Resident Evil 6 for PS3 - $19.99 at TRU, In-Store Only

S_G

CAGiversary!
TRU has RE6 for PS3 at $19.99. Appears to be in-store only for now and was clearly marked with signs showing the sale price.

The Xbox version was not marked for sale at $19.99, but I didn't have the price checked.

Credit to dezign_guy at SD for posting this first.

Here is a scan of the receipt:

357kf21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sixspeednissan']Too bad I can't get a price match somewhere else. I have some extra BB credit. I'd love to get it at that price.[/QUOTE]

I had a $15 Bestbuy certificate I was wanting to use, so while my wife and I were in BB today we told one of the CSRs we know pretty well about the deal and she tried to call several TRUs to find one that would actually tell her the correct price and not give her the lazy/not actually checking "it's $59.99" bs. While we waited my wife found on her phone that Best Buy Canada has it for the same price, and the CSR ended up using that for the price override.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=4bc8e5440a1f760bbfc923231dcb222fen02

I didn't know they could use the Canadian website, but apparently they can, so you may have some luck there.

[quote name='Alien Spider']I had a $15 Bestbuy certificate I was wanting to use, so while my wife and I were in BB today we told one of the CSRs we know pretty well about the deal and she tried to call several TRUs to find one that would actually tell her the correct price and not give her the lazy/not actually checking "it's $59.99" bs. While we waited my wife found on her phone that Best Buy Canada has it for the same price, and the CSR ended up using that for the price override.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=4bc8e5440a1f760bbfc923231dcb222fen02

I didn't know they could use the Canadian website, but apparently they can, so you may have some luck there.[/QUOTE]

If you're PMing Canada, they also have NHL 13 for $20. http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=c1faea40e73abdbe7ed05ca6af1abab5en02

Capcom was hoping RE6 would sell 7 million copies and it's only sold like half of that so far. Still 3.5 million (and counting) is nothing to sneeze at. I'm sure they made a bunch of money.

Wow.

I thought people were bad for price matching clearance pricing...

now we're taking it to another level and price matching other countries.

Best Buy would be doing themselves a favor by reeducating some of their employees.

[quote name='whoknows']You have no idea. There's also people who will only by Capcom games used.

Capcom's days are numbered.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure that reply was sarcasm

[quote name='Monsta Mack']lol I'm sure your being sarcastic but I know quite a few people who bought SFXTekken used (myself included) once I heard about the DLC locked on the disc fiasco. The game also dropped pretty quickly, and it didn't help that slickdeals and CAG were exposed to the $10 madness thru gamefly.

Capcom hurt It's base just as well with UMVC3 since it was released so close to MVC3 (not even a year apart!) that I decided to skip UMVC3 just to spite Capcom, but In the end the game was still received pretty well that I doubt it hurt their sales much.

RE6 has been below Capcom's expectations in terms of sales. Capcom has said themselves.

However, despite all these recent events Capcom has posted a profit their last 2 (3?) quarters so I'm sure they are doing just fine. They just have to start listening to their fanbase here and there and they should be fine.[/QUOTE]

I am, I don't understand people who do it honestly. On disc DLC is the same as normal DLC to me. It's not like if it wasn't on the disc we'd be getting it for free.

UMVC3 did suck, but when you think about it all the content they added would probably have cost $40 or more as DLC anyway. Maybe they should have waited a little longer before releasing it, but it wasn't a bad deal.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Went to my local toys r us to try and pick up re6,but they were completely out. Not even a shelf tag.[/QUOTE]

Also sold out at my TRU, sadly. I wanted to experience more co-op excitement...hoping for a gold edition to come out soon.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Went to my local toys r us to try and pick up re6,but they were completely out. Not even a shelf tag.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too. :( I'm gonna try one more store tomorrow.

[quote name='camelking6969']picked mine up. had 39.99 on the shelf tag. they had plenty[/QUOTE]

Drat! I was there yesterday and saw the $39.99 sales tasge and didn't even bother checking the price.

