Resistance 2 CAG Clan/Night - Get yo ass on! - Friday Nights @ 7PM PST/10PM EST

[quote name='Sarrasis']Well all my characters got reset to level 1. The damn game froze on me last night and when I turned off my PS3 it corrupted my save file.

Who knows when IG will get off their asses and actually fix something. I'm giving them a week and if it's not fixed, I'm done with R2 and Insomniac all together.[/QUOTE]

Well, I suppose the only we can do to make this situation somewhat better is for you to use the save data from someone else -- preferably someone close to your time invested. I wouldn't mind sharing, personally, but I was no where near where you were in terms of progression (although my medic is near Lvl. 24 now, but my soldier is only a Lvl 1).

So if you're still interested in playing R2, we can ask the clan mates if anyone is near your play-time and if they'd be willing to share with you.

And I got to wondering why Insomniac would store the game data on your hard drive rather than on an online server, which seems logical. But what happens when the game servers are taken down? Perhaps Insomniac would release a patch that would change the save path from server to hard drive but they may thought this was the easiest path.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Well, I suppose the only we can do to make this situation somewhat better is for you to use the save data from someone else -- preferably someone close to your time invested. I wouldn't mind sharing, personally, but I was no where near where you were in terms of progression (although my medic is near Lvl. 24 now, but my soldier is only a Lvl 1).

So if you're still interested in playing R2, we can ask the clan mates if anyone is near your play-time and if they'd be willing to share with you.

And I got to wondering why Insomniac would store the game data on your hard drive rather than on an online server, which seems logical. But what happens when the game servers are taken down? Perhaps Insomniac would release a patch that would change the save path from server to hard drive but they may thought this was the easiest path.[/quote]
Thanks for the suggestion but R2 doesn't allow save files to be copied and used by another person. If that were the case anyone could grab a 30/30/30 save off gamefaqs and have every class maxed.

I agree that online stats being stored locally was a mega-idiotic decision. Especially since R2 has frozen more than any other PS3 game I've played. They are just asking for trouble.

The only reason I can think for why they would have done that is so you can use your online-leveled up character when playing offline. But that seems like a pretty bad trade-off since people have the chance to lose all their progress in a corrupted/loss save data.

I would hope stats are still saved somewhere on their servers. Hopefully in a patch they will allow you to copy your info from their server to your HDD. That's the only way I can see this getting fixed.

I joined the clan, I played last Saturday with ManaKnight, I can play over the weekend, my PSN is davvalco

Like usual, I'll probably start a party at 8:30pm EST at the earliest (or someone else will like Shini). I'll continue playing for 2-2.5 hours, then the party is handed off and we just keep playing until the party no longer exists.

Everyone who wants to play, should let me know what stages they still need mission reports on, since I'll try to help out a little.

You know you can join the party on your own right? You don't have to wait for a party invite.

I had to go because I was feeling like crap, I'm kinda coming down with a cold.

[quote name='paz9x']this is lame.
i just sit awaiting an invitation. this game/ps3's online setup is archaic.[/QUOTE]You have to be online and in the clan to get an invitation. If you aren't, you have to wait until we finish unfortunately.

Every PS3 online game setup is different. If you think this is bad, there are some FPS on PS3 where you don't even know what buddies are doing online and there's absolutely no way to join in on their game until THEY invite you (after they finish).

You could also find the game manually if you know the host or see the name CAGNight (usually that works, but not always).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
You could also find the game manually if you know the host or see the name CAGNight (usually that works, but not always).[/quote]

Yeah, this is what I did last night. I played a couple with you guys last night, but it seemed like you guys finished up pretty early.. at least in CST.

[quote name='minhaferzz']Yeah, this is what I did last night. I played a couple with you guys last night, but it seemed like you guys finished up pretty early.. at least in CST.[/QUOTE]We normally go by EST. Some have to get off to bed due to work in the morning. What we normally do for CAG R2 night is that Shini or I will start the party. We will play as long as we feel like it, and once we leave, the party gets handed off to another, and people continue to join that party. We'll run CAG R2 as long as people are keeping the party going.

