Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

I went through some youtube vids of Npeans for rock band to see if there are any songs I'd like to download since I had a couple of people coming over, I had no idea that Squeeze wrote that song "Tempted."

Everyone's heard that song, but if you were like me you dismissed it because it was by Squeeze (I have only heard of them through Rock Band and Cool For Cats.)

Got it instantly, even though I knew the charts would suck except vocals. It was awesome to play though with a full band.

Didn't see it posted but it might have been.

[quote name='hmxsean']
Hey all,

Next week we have a 3-pack from Ministry, two from The Zombies, and one from The Cranberries. Don't linger on these tracks once they show up in the store. HA! Hahahahahahahaha!

I'll go back in my hole now.

Tracks:

Ministry “Cuz U R Next”
Ministry “LiesLiesLies
Ministry “The Great Satan”
The Zombies “She’s Not There”
The Zombies “Tell Her No”
The Cranberries “Linger

(All tracks are original master recordings)

The Ministry tracks will be available for purchase as part of the “Ministry Pack 01” or as individual tracks for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 system. These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks only for Wii.

Release Date:
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
(Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 and in-game Rock Band 2 Music Store for Wii)
Thursday, May 28, 2009
(PlayStation®Store)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change **

Price:
$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) for Xbox 360 per track
$2.00 (200 Wii Points for Wii) per track
$5.49 (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Ministry Pack 01”

Locations:
Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360
PlayStation®Network
In-game Rock Band 2 Music Store for Wii

To discuss this DLC please visit the official thread in Community's Greatest Hits.

For all DLC song credits and other juicy details you can check out The Music page.

And, as always, for awesome background information on our DLC and other articles please visit the Rock Band 'Zine.

[quote name='BustaUppa']awww I was hoping we'd get N.W.O.! oh well.[/QUOTE]

Or "Hero", "Just One Fix" or "Thieves". They were so awesome back then.:cry:

In for The Zombies - "She's not There" for sure. That song is awesome. Too bad it's such a short song.

I hope now that we get the Beatles in RB we'll see more songs from the 60s.

[quote name='shieryda']Or "Hero", "Just One Fix" or "Thieves". They were so awesome back then.:cry:[/QUOTE]
Yep classic Ministry would've been awesome, not too sure I will be getting these 3 though. I might buy one in hopes of some more future industrial tracks such as some 90s era KMFDM or even more Nine Inch Nails.

I can just imagine the insanity of playing Jesus Built My Hotrod in RB2. :cry:

[quote name='Techsticles']Yep classic Ministry would've been awesome, not too sure I will be getting these 3 though. I might buy one in hopes of some more future industrial tracks such as some 90s era KMFDM or even more Nine Inch Nails.

I can just imagine the insanity of playing Jesus Built My Hotrod in RB2. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Recent KMFDM would fit well in the game. Last Things from the WWIII would be fun as hell on drums. That and any excuse to get more Lucia.

So for the first time in months I played some RB2. And I really enjoyed it. I forgot how much I enjoyed playing it. Maybe I haven't played it that much because I don't want to drag my drum set 10 feet to play it. Now it's only 5 feet for me to drag it every time I want to play. I'm sure I'll be playing it more, though.

I just went out and bought Rio Grande Blood to hear those 2 Ministry songs and I don't think I'll be picking them up. Give me some stuff off The Mind Is A Terrible Thing to Taste or The Land of Rape and Honey. Lay Lady Lay would be so perfect for this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Linger and the Zombies tracks today. Drums all pretty average, I had the most fun with She's Not There though. Solid week.

[quote name='kennistond']I'll only be picking up Linger this week.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Wife loves that song. (And secretly so do I, but don't tell anyone)

I predict that Audioslave and Three Doors Down will be coming in the next couple weeks...

Those will be purchased by me, for certain.

[quote name='shieryda']I predict that Audioslave and Three Doors Down will be coming in the next couple weeks...

Those will be purchased by me, for certain.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I just got a sign from my remaining MS Points total, which after purchasing Linger, is sitting at 6660. It's going to be a satanist band, sorry :) . haha.

I got the ion drums today. Fantastic drumset. Only two minor complaints: my yellow cymbal occasionally drops notes and the support beam for my snare and hi-hat keeps falling over. Any solutions other than a simple "try to tighten"?

Alright, a simple tightening was all the ions needed. After a 2nd play through with them, they are quite enjoyable and really do make the experience more authentic.

You can imagine my disapointment when I saw the word "Zombie" next to "Cranberries" and came to find out that they only had the song "Linger" available.

Dammit.

[quote name='mykevermin']You can imagine my disapointment when I saw the word "Zombie" next to "Cranberries" and came to find out that they only had the song "Linger" available.

Dammit.[/QUOTE]

THIS x100!

Goddamn, 12 Iron Maiden songs June 9th:

Aces High (Live)
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
Wasted Years
Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Can I Play With Madness?
The Clairvoyant
Powerslave
Fear of the Dark (Live)
Hallowed Be Thy Name (Live)
Iron Maiden (Live)

Last edited by a moderator:
:drool:

I can usually find at least one thing missing to bitch about, but this one is harder than usual.

Okay, I would love to have "Caught Somewhere in Time" or a couple off of Brave New World, but these will do just fine.

[quote name='modium']Goddamn, 12 Iron Maiden songs June 9th:

Aces High (Live)
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
Wasted Years
Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Can I Play With Madness?
The Clairvoyant
Powerslave
Fear of the Dark (Live)
Iron Maiden (Live)[/QUOTE]

Just to give credibility:
359fk2e.jpg

Great stuff. Down for most, if not all of those. Really glad to see most of them are not live. Funny how the cover Run to the Hills wasn't exportable from RB1 but now we get the real deal.

Run to the Hills, seriously is this supposed to be like a joke song or something? This was in Rock Band before and I remember thinking it was so bad (lyrically) that I must have been missing the joke...right?

[quote name='modium']Goddamn, 12 Iron Maiden songs June 9th:

Aces High (Live)
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
Wasted Years
Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Can I Play With Madness?
The Clairvoyant
Powerslave
Fear of the Dark (Live)
Iron Maiden (Live)[/QUOTE]

Finally! I have been waiting for this for a long time. Looks like I need to get some more points soon.

That's great of them to tell us what is coming out the 9th, but damn it why not tell us what is coming out next week.

I'm sure we can wait less than a day for them to say what's coming next week.

[quote name='tgk2044']Nope, I just got a sign from my remaining MS Points total, which after purchasing Linger, is sitting at 6660. It's going to be a satanist band, sorry :) . haha.[/QUOTE]

Well, Iron Maiden may not be a satanist band but number of the beast is being released so I guess you're sign was somewhat right.

bread's done
Back