Sam's Club Deals Thread

SativaSam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Mod's note:
Please use this thread going forward for trade requests, sell requests, buy requests and the like for all clearance games from Sam's Club:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251017

Please add the location you found the game at, price, and any additional helpful information you can to each game you list in the Wiki.

I figured it's time we make a thread like this for all of the Sam's Club deals/clearance sales.

I picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum (360) for 9.87 at my local Sam's Club, along with Punch Out for Wii for 8.48, and Metal Gear Solid 4 (original edition I must add) for 17.81.

They also had Resistance 2 for 17.81, and GTA 4 for PS3 for 8 dollars.

Clearance Games Include:

Batman: Arkham Asylum (360) $9.87
Punch Out for Wii for 8.48
Metal Gear Solid 4 (original edition I must add) for 17.81.
Resistance 2 (CE) for 17.81
GTA 4 for PS3 for 8 dollars
Wii Grand Slam Tennis: $8.82
Killzone 2: $11.81
Infamous: $6.75
360 AC/DC Rock Band Track Pack: 6.xx
PS3 Endwar: $8.xx
PS2 Rock Band 2: 2.xx
360 Rock Band 2 Band Set: $79.xx
Mirrors Edge - 13.xx
Tiger Woods PGA Tour '10 - 36.xx
Ghostbusters (any system): 19.81
Bionic Commando (PS3): 13.81
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (360): $9.81
Saint's Row 2 (PS3): 8.81
Lego Batman (PS3): 12.81
iconxbox360.gif
Fight Night 4 $17.81
iconps3.gif
Fight Night 4 $27.81
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif
Wolfenstein $10.34
iconps3.gif
Overlord 2 $6.72
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif
Transformers 2 $10.34
:wii: Boom Blox - 12.81
:wii: Pikmin - 12.81
EA Active Sports (Wii) $10
Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) Game only for $15.76 yesterday
PSP Go systems for $177
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition $6.41
Fallout New Vegas $36.41
Medal of Honor LE on PS3 $19.21
GTA Chinatown Wars for the DS for $6.01
:360: TW PGA Tour 2010 --- $19.xx (again)
:ps3: Wet --- $24.xx
Heavy Rain marked down to 23.xx
Darksiders : 14.91
Bioshock 2 for $6.41
Little Big Planet GOTY for $10.81
R&C Crack in Time for 7.xx.
:ps3: Sports Champions Move Bundle $89.xx
:ps3: Motion Controller $45.xx
:ps3: Nav Controller $25.xx
:ps3: Move Charger $24.xx
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII $19.xx
:wii: Wii Fit Plus $88.xx
$9.91 :ps3:MLB The Show 09
$14.91 :360:Prototype
$19.98 :360:Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010
$24.95 :360: Dante's Inferno

Note: Some games such as Saint's Row 2 are lower in price at certain Sam's than the price listed. Very YMMV on a lot of these titles. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='animeomega']I'm going to head over to Sam's club this weekend. Hopefully I can find myself GTA IV and Infamous, or atleast one of the two.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you finally told us what your plans are, let us know what happens.

[quote name='SaraAB'] Had I realized this was a nationwide problem for Sam's I would have never even tried to buy games there, but I complained via the contact us link on the Sam's website and got a $20 gift card for my troubles.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had thought to do that over the summer, I was so annoyed to waste my time at 2 different locations and have to wait in line for a refund after waiting in line to checkout and again at customer service.

I don't buy games at Costco often but I have never had that problem happen there.

[quote name='shoe478']I'm glad you finally told us what your plans are, let us know what happens.[/QUOTE]

The next time you decide to be a d-bag to a new-ish CAG, at least try to be witty about it.

Saw some Wii games:
:wii: Pikmin - 12.81

[quote name='parKer']The next time you decide to be a d-bag to a new-ish CAG, at least try to be witty about it.

Saw some Wii games:
:wii: Pikmin - 12.81[/QUOTE]

That was witty, I can't help that your sense of humor sucks.

[quote name='parKer']The next time you decide to be a d-bag to a new-ish CAG, at least try to be witty about it.

Saw some Wii games:
:wii: Pikmin - 12.81[/QUOTE]

Did you see those, buy those, or touch those? We need to know every detail. What else did you get while you were there? Did you stop by the food court and pick up a hot dog too? Let me guess the soda, you look like a Coke-man.

Seriously, thanks for the addition of those two, I had not seen those on the list. Too bad they are still too high to make a profit from. Boom Blox is easily worth $12.81 for the game play alone.

