RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='n8rockerasu']Here's a question. Anybody have a rough estimate how much hard disk space transferring "most" of the RB1 tracks is going to take up? I'd love to sell off my first bundle, awaiting a fall upgrade, but I don't know if it's worth it if I'm just going to have to buy a new hard drive (right now, I've only got a 20gb...with about 3gb of space left).[/quote]
10 or 11 tracks equal to about 300MB according to DLC so I'd guess...1.5 gigs or so.

[quote name='thrustbucket']

Really what they need is just the ability to 'black list' a song, so it never gets played.[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere that this is being addressed. No more Ride the Lightning popping up in random sets.

[quote name='JJSP']No, it's actually fact. Their bass player was completely unaware they were in the game. :)[/quote]Haha. :)

[quote name='mykevermin']Ooooooh. Now I *like* that idea.[/quote]
I believe they are doing this.

Wow...I had been poo-pooing Rockband 2 as a blatant money-grub since it was announced but this actually sounds like a must buy for me based on these alone:

1. AC/DC “Let There Be Rock” 1970s
2. AFI “Girl’s Gone Grey” 2000’s
9. Beck “E-Pro” 2000’s
10. Bikini Kill “Rebel Girl” 1990’s
11. Billy Idol “White Wedding Pt. I” 1980’s
12. Blondie “One Way or Another” 1970’s
15. Cheap Trick “Hello There” 1970’s
16. Devo “Uncontrollable Urge” 1980’s
17. Dinosaur Jr. “Feel the Pain” 1990’s
20. Duran Duran “Hungry Like the Wolf” 1980’s
21. Elvis Costello “Pump It Up” 1970’s
25. Interpol “PDA” 2000’s
26. Jane’s Addiction “Mountain Song” 1980’s
28. Jimmy Eat World “The Middle” 2000’s
33. L7 “Pretend We’re Dead” 1990’s
38. Mastodon “Colony of Birchmen” 2000’s
42. Modest Mouse “Float On” 2000’s
44. Nirvana “Drain You” 1990’s
49. Presidents of the USA “Lump” 1990’s
53. Rise Against “Give it All” 2000’s
55. Silversun Pickups “Lazy Eye” 2000’s
56. Smashing Pumpkins “Today” 1990’s
57. Social Distortion “I Was Wrong” 1990’s
58. Sonic Youth “Teenage Riot” 1980’s
60. Squeeze “Cool for Cats” 1970’s
65. Talking Heads “Psycho Killer” 1970’s
66. Tenacious D “Master Exploder” 2000’s
69. The Go-Go’s “We Got the Beat” 1980’s
74. The Replacements “Alex Chilton” 1980’s

[quote name='bmachine']Wow...I had been poo-pooing Rockband 2 as a blatant money-grub since it was announced but this actually sounds like a must buy for me based on these alone:[/quote]

The fact that you can do solo world tour which incorporates DLC is HUGE for me as well.

At this point, with that track list, there's nothing that could stop me from getting RB2.

HMX could come out and say "For every person that buys RB2, we will eat a baby" and I'd still be all over it.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I wonder if they'll :cool: up the Interpol song by deleting "I'm raping all around me" from it.[/quote]
Did they mean it in the sexual sense?

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']The Tenacious D song has the word "fuck" a couple times. In a row, I think.[/QUOTE]

There's a clean version. fuckin = Freakin, Shit = Stuff

Did anyone hear any rumors for hyperspeed in rockband? I abuse hyperspeed in guitar hero and just wanted to know if there was anything about it in rb2. I most definitely am interested in the second version w/ a badass track list and forward compatable songs.

If no hyperspeed Imight have to bust out the towel; like the old IIDX days.

[quote name='naiku']Did anyone hear any rumors for hyperspeed in rockband? I abuse hyperspeed in guitar hero and just wanted to know if there was anything about it in rb2. I most definitely am interested in the second version w/ a badass track list and forward compatable songs.

If no hyperspeed Imight have to bust out the towel; like the old IIDX days.

[quote name='pete5883']Wow I just noticed the text says it will double the speed of "instrumental tracks." Does that mean we'll finally get stuff like YYZ with no vocals? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Ytse Jam please.

