Resident Evil 6 for PS3 - $19.99 at TRU, In-Store Only

S_G

CAGiversary!
TRU has RE6 for PS3 at $19.99. Appears to be in-store only for now and was clearly marked with signs showing the sale price.

The Xbox version was not marked for sale at $19.99, but I didn't have the price checked.

Credit to dezign_guy at SD for posting this first.

Here is a scan of the receipt:

357kf21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent the wife out this afternoon and she snagged the last PS3 copy.... $19.99

After she called to tell me the only signs posted in-store said $39.99(and after seeing some of these posts) I didn't think it was going to work out for me.

Thanks TC!

[quote name='Barry Burton']it's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be

they're just mad this isn't the resident evil they grew up with[/QUOTE]

I didn't grow up with RE. I liked RE4 and I loved RE5, I never played any of the others. I tried the demo for RE6 and thought it was beyond awful. The controls are terrible, the graphics are somehow inferior to RE5 (despite the game coming out a few years after re5), and everything just seems bland and generic.

Well, Google Product says they have it in stock, but the site says they dont have it for PS3. Dont really feel like driving 20 miles just to see...

I can confirm that the Toys R Us in Bellingham MA has RE6 for $20. There was a sale sticker there which read 19.99

Snagged a PS3 copy, but anyone interested had better act fast because I saw only one left behind the glass afterwards. Didn't check the 360 versions though.

best buy may price match YMMV... walmart flat out refused to price match even with receipt (they suck anyways), best buy had someone right off the bat agree to my request to price match with a toys r us receipt in hand... walmarts excuse the employee gave me was that "they wouldn't know what day the sale was on"... I guess they don't know how to read a date on another store's receipt, is it just me or does walmart hire the lowest common denominator of the gene pool for their management?... SUCCESS! off to best buy to claim another copy of resident evil 6 for me and my cousin to play co-op!

Managed to snag both the X box and ps3 version for $20. They did have a sign that said up to $20 off RE6,Sleeping Dog, and Black Ops 2.

Note that the xbox deal was a mistake. They honored the price and took down the sign that listed the xbox version as $20.

picked up a PS3 copy of RE 6 @ Paramus, NJ 07652. just came back and they had about 4 copies left after picking a copy for myself.

They had a sign the ps3 for 19.99. The xbox version sign said 39.99

[quote name='vickers500']I didn't grow up with RE. I liked RE4 and I loved RE5, I never played any of the others. I tried the demo for RE6 and thought it was beyond awful. The controls are terrible, the graphics are somehow inferior to RE5 (despite being a few years older than re5), and everything just seems bland and generic.[/QUOTE]

Yep, my thoughts exactly. I love RE5. It's one of only 3 games I have platinum trophy on. Tried the RE6 demo and thought it was the worst shooter (let's call it what it really is, a third person shooter with horror elements) that I've played since Haze.

Thanks OP. Got the last copy at my store even though the stock locator said OOS. No signage at all and when the CSR initially scanned the game it came up $39.99 but when he totaled it, the $19.99 price came up.

Damn, with Sleeping Dogs being $20 too, I could've saved myself $15 instead of getting it with RE6 from the Gamestop b2g1 deal on BF if I got all the games separately. D'OH!

[quote name='Deader2818']I have heard rumors that a Wii U version is being worked on that will have a 5th campaign with Claire and someone else along with other things and a "gold" one will be out for 360 and PS3.

http://www.examiner.com/article/res...e-may-be-coming-to-wii-u-with-claire-and-more[/QUOTE]

It's still a rumor. And it's supposed to be a wii U exclusive.

RE6 has a ton of QTE. The only campaign worth playing is Leon's imo.

My TRU was empty. There wasn't even any sales on the shelf. It still had the $59.99 sticker on the shelf... Bastards.

