Sam's Club Deals Thread

SativaSam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Mod's note:
Please use this thread going forward for trade requests, sell requests, buy requests and the like for all clearance games from Sam's Club:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251017

Please add the location you found the game at, price, and any additional helpful information you can to each game you list in the Wiki.

I figured it's time we make a thread like this for all of the Sam's Club deals/clearance sales.

I picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum (360) for 9.87 at my local Sam's Club, along with Punch Out for Wii for 8.48, and Metal Gear Solid 4 (original edition I must add) for 17.81.

They also had Resistance 2 for 17.81, and GTA 4 for PS3 for 8 dollars.

Clearance Games Include:

Batman: Arkham Asylum (360) $9.87
Punch Out for Wii for 8.48
Metal Gear Solid 4 (original edition I must add) for 17.81.
Resistance 2 (CE) for 17.81
GTA 4 for PS3 for 8 dollars
Wii Grand Slam Tennis: $8.82
Killzone 2: $11.81
Infamous: $6.75
360 AC/DC Rock Band Track Pack: 6.xx
PS3 Endwar: $8.xx
PS2 Rock Band 2: 2.xx
360 Rock Band 2 Band Set: $79.xx
Mirrors Edge - 13.xx
Tiger Woods PGA Tour '10 - 36.xx
Ghostbusters (any system): 19.81
Bionic Commando (PS3): 13.81
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (360): $9.81
Saint's Row 2 (PS3): 8.81
Lego Batman (PS3): 12.81
iconxbox360.gif
Fight Night 4 $17.81
iconps3.gif
Fight Night 4 $27.81
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif
Wolfenstein $10.34
iconps3.gif
Overlord 2 $6.72
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif
Transformers 2 $10.34
:wii: Boom Blox - 12.81
:wii: Pikmin - 12.81
EA Active Sports (Wii) $10
Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) Game only for $15.76 yesterday
PSP Go systems for $177
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition $6.41
Fallout New Vegas $36.41
Medal of Honor LE on PS3 $19.21
GTA Chinatown Wars for the DS for $6.01
:360: TW PGA Tour 2010 --- $19.xx (again)
:ps3: Wet --- $24.xx
Heavy Rain marked down to 23.xx
Darksiders : 14.91
Bioshock 2 for $6.41
Little Big Planet GOTY for $10.81
R&C Crack in Time for 7.xx.
:ps3: Sports Champions Move Bundle $89.xx
:ps3: Motion Controller $45.xx
:ps3: Nav Controller $25.xx
:ps3: Move Charger $24.xx
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII $19.xx
:wii: Wii Fit Plus $88.xx
$9.91 :ps3:MLB The Show 09
$14.91 :360:Prototype
$19.98 :360:Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010
$24.95 :360: Dante's Inferno

Note: Some games such as Saint's Row 2 are lower in price at certain Sam's than the price listed. Very YMMV on a lot of these titles. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to be the first to get the gaming deals at Cookeville Sam's Club. I know that one of the workers there is a gamer and I've seen him post updates on his FB of the stuff he finds there. They are prone to putting out ridiculously marked down items...I got Legends of Rock and Guitar Hero 3, both with controllers (and one wireless) for 35 bucks. I always swing by the game department while I'm grocery shopping.

[quote name='SaraAB']My family pays to belong to this club, service should be better.[/QUOTE]

I understand your frustration. We pay for a business membership, but don't expect much from Sam's as they're still a part of the Wal-Mart family. So, we see the membership fee as access to relatively better pricing and club specials (discounts on travel, business-related items, or auto purchasing), but not better customer service.

From my experience, the service at Costco is excellent, especially at the Executive membership level. In my area, Sam's and Costco are worlds apart when it comes to service and overall look and organization of the warehouse and parking lot.

But, Sam's has bigger drink cups and more selection of drinks at their food center. :lol:

Saw a few DS games on clearance:

:ds:
Legend of Starfy - 17.81
Wolverine - 8.81

[quote name='parKer']I understand your frustration. We pay for a business membership, but don't expect much from Sam's as they're still a part of the Wal-Mart family. So, we see the membership fee as access to relatively better pricing and club specials (discounts on travel, business-related items, or auto purchasing), but not better customer service.

From my experience, the service at Costco is excellent, especially at the Executive membership level. In my area, Sam's and Costco are worlds apart when it comes to service and overall look and organization of the warehouse and parking lot.

But, Sam's has bigger drink cups and more selection of drinks at their food center. :lol:

Saw a few DS games on clearance:

:ds:
Legend of Starfy - 17.81
Wolverine - 8.81[/QUOTE]

Its probably not even worth it to belong to my Sam's, if I wasn't with a family of 4 I would ditch it right away (especially since samples are now gone for the time being at least). I don't think the pricing is that much better than Walmart's with coupons and I have found things that sell for less in Walmart than in Sams. They have also discontinued several food items we were buying which was disappointing.

The real bargain at Sams for us is the half & half and heavy cream. Since my family uses a lot of that I am sure it pays for the $40 a year membership itself, so I would not quit Sams since yes, I am saving money with them. The half & half and heavy cream is about half of what it costs in Walmart.

You have to watch what you buy there though because my grandmother who is wise last week spotted that they still have the same hams from Xmas at the same price they had back then. Not sure I would want to buy something that I know sat around in the club for that long. Not like it wouldn't be fresh but most stores have reduced the prices of ham a lot around here and Sams did not.

