Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Besides Testament, Sadus, Exodus, Vio-lence, Death Angel, and Laaz Rockit? No. Who are they?

And it's Megadeth, no second "a".[/QUOTE]

I'm declaring this "Rock Band Thread Response of the Month" for May 2012.

Will probably get one of the RATM tracks. Wasn't a big fan but they're good to have in your library. Bombtrack makes me want to pull out my copy of Power Move Pro Wrestling for the soundalike ripoff in there.

[quote name='shieryda']Lest we forget Slayer.[/QUOTE]
There's no band greater.
Did you know Kerry King does the guitar for the Beastie Boys: No Sleep Till Brooklyn?

[quote name='Stimes']There's no band greater.
Did you know Kerry King does the guitar for the Beastie Boys: No Sleep Till Brooklyn?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I have seen the video multiple times.:D

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Besides Testament, Sadus, Exodus, Vio-lence, Death Angel, and Laaz Rockit? No. Who are they?

Touche. I listen more to hip hop than metal.

Are you a metalhead? Because I'd say the average joe music fan wouldn't know most of those. I've only heard of Testament, Exodus, Megadeth, and Death Angel out of your list, and I'd say I know only slightly above average about metal/thrash.

Oh yeah, I still need to pick up a new copy of RB3 to replace my old one, but I'll probably pre-buy all the Rage stuff anyways.

Does anyone know if songs from Rock Band Blitz will work with Rock Band 3? I know you can play songs from your library on Blitz.

[quote name='Stimes']Does anyone know if songs from Rock Band Blitz will work with Rock Band 3? I know you can play songs from your library on Blitz.[/QUOTE]
Yes, RB:B songs automatically transfer over to RB3 with purchase.

^thanks for the fast response. Wasn't too excited about the game until now.

Also you guys can add Suicidal Tendencies to my wish list of songs that will probably not come out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suicidal Tendencies has been in other music games (GH Metallica and a cover version in GH2) so I wouldn't rule them completely out.

I really wonder how they base their difficulty ratings for DLC. It has frequently been quite baffling. Today I bought Nobody's Fool, Bombtrack, and Killing in the Name and the were all rated "3" on guitar. On expert difficulty there is a sgnificant gap in challenge between Nobody's Fool & Killing in the Name. Really seems like they aren't paying attention at all.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Suicidal Tendencies has been in other music games (GH Metallica and a cover version in GH2) so I wouldn't rule them completely out.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've owned both, crossing my fingers. RB3 is one of the two games I play on consoles as of late, would be nice.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']hipster lemon[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='Stimes']Oh that reminds me, more Ministry please.(also a Bay Area band I think).[/QUOTE]

Ministry is based out of Chicago, from the days of Wax Trax records to today, as the Blackhawks use a song Ministry wrote specifically for them ("Keys to the City," I think?) at all home games.

Not that this should disqualify them from Rock Band, mind.

This is the first time I've posted in this thread, but just a head's up for those that may not have seen this in the deals section. My local K-Mart had the keyboard bundle on clearance for $5 yesterday. That particular price may be YMMV, but company-wide the item was put on clearance a few months ago for $26 and others have reported seeing it recently at $12.99, so if you're in the market for a keyboard and have a K-Mart nearby, it wouldn't hurt to check as it will be marked down to some degree. Seeing as how I can get $9 after bonus at Best Buy to trade in the extra copy of the game I'd say that's a pretty crazy deal, although I realize very few people will be able to get in on it.

[quote name='chriscolbert']This is the first time I've posted in this thread, but just a head's up for those that may not have seen this in the deals section. My local K-Mart had the keyboard bundle on clearance for $5 yesterday. That particular price may be YMMV, but company-wide the item was put on clearance a few months ago for $26 and others have reported seeing it recently at $12.99, so if you're in the market for a keyboard and have a K-Mart nearby, it wouldn't hurt to check as it will be marked down to some degree. Seeing as how I can get $9 after bonus at Best Buy to trade in the extra copy of the game I'd say that's a pretty crazy deal, although I realize very few people will be able to get in on it.[/QUOTE]
The biggest problem is you have to go to KMart though...

[quote name='mykevermin']:rofl:

Ministry is based out of Chicago, from the days of Wax Trax records to today, as the Blackhawks use a song Ministry wrote specifically for them ("Keys to the City," I think?) at all home games.

Not that this should disqualify them from Rock Band, mind.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected, I've seen them perform at the Fillmore and it was insane, guess that's why I figured they where from the area.

[quote name='shieryda']Paramore next week:

• Paramore – “Ignorance” O
  • Paramore – “Brick by Boring Brick” O
  • Paramore – “The Only Exception” O X
http://www.rockband.com/blog/paramore-dlc[/QUOTE]

They picked one of the worst songs ever; the Only Exception. Let's repeat the same damn line over and over playing guitar that plays the same notes over and over. Great choice Harmonix... for me to poop on.

