Resident Evil Raccoon City Special Edition Back In Stock (360 only)

[quote name='neuropunk']has more to do with Capcom not making good games anymore, rather than trying to look cool.[/QUOTE]

I guess we have to disagree then. RE5 was one of my favorite off line co-op games of this generations and the Gold Edition was my favorite move enable game.

RE Revelations is arguably the best game on the 3DS that doesn't have "Mario" in the title.

still picking this one up. Steelbook and all! The videos make it seem like it will be fun. It wont rewrite the multi-player game but will be fun to play for awhile.

I've never even read any reviews on or even heard of that review site so I'm going to wait until more popular websites post up reviews before I consider dropping my preorder.

EDIT: I'm on the same boat as GBAstar. I loved the co-op in RE5 and liked Revelations for the 3DS.

im having a hard time finding about the alternate costumes. is it only a pre order bonus or is it included with this special edition?

[quote name='Rainman']im having a hard time finding about the alternate costumes. is it only a pre order bonus or is it included with this special edition?[/QUOTE]

It's included in the special edition + couple extra guns not available seperately... OR you can buy the costumes/weapons as dlc for I think 7 dollars for the pack xboxlive ( well minus 2 guns I believe )

I'll wait for more reviews before I go canceling.

Hopefully Ryan Clements, Colin Moriarty or Greg Miller from IGN review it. I actually like those guys

All right, made it happen. Thanks to SnakeintheGrass for posting the re-up and both he and $hady for the shipping info!

Damn this special edition looks REALLY nice, some pictures have popped up on some websites and on ebay, gah damn.

I want the special edition, so I might just cancel my regular in hopes of someone selling a special edition here on CAG or amazon warehouse.... man this sucks. I cant justify paying 64 for a regular edition from gamestop when i could get it anywhere else a few weeks later for 40 something.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I'll wait for more reviews before I go canceling.

Hopefully Ryan Clements, Colin Moriarty or Greg Miller from IGN review it. I actually like those guys[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they're a little more open-minded about it if they do, because the last two previews from IGN have pretty much bashed the game for not being like the old titles which, not to say that I don't hope to heaven this game isn't great, is fairly unreasonable. A game should be judged on its own merits, not have to rely on precedent from games which were intentionally taken in completely different directions with completely different experiences in mind.

That said, I hardly ever let IGN tell me what to buy. GameSpot on the other hand... :p

When all else fails best buy.com I pre ordered last week..:D
I had lots of fun with this game at e3 last year so it's a buy for me.

Some free DLC was just announced for this. You gotta wonder if this was originally paid DLC and they opted to go free to keep people's confidence up despite the negativity.

Or, maybe they're just suffering a wicked backlash from the street fighter x tekken on disc DLC fiasco.

[quote name='The Punisher']Anyone know if there's a offline 2 player co-op? I know there's online, but my bro just wanted to know.[/QUOTE]

I've seen complaints of no split screen so probably not.

[quote name='styl3s']The place that gave it a 3 also gave SSX a 5, which is easily a 9 for me.

Reviews mean nothing to, having played this at 2 events i am already sold on it, the multiplayer was fun, have no interest in the SP.[/QUOTE]

this. reviews are ALWAYS subjective. lets be honest here. we've all enjoyed our fair share of stinkers over the years. as long as its fun, who cares if its not the next big thing?

i, myself, plan on keeping my $60 preorder of the SE at amazon and then redboxing the game to get a feel for it. if i like it, ill open it and keep it. if its not to my liking, then ill sell it on ebay or return it.

I pre-ordered the SE for the $60 price like many others and just watched the gamestop review and it looks really fun to me.

Also, let's be honest here, how many games with co-op AI are that good? The AI may function decently, but we are no where near the point of even close to true human-like AI.

Yeah games like ME have decent AI, but imagine if the game allowed an actual person to drop in and control a squad mate. Two XBL friends of mine are picking this up day one and we plan on playing it when we all have time and it seems like it'll be a blast, whether it's SP or MP.

Reviews are a persons opinion, and sometimes your opinion lines up with theirs and sometimes it doesn't. I use reviews as guidelines. Like if they say the graphics aren't great or the game is glitchy I can take that into account, but nothing will replace trying a demo/playing the game yourself.

Honestly I was just checking out some of the reviews from that mag just to see what is going on here: Raccoon City got a 3/10. Catherine got a 5/10. Neverdead got a 4/10. SSX got a 5/10......

So I will wait for another couple of reviews to come out before I pass judgment on RE:RC....I find it hard to believe its worse then Neverdead which was absolute shit and that they thought both Catherine and SSX where only mediocre with a 5/10.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I trust GAF as much as I trust Jim Sterling. And I hate Jim Sterling with the fire of a thousand suns and think he is the worst reviewer of video games walking the face of the earth.[/QUOTE]

how do you really feel? i mean dont hold back on us now or anything.