I would attach a picture I took of the in-store sign that is on the shelves, but I can't figure out how to do it. When I read it in the store it says from 12/30 - 1/5.

just picked up the last ps3 version of this for $19.99 at my local TRU, their was no sale sticker showing the sale price, i had to have the sales person scan it, and it rang up for $19.99, (or $40 with $20 off ?) its kind of strange thoe... the ps3 version rang up for $20 and the 360 version rang up for $30.
well i still managed to get my ps3 copy for $20, so im happy.
thanks OP :)

[quote name='coopscohen']Thanks OP. Got the last copy at my store even though the stock locator said OOS. No signage at all and when the CSR initially scanned the game it came up $39.99 but when he totaled it, the $19.99 price came up.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i checked my stock locator also, and it said OOS, but when i went today, their was 1 copy left.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']It's still a rumor. And it's supposed to be a wii U exclusive.

RE6 has a ton of QTE. The only campaign worth playing is Leon's imo.[/QUOTE]

Kung Fu Jake disagrees

[quote name='Sharp Katana']It's still a rumor. And it's supposed to be a wii U exclusive.

RE6 has a ton of QTE. The only campaign worth playing is Leon's imo.[/QUOTE]
this is Capcom we are talking about. Chances are they are already planning the Complete version for the PS3/360 sometime next year

walked in, saw 1 copy and got electronics lady. Didn't notice a price and was told it was 60$, asked her to price check and it rang 19.99, she says "well damn" I walk out with a smile on my face

thats how a CAG rolls

[quote name='midloo']Can't understand that different people have different tastes? A lack of empathy is an indicator of autism, psychopathy, or narcissism. [/QUOTE]

OK how about you all calm down now

Wow

[quote name='tokyostomp']Im interested but will not bite in this bears the capcom name. I refuse to support them[/QUOTE]
So why even post? You weren't going to buy it in the first place and have no interest in doing so no matter the price it seems, so what's the point?

RE6 didn't really seem to have any more QTE's than 4 or 5 did to me.

I'm not sure where the complaints regarding that are coming from. Guess people decided to complain after 7 years. Seems to be how a lot of the RE6 complaints are.

Well i really like this franchise, this one just controls better( moving while shooting)it feels movie like and has more variety. People love to whine especially since they see alot of change in halo and cod .Change as in the year 2025 instead of modern.

Capcom is still a great company but i think they are learning alot from american companies.

People are very, very spoiled. Can't please the masses especially when they're all asses. When call of duty is the top selling game in America i think you can not trust gamer's opinion since they have nooo taste. Resident Evil 6 for $20 bucks is a steal.

PS:people whining about QTE are noobs since they dont know you have a skill in the game that makes them rarely noticeable. But i guess people rather be bitten and not have to press anything while waiting for zombie to stop. I guess developers need to hold the consumer hand more since all they know is FPS.

People complain about COD/Madden being the same game every year but when a franchise they like changes up the formula, they get super pissed.

I think that gamer's get jealous because literally anything with "Resident Evil" stamped on it is going to outsell their favorite wizard warrior RPG.

Why is it that whenever a deal for RE6 comes up, people feel the need to envoke thier opinion on this game? I am not a big fan of shooters, so when a deal comes up for Halo or COD, I am not going nuts on the deal page claiming the game is good or bad. Have we forgot what this website is all about?? Finding deals, not bashing whether a game is good or not??? Since being on here since 2003, I can't remember one game being criticized as much as this one.

[quote name='GBAstar']I think that gamer's get jealous because literally anything with "Resident Evil" stamped on it is going to outsell their favorite wizard warrior RPG.[/QUOTE]

Lol! I've thought the same about call of duty or madden.

[quote name='plus1zero']Lol! I've thought the same about call of duty or madden.[/QUOTE]

And it's only right all those games do outsell them. If they were better they'd sell better.

Damn, even with the 100% BB bonus trade in this still won't make a good flip. Oh well.

I won't get into a quality argument over this game on this subforum but I will say that RE6 is the only game in my entire gaming career that has made me angry enough to refuse to play it.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']Damn, even with the 100% BB bonus trade in this still won't make a good flip. Oh well.

