Resident Evil Raccoon City Special Edition Back In Stock (360 only)

[quote name='pmoy1']OKay got the game for the PS3 (pre ordered through Capcom site) was able to get the guns and all the costumes.[/QUOTE]

Did Capcom give you gun/costume codes? Or did you get those elsewhere?

FWIW PS3 and 360 both have different DLC. 360 has nemesis mode where you fight to control the nemesis. I forget what the ps3 got. But Nemesis is paid dlc :(

[quote name='dgwillia006']Jeez, we go from a deal, to arguing over whether the game was good or not, to arguing over reviews, to completely philosophical views on gaming itself.

What the hell CAG?[/QUOTE]

Internet anonymity. It Levels the playing field for a 16 year old 130 pound Halo trash talker to voice his opinion equally against a 6 foot 5 250 pound offensive tackle without fear of a beat down. This conversation isn't happening in public.

[quote name='JoshTX']Internet anonymity. It Levels the playing field for a 16 year old 130 pound Halo trash talker to voice his opinion equally against a 6 foot 5 250 pound offensive tackle without fear of a beat down. This conversation isn't happening in public.[/QUOTE]
you would commit assault on someone for voicing their opinion?

[quote name='JoshTX']Internet anonymity. It Levels the playing field for a 16 year old 130 pound Halo trash talker to voice his opinion equally against a 6 foot 5 250 pound offensive tackle without fear of a beat down. This conversation isn't happening in public.[/QUOTE]

Lol, in the real world, nothing levels the playing field except money. That hypothetical washed up 6'5 offensive tackle will eventually have to get an office job once he blows his money answering to a 5'2 fat lady who makes him her bitch.

[quote name='GUNNM']you would commit assault on someone for voicing their opinion?[/QUOTE]

Personally? Unlikely. But it happens every night in every city after last call at the bar.

[quote name='JoshTX']Personally? Unlikely. But it happens every night in every city after last call at the bar.[/QUOTE]

But they aren't arguing about video games

[quote name='KtMack23']But they aren't arguing about video games[/QUOTE]

Read any of those stories about dudes who went nuts and drove cross country to beat ass on a guy after a heated game of Halo or COD? It may be rare, but it still happens over games. If I remember right, one nutcase drove halfway across the states to burn a dudes house down who trucked him in an online game of Halo.

[quote name='JoshTX']Personally? Unlikely. But it happens every night in every city after last call at the bar.[/QUOTE]

What would a 16 yr. old be doing at the bar?

[quote name='nddave']What would a 16 yr. old be doing at the bar?[/QUOTE]

Ahahahaha!

Back on topic... I'm not sure if I'll actually use the DLC that comes with RE:RCO SE. Going to play the game without the extra weapons, and see if I feel like I could live without them... Then they'll probably get traded. :bouncy:

I preordered the CE a while back for the ps3. Add me, sikct9a. Btw if you think this thread derailed, take a look at the vita thread lol.

[quote name='JoshTX']Read any of those stories about dudes who went nuts and drove cross country to beat ass on a guy after a heated game of Halo or COD? It may be rare, but it still happens over games. If I remember right, one nutcase drove halfway across the states to burn a dudes house down who trucked him in an online game of Halo.[/QUOTE]

Link? And why would he give out his address?

This game looks awesome.

... For me to poop on!!!!

[quote name='nddave']What would a 16 yr. old be doing at the bar?[/QUOTE]

Using his fake Hawaiian ID, hanging with McLovin, and drinking Roy Rogers because he couldn't handle the spiced rum. :)

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Link? And why would he give out his address?

This game looks awesome.

... For me to poop on!!!![/QUOTE]

http://www.megagames.com/news/man-drove-2600-miles-stalk-halo-player

Took me forever to find it, and I'm still not sure it's the same case. Anyhow this guy apparently drove 2600 miles to harass a female halo player...this ones probably more of a case of him having the blue balls and thinking he was gonna get laid, then getting pissed when she said no.

Sorry for the double post, but I don't know how to quote 2 people in 1 post.

Yeah ... I cancelled it ... maybe I'll regret it ... but I kinda doubt it. The steelbook is cool but not $60 cool and I rarely pay $60 for a game, let alone one as controversial as this one appears to be. I love RE but I'll rent this, wait for a price drop if it's good and hope that RE6 is a AAA title.

