 5 copies.....The second time I went , did the store pickup order only one game available.. and well the can guess the rest.

I think they do this so there will be copies for the people who actually go there for other merch.. Just head over there, I can say 95% there are copies, or you can just call.

I can say with personal knowledge that TRU (at least at my local store) witholds inventory during certain sales.

They will put a certain number of copies on the floor and keep the rest in the back until the following sunday.

[quote name='Barry Burton']it's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be

they're just mad this isn't the resident evil they grew up with[/QUOTE]

And if it was the RE they grew up with, they would say "Crapcom is just shoveling out the same game every year!" (See Call of Duty comments.) I'm glad they changed it up, just like I'm glad Dead Space 3 is doing something different. Certain types of games can be released year in and year out with minor tweaking, but how many times is a person going to be stuck in a place overwhelmed by X (zombie, aliens, monsters) and find himself alone with limited ammo?

Capcom gets a lot of hate, but Resident Evil 5, Dragon's Dogma, Lost Planet 1 and 2, Marvel v. Capcom 3, Street Fighter IV etc. are really good games. The one thing that sickens me is charging for the Azura's Wrath "true" ending. That's terrible.

[quote name='groundskeeper']Just stopped in to local TRU and no deal for me. Rang up at $39.99. Either YMMY, or ended yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Where did you try? I'm going out to try soon...

[quote name='DirtyBill']Just tried mine in Layton, UT 39.99 for both systems.[/QUOTE]

That's really weird considering the ad is at least stating its supposed to be $29.99 at he most....

This sale is confusing. Prices are not YMMV at TRU and some had reported the $20 sale price yesterday although it's still within the same weekly sale.

I can understand where people are coming from knocking this game. Honestly, if you didn't like Resident Evil 5, stay away from this game. If you liked or loved RE5, get RE6. Personally, I really enjoyed both of them. I hate quick time events to no end too.

I like how each of the four story lines feels like a different game. They all play differently but the stories all merge and crossover each other at several points. This truly is one of those games you have to play before it dies because the way multiplayer campaign works. Two people from one story line merge into each others to help out in a four play coop boss fight. Really makes things interesting.

I paid $60 and thought it was worth it. Then again, I had a friend to play through the whole game with on professional.

I added a scan of the receipt to the first post. For those not getting the price at 19.99, is this after a price scan or after being rung up and finalized for payment at the register? I know with some TRU sales, the deductions aren't made until the item is rung up at the register and finalized for payment.

Will wait for the new version whenever that comes out. It is Capcom we are talking about.

I loved the demo and the new emphasis on the action which the RE4 and RE5 "purists" hated.

Resident Evil 4 is still one of my favorite games. I play through it every year or so. It holds up well, but time has probably colored a lot of folks' memories. There have been real improvements to 3rd person action games since RE4 came out.

I liked RE5 a good bit. Didn't think it made the impression that RE4 did, but it was still a bundle of fun.

I picked up RE6 last week on a whim for $40 and have not been disappointed. There are some rough edges and I can see where many people would fault it for the constant video interruptions and QTE events, but it's still a lot of fun. It's a MASSIVE game with lots of RE fan service and plenty of interesting and atmospheric places to explore. I didn't like the gameplay at first, but it's growing on me. This isn't the kind of game where you stand at a distance and rack up headshots. The shooting is often best used as a setup to get in close and melee. Each campaign is very different and each of the four campaigns is the length of many AAA games. It feels like a collection in a way.

For $20, this is a no-brainer for anyone with a passing interest in the franchise and many non-RE fans will even find a lot to like.

Now... to find out if I can get Best Buy to match the price :)

[quote name='Havok83']Can a receipt be used to PM to BB?[/QUOTE]

Probably YMMV. It didn't work the one time I tried it at my local store :(

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Every time I see this cover all I can think about is how traumatized that guy must be after being forced to suck off that purple giraffe.[/QUOTE]

all this time I thought it was a kangaroo...hmm...

I just walked out of my toys r us. Online said it didn't carry ps3 or 360 version, but they had both. Ps3 version had a sign that said now $20 off $19.99, and rang up $19.99. 360 version had no sign and rang up $29.99. I bought the ps3 version and am now going to take it to Walmart and exchange for a 360 version. I have both systems but would prefer the 360 version! I will post pics of the sign and receipt when I get home.

I can confirm that the deal is valid in the Newark, DE Toys R Us. And they have quite a bit left in stock. And it is Delaware, so tax free.

