RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='eastx']You can't know if he's wrong or not. Don't be a tool.[/quote]

I meant I think he is wrong when he says "it sounds like the stuff will be indie..."

The info doesn't lead me to believe it will be, if anything it seems to sound like they wanted 100 legit songs and couldn't get 20 done on time.

[quote name='mr ryles']I have to say out of the guitar heroes and rock band, this is by far the best disk soundtrack.[/quote]

You may just be right. This may be the one to leapfrog over Guitar Hero 2.

I mean, look at all this win:

AC/DC Let There Be Rock
Alice in Chains Man in the Box
Allman Brothers Ramblin' Man
Billy Idol White Wedding Pt. I
Bob Dylan Tangled Up in Blue
Bon Jovi Livin' on a Prayer
Dream Theater Panic Attack
Duran Duran Hungry Like the Wolf
Elvis Costello Pump It Up
Foo Fighters Everlong
Interpol PDA
Jethro Tull Aqualung
Journey Anyway You Want It
Judas Priest Painkiller
Megadeth Peace Sells
Metallica Battery
Motorhead Ace of Spades
Pearl Jam Alive
Rush The Trees
Soundgarden Spoonman
Talking Heads Psycho Killer
Testament Souls of Black
The Who Pinball Wizard

The vocails in Painkiller are going to be the equivalent to GG&HT's guitars, except even moreso.

[quote name='chodax']Wait I thought sublime was going to be in RB2?[/quote]

You're probably thinking of GH:World Tour...Sublime was already confirmed.

sublime will be in gh4, not rb.
oooh... you beat me to it. it's going to be Santeria anyhow. that is probably the song of theirs i would least like.

[quote name='mr ryles']I have to say out of the guitar heroes and rock band, this is by far the best disk soundtrack.[/quote]

Original GH had a kick-ass soundtrack, as well.

And thank you, dallow, for removing those videos. The link is much better.

http://lyriki.com/Extras:Rock_Band_Lyric_Sheet - Our very own Charron's already got the lyric sheet updated with the RB2 songs, what a pro :applause:[quote name='chodax']Wait I thought sublime was going to be in RB2?[/quote]Sublime's management said there would be a song of theirs in RB2 this year, so it was halfway confirmed. They seem to be in that same limbo as Turbonegro and Bad Religion's Sorrow, which were said to be in the game but aren't on the official tracklisting.

MASTER EXPLODER!? That song is badass. The guitar in that is cool as hell.

So what's the finale song? There doesn't seem to be any epic song like Green Grass was.

[quote name='JJSP']Even the Lit guys were surprised at their inclusion in Rock Band 2. Awesome.[/quote]
Is this a joke? :D

[quote name='anomynous']I'm wondering how the transferring over will work........[/quote]

You and about every other person on this board.:)

[quote name='DestroVega']I'm pretty sure it's going to be... they wanted 100 legit songs for the disc and came up short due to time... I don't expect it to be garbage[/quote]

Didn't say it'd be garbage, said it'd be indie. I mean, if you've got 75 popular songs and 29 more obscure songs, and could only fit 84 in, what would you pick?

Plus, if they were 'legit' songs, would they really give them away free when they could easily make a few thousand from selling them $2 a pop? I think they know what they're doing as a business on that front. Yes, I could be wrong, but this is the impression I've got.

[quote name='modium']http://lyriki.com/Extras:Rock_Band_Lyric_Sheet - Our very own Charron's already got the lyric sheet updated with the RB2 songs, what a pro :applause:[/quote]

http://lyriki.com/Rock_Band_Lyric_Sheet now, actually; reorganized my 'Extras' efforts. Right now all I'm missing is Shackler's Revenge and the bonus songs. Even managed to transcribe New Kid in School, albeit not that great.

Oh, and 'she'. Girls drum too. :p

[quote name='anomynous']I'm wondering how the transferring over will work........[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it should just recognize the RB1 save on your HDD and be able to utilize it that way.

[quote name='shieryda']You and about every other person on this board.:)[/QUOTE]

It was explained in the press release.

The release states that "owners of the original Rock Band will have the ability to export most of the Rock Band disc tracks and upgrade them into Rock Band 2 gameplay-the first time ever in videogame history!" You will need to pay an unlocking fee to do so, which will be "under 5 dollars."

Now the only question that remains is which songs can't be ripped.

I think I'd rather just put in the rock band 1 disk to play the old songs. As opposed to paying a $5 fee to play most the songs.

[quote name='thrustbucket']It was explained in the press release.

Now the only question that remains is which songs can't be ripped.[/quote]

"Under 5 dollars". Which means, it will be $4.99. I knew they wouldn't let us have it for free.

Still hoping for at least one Type O Negative song as dlc.

What the fuck @ the Abnormality song?
Anyway, after going through every song on the tracklist and hearing at least 30 seconds of them, I have to say that I am really excited.

Except the bonus songs. Those are way strange. :whistle2:k

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Charron']http://lyriki.com/Rock_Band_Lyric_Sheet now, actually; reorganized my 'Extras' efforts. Right now all I'm missing is Shackler's Revenge and the bonus songs. Even managed to transcribe New Kid in School, albeit not that great.