So i played the game last night, only got to check out sp and to me it plays like socom confrontation. So far i think the game as of right now when it gets released will get a 6 maybe maybe a 7. It really just feels like that socom game with a resident evil skin. Now some may say well socom is a great game, well it took slant six almost a year to fix all the issues that their socom had. So take that for what its worth. Graphics are decent, the AI yours and the bad guys is pretty bad. Had a lot of times where the bad guys would just stand there and get shot. I already know that single player was going to be crap from reading from other places but its not too bad. I'm going to check it out some more tonight.

Well if anyone cares it looks to be back in stock at amazon for PS3

if anyone got the 10 dollar amazon local deal, get it for 59.99! lol

[quote name='etcrane']Yeah ... I cancelled it ... maybe I'll regret it ... but I kinda doubt it. The steelbook is cool but not $60 cool and I rarely pay $60 for a game, let alone one as controversial as this one appears to be. I love RE but I'll rent this, wait for a price drop if it's good and hope that RE6 is a AAA title.[/QUOTE]

controversial how???killing zombies no longer the cool thing???

[quote name='JoshTX']Read any of those stories about dudes who went nuts and drove cross country to beat ass on a guy after a heated game of Halo or COD? It may be rare, but it still happens over games. If I remember right, one nutcase drove halfway across the states to burn a dudes house down who trucked him in an online game of Halo.[/QUOTE]

this + rock band and guitar hero have been in plenty of bars. plenty of bars have held contests over them. an arguement over video games isnt exactly unlikely. all it takes is one person that is willing to show off his skills to insert a COD comment. another to insert a Halo comment. the war is on. hell ive met people in real life that wouldnt shut up about how all they play is COD. these people do exist outside of the internet.

and the wii and kinect are also in quite a few bars. why? cause bars live for people to get up and look like idiots. rock band provides loud music. kinect provides drunken idiots to well look like idiots. and both provide ample room for trash talking.

you'd be surprised it can and does pop up as a bar conversation. mix in alcohol. mix in game trash talking(raging internet gamers have to exist in real life somewhere) and i can see this happening. and as joshtx pointed out and linked there are stories of this stuff happening.

got a while to wait on mine ordered from bb is the dlc on psn any good? and how long till all the preorder bonuses end up for purchase?

[quote name='kayne2000']controversial how???killing zombies no longer the cool thing???
[/QUOTE]

Ha, more like controversial as to the quality of the game. Rented the 360 version from Redbox tonight and the core gameplay is pretty bad. I've been playing Mass Effect 2 lately and the shooting on that is way more fulfilling and fun ... it was hard to transition to this games slow, sloppy aiming and enemies that are bullet sponges. And the ai is pretty awful, your squad will run down into groups of enemies, enemies won't always attack right in front of you, they go to the exact same spots for cover, and if you run past enemies to the little umbrella symbol, it will auto trigger the next cutscene and kill any enemies behind you.

Pretty bad, glad I cancelled.

[quote name='etcrane']Ha, more like controversial as to the quality of the game. Rented the 360 version from Redbox tonight and the core gameplay is pretty bad. I've been playing Mass Effect 2 lately and the shooting on that is way more fulfilling and fun ... it was hard to transition to this games slow, sloppy aiming and enemies that are bullet sponges. And the ai is pretty awful, your squad will run down into groups of enemies, enemies won't always attack right in front of you, they go to the exact same spots for cover, and if you run past enemies to the little umbrella symbol, it will auto trigger the next cutscene and kill any enemies behind you.

Pretty bad, glad I cancelled.[/QUOTE]

thats dissappointing. well its confirmed ill get it at 10 dollars because ive become an unhealthy fan of RE over the past few years. i blame RE4 and the movies(yes i know people say they suck but i love them well except the last one that one kind of sucked)

[quote name='kayne2000']thats dissappointing. well its confirmed ill get it at 10 dollars because ive become an unhealthy fan of RE over the past few years. i blame RE4 and the movies(yes i know people say they suck but i love them well except the last one that one kind of sucked)[/QUOTE]

It's not the worst game I've played ... It's playable, just rough and definitely not worth $60. I would pick it up for $20 just because it is RE and it has all the classic characters in it ... but the most disappointing thing for me is the strength of the idea and the potential .. and how badly they dropped the ball on what could have been an amazing spin off.

[quote name='etcrane']It's not the worst game I've played ... It's playable, just rough and definitely not worth $60. I would pick it up for $20 just because it is RE and it has all the classic characters in it ... but the most disappointing thing for me is the strength of the idea and the potential .. and how badly they dropped the ball on what could have been an amazing spin off.[/QUOTE]

I'm not very knowledge about companies "sub-letting" their video games to be developed by another company (i.e. Slant Six making Capcom's RE) but I know it happens frequently and it is also very common for several companies to be involved in a single game.

