RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go ahead and confirm another song for Rock Band 2 - "Sorrow" by Bad Religion. Brett Gurewitz sent out a Twitter update about the band meeting with developers and licenseing the masters for it.

Hmm didn't see it mentioned but has anyone actually seen images of the RB2 drums? My biggest issue with the RB1 set is that there is no true representative of the Hi-Hat.
Cymbals are nice...but the hi-hat is critical to drumming.

And as a drummer, I hope I don't come off as elitist - but a hi-hat would serve a far better purpose than having 2 cymbals (and no-hi hat). E.g. hi-hat w/ pedal + crash cymbal would be the sweet spot. But seeing as GH4 has just two cymbals (crash + ride)...I'm scratching my head.

[quote name='YourFace']Dream Theater! Not the best song from them, but it certainly opens the way for downloadable songs and, dare I dream, albums from them. The possibility of GH IV having DT exclusively was the only thing that might have compelled me to buy it, but now I don't need to worry.[/QUOTE]

Game Informer mentioned DT will also be in GH:WT, so don't put your wallet away just yet. :)

[quote name='Agrippan']Hmmm... This probably isn't going to happen, but I wonder if Rock Band 2 DLC will be compatible with RB1.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's the same for both games, so I don't see why not.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Pretty sure it's the same for both games, so I don't see why not.[/quote]

I agree - it wouldn't make sense to have songs for sale that didn't work with one of the games - less people would buy them.

[quote name='PRMega']The way I see it -- keep the rock in ROCK Band. You enjoy hip hop? Fantastic! You should have the option to play hip hop songs in Hip Hop Band.

Karaoke Revolution had a country version.
Guitar Hero had an 80s version.
Rock Band can have it's own genre specific spin-off.

I'm not knocking anyone's taste in music. I'm sure some hip hop songs would be fun to play, but overall, that stuff's not for me.[/QUOTE]But if it's all about "having the option," then DLC is still the best way to go about releasing that stuff. And even if they did release a disc-based genre collection, any DLC for THAT game would work on the original Rock Band as well.

So you'd be dealing with that pesky cross-genre DLC either way. And by "dealing with," I mean doing absolutely nothing and just not buying it. Problem solved!

[quote name='CouRageouS']All RB DLC is for either RB. Theres an interview that says that somewhere.[/quote]

There sure is, right below the guy who inquired about it, there just happens to be a post with a quote from an article that verifies that all current and future Rock band DLC will be compatible with both games. There's also a link to the article.

From now on perhaps some of you should browse a little more efficiently.

Oh for fuck's sake, who merged the threads? Why couldn't the old one just be locked? The OP in this thread is terrible.

All this does is encourage every faceless slug on these forums to be "FIRST!!!!11" whenever a new game is announced, and half the time those pricks abandon the thread immediately.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Ok...so they merged them, but why wouldn't they merge this sh!t thread with mine.
[/quote]

Pay-offs in a dark alley?

[quote name='Corvin']:lol: So now we're back to the shitty thread with no info in the first post? Great mod work there.[/QUOTE]

What's especially annoying is the older one was quickly fading out and was a non-factor. Now the merge has it back up at the top, and worse, has the better OP stuck several pages back.

Is that you, Prime? Come on, you should know better. If it's not...whoever did it should also know better.

[quote name='mav451']Hmm didn't see it mentioned but has anyone actually seen images of the RB2 drums? My biggest issue with the RB1 set is that there is no true representative of the Hi-Hat.
Cymbals are nice...but the hi-hat is critical to drumming.

And as a drummer, I hope I don't come off as elitist - but a hi-hat would serve a far better purpose than having 2 cymbals (and no-hi hat). E.g. hi-hat w/ pedal + crash cymbal would be the sweet spot. But seeing as GH4 has just two cymbals (crash + ride)...I'm scratching my head.[/QUOTE]

when the announcement of RB2 was made...they mentioned that all instruments would work for either/both RB, even the drums. this leads me to believe that the drums are not changing anything as far as the setup goes with the four pads and bass pedal.

as for the GH4 drums...i completely understand your point. however, they'll probably assign one of the pads or maybe even one of the cymbals to be a hi-hat during some songs.