[quote name='shoe478']That was witty, I can't help that your sense of humor sucks.[/QUOTE]

OK, gotcha, but you're still nowhere near as entertaining as darkslime/JimmieMac/CoffeeEdge. Keep working on it though. ;)

[quote name='converse']Did you see those, buy those, or touch those? We need to know every detail. What else did you get while you were there? Did you stop by the food court and pick up a hot dog too? Let me guess the soda, you look like a Coke-man.

Seriously, thanks for the addition of those two, I had not seen those on the list. Too bad they are still too high to make a profit from. Boom Blox is easily worth $12.81 for the game play alone.[/QUOTE]

No. Root beer-girl. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Price checked most/many games but haven't gotten any luck, most are SAMS MSRP prices. But I gotta say that the Icee's for $1.04 (I think it is) are awesome.

[quote name='shoe478']That was witty, I can't help that your sense of humor sucks.[/QUOTE]

OK, gotcha, but you're still nowhere near as entertaining as darkslime/JimmieMac/CoffeeEdge. Keep working on it though. ;)

[quote name='converse']Did you see those, buy those, or touch those? We need to know every detail. What else did you get while you were there? Did you stop by the food court and pick up a hot dog too? Let me guess the soda, you look like a Coke-man.

Seriously, thanks for the addition of those two, I had not seen those on the list. Too bad they are still too high to make a profit from. Boom Blox is easily worth $12.81 for the game play alone.[/QUOTE]

No. Root beer-girl. :)

Boom Blox? It lists for over $40 on Amazon.

I found at the Oxnard, CA Sam's
Killzone 2-11.81
AC/DC Rock Band,PS3-6.81
Real Heroes Firefighter,WII-16.81
Batman AA,360-9.87

[quote name='spidey35']I found at the Oxnard, CA Sam's
Killzone 2-11.81
AC/DC Rock Band,PS3-6.81
Real Heroes Firefighter,WII-16.81
Batman AA,360-9.87[/QUOTE]

I can't believe there are still Batman's out there. You should pick that up just to trade even if you don't want it.

[quote name='KillerRamen']...I also picked up 40 lb bags of Fresh Step Kitty litter for 81 cents, but that really have anything to do with videogames. (My cats are happy though. They always get the cheapest non-namebrand litter.)[/QUOTE]

How on earth did you manage this? My cats demand answers!

Only saw Batman PS3 and it ran up as $32ish. Sucks, as I was excited when I saw it. I see in the OP it might just be the 360 version?

I'll have to check on that Batman, could make a really good gift.

Of course all Sams deals are so YMMV that only Walmart tops em in that regard.

I finally got the courage to ask someone to look through the games in the bins for me. Of course, I watched them go through the games as they flipped through them to see if they missed any, or I saw any I may have not included, but I didn't have much luck.

After compiling a list of EVERY clearance game in this thread, the only one my Sam's had (they didn't have a card for it, either) was Overlord for Wii. It was really funny- the old lady who was looking through the games for me told me it was $40-something, so I politely asked her if she wouldn't mind doing a price check on it for me. She annoyedly looked up and asked a coworker to do it for her. The other worker took it over to the computer, scanned it, and happily said it was $8.81. The old lady did a double take and was like, "WHAT?" I don't think she was too happy about me getting it for that price. :p In addition, someone had to follow me to the register to complete the game transaction (since there wasn't a card for it) and the lady who rung me up had trouble believing she should give it to me for that price. XP It all worked out, though. :D

And just a side note- my Sam's had Transformers 2, Wolverine, and the AC/DC Track Pack, and they all rung up as $38.xx. :/

If they ever give you a hard time about something like that, point to the $.81 in the price. That is a chain-wide indication of a clearance price. Good indication that it's a legit drop. :)

[quote name='Zippon']If they ever give you a hard time about something like that, point to the $.81 in the price. That is a chain-wide indication of a clearance price. Good indication that it's a legit drop. :)[/QUOTE]
I mean, if she was going to mark it UP, I would have brought something like that up. I figured the guy who brought me there would back me up, though, and he did. I'll keep that in mind for the next time I hope to scope out some Sam's Club Deals. :p Thanks!

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I mean, if she was going to mark it UP, I would have brought something like that up. I figured the guy who brought me there would back me up, though, and he did. I'll keep that in mind for the next time I hope to scope out some Sam's Club Deals. :p Thanks![/QUOTE]

That would be a violation of a pricing law in most states, in most states a price is not allowed to be marked up because the price on the tag is higher and the price in the system is lower. Your state attorney general would like to hear about this if it has ever happened and you are in a state with this law.

Here is a biggie if it's still there...forgot to post this up...