A positive review doesn't mean the game is good but consistent bad reviews is most likely an indication the game is garbage.

[quote name='Stele']A positive review doesn't mean the game is good but consistent bad reviews is most likely an indication the game is garbage.[/QUOTE]

But when the review comes from a known internet troll (Jim Sterling) or a site with a bunch of wannabes then the legitimacy must be called into question. :cool:

[quote name='Stele']A positive review doesn't mean the game is good but consistent bad reviews is most likely an indication the game is garbage.[/QUOTE]

I think IGN gave it a bad review.

Like others said, wait until it comes out.

Reviews hardly mean anything anymore. I love Dynasty Warriors games, yet they tend to get horrible reviews, doesnt make them any less fun.

I think the "problem" with Jim is that he's "honest" and that's not a bad thing. In the long run reviews are extremely opinionated and should always be taken with a grain of salt. I mean, there's been plenty of games that I enjoyed and people gave them 4.5's - 6.0's but it just got to the point where I didn't care what they said. Reviews I ever so slightly or moderately trust are from GameTrailers, and I say that because they show a ton of gameplay and issues as the review plays out. I've been on the fence about this game and the only thing that has entertained me is the nostalgia behind it. A lot of the gameplay that I've seen looks pretty clunky / sloppy, well and kind of forgettable to be honest.

Yea, I agree.. they mean nothing. Sometimes when a game is reviewed so poorly, it actually makes me want to play it more lol. I'm sure that isn't only me either.

[quote name='barrit']Yea, I agree.. they mean nothing. Sometimes when a game is reviewed so poorly, it actually makes me want to play it more lol. I'm sure that isn't only me either.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you people are called masochists.

[quote name='JoshTX']Some free DLC was just announced for this. You gotta wonder if this was originally paid DLC and they opted to go free to keep people's confidence up despite the negativity.

Or, maybe they're just suffering a wicked backlash from the street fighter x tekken on disc DLC fiasco.[/QUOTE]

Capcom + Free DLC = The end of the world is near...

[quote name='GUNNM']oh wow the DLC sounds awesome.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city-free-dlc-drops-april-10-6366621[/QUOTE]

+1

[quote name='dgwillia006']Reviews hardly mean anything anymore. I love Dynasty Warriors games, yet they tend to get horrible reviews, doesnt make them any less fun.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.
I´ve played games like Army of Two (1 & 2) and Transformers War for Cybertron, they got some bad reviews at release and mixed reviews later on. Personally, I had a GREAT time beating those games in online coop with a friend and if any asks me for a score they are at least 8/10 for me.

[quote name='FerDK']Personally, I had a GREAT time beating those games in online coop with a friend and if any asks me for a score they are at least 8/10 for me.[/QUOTE]
That was about what those two games scored. Saying reviews don't matter (especially on the aggregate level) and everyone's opinion is equally valid is like saying bad taste doesn't exist or there is no difference in everybody's level of sophistication or intelligence.

[quote name='Stele']That was about what those two games scored. Saying reviews don't matter (especially on the aggregate level) and everyone's opinion is equally valid is like saying bad taste doesn't exist or there is no difference in everybody's level of sophistication or intelligence.[/QUOTE]

There is no such thing as bad taste. Taste is a personal thing, I like spicy food some don't that doesn't mean either of us have bad taste in terms of food. I really enjoy JRPGs, others dislike them, again preference. Intelligence is something that has a level that can be graded, either you're smart or you're not. Granted you can be smart in history but dumb as a nail in math, but that doesn't mean you are dumb. Just that you are lacking in math and excel in history. Sophistication is also based on the culture you are from. Slurping soup in either China or Japan is a good thing, in England it isn't.

Everyone's taste is different, reviews mean absolutely nothing to me because i happen to like quite a few games that don't core 9s or 10's.

I prefer to live by "play it and form your own opinion" mindset, i am not a sheep nor will i let reviews dictate what i like/play.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Dang, woulda cancelled my Best Buy order if it had in-store pickup[/QUOTE]

Best buy is terrible when it comes to honoring their pre-order bonus codes from my experience. I'm never pre-ordering from them again.

Anyways...anybody preorder RE from capcom? It says you get this fancy little Raccoon city sign with the order.

[quote name='NoodleN1nja']Best buy is terrible when it comes to honoring their pre-order bonus codes from my experience. I'm never pre-ordering from them again.

Anyways...anybody preorder RE from capcom? It says you get this fancy little Raccoon city sign with the order.[/QUOTE]

Mine is usually pretty good, last screwup i had was with MvC3 early last year. Every other one has been good for me.

