RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh. Haven't heard the JEW stuff but not too fond of the song on RB2, and no country for me please.
Better luck next week..

Nice... I have exactly enough points for "Sweetness", "Futures", and I'll still have 800 points left. But I really want "Lucky Denver Mint", too.

hmmmm I'll have to pass on this weeks dlc.

I wish theyd put some Cinderella, Poison, Def Leppard, Queensryche, Whitesnake, Heart etc on as dlc

[quote name='Pikachuusb']hmmmm I'll have to pass on this weeks dlc.

I wish theyd put some Cinderella, Poison, Def Leppard, Queensryche, Whitesnake, Heart etc on as dlc[/quote]

Shit. I was just skimming this, and read it like they were releasing this stuff.

[quote name='Tyvan']I will be glad when they start adding ROCK songs to ROCK BAND again. [/quote]

Me, too! That week when the DLC included Dixie Chicks and other COUNTRY artists, I thought to myself, "I am pretty damn sure that I purchased ROCK Band, not COUNTRY Jamboree." :headache:

Now to contradict my rant, if they put Kenny Rogers' "The Gambler" on DLC, I would so download it. Even Dolly Parton's "9 to 5" would be fine since technically it was more of a crossover song since it was played on pop radio stations, too.

Damnit, now I've got those songs in my head!

[quote name='Rocko']The newer JEW song is tiring to play. :/

Love Futures and Sweetness, great songs and fun to play.[/QUOTE]

Being unfamiliar with JEW before Bleed American, I never heard of Lucky Denver Mint. Turns out it's off of their '99 release "Clarity" which was re-released a few months prior to "Chase this Light". Lucky Denver Mint is actually the oldest of the songs then.

MjC

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Still waiting for Rexas Flood and Nothings Shocking :(. I really, really, really, want to play Jane Says and Pride & Joy.[/QUOTE]

A user on DVDtalk pointed out that Nothing's Shocking is on Warner Bros. label and they are in the midst of a beef with Harmonix right now so that could be the cause for the delay.

I just bought GHWT because I really wanted some new songs to play, and the last few weeks of DLC just hasn't cut it. It is quite underwhelming, although some of the songs are a lot of fun.

[quote name='YourFace']I just bought GHWT because I really wanted some new songs to play, and the last few weeks of DLC just hasn't cut it. It is quite underwhelming, although some of the songs are a lot of fun.[/quote]

I rented GHWT for a few days and found it pretty weak except for Hotel California, which was an amazing guitar song.

Looks like next week's DLC is Stevie Ray Vaughan's album (1280 MS Points) according to the Rock Band Community Zine e-mail:

zine_1.jpg

zine_2.jpg

zine_3a.jpg

[quote name='MCalvert1']Being unfamiliar with JEW before Bleed American, I never heard of Lucky Denver Mint. Turns out it's off of their '99 release "Clarity" which was re-released a few months prior to "Chase this Light". Lucky Denver Mint is actually the oldest of the songs then.

MjC[/quote]

Yeah... "Lucky Denver Mint" was their only semi-hit before "Bleed American" (now self-titled) came out...

[quote name='GenDV138']Looks like next week's DLC is Stevie Ray Vaughan's album (1280 MS Points) according to the Rock Band Community Zine e-mail:

zine_1.jpg

zine_2.jpg

zine_3a.jpg
[/quote]

fuck yes!!!!!! genna make me and my dad happy.

SRV was TN, TD. I don't have shit for points though, and I really want to wait on a deal. Hopefully something materializes soon so I can stock up and catch up on stuff I missed.

[quote name='bardockkun']I'd rather have Jane's, but whatever. Still a good one none the less and should be a fun challenge on guitar.[/quote]

yeah, but SRV is sorely missed on rock band since there's nothing really like his style on the DLC or game disc... there's enough Janes on there.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, but SRV is sorely missed on rock band since there's nothing really like his style on the DLC or game disc... there's enough Janes on there.[/quote]
Yeah, I understand. Not bashing on him, but just Jane's is more one of those bands I always enjoyed more so for me it's just playing personal favorites. Though I agree, there isn't much blues guitar tracks overall in RB.