I got on at 8:30pm EST and stayed on until around 10:48pm EST.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']You have to be online and in the clan to get an invitation. If you aren't, you have to wait until we finish unfortunately.

Every PS3 online game setup is different. If you think this is bad, there are some FPS on PS3 where you don't even know what buddies are doing online and there's absolutely no way to join in on their game until THEY invite you (after they finish).

You could also find the game manually if you know the host or see the name CAGNight (usually that works, but not always).[/QUOTE]

Im in the clan. i sat in a lobby waiting for an invite. i even joined a couple the parties of a couple of the cags from the clan and they then left the party.

if were having a designated cag night, id have thought someone would be monitoring the clan list and inviting people as necessary. thats what weve always done in other games (cod, gow)

yeah sony hasnt done anything to help their online community.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Tonight is competitive night just in case you guys forgot[/quote]

I'll try my best to make it.

tonight should be easy to get people together, because I doubt there will be a big showing, most are interested in co-op, but I want to "build" a small group for competitive.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']tonight should be easy to get people together, because I doubt there will be a big showing, most are interested in co-op, but I want to "build" a small group for competitive.[/QUOTE]

im certainly more interested in co-op but i just want to play this game with people i sort of know.

well there were a couple a few pages back who voiced interest, namely Synical and there were 2 or 3 others. I'm not looking for a big turnout or w/e, so maybe expect 2-3 others to show up if they remember or happen to read the posts in time.

Thread title has the times, but I forget the hour difference between CST and PST

D'oh I forgot about fridays. Sorry about that...I knocked out for an hour or two when this happened.
On a side note, Fridays are usually 50/50 for me as well as Sat.

Yea, that's what I told primetime, but it's all good. I saw you on around 11 PM but I was tired already.
Hopefully today will be a good day :p

Those were some good games prime (well, the first one), it's funny, it's like they were punishing us for having one really good game >.>

Yeah, I know. That was odd...

Had a reaaaly early morning today, so hopefully we can get a few more on for a while sometime down the road.

[quote name='Thomas96']I cannot get my work done... I can't put Resistance down.[/quote]

I had to not touch the system for 3 days or so till I finished my work, but now I'm done so I get to play a lot of R2.

I'll probably get on around 8 Eastern tonight if anyone wants to start early tonight.

If anyone's is interested, people were talking about playing the guys at the top of the leaderboards yesterday, inspiring me to look at them today and we did play against the guy in second place I believe, blazNhero

Yea, that was me talking about the guys in the top 10, I didn't realize we played that dude.

It was pretty hilarious last night, Synical almost couldn't play anymore he was laughing so hard, and Mana, don't apologize, that's encouraged, it makes everything a lot more fun, don't be so uptight about it ;)

We did pretty well in Competitive, hopefully we can do more soon and get everyone together. Synical can be my spotter :p

and that was me reviving mana so he could die in the next 30 seconds... tough work yesterday.

and congrats Inf^Shini on 6K kills so far.

Just a heads up, I won't be able to be play online at all until further notice, internet got shut down today since I don't have any money to pay the bill :(

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Just a heads up, I won't be able to be play online at all until further notice, internet got shut down today since I don't have any money to pay the bill :([/QUOTE]That really sucks to hear. :whistle2:( I hope you get back on soon. Anyway, I'll just go ahead and handle R2 night this week, but not sure if I can do competitive on Friday.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Just a heads up, I won't be able to be play online at all until further notice, internet got shut down today since I don't have any money to pay the bill :([/QUOTE]

damn,

only good news is that this will give me time to try and catch you satistically!

fuck it I know that'll never happen.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']looks like my downtime might be shorter than expected, I might be able to get the internet up and running again today :D[/QUOTE]That's cool. Whatever happens, I'll still be around. :D

Thanks, but yea, internet is up and running, so it's all good, now if my hands aren't frozen by 6 I'll be on :p

I was thinking of playing the "theme song" Mana...heh heh heh...

[quote name='happy']I had to not touch the system for 3 days or so till I finished my work, but now I'm done so I get to play a lot of R2.

I'll probably get on around 8 Eastern tonight if anyone wants to start early tonight.[/QUOTE]

whelp! I did it! Finished my work, and now I'm on vacation...

bread's done
Back