But why would Capcom allow Slant Six to make this?

I think this would have been such a great game if they had done it right. I also think that in co-op when you become infected and turn into a zombie you should be able to control the zombie until you're killed

lots of things to critique the game on and I applaud Capcom for leaving their comfort zone and I actually have enjoyed what I've played so far but like others I'm still disappointed...

Even the graphics and attention to detail is sub par.

I actually am enjoying the game so far.

Overlooking the moronic AI partners (when not playing with anyone else online), and the slight disconnect from the traditional RE environment that I know and love (it's close), it's really not that bad of a game. I'm curious to try out the versus mode and see how that is.

As far as I'm concerned any of the games RE4 and going forward have been disappointing because they started drifting away from the true survival horror genre and mutating the series into more action based with a survival horror background. BTW, Revelations was an awesome return to an almost survival horror feel... loved that game.

Glad I didn't pay attention to all of the negative reviews and cancel my preorder.

I played for a good 8 hours yesterday. My opinions (TLDR version)

Single Player kinda sucked solo, but was fun with friends (The story so-far seems pretty vague and kind of meh, though its cool to see the RE1 events happening from a new perspective). The boss battles have all been awesome though

Multiplayer is where all the fun is at though, played Survivor for a good 3 hours, enjoyed every single match. Also tried a bit of Heroes and loved it too.

I dont regret paying 65$ for the Special Edition at all, i love it so far.

All I have done is played the campaign solo, and can that it has been by far the shittiest experience EVER!

Going to try playing online, and seeing if it changes my opinion at all. It is very rough, and kind of clunky. Reminds me of a PS2 game that had Nina from Tekken? in it.

So far I'm regretting paying $65 for it.

Lol @ people buying a CE edition of a Slant Six game, especially this mediocre pos. rented from red box and after 2 hrs I understood all the terrible reviews.

Poor everything: ai, maps, environments, gameplay, depth, story

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Lol @ people buying a CE edition of a Slant Six game, especially this mediocre pos. rented from red box and after 2 hrs I understood all the terrible reviews.

Poor everything: ai, maps, environments, gameplay, depth, story[/QUOTE]

Lol @ people who hate on a game for no other reason than to fit in the with crowd.

I got the SE for about $28 out of pocket by flipping 2x Killzone 3's from HH Gregg to Bestbuy, and trading in my UMVC3 Vita(had a limiting single player experience) and NBA 2K11((have 2K12). I have to say that besides the AI being stupid sometimes(shooting while there's no one there lol) I'm enjoying the game.

Guess not even the Steelbook can justify this purchase. The terrible reviews across the board was enough for me to warrant a Return to Amazon. Glad to see gamers are giving the backlash to these POS under-developed games we get shoved down our throats.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Glad to see gamers are giving the backlash to these POS under-developed games we get shoved down our throats.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that the game was shoved down anyone's throat. It was put on the market like a typical movie tie-in game, and it's up to the consumer to research its quality before buying. Anyone that pays full price at launch without having done any research deserves what they get.

yeah across the board it was a bad week in gaming ......ng3 and this game made any deals they put out there not worth it

its well know around here never buy games day 1 because wait a few weeks and it will drop and you can get it for 40 or 30

I am still very interested in this game. I knew SP would suck. That's why I and two other friends are getting it and we're gonna be playin it together. None of us have a false expectation that the game is going to be good SP. A lot of games where you get to play co-op, but the AI takes over when you're alone is horrible compared to it in co-op. RE5, Gears of War, etc etc.

It looks like it'll be a good game to play online with some friends and nothing more, and to me that's worth the price I paid.

I rented this yesterday and am having a lot of fun with it. The online co-op is pretty fun when you have a full team of human players. The AI though is seriously dumb as fuck.

[quote name='darkvulture']yeah across the board it was a bad week in gaming ......ng3 and this game made any deals they put out there not worth it

its well know around here never buy games day 1 because wait a few weeks and it will drop and you can get it for 40 or 30[/QUOTE]

Not really when it came to sales to newly released games. I grabbed Fifa Street when it was $40 the other day.

But yeah, NG III and RE: ORC got bad reviews and thank god I did not pull the trigger day 1.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Lol @ people who hate on a game for no other reason than to fit in the with crowd.[/QUOTE]

Better than thinking it's cool to be non-conformist and like shit games. There are literally more than 500 games out there that are better. Major LoLs at trying to justfy a day 1 shit purchase at a deals site.