I won't get into a quality argument over this game on this subforum but I will say that RE6 is the only game in my entire gaming career that has made me angry enough to refuse to play it.[/QUOTE]
you should try spiderman: web of shadows

Bit at a loss on all the hate here. While I agree RE6 suffers from some camera problems, the game is still easily a AAA title that is packed with action and excellent presentation.

Those who bicker about RE's failure to return to its roots are either lost in nostalgic oblivion or haven't played the seminal RE4 to its completion. Capcom's decision to take RE towards an action-oriented franchise is hardly shocking. RE4 already implicated the direction, and RE5 only took the series closer to that direction. RE6 is simply a culmination of that direction.

I am pleased with the new ideas and fresh take on the series, and let's face it, RE was in need of it. Those who think RE would be better served by going back to the gameplay and design of the the first three have no idea what they're talking about. In today's market, Capcom is smart to incorporate more mainstream set pieces and high-octane presentation to compete against titles such as Halo, Call of Duty, and Dead Space.

And speaking of Dead Space, those who are complaining about RE not being survival horror, I would suggest you go and play Dead Space 1 and 2. Fact is RE long abandoned the genre; if anything, it has always been more action and (at best) a slight cheeky over-the-top version of Romero and now the Walking Dead. Dead Space owns the survival horror genre now, but even there you see Visceral taking measures to take the series closer to what Capcom did here. Not surprising.

Bottomline - the overly negative reviews are wrong (IMHO); this game deserves at least an 8 or 8.5. It is by no means perfect, but it is still a spectacular title. This is no Dino Crisis 3; it's more akin to the transtion from Dino Crisis 1 to Dino Crisis 2 -- heavy on action, superb presentation, and far and away the best voice acting in a Capcom game since anything else I can remember, and easily the best in the RE franchise.

[quote name='tokyostomp']Im interested but will not bite in this bears the capcom name. I refuse to support them[/QUOTE]

Oh man, at this rate they'll have to file for bankruptcy

[quote name='Madrocsz']walked in, saw 1 copy and got electronics lady. Didn't notice a price and was told it was 60$, asked her to price check and it rang 19.99, she says "well damn" I walk out with a smile on my face

thats how a CAG rolls[/QUOTE]
Pretty much a employee being lazy, and or knows that it is on sale and tries to trick every customer until they are off their shift so they can purchase it.

Every CAG should always make them ring it up so you can see the price, and if they try to be difficult just get someone else or a manager to do it.

I think ill wait until,e3 or so to get this. I have a feeling there might be some sort of gold edition. Tjat or the archives version will get cheap.

[quote name='GBAstar']I think that gamer's get jealous because literally anything with "Resident Evil" stamped on it is going to outsell their favorite wizard warrior RPG.[/QUOTE]

Ok so first it was old school RE fans who were to blame, then the attacks were directed at COD and FPS fans, and now the blame has shifted to fans of Fantasy RPGs. I suppose anyone who enjoys Tetris or Peggle better prepare themselves.

This thread is amusing.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Oh man, at this rate they'll have to file for bankruptcy[/QUOTE]

You have no idea. There's also people who will only by Capcom games used.

Capcom's days are numbered.

[quote name='whoknows']You have no idea. There's also people who will only by Capcom games used.

Capcom's days are numbered.[/QUOTE]

lol I'm sure your being sarcastic but I know quite a few people who bought SFXTekken used (myself included) once I heard about the DLC locked on the disc fiasco. The game also dropped pretty quickly, and it didn't help that slickdeals and CAG were exposed to the $10 madness thru gamefly.

Capcom hurt It's base just as well with UMVC3 since it was released so close to MVC3 (not even a year apart!) that I decided to skip UMVC3 just to spite Capcom, but In the end the game was still received pretty well that I doubt it hurt their sales much.

RE6 has been below Capcom's expectations in terms of sales. Capcom has said themselves.

However, despite all these recent events Capcom has posted a profit their last 2 (3?) quarters so I'm sure they are doing just fine. They just have to start listening to their fanbase here and there and they should be fine.

bread's done
Back