RPG Thread XVI Supports Project Eternity's Kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='pete5883']They didn't make it up. I think it's a bad romanization of Monad.[/QUOTE]

Ooo, that's kinda cool actually. I really really enjoyed that game.

Also thanks to all for opinions on Tactics A2. Definitely not buying then. I've got plenty of SRPGs if I want a similiar gameplay, so no redeaming story = no play.

[quote name='icebeast']I always thought FuSoYa from FFIV had a ridiculous name due to the caps (I think it might have been changed in some of the versions that came after the SNES one).[/QUOTE]
he's a moonman so it's okay

that picture of abel is awkward
what kind of man has that waist to hip ratio and exposes the top part of his thigh only
ughhh

[quote name='kainzero']what kind of man has that waist to hip ratio and exposes the top part of his thigh only
[/QUOTE]

The extremely sexy kind.

Speaking of JRPG character design, everyone in TLS is wearing a sick pair of boots. It's the only redeeming aspect of the game.

fucking love boots

Lord Therius has been slain in battle, I post this with a heavy heart. To his beloved family, my condolences. Let it be known that his wound was delivered with him facing the battle.

4qL9s.png

I'd also say DDS. Just couldn't get into Nocturne. There was little to no story for the 5-8 or so hours I tried to play it.

[quote name='Zmonkay']I'd also say DDS. Just couldn't get into Nocturne. There was little to no story for the 5-8 or so hours I tried to play it.[/QUOTE]
I played it through to the end and there was very little story the entire time. Also, the cast is filled with assholes and I would become attached to my demonic party members-- a bad thing since they level up significantly slower than the main character.

[quote name='blueshinra']I played it through to the end and there was very little story the entire time. Also, the cast is filled with assholes and I would become attached to my demonic party members-- a bad thing since they level up significantly slower than the main character.[/QUOTE]

Nice, glad I didn't misjudge. All the praise I see for Nocturne (here and elsewhere) I thought I must be missing something.

I'm actually kinda interested in XIII-3. XIII-2 did a lot to redeam itself in my eyes, and was a genuinely fun game. Might have helped that it was a lot shorter too, so it didn't overstay it's welcome.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Nice, glad I didn't misjudge. All the praise I see for Nocturne (here and elsewhere) I thought I must be missing something.[/QUOTE]

I think the story is an acquired taste, and focuses on being a lot more minimal, I'd liken it to something like Shadow of the Colossus, the story is the journey and what it means rather than being focused on exploring a cast of characters.

I've had more fun with devil survivor 2 than any other rpg lately.
once you can one shot enenies its great. the right combo can still wipe you out too.

nocturne was better than dds for me. I got true demon in nocturne.

I had no idea Dante was in Nocturne. Was looking it up earlier and saw it. Might just get Nocturne since DDS requires both parts (since the first has a huge cliffhanger from what I've herd and a read).

I'm excited for XIII-3. I want to see what they do with the story after that dumb ending in XIII-2. The gameplay was at least better in the sequel, so hopefully they just improve on that.

[quote name='Rodimus']Finished Nocturne with MC, Dante, Metatron, Beelzebub. Absolute sex[/QUOTE]

I posted this before, but since we're on the subject again I'll link my previous post from 2010 (which wasn't when I beat the game, fairly sure I finished the game in 2007, but we were talking about Nocturne so I booted up my save file to see what I had at the end of the game). This is the full info about the team I used to get the True Demon ending.

Started up Tales of Graces tonight.

Kids are having a 15 minute conversation about going up a hill and picking flowers...

Please tell me it gets better.

[quote name='chibamm']Started up Tales of Graces tonight.

Kids are having a 15 minute conversation about going up a hill and picking flowers...

Please tell me it gets better.[/QUOTE]

Just get through it ASAP. It only about 3 hours. The rest of the story is still cliche, but let's put it this way. On New Game+, you can skip the child arc.

[quote name='chibamm']Also, it's been awhile since I played Vesperia but I think Vesperia looked better than Graces. Am I crazy?[/QUOTE]
Vesperia was built for Xbox 360, Graces is a port of a Wii game.

Nearing the end of Fortune Summoners. It's been a decent game thus far. Really like the gameplay, enough so that grinding isn't the chore it can be at times. Story's all right as well, though Sana (one of the supporting characters) is almost too much of a scaredy-cat. Anyway, glad I picked it up during the last big Steam sale.

It also has one of the most memorable town names I've come across in recent memory: Tonkiness.

[quote name='62t']Watch it will turn out to be a cellphone game[/QUOTE]
You might not be too far off the mark!

Wonder how they'd handle the dual-screen thing, but the touchscreen bits would be a perfect fit for iOS.

