RPG Thread IX is a steaming pile of pointless monologue. Just Youtube the ending!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Zmonkay']lol, this.

And Rod: I might have an extra of the guide at my parents house. I'll check when I visit on the fourth and if I do I can send it to you for cost of shipping.[/QUOTE]

You need to update your guide list. You still have a bunch of stuff there that you don't have, lol. (I know cause I wanted it from you)

[quote name='Rodimus']I'm going to try a get back into Mega Man X: Command Mission. It's been years and I totally forgot were I left off, but I know I completed a good chunk of the game so I defiantly don't want to start over. I remember enjoying it, don't remember why I even quit.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. That was a horrible little game if I remember. Couldnt only one character do healing and you had to do some sort of mini-game to do it?

And it seemed like you need to heal after every battle. I quit somewhere in the middle I think.

[quote name='elessar123']Xeboblade Chronicles announced for Europe, but Wii is region locked =([/QUOTE]

Apparently there's a letter writing campaign underway to get NoA to localize that, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower.. Not that it'll make any difference.

[quote name='bvharris']Apparently there's a letter writing campaign underway to get NoA to localize that, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower.. Not that it'll make any difference.[/QUOTE]

This kind of letter?

62DB1-letter-bomb.gif

[quote name='Zmonkay']And Rod: I might have an extra of the guide at my parents house. I'll check when I visit on the fourth and if I do I can send it to you for cost of shipping.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks. If you do happen to have it I'll send you a few extra bucks over the cost of shipping for your effort. I don't mind. I really want the guide to help me pick up where I left off.

[quote name='eldergamer']Ugh. That was a horrible little game if I remember. Couldnt only one character do healing and you had to do some sort of mini-game to do it?

And it seemed like you need to heal after every battle. I quit somewhere in the middle I think.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't remember if healing was an issue. Last I remember I got a big tank guy and some Gambit wannabe robot with a top hat. I do remember I liked the design of X with his holo-scarf thing.

I played that game a while ago, but I remember it being pretty good. Well at least it was some good fun because I finished it. I never finish games I don't have fun with.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']You need to update your guide list. You still have a bunch of stuff there that you don't have, lol. (I know cause I wanted it from you)[/QUOTE]

Updated! (ie, removed all guides, lol). My bad :D

Rod, sorry man, but Hell Monkey had actually asked about that in a trade a while ago and I didn't find it then. Sorry to get your hopes up :(

[quote name='elessar123']At least some good news. XSEED is releasing the spiritual successor of Tail Concerto, Solatorobo: Red the Hunter.[/QUOTE]
XSEED is currently my favorite of the smaller game publishers, and it's because of stuff like this :)

On an unrelated note, I'm thinking of getting these Etrian Odyssey III figures, but am still kind of on the fence.

[quote name='blueshinra']On an unrelated note, I'm thinking of getting these Etrian Odyssey III figures, but am still kind of on the fence.[/QUOTE]

Those are really awesome! I'm running out of room on my desk for cool stuff (most of it is plushies though), but I'm really tempted.

Just for reference, plushies:
NuAndSlimeFamily.jpg

If Nintendo has proven anything these last few years, it's that they're extraordinarily tone deaf when it comes to what their longtime fans want.

I've been saying for a long time now that it's only a matter of time before those three games come out here, and Nintendo has repeatedly disabused me of that notion. I still hope it happens, but I'm long past thinking it will at this point.

Well, I caved in last night and picked up The Legend of the Heroes: TitS from that amazon lightning deal. I was planning on just getting it off of PSN but it couldn't resist the soundtrack.

For some reason I have been listening to "Meaning of Birth" from the ToA soundtrack a lot lately. I think this may be one of my favorite rival songs in the Tales games so far.

Man, how is Wizardry so addicting? I bought the one off PSN and it is keeping me from playing any other game. The game is basically explore every square of every floor of a dungeon that looks all the same, but I am loving it.

[quote name='pete5883']There's a bit of commotion on Nintendo's facebook page, lots of people are sounding off about Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower. There's also a growing group dedicated to a mailing campaign for several of these games. Surprisingly, this has made Xenoblade (listed as Monado) the #6 selling Wii game on Amazon, even though NOA probably doesn't intend to release it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I can't even comment to spew my hate. If I'm logged out, I can see the link to comment. Then I log in, and I can only share. Stupid FB.

[quote name='momouchi']Man, how is Wizardry so addicting? I bought the one off PSN and it is keeping me from playing any other game. The game is basically explore every square of every floor of a dungeon that looks all the same, but I am loving it.[/QUOTE]I haven't played the game much. When I did play, I wanted to explore every spot too in dungeons.

[quote name='willardhaven']Nice Radiata Stories avatar, that game needs a PS3 release (on PSN or compilation).[/QUOTE]

No, it should never be seen from again. The game was complete garbage.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']
For some reason I have been listening to "Meaning of Birth" from the ToA soundtrack a lot lately. I think this may be one of my favorite rival songs in the Tales games so far.[/QUOTE]

ToA had some great music. Besides that one, I particually liked Finish the Promise and Edge of Decision.