At Cookeville Sam's Club, at the back right of the store where you normally buy chips, there is a shelf that contains items that are the last one of that variety, or it they have been taken back for some reason. They have Beatles Rockband, with drum kit/guitars/mic (i assume) for $86 (might be a bit more or less). I asked a worker if it had something wrong with it and he was pretty sure it was their last one, meaning it isn't a return. A few weeks ago it was still full price. They've been steadily cutting that price it seems...

[quote name='Mastastic']Here is a biggie if it's still there...forgot to post this up...

At Cookeville Sam's Club, at the back right of the store where you normally buy chips, there is a shelf that contains items that are the last one of that variety, or it they have been taken back for some reason. They have Beatles Rockband, with drum kit/guitars/mic (i assume) for $86 (might be a bit more or less). I asked a worker if it had something wrong with it and he was pretty sure it was their last one, meaning it isn't a return. A few weeks ago it was still full price. They've been steadily cutting that price it seems...[/QUOTE]
Is it the Special Value Edition, or the bundle that comes with the special guitar? If it's the one with the Beatles Guitar, that's a STEAL. :D I'll check it out tomorrow during lunch, though I definitely can't/won't bite. :p Thanks for the heads-up!

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Is it the Special Value Edition, or the bundle that comes with the special guitar? If it's the one with the Beatles Guitar, that's a STEAL. :D I'll check it out tomorrow during lunch, though I definitely can't/won't bite. :p Thanks for the heads-up![/QUOTE]

I'm honestly not sure.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=444613&pCatg=6110

They have this one listed on their website, so I'm assuming it's the just the value edition.

Also, are you the guy I waited with at Old Navy for the Lego Rock Band?

Lego Batman 360 - 12.81
Bionic Commando 360 - 13.81
Terminator Salvation 360 - 12.81
Spiderman Web of Shadows 360 - 20.81
Guitar Hero Smash Hits PS3 - 6.81!

[quote name='SaraAB']That would be a violation of a pricing law in most states, in most states a price is not allowed to be marked up because the price on the tag is higher and the price in the system is lower. Your state attorney general would like to hear about this if it has ever happened and you are in a state with this law.[/QUOTE]

That is incorrect info. This is a membership club and they are exempt from such issues all together.

FYI

When I was a manager at Home Depot there was a running joke on how we should have charged .01 to become a member only buisness and thus sidestep the pricing laws. You know how hard some of the things they originally wanted priced were, to keep a price tag on at a hardware store?

[quote name='Mastastic']I'm honestly not sure.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=444613&pCatg=6110

They have this one listed on their website, so I'm assuming it's the just the value edition.

Also, are you the guy I waited with at Old Navy for the Lego Rock Band?[/QUOTE]
Haha, I was wondering if you were him. :p Yeah, that was me. And I went by Sam's to see if I could find what you were talking about, by I couldn't find any by the chips. When I went to the normal video game section, though, there was one Value Edition and one Beatles Edition, or whatever it's called. The Beatles Edition was $186, but I can't remember how much the other was, or what system either was for.

If you were thinking about picking up a PS3 Value Edition, I'd go by Sam Goody, though- Cookeville's has it for $80 ($72 if you try the VIP/have a BSP.) :D

[quote name='Denzalo']Saw Fallout 3 (NonGOTY) for 18.81 yesterday... Not sure if that's old news or not. (Shakopee, MN)[/QUOTE]

I also found one for the 360, at the Renton, WA location.

[quote name='Snake2715']That is incorrect info. This is a membership club and they are exempt from such issues all together.

FYI

When I was a manager at Home Depot there was a running joke on how we should have charged .01 to become a member only buisness and thus sidestep the pricing laws. You know how hard some of the things they originally wanted priced were, to keep a price tag on at a hardware store?[/QUOTE]

Oh wow that really sucks that membership clubs are exempt from that... I know a bunch of retail stores (non membership) or individual cashiers that would definitely mark up prices to the tagged price if something rang up lower at the register..

[quote name='SaraAB']Oh wow that really sucks that membership clubs are exempt from that... I know a bunch of retail stores (non membership) or individual cashiers that would definitely mark up prices to the tagged price if something rang up lower at the register..[/QUOTE]

yeah well Sams Club is typically very customer focused. I can tell so many stories of return abuse by customers, to flat out video taped stealing, etc Nothing is done to upset the customer.... so I doubt many stores are going to mark something up anyway.