[quote name='GenDV138']Looks like next week's DLC is Stevie Ray Vaughan's album (1280 MS Points) according to the Rock Band Community Zine e-mail:

zine_1.jpg

zine_2.jpg

zine_3a.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Where do I signup for the Zine emails?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, but SRV is sorely missed on rock band since there's nothing really like his style on the DLC or game disc... there's enough Janes on there.[/QUOTE]

I'd say the Ghost Hounds have a SRV vibe going on. Not quite as southern, but definitely bluesy enough. They have two songs in the game/DLC. Both are excellent and fun to play.

I'm kinda surprised no one's commenting on the extra No Doubt track we're getting this week in addition to SRV. I'm a little pissed that "New" wasn't included with the No Doubt album, but I'm really excited that we're getting it. SRV is something I really want to get, but I'm waiting until my fiance and I clear all the random setlists.

[quote name='BlueWingX']I'm kinda surprised no one's commenting on the extra No Doubt track we're getting this week in addition to SRV. I'm a little pissed that "New" wasn't included with the No Doubt album, but I'm really excited that we're getting it. SRV is something I really want to get, but I'm waiting until my fiance and I clear all the random setlists.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. My cheapass side says I should let the track rot since I bought the whole album, but its my favorite No Doubt song so it is looking like I'm gonna cave....

[quote name='DestroVega']Yeah, my feeling is, if you bought the album, you should get this track for free.[/QUOTE]

But why? If it was included in the pack, the pack would have been $1.50-$2 more anyway.

[quote name='Corvin']But why? If it was included in the pack, the pack would have been $1.50-$2 more anyway.[/quote]

Exactly! I do think we should at least get it discounted though.

Glad to see we finally got "New" from No Doubt. Was an official reason ever given as to why it was delayed? Some licensing red tape due to the movie soundtrack it was on, maybe?

The SRV guitar charts are fun as hell. As someone who has played real guitar for a long time, this is the closest feeling to actually playing real guitar that I have experienced in the game. Rude Mood on Expert Guitar kicked my ass, failed at 57% LOL. Much more fun than I expected, highly recommended.

I bought 3 of the SRV. Pride and Joy, Texas Flood, and Mary Had a Little Lamb. They are all amazing. Most fun I've had with the guitar in a while.

I am liking the SRV pack so far on guitar and bass. I have yet to give it a whirl on my normal instrument however (drums) but I figure it won't be that good.

There's not really any info out right now to make it worth starting a thread.

All we know is that the full band edition will cost $250, stand alone guitar instruments will run $100 each and the game disc will be the standard $60. I comes out September 9th.

I for sure won't be starting it though. I head to basic training and AIT March 18th and will be gone for 3 and a half months. So we need to find someone who'll take this thread over until at least July.

Since nobody posted next week's DLC yet, here it is.

Hey everybody,

Next week we have four tracks that cover a good bit of territory. We have two more tracks from the Offspring, a Grammy-winning R.E.M. song with "Losing My Religion", and a track from Richard Thompson named one of the top 20 guitarists of all time by Rolling Stone. We will be announcing the Wii DLC for next week later.

Tracks:
The Offspring- “All I Want”
The Offspring- “The Kids Aren't Alright”
R.E.M.- “Losing My Religion”
Richard Thompson- “The Way That It Shows”

All tracks are masters.

Release Dates:
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 (Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360®)
Thursday, March 12, 2009 (PlayStation®Store)

Price:
$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I remember having fun with "Losing My Religion" on Donkey Konga 2.

I'll probably get that and "The Kids Aren't Alright".[/QUOTE]

Same here. I might check out the other Offspring track as well, but those two are my guaranteed buys right now.

Hmm, I already have enough Offspring in my opinion. The REM song is pretty cool though. Going to have to check out the other one.
Does this mean we get to play mandolin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back