Resistance 3 - $9.99 @ Best Buy with @Gamer Coupon

kulsechsky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just got back from Best Buy where I picked up Resistance 3 for $9.99 after using a $20 coupon found in the June issue of @Gamer Magazine. The game was marked on the shelf for $34.99 but rang up as $29.99.

The magazine can be bought at Best Buy for $4.99 or you can sign up for the Gamers Reward Zone for $14.99. Signing up subscribes you to the magazine for a year and you are also eligible for the $20 gift card for pre-ordering certain titles (details found in another thread).

EDIT:
Here's a list of the other coupons in June's Issue.

NEW:
Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat - $20 off (PS3/X360)
Dragon Age II - $15 off (PS3/X360)
Resistance 3 - $20 off (PS3)
Soul Calibur V - $20 off (PS3/X360)
SSX - $30 off (PS3/X360)

PRE-OWNED:

MLB 11:The Show Pre-Owned - $20 off (PS3)
Any Pre-Owned Game $29.99 or above - $10 off (shows PS3 and X360 game but no mention of system)

ACCESSORIES:
Tritton AX Pro Gaming Headset - $40 off (PS3/X360/PC/MAC)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Donutkid2222']question will the dragon age coupon work on the used game, none of the stores have the PS3 version of new.[/QUOTE]

I never got that to work during the mass effect 2 debacle of 2012.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']question will the dragon age coupon work on the used game, none of the stores have the PS3 version of new.[/QUOTE]

No, but you can go to customer service and ask them to place an OMS order for the game, so you can use your coupon. They should charge you $5 plus tax and either have it shipped to the store or your house for free.

You may want to find the sku for the game you want ahead of time, since it doesn't show on the website anymore.

EDIT: I have done this for several games that were OOS.

[quote name='Tdog987']Anyone else having problems with R3...curious to hear...a few in this thread have had, but wondering about the rest.[/QUOTE]

Based upon my experience it is 50-50 as to whether or not you will have issues with R3. I have played the game on both of my playstations and had a major headache with one while the other was fine. The issue mainly comes from installing and uninstalling the game.

I am not sure if they fixed this problem but at one point you had to make sure you installed the game before downloading any patches. Otherwise you ran the risk of a corrupted install. For some reason the patches interfered with R3 correctly installing trophy data which in turn corrupted the data on the HDD. (see the bottom of this thread: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3890994?start=0&tstart=0)

I also had an issue uninstalling the game. The uninstall process took well over an hour and even after it was finished I was left with corrupted data on my drive. I had to boot my PS3 to safe mode, repair the HDD, and then uninstall the data (which still took 40 minutes) to recover the space on my PS3. The old PS3 that my son uses had no problems at all installing, running, or uninstalling the game. That said, IMHO the hardware has nothing to do with the stability of the game. You either get lucky and get a clean install or get a bad install and then have to go through a few other steps.

I would still say it is worth playing the came for $10 just be prepared that you PS3 may need some TLC when you are done. :)

the PS3 section at my main best buy is a joke compared to 360 section. There are almost no older PS3 games compared to the 360. but I will try this OMS Order thing. thanks

[quote name='rant']I would still say it is worth playing the came for $10 just be prepared that you PS3 may need some TLC when you are done. :)[/QUOTE]

That's like saying "It's still worth fucking a $5 whore, just be prepared for hepatitis."

Edit: I just noticed your typo, which makes it even funnier.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whitereflection']That's like saying "It's still worth fucking a $5 whore, just be prepared for hepatitis."[/QUOTE]

Buying used is never a good choice.

[quote name='confoosious']0a. Take a step back.
0b. Breathe
1. go to gaming dept
2. Tell them you haven't gotten this month's mag yet.
3. ask them if you can just use their coupon
4. tell them they can verify that you are unlocked by looking it up in the system

99% of them will let you.[/QUOTE]

;-)

[quote name='confoosious']1. go to gaming dept
4. tell them they can verify that you are unlocked by looking it up in the system

99% of them will let you.[/QUOTE]

Worked for me, and I got the June issue for free. (I just signed up at the end of May so I was not going to get this issue)

[quote name='confoosious']1. go to gaming dept

99% of them will let you.[/QUOTE]also, bring the original receipt from March if there's was an overlap of mags like May/June you probably could get both but it's too late for that now. And let the gaming rep know your coming back for next months too build a rapport with the rep it'll come in handy for the future.

[quote name='yruluis']is this deal still good?[/QUOTE]

it is if you have the coupon and can find a best buy that still has R3 in stock. :)

Played the game a little. Got through chapter 4 of 20 I think. The only thing this game has going for it is the price IMO. I can name 15 better FPS without even trying. I think I'll get about 9 bucks back at BBY and take the loss. Life is too short for bad games.

bread's done
Back