BTW, a transition to action is not always bad. Look at Alien to Aliens. Both are geat movies.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']Drat! I was there yesterday and saw the $39.99 sales tasge and didn't even bother checking the price.

BTW, a transition to action is not always bad. Look at Alien to Aliens. Both are geat movies.[/QUOTE]

RE4 was Aliens. RE6 is theatrical Alien 3.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']RE4 was Aliens. RE6 is theatrical Alien 3.[/QUOTE]

Isn't Alien 3 technically a theatrical Alien 3? I mean, it was an actual movie after all.

Alien 3 was pretty darn good, imo. And so was RE6. I got this for $24.99 on black friday and was surprised to find that I enjoyed it a lot - and found the interweaving storylines of all the 4 campaigns compelling. It seemed like they incorporated a lot of elements from the Dead Space franchise into the gameplay which, imo, was a change for the better.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']

BTW, a transition to action is not always bad. Look at Alien to Aliens. Both are geat movies.[/QUOTE]
You do know there's a wide difference in movies and games, right?

Full disclosure, I ordered this game a few days ago off Amazon Warehouse and have only played the demo and the problem I think with purely action based Resident Evil is it's own gameplay mechanics are still so dated. Everything that Chris' scenario tries to accomplish is just so awkward. The view is too close to really make for some quick fun shooting, but instead just feels out of place. Cover mechanic that seems kinda pointless with enemies who seem prone to run up to you. Confusing interface and other things. Same thing with Jake's. Not saying it's the worst fucking thing in the world of action based RE games (Raccoon City), but even from the demo there is clearly problems.

I'm not bashing on Capcom, but people seem either too quick to hate or too quick to not criticize.

[quote name='jsvalmont']Isn't Alien 3 technically a theatrical Alien 3? I mean, it was an actual movie after all.

Alien 3 was pretty darn good, imo. And so was RE6. I got this for $24.99 on black friday and was surprised to find that I enjoyed it a lot - and found the interweaving storylines of all the 4 campaigns compelling. It seemed like they incorporated a lot of elements from the Dead Space franchise into the gameplay which, imo, was a change for the better.[/QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_3#2003_Assembly_Cut

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm not bashing on Capcom, but people seem either too quick to hate or too quick to not criticize.[/QUOTE]

Or most likely too quick to join a hate bandwagon without actually playing the game.

i play the demo atleast 3x a week because i think its fun. dont see what all the fuss is about. some of u people take gaming way too seriously and/or would've hated playing video games in the 80s and early 90s.

[quote name='PokemonRexRay']fastest game to drop to $19.99. the game came out October 1. 3 months later its $19.99 crappy game everyone. game set match. good night :)[/QUOTE]
That makes no sense and you're an idiot for posting that. By your logic then that means Borderlands 2 was a flop since it came out in September 18 and around the week of November 18-24 it was $20-$25 nearly everywhere and that was only within two months. Same with games like Need for Speed: Most Wanted, XCom and many others because they dropped way below half price in less then a month and a half.

And there's a GIGANTIC difference between a sale and a drop. Learn them.

[quote name='PokemonRexRay']fastest game to drop to $19.99. the game came out October 1. 3 months later its $19.99 crappy game everyone. game set match. good night :)[/QUOTE]

I do believe that honor went deservingly to NeverDead.

Nah it'd have to be Homefront. Do people not remember the amazon fiasco of it dropping to like $42 the next day after release?

Wasn't there a title in early 2012 (Inversion, maybe?) that was a DOTD at Best Buy a week after release for $19.99? I remember getting that, the newest Silent Hill game, and Resident Evil ORC all for $18 or $20 around that time and they were all very new releases...