Oh, and 'she'. Girls drum too. :p[/quote]Hey, I used the gender-neutral term anyhow! :cool: Really good idea, though..I've had it in my favorites for a while.

Also, I picked up a pair of Zildjian Anti-Vibe sticks at Guitar Center today, they're awesome. I've been getting some pains in my hands lately because of the vibration of the RB drums and these do a pretty good job of cutting it down. Definitely recommended to anybody playing on hard/expert.

[quote name='modium']Hey, I used the gender-neutral term anyhow! :cool: Really good idea, though..I've had it in my favorites for a while.

Also, I picked up a pair of Zildjian Anti-Vibe sticks at Guitar Center today, they're awesome. I've been getting some pains in my hands lately because of the vibration of the RB drums and these do a pretty good job of cutting it down. Definitely recommended to anybody playing on hard/expert.[/QUOTE]

never had that problem before......

Hey... where's the punk music?

I saw the link earlier, but the set should be in this thread.

Taken from IGN: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/888/888781p1.html

Master Tracks
1. AC/DC - Let There Be Rock 1970s
2. AFI - Girl's Gone Grey 2000s
3. Alanis - Morissette You Oughta Know 1990s
4. Alice in Chains - Man in the Box 1990s
5. Allman Brothers - Ramblin' Man 1970s
6. Avenged Sevenfold - Almost Easy 2000s
7. Bad Company - Shooting Star 1970s
8. Beastie Boys - So Whatcha Want 1990s
9. Beck - E-Pro 2000s
10. Bikini Kill - Rebel Girl 1990s
11. Billy Idol - White Wedding Pt. I 1980s
12. Blondie - One Way or Another 1970s
13. Bob Dylan - Tangled Up in Blue 1970s
14. Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer 1980s
15. Cheap Trick - Hello There 1970s
16. Devo - Uncontrollable Urge 1980s
17. Dinosaur Jr. - Feel the Pain 1990s
18. Disturbed - Down with the Sickness 2000s
19. Dream Theater - Panic Attack 2000s
20. Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf 1980s
21. Elvis Costello - Pump It Up 1970s
22. Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way 1970s
23. Foo Fighters - Everlong 1990s
24. Guns N' Roses - Shackler's Revenge 2000s
25. Interpol - PDA 2000s
26. Jane's Addiction - Mountain Song 1980s
27. Jethro Tull - Aqualung 1970s
28. Jimmy Eat World - The Middle 2000s
29. Joan Jett - Bad Reputation 1980s
30. Journey - Anyway You Want It 1970s
31. Judas Priest - Painkiller 1990s
32. Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son 1970s
33. L7 - Pretend We're Dead 1990s
34. Lacuna Coil - Our Truth 2000s
35. Linkin Park - One Step Closer 2000s
36. Lit - My Own Worst Enemy 1990s
37. Lush - De-Luxe 1990s
38. Mastodon - Colony of Birchmen 2000s
39. Megadeth - Peace Sells 1980s
40. Metallica - Battery 1980s
41. Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Where'd You Go 1990s
42. Modest Mouse - Float On 2000s
43. Motorhead - Ace of Spades 1980s
44. Nirvana - Drain You 1990s
45. Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky 1960s
46. Panic at the Disco - Nine in the Afternoon 2000s
47. Paramore - That's What You Get 2000s
48. Pearl Jam - Alive 1990s
49. Presidents of the USA - Lump 1990s
50. Rage Against the Machine - Testify 1990s
51. Ratt - Round & Round 1980s
52. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give it Away 1990s
53. Rise Against - Give it All 2000s
54. Rush - The Trees 1970s
55. Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye 2000s
56. Smashing Pumpkins - Today 1990s
57. Social Distortion - I Was Wrong 1990s
58. Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot 1980s
59. Soundgarden - Spoonman 1990s
60. Squeeze - Cool for Cats 1970s
61. Steely Dan - Bodhitsattya 1970s
62. Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me 1970s
63. Survivor - Eye of the Tiger 1980s
64. System of a Down - Chop Suey 2000s
65. Talking Heads - Psycho Killer 1970s
66. Tenacious D - Master Exploder 2000s
67. Testament - Souls of Black 1990s
68. The Donnas - New Kid in School 2000s
69. The Go-Go's - We Got the Beat 1980s
70. The Grateful Dead - Alabama Getaway 1980s
71. The Guess Who - American Woman 1970s
72. The Muffs - Kids in America 1990s
73. The Offspring - Come Out & Play (Keep 'em Separated) 1990s
74. The Replacements -Alex Chilton 1980s
75. The Who - Pinball Wizard 1960s

Bonus Tracks
76. Abnormality - Visions 2000s
77. Anarchy Club - Get Clean 2000s
78. Bang Camaro - Night Lies 2000s
79. Breaking Wheel - Shoulder to the Plow 2000s
80. The Libyans - Neighborhood 2000s
81. The Main Drag - A Jagged Gorgeous Winter 2000s
82. Speck - Conventional Lover 2000s
83. The Sterns - Supreme Girl 2000s
84. That Handsome Devil - Rob the Prez-O-Dent 2000s

The official set list has been released! Check out the first post for the official list!!!