I thought RE6 was terrible. There are a lot of nice mechanics glommed on to a terrible game. It hurls you from brain dead scripted segment to brain dead scripted segment. The combat doubles down on shooting enemies but gives you a lousy cover system more suited to dodging ponderous melee enemies. I loved RE4 and choked through RE5 but RE6 is just lousy from top to bottom. I can't understand anyone who defends it. I spent ages trying to find something to like as I did really like the dodging and the enemy/weapon variety.

Mercenaries is worse too if you at all care for score. If you don't it is decent fun but the score mechanics are wretched.

I was able to get the last XBOX 360 version (sold out for PS3) for $19.99 (after a price adjust) in Lima, PA. They had signs for both versions in the case (the deal was supposed to end on 1/1), but still required a manual adjustment.

i like resident evil 6 more than 4. different people like different things, you don't have to understand this, just accept it.

[quote name='Rsmobile']I thought RE6 was terrible. There are a lot of nice mechanics glommed on to a terrible game. It hurls you from brain dead scripted segment to brain dead scripted segment. The combat doubles down on shooting enemies but gives you a lousy cover system more suited to dodging ponderous melee enemies. I loved RE4 and choked through RE5 but RE6 is just lousy from top to bottom. I can't understand anyone who defends it. I spent ages trying to find something to like as I did really like the dodging and the enemy/weapon variety.

Mercenaries is worse too if you at all care for score. If you don't it is decent fun but the score mechanics are wretched.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rsmobile']I thought RE6 was terrible. .... I can't understand anyone who defends it...[/QUOTE]

Can't understand that different people have different tastes? A lack of empathy is an indicator of autism, psychopathy, or narcissism. If you've any of those traits, how valuable is your opinion to the majority of people on the fence about buying the game?

It's certainly been a divisive title. The point has been made repeatedly that RE6 was a poster boy for game journalists striking out against all that they disliked about the state of AAA game development today. It's rare to see a big budget title get such wide ranging review scores.

[quote name='JMClarkent']I was able to get the last XBOX 360 version (sold out for PS3) for $19.99 (after a price adjust) in Lima, PA. They had signs for both versions in the case (the deal was supposed to end on 1/1), but still required a manual adjustment.[/QUOTE]

Weird! Cuz I had signs for ps3 but none for 360. Hoping a Walmart exchange goes smoothly.

[quote name='Bigmeat23']Weird! Cuz I had signs for ps3 but none for 360. Hoping a Walmart exchange goes smoothly.[/QUOTE]

Return fraud....fuck yeah!

So yeah no go at Manchester, CT Toys R US. Rings up at $29.99 after promo/total cash out so I said "F Dat."

360 and PS3 version btw

Probably a good thing cuz my backlog is big enough already. Even for $20.

Toys R Us is near where I work so It's not a big deal driving there to check out deals. This is the first time, however,that people have posted deals and it didn't reflect at my store.

[quote name='midloo']Can't understand that different people have different tastes? A lack of empathy is an indicator of autism, psychopathy, or narcissism. If you've any of those traits, how valuable is your opinion to the majority of people on the fence about buying the game?

It's certainly been a divisive title. The point has been made repeatedly that RE6 was a poster boy for game journalists striking out against all that they disliked about the state of AAA game development today. It's rare to see a big budget title get such wide ranging review scores.[/QUOTE]

Well for what it's worth, passive aggressive insults have always tended to be the mark of a valuable video game opinion in my book, especially from someone who then suggests that negative reviews are a sign of lashing out rather than genuine dislike. Is there some snide insinuation to be made for the guy who likes to explain away others opinions as not really their opinions on that matter but instead unrelated frustrations?

My problem with the game was that storyline-wise there was just no need for a Resident Evil 6. Part 5 wrapped a perfectly good bow on the series.

[quote name='matrix9280']My problem with the game was that storyline-wise there was just no need for a Resident Evil 6. Part 5 wrapped a perfectly good bow on the series.[/QUOTE]

I liked the story. It's not like Wesker going away suddenly caused world peace.

The story has always been leading up to what happens in 6. Aka B.O.W.'s and viruses actually being used as weapons for war.

As far as the game goes in general I really like it. I've spent far more time with 6 than I have with 4 and 5 combined. Mercenaries is actually fun this time due to the new gameplay mechanics.

[quote name='plus1zero']29.99 for me too on 360. Would've bit at 20 but not 30..I think it'll drop some more[/QUOTE]

Me too at the Woodbridge VA location.

He said it rang up $40 which I pointed out its showing a different on the Sig Cap machine ($29.99)...which he just said oh sure.

I guess they are keeping the best and the brightest on after the holiday. But I will just wait it out.

[quote name='whoknows']There's always this:
[/QUOTE]
Considering how all the promotional viral videos for RE5 implied Chris losing his mind, this...is only a natural progression of his character.

bread's done
Back