I'd be sort of relieved if this is all it is, since:
- TWEWY should be played by more people
- If it was a sequel, I'd be worried about it being awful and/or too much of a retread (which would be very likely)

I'd actually be ok with it just being a phone port because it would broaden the audience and make a potential (and more expensive) sequel a better possibility. They could totally do a prequel, or show what was going on with The Game in other cities (though I'd be afraid of losing that Shibuya subculture aspect that made it so unique/endearing in the first place). Or maybe turn it on it's side and tell a "side story" from the perspective of the Reapers?

Think I may have pointed myself into a corner in Devil Survivor 2.
On the 6th day, picked the Anguished One's route. However, due to poor fate maxing and character choices I only have 2 (out of 4) characters for my team for this battle.

I can't win with just half my team. (I can come close, but not quite). Have to back to an earlier save and pick a different route. :sad:
Law, Chaos or Neutral don't appeal to me but it's my only way of finishing the game at this point.

Also, Crimson Gem Saga on the PSPGo is pretty dull. Climbing a tower, fighting the same three types of enemies. And since it's a digital copy there's no return value on the $15 I spent for it.

[quote name='eldergamer']Think I may have pointed myself into a corner in Devil Survivor 2.
On the 6th day, picked the Anguished One's route. However, due to poor fate maxing and character choices I only have 2 (out of 4) characters for my team for this battle.

I can't win with just half my team. (I can come close, but not quite). Have to back to an earlier save and pick a different route. :sad:
Law, Chaos or Neutral don't appeal to me but it's my only way of finishing the game at this point.

[/QUOTE]

Honestly, if it's one thing that is DS2's downfall, is its endings. The story is great, but all the endings seem to fall flat on their face.

I'm going to have to at least you tube the Anguished One ending (that I wanted). And possibly the Law ending (that I chose as a second choice)

Some serious RPG about to hit my 360. I have a copy of Dark Souls (along with the hardcover guide) on it's way. And I'm in talks of getting a copy of Witcher 2.

Just beat Rain-Slick Precipice 3. So good; Zeboyd's best yet. Very obviously written by Tycho, though, as with the previous two Rain-Slicks.

[quote name='Rodimus']And I'm in talks of getting a copy of Witcher 2.[/QUOTE]

WOOO you sir have revived this thread!

I kid, though there needs to be more SWTOR talk in here...

[quote name='Rodimus']Some serious RPG about to hit my 360. I have a copy of Dark Souls (along with the hardcover guide) on it's way. And I'm in talks of getting a copy of Witcher 2.[/QUOTE]

I finally got to try Witcher 2 a couple days ago and really enjoyed it, but trying to wait til I at least finish Last Story before I pick up any other rpgs.

And possibly stuck at the Day 7 Nagoya battle against Airi and that doctor girl in Devil Survivor 2.
Pretty steep difficulty jump on this day compared to previous. And extra battles don't give enough experience to make grinding worthwhile.

[quote name='voltanis99']Whoo put in my pre-order for Persona 4 Golden Limited Edition at gamestop website[/QUOTE]
I put in mine the day it was announced. Glad too since apparently they've been cut off.

HOLY SHIT! I don't know if it's an error, but I got an email from Namoc-Bandai stating that my preorder for Ni-No-Kuni will be available September 4 2012 instead of the original January 2013!

Is that like Ninostarter goal 3? 4 month early release! haha

CRAP! Spoke too soon. Received a follow up email changing the date back to January 22. Must have been a glitch in the system :(

Finished up Last Story, probably should next do something in my back catalog like Skyward Sword or FFXIII-2 or Disgaea 4, but Witcher 2 & Penny Arcade Episode 3 are both on sale this weekend so I'm probably getting those.

[quote name='GhostShark']Maybe third time is the charm for Final Fantasy XIII? Nah, probably not.[/QUOTE]
We can hope. :lol:

Article about the gameplay from 1UP

I'm considering starting a thread for Lightning Returns in the 360 forum, but I'll probably wait and see if anyone else wants to start it in the PS3 forum first. Seems like there's more interest in the series on PS3.

Well, you guys were right. Tales of Graces definitely gets better after the childhood beginning. The story is still kinda whatever, but at least the battle system and all that comes with it kicks ass.

BTW, why the hell has Hubert become half crossdresser? He's pretty much wearing high heels and a long open skirt? WTF is that about?

[quote name='chibamm']BTW, why the hell has Hubert become half crossdresser? He's pretty much wearing high heels and a long open skirt? WTF is that about?[/QUOTE]

It's the uniform of the country.

[quote name='GhostShark']Maybe third time is the charm for Final Fantasy XIII? Nah, probably not.[/QUOTE]

A convoluted story and boring characters doesn't fire your interest?

This is on par:

beyond-the-beyond.jpg

New FF intrigues me, need screens/more details first though.

Hopefully on this is just to tide us over till FFXV comes out next gen? I'm basically assuming this will come out, then Versus XIII, then a year or so into next gen FFXV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back