RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Brand new track choice screen
-No-Fail mode
-Jukebox mode
--Listen to music, but don't have to play
-In-game photo creator lets you set facial expressions and poses for your characters, add visual effects and then upload to RockBand.com

All of these features are great! The old track choice screen sucked. No Fail mode means that you can't play multiplayer just for fun with people who are new to the game. It's now the perfect party game in every way! Jukebox will add value to your music since you can listen to it like an MP3. And the photo creator will make the game's online community so much cooler. :D

Wow, now I have to buy that nice drum set... I guess that means no bundle for we Ion drumkit buyers, doesn't it? That or we can sell the regular drums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but according to the article the cymbals are sold separately from the drum kit.

Im guessing it'll end up costing like 150 for the ion drums alone, then the cymbals are a separate expense? AND no double bass?

no sale.

Wait wtf - so if the cymbals are separate - how are they incorporated into play them?
I mean, not everyone will have them then. Seriously wtf.

[quote name='mav451']Wait wtf - so if the cymbals are separate - how are they incorporated into play them?
I mean, not everyone will have them then. Seriously wtf.[/quote]

They are just replications of the Green yellow and blue pads anyway, theyre the same pads placed differently.

well the ion set can be used as an electronic drum set as well...... so whats about an average cost on low end electronic drums? Then tack on $50 for it also working on Rock Band. I expect that to be the bad ass drum set price.

[quote name='Lokki']Why the hell would they only go after Harmonix/Viacom and not Red Octane/Activision?[/QUOTE]

don't worry, it'll come. they're probably waiting until they release gh4 with the drum kit. the drums are probably the key to their argument. either way, bs. maybe they should spend more time making a better alternative to RB/GH... maybe get some actual master tracks.

[quote name='mav451']Wait wtf - so if the cymbals are separate - how are they incorporated into play them?
I mean, not everyone will have them then. Seriously wtf.[/QUOTE]

A quick look at the picture of the drums answers that question... It doesn't hurt to think a little bit. :cool:

[quote name='DT778']Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but according to the article the cymbals are sold separately from the drum kit.[/quote]

I think that's going to be for the regular RB2 drums, which are different then the Ion Kit. I thought.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I think that's going to be for the regular RB2 drums, which are different then the Ion Kit. I thought.[/quote]

yeah.. the Ion kit, which is pictured, has the whole thing.

the Rock Band drums out of the box need the cymbals bought separate, but since they are the same button essentially, why buy em?...

I like that the new drums will be pressure sensitive, quieter and rumor has it wireless... that's worth re-buying the instruments to me.

[quote name='mr ryles']well the ion set can be used as an electronic drum set as well...... so whats about an average cost on low end electronic drums? Then tack on $50 for it also working on Rock Band. I expect that to be the bad ass drum set price.[/quote]

Heh step into Guitar Center. They start at 3 digits. Key word is start.

[quote name='mav451']Heh step into Guitar Center. They start at 3 digits. Key word is start.[/QUOTE]

more specific please..... 3 digits can be $100

So wait, is the original Rock Band stuff usable with Rock Band 2?

I just looked over the track list and well seeing Dream fucking Theater, Lacuna Coil, etc... (and a whole other shitload of songs), I may just be forcing my roommate and another to go three way on this beast. That tracklist blows my mind.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So wait, is the original Rock Band stuff usable with Rock Band 2?[/QUOTE]

For asking this question instead of reading the thread, you have to stand in the corner.

I think I'm going to get the game only when this comes out and buy the new drums down the line if I decide they're necessary.

[quote name='lordwow']I think I'm going to get the game only when this comes out and buy the new drums down the line if I decide they're necessary.[/QUOTE]
Same

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn...they made the GHIV drums look like complete shit :shock:[/QUOTE]

Doesn't change the fact that they are probably made like complete shit. :)

[quote name='thrustbucket']And Nightwish!

Wow, I'm really impressed that others are here that know how to appreciate that type of music. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

There are a few of us. ;) I'd be down for some Stratovarius , as well as more Lacuna Coil.