I am fuckING MEGA PUMPED for this game. Harmonix should get the Nobel prize.

[quote name='DestroVega']I'm pretty sure it's going to be... they wanted 100 legit songs for the disc and came up short due to time... I don't expect it to be garbage[/QUOTE]

I do - I need me some more Shirley Manson in Rock Band.

Going to wait and see how many songs "most" is. If it's most as in 51% of them, forget it, I'll just play the first disc. If it's most as in everything except Aerosmith since they are GH exclusive, then who fucking cares, I'll pay for that.

[quote name='shieryda']Still hoping for at least one Type O Negative song as dlc.[/QUOTE]
Me too. Not holdin' my breath though.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']MASTER EXPLODER!? That song is badass. The guitar in that is cool as hell.[/quote]

I DO NOT NEEEEEDDD...

A MICROPHONE!>>>>>

[quote name='mr ryles']I think I'd rather just put in the rock band 1 disk to play the old songs. As opposed to paying a $5 fee to play most the songs.[/QUOTE]

This will be the only way to play those songs in online World Tour mode you know... And whatever other upgrades RB2 brings (No Fail mode, etc.).

Wouldn't "unlocking" the songs be available to someone who rents the original and pays the fee, or borrows it from a friend? That would seem bad from a business/standpoint, but very good from a PR standpoint.

[quote name='elwood731']Wouldn't "unlocking" the songs be available to someone who rents the original and pays the fee, or borrows it from a friend? That would seem bad from a business/standpoint, but very good from a PR standpoint.[/QUOTE]
i was thinking about that too. but if rb2 were out, i don't know how many people would still buy rb1, if they didnt already have it. so in this way, $5 is better than nothing.

i had a thought that maybe they will demand some form of proof you have the game. extreme would be for you to mail in your disk in exchange for a download code. that would blow. but maybe they could just request the UPC or the back of your RB1 manual with the $5 fee. that way, friends just can't borrow the disk and install.

then i could just give the game away (or sell), but at least that limits the exported copies to 1.

I don't mind the $5 price tag for making the first game's songs available on the second. However, I am tired of most of those songs, so why would I want to do that?

If I have to play Wanted Dead or Alive again I'll go bat shit crazy!!!

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Master Tracks
1. AC/DC - Let There Be Rock 1970s
2. AFI - Girl's Gone Grey 2000s
8. Beastie Boys - So Whatcha Want 1990s
9. Beck - E-Pro 2000s
13. Bob Dylan - Tangled Up in Blue 1970s
19. Dream Theater - Panic Attack 2000s
25. Interpol - PDA 2000s
31. Judas Priest - Painkiller 1990s
38. Mastodon - Colony of Birchmen 2000s
39. Megadeth - Peace Sells 1980s
40. Metallica - Battery 1980s
42. Modest Mouse - Float On 2000s
43. Motorhead - Ace of Spades 1980s
54. Rush - The Trees 1970s
55. Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye 2000s
56. Smashing Pumpkins - Today 1990s
58. Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot 1980s
67. Testament - Souls of Black 1990s[/quote]
Pretty epic.

Where does it say that you will be able to import the songs from RockBand1 to RB2 for $5.00?

Also, IGN says that Harmonix will release 20 songs by download for free?

Also, Im gonna buy a bunch of The Who songs, they should all work in RB2 flawlessly right?

[quote name='D_Icon']Where does it say that you will be able to import the songs from RockBand1 to RB2 for $5.00?

Also, IGN says that Harmonix will release 20 songs by download for free?

Also, Im gonna buy a bunch of The Who songs, they should all work in RB2 flawlessly right?[/quote]

Yup.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Being able to pick and choose which songs you bring over would be awesome. Would never have to see Maps EVER AGAIN.[/quote]

What's with all the "Maps" hate? The drums are fun as hell to play in that one even if the song isn't that great...

[quote name='D_Icon']Where does it say that you will be able to import the songs from RockBand1 to RB2 for $5.00?

[/QUOTE]

In my post on the previous page, referencing Joystiq, referencing the Harmonix press release.

Edit:

Really what they need is just the ability to 'black list' a song, so it never gets played.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Really what they need is just the ability to 'black list' a song, so it never gets played.[/QUOTE]

Ooooooh. Now I *like* that idea.

Here's a question. Anybody have a rough estimate how much hard disk space transferring "most" of the RB1 tracks is going to take up? I'd love to sell off my first bundle, awaiting a fall upgrade, but I don't know if it's worth it if I'm just going to have to buy a new hard drive (right now, I've only got a 20gb...with about 3gb of space left).

Haha Green Grass. I'd love to have a chance of playing those songs that are horrible at being detected by the RB1-gen drum pads. If the RB2 (standard) ones are that improved, maybe it'll actually catch rolls correctly now. Not the mention any bass-heavy song - and supposed double bass accessory?

[quote name='dallow']Is this a joke? :D[/quote]
No, it's actually fact. Their bass player was completely unaware they were in the game. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back