[quote name='Indignate']ToA had some great music. Besides that one, I particually liked Finish the Promise and Edge of Decision.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get far enough to hear most of those. I stumbled across Meaning of Birth while looking at ToV music. iirc,
I got a little past after Luke cut his hair short.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I didn't get far enough to hear most of those. I stumbled across Meaning of Birth while looking at ToV music. iirc,
I got a little past after Luke cut his hair short.
[/QUOTE]

Is there a reason why you didn't go any further?

[quote name='Indignate']Is there a reason why you didn't go any further?[/QUOTE]
It's hard to say since it's been years since I played it. But I imagine I decided to take a break from it and never got around to finishing it. I plan on getting the 3DS version(unless it's shit) and I'll probably play through it that way.

I recently picked up my old Final Fantasy XII save that I put over 70 hours into back in 2006 when the game first game out. Finally finished it after almost 5 years! Feels good :D

[quote name='Skizye']I recently picked up my old Final Fantasy XII save that I put over 70 hours into back in 2006 when the game first game out. Finally finished it after almost 5 years! Feels good :D[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about doing that. I bought the game when it came out and never finished it. I'm near the end, at a tower I believe, where you have that pirate guy as a guest party member thing.

Problem is, I don't feel like relearning the game, although I guess my gambits would be set up so that I wouldn't really have to. It does remain as the only FF game I haven't beaten, so it would be nice to fix that issue.

[quote name='Indignate']I was thinking about doing that. I bought the game when it came out and never finished it. I'm near the end, at a tower I believe, where you have that pirate guy as a guest party member thing.

Problem is, I don't feel like relearning the game, although I guess my gambits would be set up so that I wouldn't really have to. It does remain as the only FF game I haven't beaten, so it would be nice to fix that issue.[/QUOTE]

If you're at
Pharos Lighthouse with Reddas in your party
you're only a few hours away from completing the game. That's basically the last dungeon. I was worried about having to relearn the game too but after the first half-hour or so I was pretty much set, and yea my gambits were set up so pretty much all I had to do was attack my way through most of the enemies and bosses. Anyway, you should do it :)

Glad to see I'm not the only one who randomly stops at what is apparently the end of games. My personal best: Xenosaga Episode 1: 2 years after stopping I pop it back in, 1 hour later I beat it...

[quote name='Zmonkay']Glad to see I'm not the only one who randomly stops at what is apparently the end of games. My personal best: Xenosaga Episode 1: 2 years after stopping I pop it back in, 1 hour later I beat it...[/QUOTE]

I have maybe two hours left in Star Ocean: The Last Hope, been sitting on it for 2+ years. :D

[quote name='bvharris']If Nintendo has proven anything these last few years, it's that they're extraordinarily tone deaf when it comes to what their longtime fans want.

I've been saying for a long time now that it's only a matter of time before those three games come out here, and Nintendo has repeatedly disabused me of that notion. I still hope it happens, but I'm long past thinking it will at this point.[/QUOTE]

I actually don't blame NOA. Since they always make so many copies of the game they publish, there is no such thing as a "modest success" with them. Look at games like Elite Beat Agents and Rhythm Heaven (which had Beyonce promoting it for christ's sake) People should be lobbying Xseed and especially Atlus (Demon Souls was originally a Sony game after all), who knows how to produce at a modest scale without flooding the clearance aisles.

[quote name='62t']I am sure more work was done trying to get Nintendo to release Mother 3.[/QUOTE]

After playing the patched version I can tell you the effort was worth it.

i started playing valkyria chronicles 3. i really should finish 2. heck i should finish radiant historia since i already started it.

anyway it sucks if you don't install it, it's super slow. also my japanese isn't too hot so i can barely understand what's going on.

i also disappointed that in the third mission they already started reusing maps from vc2! haha.

I hope Valkyria Chronicles 3 turns out good. The previous one was good game, but it was a huge disappointment compare to first one. There are a lot of flaws in that game. I think the major disappointment was story. It was so cliche to max with the typical anime tropes instead treating it serious. I also hate how they try to artificially pad the game to add more length to it. You have play a certain amount side missions to progress the main story. The random items drops are annoying especially when it comes to class changing. Some of basic weapon upgrading require you to replay the same maps over and over again for unique drops. Also, not to mention the annoying activation of potentials. You have repeat the same redundant task trying to activate a character hidden abilites.

Why do they have to make so complicated or frustrating? Why can't they make it simple and fun? They should of make those extra side quests optional. Weapon upgrades will require a simple transaction of money instead of certain raw materials. When a class unit reaches a certain level they gain their special abilities and you have an option to class change.