[quote name='Stele']Better than thinking it's cool to be non-conformist and like shit games. There are literally more than 500 games out there that are better. Major LoLs at trying to justfy a day 1 shit purchase at a deals site.[/QUOTE]

I guess i also must be non-comformist for liking Dynasty Warriors, or Katamari Damacy too, considering they dont get good reviews, yet are always fun.

Infact, i guess i must be non-comformist for liking anything that isnt Call of Duty or Madden or Street Fighter. There are plenty of games that could be considered "Shit" by someone like you that a real gamer would still have tons of fun playing, glitches and all

Your the one ragging on a game you never even played, yet your calling it shit. Stop trying to use your logic on other people and start using it on yourself, i'm sure you'll find some pretty big fallacies.

I'm digging what little I've played so far... Were we supposed to get any extra DLC if we took advantage of this deal? I got the Special Edition DLC in the case, but isn't there some Amazon pre-order bonus too?

[quote name='dgwillia006']I guess i also must be non-comformist for liking Dynasty Warriors, or Katamari Damacy too, considering they dont get good reviews, yet are always fun.

Infact, i guess i must be non-comformist for liking anything that isnt Call of Duty or Madden or Street Fighter. There are plenty of games that could be considered "Shit" by someone like you that a real gamer would still have tons of fun playing, glitches and all

Your the one ragging on a game you never even played, yet your calling it shit. Stop trying to use your logic on other people and start using it on yourself, i'm sure you'll find some pretty big fallacies.[/QUOTE]
Lol, "real" gamer. I have over 300 games spread across 8 consoles. Is that "real" enough for you? I don't even like CoD or Street Fighter. Katamari and Dynasty Warriors don't come close to having the shit reviews this game has, and the earlier versions of those games scored fine, even great, until formulaic rehashes tainted the quality of the franchises. This title is another classic capbomb as a result of the company milking and commoditizing it's franchises. This is why Japanese developers are gonna fall over the edge of the cliff in a few years since these practices are so prevalent. This is not a Resonance of Fate, El Shaddai, Nier, or Sengoku Basara, which I all have. This is just a plain turd along the lines of Duke Nukem Forever, which I also have because it was for a price of a car wash.

[quote name='JPLS']I'm digging what little I've played so far... Were we supposed to get any extra DLC if we took advantage of this deal? I got the Special Edition DLC in the case, but isn't there some Amazon pre-order bonus too?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think it was DLC for extra costumes or something. Might take them a day or two to get it to you though. If they don't I'd contact them.

[quote name='JPLS']I'm digging what little I've played so far... Were we supposed to get any extra DLC if we took advantage of this deal? I got the Special Edition DLC in the case, but isn't there some Amazon pre-order bonus too?[/QUOTE]

i think we were supposed to get a costume pack for the USS, but AFAIK, the special edition has all the preorder DLC so its rendered moot

[quote name='sabanoo']Yeah, I think it was DLC for extra costumes or something. Might take them a day or two to get it to you though. If they don't I'd contact them.[/QUOTE]

Okay cool, thanks. I'll wait another day or so I guess.

[quote name='Stele']Lol, "real" gamer. I have over 300 games spread across 8 consoles. Is that "real" enough for you? I don't even like CoD or Street Fighter. Katamari and Dynasty Warriors don't come close to having the shit reviews this game has, and the earlier versions of those games scored fine, even great, until formulaic rehashes tainted the quality of the franchises. This title is another classic capbomb as a result of the company milking and commoditizing it's franchises. This is why Japanese developers are gonna fall over the edge of the cliff in a few years since these practices are so prevalent. This is not a Resonance of Fate, El Shaddai, Nier, or Sengoku Basara, which I all have. This is just a plain turd along the lines of Duke Nukem Forever, which I also have because it was for a price of a car wash.[/QUOTE]

Judging from the reviews of most Dynasty Warriors games (namely on Metacritic), they do come quite close. 7 (Which was easily one of the best in the series), is sitting at a 59, only 5 points higher than Resident Evil. I assume that makes it shit also, despite how many people love it?

I also see plenty of people calling games like Nier or El Shaddai "Shit" because they simply dont like it, though i assume thats a moot point since you own them and not this?

If this is a capbomb, then the definition of a bad game truly must have changed. I never would call a game "Shit" unless it was glitch riddled, had no redeeming qualities, and was unplayable.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I rented this yesterday and am having a lot of fun with it. The online co-op is pretty fun when you have a full team of human players. The AI though is seriously dumb as fuck.[/QUOTE]

This!

I haven't played solo yet but played co-op last night and I had fun with it.

bread's done
Back