[quote name='pasteater']when the announcement of RB2 was made...they mentioned that all instruments would work for either/both RB, even the drums. this leads me to believe that the drums are not changing anything as far as the setup goes with the four pads and bass pedal.[/QUOTE]good point. so I suppose the GH4 drumkit is most likely to be the one that works in EVERY game. unless Rock Band 2 adds a superfluous fifth pad, with no purpose other than to draw in the GH4 owners.

What threads were merged and who was the OP of this one (RockBand 2 X360)?

EDIT: Wasn't me but its fixed :D

Last edited by a moderator:
how did I miss that: DREAM mother fucking THEATER! C'mon Harmonix, just get me some Iced Earth, Stratovarius, and Blind Guardian. That's all I ask... (oh, and maybe some better Dream Theater?)

[quote name='Zmonkay']how did I miss that: DREAM mother fucking THEATER! C'mon Harmonix, just get me some Iced Earth, Stratovarius, and Blind Guardian. That's all I ask... (oh, and maybe some better Dream Theater?)[/QUOTE]

And Nightwish!

Wow, I'm really impressed that others are here that know how to appreciate that type of music. Awesome.

[quote name='Greetard']a. Diversification is a good thing. I'm sure you could deal with not buying a couple weeks' worth of DLC.

b. Out of curiosity, have you heard any of the Roots', Flobots, or early N.E.R.D.?[/QUOTE]

a) I agree, and so does my wallet. But I would still prefer the rock music in Rock Band not have take a back seat to other genres.

b) I have heard some Roots stuff; it's alright, but nothing that I found terribly appealing. The others I haven't heard of. Of course, there certainly is some "rockish" hip-hop that I've enjoyed, I'm just partial to more pure rock.

[quote name='hhhdx4']Then dont play the songs, even though youre thinking of a different kind of hip-hop than Harmonix is, no there wont be any g-unit or whatever other posterchildren you love to bring up because they dont use guitars and dont fit the band scheme. But no continue being ignorant and intolerant.[/QUOTE]

Cool it, sparky. First of all you don't know what kind of hip-hop either I or Harmonix are referring to, so please don't assume. Secondly, that was only my first post on the subject, so the "posterchildren I love to bring up"? I didn't mention a single group, so again, you're taking your own slant and assuming things; and somehow that makes me "ignorant and intolerant". Class act, chief.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way -- I won't play these songs that I don't enjoy; however, I would prefer to not have hip-hop songs taking up spots in the track listing for Rock Band, as I, personally, prefer rock, and therefore have a greater chance of finding a song that I enjoy if it's a *rock* song.

[quote name='BustaUppa']But if it's all about "having the option," then DLC is still the best way to go about releasing that stuff. And even if they did release a disc-based genre collection, any DLC for THAT game would work on the original Rock Band as well.

So you'd be dealing with that pesky cross-genre DLC either way. And by "dealing with," I mean doing absolutely nothing and just not buying it. Problem solved![/QUOTE]

The way I see if they release separate games for each genre is that they could be releasing two sets of DLC a week -- a set for the rock crowd, and a set for the hip-hop crowd. I'm sure that's just wishful thinking :) Granted, they could do it with just one disc, but to me the odds increase if there's a separate game to support it. At least, that's my 'perfect world' though on the matter ;)

Enough bitching about merging threads, let's get back on topic.