[quote name='DQT']I actually don't blame NOA. Since they always make so many copies of the game they publish, there is no such thing as a "modest success" with them. Look at games like Elite Beat Agents and Rhythm Heaven (which had Beyonce promoting it for christ's sake) People should be lobbying Xseed and especially Atlus (Demon Souls was originally a Sony game after all), who knows how to produce at a modest scale without flooding the clearance aisles.
[/QUOTE]

I fail to see how that's not NoA's fault. Just make fewer copies of the game, no one's holding a gun to their head and forcing them to print ten million copies.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo holds the publishing rights to all three games, so they need to either publish it or step aside and let someone else do it - either way it's on them.

Been playing Dragon Quest IX for the last couple of weeks. Great old school RPG. stuck near the end tough, some sort of tiger boss I forget the name of. guess it's time for more grinding.

[quote name='br26']Been playing Dragon Quest IX for the last couple of weeks. Great old school RPG. stuck near the end tough, some sort of tiger boss I forget the name of. guess it's time for more grinding.[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking of getting back into it. I already have about 200 hours poured in, but haven't played it for months. The amount of quests I could DL at this point would likely give me almost a whole new game to play.

[quote name='bvharris']I've been thinking of getting back into it. I already have about 200 hours poured in, but haven't played it for months. The amount of quests I could DL at this point would likely give me almost a whole new game to play.[/QUOTE]

i've barely even touched the quests :shock:

been focusing on grinding but I think it's the armor that's holding me back. i need me some gold and lots of it.

Now that Lord of the Rings Online is Free to Play, I was thinking of dabbling in it. Any thoughts?

Only MMO I've ever played was Forsaken World, which was kinda a WoW clone from what I could gather, and while it was decent, there was almost no story to speak of. I eventually just started blasting my music in the background and didn't even read the quest conversations other than the exact thing I needed to do. Then I realized I was just going through the motions and instantly stopped playing.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Now that Lord of the Rings Online is Free to Play, I was thinking of dabbling in it. Any thoughts?
[/QUOTE]

I played it for a couple of weeks, though I didn't get far past the "kill 10 of these, collect 10 of these" stage. Seemed like it would be enjoyable enough for someone who liked MMOs, but I couldn't say where it ranks overall.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Now that Lord of the Rings Online is Free to Play, I was thinking of dabbling in it. Any thoughts?

Only MMO I've ever played was Forsaken World, which was kinda a WoW clone from what I could gather, and while it was decent, there was almost no story to speak of. I eventually just started blasting my music in the background and didn't even read the quest conversations other than the exact thing I needed to do. Then I realized I was just going through the motions and instantly stopped playing.[/QUOTE]
I have not played it myself but I have a few friends who tried it and liked it. Then again I think it is another WoW clone but with LOTR lore in it. It's hard to get away from MMO's that are not WoW clones in some way or another.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Glad to see I'm not the only one who randomly stops at what is apparently the end of games. My personal best: Xenosaga Episode 1: 2 years after stopping I pop it back in, 1 hour later I beat it...[/QUOTE]

Reading these posts makes me think maybe I actually will go back and finish Persona 4 one day. I got to one boss near the end and couldn't quite beat it, and then I got a PS3 and just kind of stopped playing. Once I found out who the killer was
I actually forgot his name it's been so long :(
I didn't have a ton of motivation to finish it anyway. Great game, though. I feel kind of guilty about not finishing it.

[quote name='fatbeer']I hope Valkyria Chronicles 3 turns out good. The previous one was good game, but it was a huge disappointment compare to first one. There are a lot of flaws in that game. I think the major disappointment was story. It was so cliche to max with the typical anime tropes instead treating it serious. I also hate how they try to artificially pad the game to add more length to it. You have play a certain amount side missions to progress the main story. The random items drops are annoying especially when it comes to class changing. Some of basic weapon upgrading require you to replay the same maps over and over again for unique drops. Also, not to mention the annoying activation of potentials. You have repeat the same redundant task trying to activate a character hidden abilites. [/quote]
Hmm?

The only weapons requiring drops were the "side" weapons. All the basic weapons with more damage and accuracy were just money upgrades. If you wanted something that did poison or had weird properties then yeah, you could grind out those maps. Not to mention that those weapons were entirely unnecessary anyway.

Also VC1 has insane anime tropes in it... it's one of the reasons why it left a bad taste in my mouth. I actually liked VC2.

VC3 so far seems more grungy. I don't know about the mission structure so far, there are side missions and story missions but I'm unsure if all the story missions are all story. I think (but I'm not sure) that advanced class changes are linked to potential activations, potentials are linked to classes, and you're free to switch classes as you wish. Training is actually pretty cool, you do training courses to upgrade your team's stats instead of upgrading a class. Maybe this'll add more utility to the classes with low AP since you can just train AP specifically and they won't be so gimped.

[quote name='Backlash']Reading these posts makes me think maybe I actually will go back and finish Persona 4 one day. I got to one boss near the end and couldn't quite beat it, and then I got a PS3 and just kind of stopped playing. Once I found out who the killer was
I actually forgot his name it's been so long :(
I didn't have a ton of motivation to finish it anyway. Great game, though. I feel kind of guilty about not finishing it.[/QUOTE]
That is the worst spoiler I ever read. :lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back