I mean, not everyone will have them then. Seriously wtf.[/QUOTE]

Well, GH4's drum kit is going to have 2 cymbals...maybe this is Rock Band providing the option to have a similar feel. Plus, if by some miracle, RB's equipment is compatible with the new GH, that would take care of the problem of RB's 4 pads vs GH's 5...:whistle2:k

Well my point was that - if the cymbals aren't bundled in to begin with, then they aren't even required to pass songs. And if they're not even required in songs...then they are simply marginal (extra) accessories at best. Which is hardly an advancement since RB1.

Now that I think of it, a big complaint is the lack of female vocalists. I think some Streams of Passion would be a great addition for that. (sorry, a little off topic)

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I think that's going to be for the regular RB2 drums, which are different then the Ion Kit. I thought.[/quote]

You are correct, sir!

https://www.drumrocker.com/

$300 bucks? with only two of the cymbals? PHAIL, add to the fact that ION has a bad reputation and I dont have high hopes for this.

also the drum brain is another hundred or so I believe, and no double bass.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be nice if they sold the pedal separate....if not right away, then a few months after release. Although the RB2 pack-in drums have an improved pedal, I'd wager the Ion one is still significantly better.

With there being two yellow and two blue things to hit, how would you know when to use which? Also, isn't green suppose to represent a cymbal?

[quote name='D_Icon']With there being two yellow and two blue things to hit, how would you know when to use which? Also, isn't green suppose to represent a cymbal?[/quote]

The only way you would know is if you really knew the song.

Oh and green also stands for the floor tom.

Pretty awesome drum kit.

I think this will be a disc-only purchase for me. Same with GHIV. I'm not good at drums so it won't be heartbreaking to not be able to play drums in GH, and for RB I have two good GH controllers and the drums from the first set so I don't really need anything but the game.

It would be nice if they did a program where you can send them your old RB drumset and they send you a coupon for like $30 off the new drumset or something of that nature.

It would probably get people like me who probably won't go out a buy the new drums since I've got the current one.

[quote name='Wolve11']the trailer to me looked like a Rock Band 1 trailer. Graphically there hasn't been too much change.[/quote]

The game looks like its running so much smoother, and the animations look amazing along with the backgrounds.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']It would be nice if they did a program where you can send them your old RB drumset and they send you a coupon for like $30 off the new drumset or something of that nature.

It would probably get people like me who probably won't go out a buy the new drums since I've got the current one.[/quote]

I COMPLETELY agree with this statement, and even think it wouldn't be foolish of GH4 to offer something like this (basically one of those "we'll take your crap, and YOU take a better system" kind of deals).

I've had RB since launch, and the fact of the matter is, us early adopters were merely product testers. Many of us had to send our instruments back, and we showed EA/Harmonix what needed to be improved upon with future iterations.

Of course this is always a risk with being an early adopter, but they have to recognize that we need incentive (and a pretty damn good incentive considering the cost) to buy the new bundle. Without even bringing customer loyalty and all the other ethical stuff into it, it's really just good business sense.

I'm hoping they release more information on being able to download RB1 songs for RB2 soon. I'd like to sell my RB1 IF I won't need it to play the songs on RB2. The earlier I sell it (I can do without RB for a few months), the more I'll get for my used copy.

I think I'm going to do RB2 game only, but if the RB2 drums are wireless I may have to upgrade the drums as well. I hate wires!

I think for new 360 owners, I wouldn't invest any money at all into RB1 hardware - simply b/c all those mistakes (hopefully) wouldn't be repeated on the newer hardware. Of course, this means I won't be playing until RB2/GH4 comes out.

With the recent drop for the 360 having me thinking about getting one, I'm kind of upset that I have invested so heavily into DLC on the PS3 so I can't just sell all my hardware and buy the 360 version without rebuying everything. At least I don't need a $100 wireless adapter.

[quote name='YourFace']At least I don't need a $100 wireless adapter.[/QUOTE]

True, but there are much less expensive wireless solutions for the 360, like wireless bridges. Still, they should add built-in wireless to the new 360 models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back