I NEED THESE DRUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
page7.jpg

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11340

-Ability to "tune" your instruments
-Redesigned quickplay mode
-Brand new track choice screen
-Ability to create setlists
-Ability to auto-create setlists
-No-Fail mode
-Solo modes for every instrument
-World Tour Online
-Battle of the Bands mode
--Band vs Band
--Start out going against bands like yourself
--During each challenge, theres a meter that shows how close you are to passing the next band
--1 mode is: bands compete for the highest multiplier for the longest time
--Countdown to the deadline next to the instructions
-Drum Trainer
-More user-friendly lag calibrator
-Jukebox mode
--Listen to music, but don't have to play
-Old hardware still works
-New drum pads are velocity sensitive
-Less "squishy" strummer
-Ion drum kit
-Able to purchase custom real-world merch for characters
-In-game photo creator lets you set facial expressions and poses for your characters, add visual effects and then upload to RockBand.com
-You can order t-shirts and posters, bumper stickers and all sorts of stuff with your band logo.
-Guitar buttons don't click so loudly

Price check on drums, please.

So, are the cymbals all going to be alternatives to certain pads, or is RB2 going to have that many different colors?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the colors now.

[quote name='Alcedes']Enough bitching about merging threads, let's get back on topic.

I NEED THESE DRUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

fuck a bunch of that. I have enough trouble with four pads and a pedal; that beast is just scary :)

[quote name='PRMega']fuck a bunch of that. I have enough trouble with four pads and a pedal; that beast is just scary :)[/quote]

The colors are the same on the cymbals. If you're a badass you could hit the yellow cymbal if you knew it was a cymbal or the yellow drum if you knew it was a drum. The game isn't changing so it is still only going to recognize 4 notes and the pedal.

I wonder though if they'll be able to get them to play different sounds during the drum breaks. The drum breaks sound likecrap right now. I'd love to be able to add some cymbals.

"Several real Fender Strats are being stripped and replaced with Rock Band internal parts, which will be sold in limited release."

Woah.

I am getting that drum kit. I will break the bank and max out my credit card for it. I love playing the Rock Band drums, and I need something that cool.

I must say though, I don't think I would allow anyone else to play on it. I'm really not that kind of person that doesn't allow people to use their nice stuff. I just don't need someone else banging the shit out of my, I am guessing, $300 drum set. I have friends that I don't even like using my regular RB drums. Some people are just too damn rough.

I don't really see a point in those limited edition drums if the game is not going to differentiate between the ride cymbal and a tom tom (as well as the other colors that represent more than one thing).

[quote name='Razzuel']I don't really see a point in those limited edition drums if the game is not going to differentiate between the ride cymbal and a tom tom (as well as the other colors that represent more than one thing).[/quote]

Well what you have to do is realize that it looks fuckING AWESOME!!!

I understand what you are saying. I'll bet the quality, and functionality of the kit is a bit better though. Plus, it turns into a real electronic drum kit with the addition of a "drum brain" whatever that is. Oh, and did I mention it looks awesome?

and yet no double bass pedal, how the hell are you going to do peace sells without it?

As much as I love a lot of Konami's games I can't believe they're suing this late into the game. Did they just hear about Rock band or something?

Meh. Still no hi-hat pedal :(

And I agree on double bass. Even heel toe doesn't work THAT well on a single pedal either - after all, we're not exactly using real bass drum pedals haha

wow, that drum kit scares the ever loving crap outta me. Mainly, the eventual price tag scares me the most (that, and the fact that the quality may not be the greatest, unless Harmonix has VASTLY improved)

Thanks for fixing the thread, Prime.

I suck at drums enough already, I don't think I need the uber-set to confuse me further...

...this does not mean I won't buy them.

It'd be great if the game recognized if you have the ion drum kit plugged in and had a different shaped for cymbal notes (like a triangle instead of a circle).

But yeah, too much space and money for me to buy it. Looks nice though

[quote name='SoulReaver']It'd be great if the game recognized if you have the ion drum kit plugged in and had a different shaped for cymbal notes (like a triangle instead of a circle).

But yeah, too much space and money for me to buy it. Looks nice though[/quote]

I wonder what happens when you use this with RB1 DLC though...what a waste. Unless they plan on re-rolling RB1 DLC to incorporate that (doubtful sigh).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back