This pack is missing better choices like Decode, Emergency, or my fav Paramore track Franklin

[quote name='Calipso']Maybe one of you RB players can tell me why the "new" prices like this for this bundle:

http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Hero-2-Bundle-Xbox-360/dp/B000MRNUB2

I've noticed simliar prices for other sealed bundles. Not trying to bring this OT at all, but I figured if anyone would know it would be this niche of CAG.[/QUOTE]
The same rule that applies to all overpriced third party sellers on Amazon. Because they're a third party seller on Amazon. Really that's it. By now all the cheaper new bundles have been sold and all you're going to get are new ones by people who don't know how to update prices to reflect the market.

I need more Dio, Ratt, and Moterhead as well, never heard of the band from the new pack so I'll pass but look them up on YouTube.

[quote name='Stimes']I need more Dio, Ratt, and Moterhead as well, never heard of the band from the new pack so I'll pass but look them up on YouTube.[/QUOTE]
Spoiler alert: Paramore is no where similar to any of those bands. They're also already on Rock Band 3 on disc with "Misery Business" and Rock Band 2 with "That's What You Get" a few other DLC songs.

[quote name='Stimes']When will they realese some Pink Floyd? Also is there any Bob Seger songs?[/QUOTE]

Pink Floyd, never. Music games are nowhere near popular or profitable enough now to be able to persuade the few remaining heavy hitters like Floyd and Zeppelin.

As far as Seger, a live verson of Turn the Page is in GH Metallica and Hollywood Nights is in GH World Tour. I am kind of surprised he doesn't have anything in Rock Band yet.

If they added Taylor Swift I would play Rock Band again. I think she had some contract with Band Hero but Guitar Hero is dead so what's the holdup?

Paramore is okay, but The Only Exception isn't something that sounds like it would be fun to play. I'll have to check out what it looks like on YouTube.

Oh shit son (not in a "for me to poop on" way). Hands are already feeling annoyed thinking about playing the beginning of Phantom of the Opera, but I'm all over this pack.

• Iron Maiden – “Phantom of the Opera”
• Iron Maiden – “The Prisoner”
• Iron Maiden – “The Flight of Icarus” X
• Iron Maiden – “Rime of the Ancient Mariner” X
• Iron Maiden – “Infinite Dreams” O
• Iron Maiden – “Seventh Son of a Seventh Son” O

Tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song; tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards.

Price:

$9.99 (800 Microsoft Points™, 1000 Wii Points™) for the “Maiden Epics” pack
$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Confirmed to be ALL STUDIO, no live stuff. By the way - those 6 songs equal about 45 minutes of play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rime of the Ancient Fukin Mariner!!! OMG I wish i kept my rb3. damn i cant wait till rock band blitz to play some Maiden!!! iron maiden wants u for dead!!! \m/ Keep that metal alive guys!!!

[quote name='KaneRobot']Oh shit son (not in a "for me to poop on" way). Hands are already feeling annoyed thinking about playing the beginning of Phantom of the Opera, but I'm all over this pack.

Confirmed to be ALL STUDIO, no live stuff. By the way - those 6 songs equal about 45 minutes of play.[/QUOTE]

I'm all in.

I am all over that like a fat kid on cake! Love me some Maiden. That's a really good pack. And like shieryda said, now for some Helloween indeed!

Dumb question, but in "The Prisoner," are they going to keep the audio clip of the TV show in the beginning of the song?

[quote name='grundy']Dumb question, but in "The Prisoner," are they going to keep the audio clip of the TV show in the beginning of the song?[/QUOTE]

Yep :D Just finished playing the whole pack. fucked up the outro of Flight of the Icarus otherwise they're really not too bad. Honestly some of em are a bit boring, because they're all long as hell. Good songs, but not the greatest to play imho.

Man, Rock Band Blitz is sizing up to have a pretty good set of songs.

http://www.rockbandaide.com/16262/m...nd-blitz-songs-and-gameplay-details-announced

Destructoid revealed this morning some new details about the forthcoming Rock Band Blitz title, which includes eleven new officially confirmed songs, as well as a break down of several new in game power-ups.

The new songs are:

All-American Rejects – Kids in the Street
Barenaked Ladies – One Week
Collective Soul – Shine
Elton John – I’m Still Standing
Fall Out Boy – A Little Less Sixteen Candles
Great White – Once Bitten Twice Shy
Iron Maiden – Wicker Man
Living Colour – Cult of Personality
P!nk – Raise Your Glass
Shinedown – Diamond Eyes
Tears for Fears – Shout

I'll be honest, I'm most excited for Barenaked Ladies, Fall Out Boy, and Pink. I've always been more of a pop/rock guy than a metal guy, but there are several other cool songs on that list.

bread's done
Back