And just to keep this on-topic: I bought RE6 as part of the BB $20 RZ Cert pre-order deal (only because after playing/PM'ing/trading in, I made credit on it) and thought it was enjoyable enough. Campaigns are decent (especially Leon's), co-op is fun, and it's a solid bang-for-your-buck 24ish hours of gameplay. Never played any of the other RE games though (still have RE5 in the backlog) but I think it's well worth $20 IMO...

[quote name='esalw822']Wasn't there a title in early 2012 (Inversion, maybe?) that was a DOTD at Best Buy a week after release for $19.99? I remember getting that, the newest Silent Hill game, and Resident Evil ORC all for $18 or $20 around that time and they were all very new releases...

And just to keep this on-topic: I bought RE6 as part of the BB $20 RZ Cert pre-order deal (only because after playing/PM'ing/trading in, I made credit on it) and thought it was enjoyable enough. Campaigns are decent (especially Leon's), co-op is fun, and it's a solid bang-for-your-buck 24ish hours of gameplay. Never played any of the other RE games though (still have RE5 in the backlog) but I think it's well worth $20 IMO...[/QUOTE]

I believe that was Inversion. I bit on that deal and definitely regret it. Even though i got my money back.

No, 50 Cent Blood in the Sand: 1 week went to $19.99 at Microcenter.

I guess I'm the only veteran on CAG recalling going to Circuit City to buy Beyond Good and Evil for $10 2 weeks after release.

[quote name='Rsmobile']I thought Inversion was pretty good myself for a B tier actioner[/QUOTE]

It was way too cut scene heavy. Making it lose whatever motivation you had

Managed to get a Price Match at Best Buy. Don't trust TRU inventory right now. I went to 3 different stores that all claimed that they had it in stock and nothing.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Managed to get a Price Match at Best Buy. Don't trust TRU inventory right now. I went to 3 different stores that all claimed that they had it in stock and nothing.[/QUOTE]

You use the BB Canada ad or CAG powers lol? :lol:

Ugh, found a $20 tag at one store and a $30 tag at another. No stock at either. Isn't this advertised in their ad this week? What's going on, TRU?

[quote name='GreyFoxx2002']You use the BB Canada ad or CAG powers lol? :lol:[/QUOTE]

No, I just showed them a pic I took of the tag at TRU saying that it was 19.99 and showed them the end date. They matched it with no problem.

Yea I got Resident Evil: ORC a month after release for $18 Best Buy DotD. Pretty fun game, just way too short. Certainly a far better game than RE6.

Dumb question but I'm playing the game and liking it sofar but is there anyway to pause the game or is it like dark souls/demon souls where you can't ?

[quote name='roundhouse']Yea I got Resident Evil: ORC a month after release for $18 Best Buy DotD. Pretty fun game, just way too short. Certainly a far better game than RE6.[/QUOTE]
I Beg to differ, in fact alot of people here would beg to differ.

[quote name='roundhouse']Yea I got Resident Evil: ORC a month after release for $18 Best Buy DotD. Pretty fun game, just way too short. Certainly a far better game than RE6.[/QUOTE]

I like ORC, but there is no way it's even close to being as good as RE6.

Your statement is quite possibly the closest I have come to dying from sheer troll shock.

Either way I just pmed at BB for 20$. No way could any future RE game be worse than ORC

[quote name='dgwillia006']Your statement is quite possibly the closest I have come to dying from sheer troll shock.

Either way I just pmed at BB for 20$. No way could any future RE game be worse than ORC[/QUOTE]

How did you PM? I am going to try this but BB Canada is a strech and my TRU is clueless (if they call they will say its $60 since it rings up as $19.99 but they dont have it in stock (shocker) and don't have the tag price up.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Now people are allowed to have opinions

but his opinion is wrong[/QUOTE]
Did I say he was wrong in his opinion? No, I merely stated that it's up for great debate on ORC being better then RE6. I'm personally not a fan of Raccoon City, but I didn't lash out at him.

bread's done
Back