[quote name='pete5883']Wow I just noticed the text says it will double the speed of "instrumental tracks." Does that mean we'll finally get stuff like YYZ with no vocals? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
No I think the all songs must have all instruments rule is still in effect. It probably says instrumental tracks specifically because there's no point really in having the text scroll faster for vocals. Maybe the percussion parts for the singer can use hyperspeed though.

dallow - hyperspeed doubles the scrolling speed of the notes. People use it for different reasons. For some songs it helps space out notes to make it easier to read and react to. For a slow song, speeding up the scroll speed can make it more challenging. Personally I like modifiers in music games since it can add challenges to the songs you've mastered or help you out on ones you have trouble with. I'd like some basics like multiple speeds and mirror. An auto-pedal mode for drums would probably be appreciated for beginners ala Beatmania's auto scratch.

[quote name='dallow']What's this hyperspeed stuff about?[/quote]
it changes the scroll speed of the notes for the song. it doesn't speed up the actual song just how fast the notes come down. its easier to read the notes so they aren't all clumped together.

easier to show a videos
no hyper speed
hyperspeed 5

What are the top 3 songs that you are most excited about playing in Rockband 2?

I can't wait to play Metallica “Battery”, System of a Down “Chop Suey” & then AC/DC “Let There Be Rock".

"Come Out & Play" "Man In The Box" "One Step Closer"

I'm also interested in what the new GNR song sounds like, as well as the Anarchy Club 7 bang Camaro songs.

[quote name='thrustbucket']It was explained in the press release.

Now the only question that remains is which songs can't be ripped.[/quote]

Does that mean I could just rent RB1, pop in RB2, and port all of the tracks over for $5? If so, RB2 day one for me.

^^ Haha my thoughts exactly - except I'd just borrow my friend's copy. Thing is, I don't see how they could overlook this.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']

I'm also interested in what the new GNR song sounds like[/quote]
HAVE VERY LOW EXPECTATIONS

[quote name='naiku']

What are the top 3 songs that you are most excited about playing in Rockband 2? [/quote]

Panic Attack, Chop Suey, and Colony of Birchmen

Top 3?
I don't remember the tracklist off hand but I want to play these first.

Spirit in the Sky
Psycho Killer
Spirit in the Sky again

I'm not even sure I can limit it to 3 I'm looking forward to most of all.

Jimmy Eat World, Silversun Pickups, and Modest Mouse at a push... but I feel criminal in leaving off PotUSA off that list, so special mention!

[quote name='tokitoki50']HMX could come out and say "For every person that buys RB2, we will eat a baby" and I'd still be all over it.[/quote]

That would make me want it more.

A bit hard for me to choose just 3, but I think my top 3 would be (no particular order):

Rage Against the Machine - Testify
Rise Against - Give it All
Rush - The Trees

Would have rather had some older Rise Against song, but oh well.

[quote name='naiku']What are the top 3 songs that you are most excited about playing in Rockband 2?[/QUOTE]

Souls of Black, Eye of the Tiger, Battery.

I'm a little confused on the free DLC stuff. Will just the select original Rock Band 1 songs be for free, or will all of the DLC songs be free as well?

[quote name='RawisJericho']I'm a little confused on the free DLC stuff. Will just the select original Rock Band 1 songs be for free, or will all of the DLC songs be free as well?[/QUOTE]

That was...tricky to understand, but this may be what you're after:

You pay a one time fee of (probably) 400 pts/5 bucks, and can transfer over "most of" the RB1 songs (ie no Aerosmith and whatever else they can't re-license).

Anything you've purchased as DLC for Rock Band is totally separate of that, and will automatically work in Rock Band 2 at no charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RawisJericho']I'm a little confused on the free DLC stuff. Will just the select original Rock Band 1 songs be for free, or will all of the DLC songs be free as well?[/QUOTE]

That was...tricky to understand, but this may be what you're after:

You pay a one time fee of (probably) 400 pts/5 bucks, and can transfer over "most of" the RB1 songs (ie no Aerosmith and whatever else they can't re-license).

Anything you've purchased as DLC for Rock Band is totally separate of that, and will automatically work in Rock Band 2 at no charge.

Everlong
Pinball Wizard
Alive

EDIT: After reading Javeryh's post I moved the Trees down to number 4 to make room for the Greatest rock band of the 90's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back