Plus, i made buddy buddy with a few of the employees, so he said he'd be sure to have whoever is working that morning hold one for me. (And i always get to the store the moment the doors open anyway)

Worst comes to worst, i'll just get the Best Buy edition, and buy the DLC for 7$. Dont really care much about anything else in the SE

[quote name='Saix_XIII']There is no such thing as bad taste. Taste is a personal thing, I like spicy food some don't that doesn't mean either of us have bad taste in terms of food. I really enjoy JRPGs, others dislike them, again preference. Intelligence is something that has a level that can be graded, either you're smart or you're not. Granted you can be smart in history but dumb as a nail in math, but that doesn't mean you are dumb. Just that you are lacking in math and excel in history. Sophistication is also based on the culture you are from. Slurping soup in either China or Japan is a good thing, in England it isn't.[/QUOTE]
Hahaha, ok. The real world isn't some relativistic kindengarten world. Some people are just dumb in "everything" (i.e. no comparative strengths in anything, unlike some Asperger's syndrome symptoms you may be trying to describe) and don't have the mental capacity to appreciate more refined things in life. I don't trust a 5-year old's opinion on movies more than Roger Ebert. Society doesn't reward star equity analysts with $2m+ salaries because the average Joe's opinion on stock values matter just as much. Metrics matter. Videogames have also evolved past being just mindless entertainment and there are defining attributes to quality games.

Jeez, we go from a deal, to arguing over whether the game was good or not, to arguing over reviews, to completely philosophical views on gaming itself.

What the hell CAG?

Went ahead and ordered through GameStop since I had some credit, and the only other game I'm really looking forward to is the Witcher 2. I'm not so much as worried about the reviews and whatnot- but the price drop I'm sure it'll get very soon is what worries me.

[quote name='NoodleN1nja']Best buy is terrible when it comes to honoring their pre-order bonus codes from my experience. I'm never pre-ordering from them again.

Anyways...anybody preorder RE from capcom? It says you get this fancy little Raccoon city sign with the order.[/QUOTE]
dude i love you! i had no idea that capcom was giving that fancy sign as a bonus. I just got done cancelling my order from gamestop and pre-ordering it at capcom.

[quote name='Barney']dude i love you! i had no idea that capcom was giving that fancy sign as a bonus. I just got done cancelling my order from gamestop and pre-ordering it at capcom.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly there are only 1000 signs made. I'm surprised it didn't sell out yet. I'm still unsure if I should buy this RE or not though.

originally it was limited to 1000 but the wording has since been removed from the website, implying that more than 1000 will be available; much like the exclusive/limited 3ds cases that turned out to be widely available.

[quote name='NoodleN1nja']Supposedly there are only 1000 signs made. I'm surprised it didn't sell out yet. I'm still unsure if I should buy this RE or not though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NoodleN1nja']Supposedly there are only 1000 signs made. I'm surprised it didn't sell out yet. I'm still unsure if I should buy this RE or not though.[/QUOTE]

That's not true anymore. It was originally advertised as being limited to 1,000 but in typical Capcom fashion they removed that part of the description from their listings shortly after it went on sale.

I wouldn't be surprised if the sign was mass produced and then a few weeks after the game is out it goes on sale as a stand alone item.

OKay got the game for the PS3 (pre ordered through Capcom site) was able to get the guns and all the costumes. The single player to me is okay... Put it on normal and the enemy humans are extremely durable. Zombies are very fragile. The one BioWeapon that I faced you can not kill. Only finished the first mission. It seems like whoever you chose as your character you really don't have anything special... That is until get enough XP to purchase guns and other things. Tried playing online, but there was only one other person who had the game and he left the lobby... Guess he got tired of waiting for 2 more people. I will have to disagree with the review posted that the AI at least for the PS3 is a bit better... They at least shoot at the enemy and take them down. Yes they do walk into walls and sometimes run in the the middle of battle or jump in front of you when you are shooting... but at least they help. If you are a big fan of Resident Evil it is kinda of a cool concept to play as Umbrella, but if you are looking for something that is in the lines of RE4 or RE5 I will say definitely pass. I just hope the online is better that is if people buy the game and play against or with me.

Oh as for the Raccoon Sign it is kinda cool.. very thin metal.. kinda like a license plate.. it is bigger then that... 10" by 18" and has a few bullet holes through it. Also has two mounting holes on the side... It is okay...but I agree with the other posts... Most likely they will go on sale after a few weeks... That is what they did with the preorder bobble heads for MVC3 when I got the game through Capcom's site.

Not only did I preorder it, but Capcom has already shipped it! \(@_@`)/

I'll receive it on (and maybe 1 day earlier) release date. Capcom didnt use to do this, as my RE:Mercenaries shipped ON the release date.

Stinks that Capcom doesnt have or give out any of the preorder bonus codes , but I couldnt resist the sign! :)

bread's done
Back