My local samsclub marked down a ton of games yesterday.
I picked up the following today:

Beatles Rock Band $15.75
Bionic Commando $5.77
Brutal Legend $13.03
Fight Night Round 4 $10.47
Overlord II $10.87

Wii
Muramasa The Demon Blade $14.43

I also saw the following:
Guitar Hero 5 ~$21.xx
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 ~$14.xx

PS3
Bionic Commando $5.77
Tekken 6 ~$22.xx

Wii
Guitar Hero 5 ~$21.xx
TMNT Smash Up ~$10.xx

Not great deals, but my local club got in a new shipment of Wii Fit Plus for $88.xx and they had Pokemon: SoulSilver and HeartGold on display in the cage. (Not sure if they would have sold those to me, I didn't ask)

[quote name='toxicinzanity']yea umm u for all the people complainig you can get a free 1 day pass[/QUOTE]

you still have to pay like a 10% markup with a pass don't you

[quote name='poker360']you still have to pay like a 10% markup with a pass don't you[/QUOTE]

If you are taking advantage of some of the really good clearance deals that fall under $10 then 10% is less then a $1. Are you really gonna bitch about paying a $1 more then the clearance sticker price when you could go to some other store and buy the same game for $15 to $45 more? I'm a member but i have taken advantage of these clearance prices 2x. First time I walked out with 6 games for less then $45, second time i walked out with 10 games for less then $90. Average price for all of those is $8.45 and the deals I was getting I would have no problem paying an extra $0.84 per game. Now if you are just gonna go in and get the games that are not clearanced then the trial membership is not worth it because you will end up paying retail or a $1 or 2 more on the newest releases and some of the older ones.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']My local samsclub marked down a ton of games yesterday.
I picked up the following today:

Beatles Rock Band $15.75
Bionic Commando $5.77
Brutal Legend $13.03
Fight Night Round 4 $10.47
Overlord II $10.87

Wii
Muramasa The Demon Blade $14.43

I also saw the following:
Guitar Hero 5 ~$21.xx
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 ~$14.xx

PS3
Bionic Commando $5.77
Tekken 6 ~$22.xx

Wii
Guitar Hero 5 ~$21.xx
TMNT Smash Up ~$10.xx[/QUOTE]I was hyped to get Bionic Commando for $5ish finally so I checked out my closest Sam's. However, BC was still 13.xx and I also tried Wolfenstein since it had been reported 10.xx before and I was hoping it had dropped a little more, but it was still 38.xx instead. Can't win them all I guess. The PITA was that a manager had to key in to ok the cancelled items.

[quote name='CowboyKill3r']If you are taking advantage of some of the really good clearance deals that fall under $10 then 10% is less then a $1. Are you really gonna bitch about paying a $1 more then the clearance sticker price when you could go to some other store and buy the same game for $15 to $45 more? I'm a member but i have taken advantage of these clearance prices 2x. First time I walked out with 6 games for less then $45, second time i walked out with 10 games for less then $90. Average price for all of those is $8.45 and the deals I was getting I would have no problem paying an extra $0.84 per game. Now if you are just gonna go in and get the games that are not clearanced then the trial membership is not worth it because you will end up paying retail or a $1 or 2 more on the newest releases and some of the older ones.[/QUOTE]

no im not really gonna bitch because i'm a member..

and i wasn't bitching anyway i was just stating the facts

Just bought Prototype for 32.81 at Sams for Xbox-360. Nothing majorly special on the price like some of the other stuff but it is on the clearance now.

[quote name='jk5000']Just bought Prototype for 32.81 at Sams for Xbox-360. Nothing majorly special on the price like some of the other stuff but it is on the clearance now.[/QUOTE]

gamefly used only $14.99

i checked 4 sames clubs within a 75 miles from my house none of them had anymore copies of infamous and all had it for 6.81 made me cry\\
(btw i am a memeber dont ave to deal with mark up

[quote name='toxicinzanity']omfg i want batman and R2 badly i seen kz2 for 10 but i didnt see the other 2,[/QUOTE]

[quote name='toxicinzanity']i checked 4 sames clubs within a 75 miles from my house none of them had anymore copies of infamous and all had it for 6.81 made me cry\\
(btw i am a memeber dont ave to deal with mark up[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know how you feel. I went to 3 different Sam's Clubs in Houston. I stopped by the Sam's Club on Katy Freeway before going to the movie theater and found it :D I took it to the register and it rang up $9.87. So I waited while they looked for it, but they couldn't find it :cry: She said they didn't have any in stock plus it was a deleted item in their system.

And none of the Sam's I went to had infamous either :cry:

[quote name='Pato1910']Will look for it thanks[/QUOTE]
You do that Pato.

Oh what the hell is like speaking to myself :whistle2:s

bread's done
Back