Otherwise electronics and other things are rather mediocre, and most electronics at Sam's cost a lot more at the club and are outdated compared to what you can get online.

Our area desperately needs costco, but Sams is the only warehouse club in town around here.

[quote name='Mastastic']It's hard to be the first to get the gaming deals at Cookeville Sam's Club. I know that one of the workers there is a gamer and I've seen him post updates on his FB of the stuff he finds there. They are prone to putting out ridiculously marked down items...I got Legends of Rock and Guitar Hero 3, both with controllers (and one wireless) for 35 bucks. I always swing by the game department while I'm grocery shopping.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the music games at the Cookeville Sam's were constantly being marked down to ridiculously low prices about half a year ago. Both times, I told my parents about them and asked them to buy them for me (I actually go in with my mom's old card, and usually only buy things from the food court, which means I can't buy anything other than that) and by the time they got there the next day, they were already gone. It's crazy. >_>;

I'm tempted to go in some time soon and ask if I can look through the bin of games and get price checks on some of them. There's easily twice as many games in those bins than there are displays on the sales floor. Still, though, if the CAG working there has been there and done that, I may not have any luck, after all. :p

[quote name='SaraAB']Its probably not even worth it to belong to my Sam's, if I wasn't with a family of 4 I would ditch it right away (especially since samples are now gone for the time being at least). I don't think the pricing is that much better than Walmart's with coupons and I have found things that sell for less in Walmart than in Sams. They have also discontinued several food items we were buying which was disappointing.

The real bargain at Sams for us is the half & half and heavy cream. Since my family uses a lot of that I am sure it pays for the $40 a year membership itself, so I would not quit Sams since yes, I am saving money with them. The half & half and heavy cream is about half of what it costs in Walmart.

You have to watch what you buy there though because my grandmother who is wise last week spotted that they still have the same hams from Xmas at the same price they had back then. Not sure I would want to buy something that I know sat around in the club for that long. Not like it wouldn't be fresh but most stores have reduced the prices of ham a lot around here and Sams did not.

Otherwise electronics and other things are rather mediocre, and most electronics at Sam's cost a lot more at the club and are outdated compared to what you can get online.

Our area desperately needs costco, but Sams is the only warehouse club in town around here.[/QUOTE]

The only reason we even keep our Sam's membership is because of the business supplies that aren't cheaper/available at Costco or Staples or the occasional Sam's travel-related benefits. I can't remember the last time we bought any food-related items there because for a lot of things, they try to make you feel like you're saving money as you're buying in bulk, but really, most grocery store sales are so much better. Not to mention you don't have to buy like 50 lbs or 50-packs of something at a time. Same goes for Costco, but at least they have monthly coupon sets that can make a difference.

I try to stay away from Sam's/Costco on sample day (usually Sundays here) because it's a madhouse!

Today at Sam's, they had a booth set up for Valentine's chocolate. A guy working behind the counter saw me walking by, raised his samples tray, winked and said, "You know you wanna try my fudge." :lol:

[quote name='parKer']The only reason we even keep our Sam's membership is because of the business supplies that aren't cheaper/available at Costco or Staples or the occasional Sam's travel-related benefits. I can't remember the last time we bought any food-related items there because for a lot of things, they try to make you feel like you're saving money as you're buying in bulk, but really, most grocery store sales are so much better. Not to mention you don't have to buy like 50 lbs or 50-packs of something at a time. Same goes for Costco, but at least they have monthly coupon sets that can make a difference.

I try to stay away from Sam's/Costco on sample day (usually Sundays here) because it's a madhouse!

Today at Sam's, they had a booth set up for Valentine's chocolate. A guy working behind the counter saw me walking by, raised his samples tray, winked and said, "You know you wanna try my fudge." :lol:[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that. For the past few months, they've had 10 lb bags of Yukon Gold potatoes for 3.87. I also routinely pick up 5 lb bags of broccoli florets for 4.28. Three packs of digiorno pizza's are 11.xx. Just to name a few. The potatoes, especially, run me over twice that much mattering what grocery store I go to.

[quote name='reininop']I don't know about that. For the past few months, they've had 10 lb bags of Yukon Gold potatoes for 3.87. I also routinely pick up 5 lb bags of broccoli florets for 4.28. Three packs of digiorno pizza's are 11.xx. Just to name a few. The potatoes, especially, run me over twice that much mattering what grocery store I go to.[/QUOTE]

To each their own, buddy. ;)

As for frozen pizzas, our chain grocery stores have sales (3 for $10) on different brands every week. We won't use 10 lbs of potatoes or 5 lbs of broccoli in time and so they would end up spoiling and thrown away. If buying bulk suits your needs, then great. But for me, and I'm sure a lot of others, buying in large amounts wastes more money, not to mention pantry/refrigerator space, than saves.

The service manager of my Sams club just contacted me by email and is giving me a $20 gift card for my troubles, this company has good service. They said they are going to perform an audit on the games at my club and that they shouldn't be missing 5 games. I think someone is stealing at the club, its definitely possible given the area that I live in and the fact that last summer a cashier was busted at the same club for stealing a lot of money out of the register, something like 20k I think it was (found an online article about it, that's how I know).

[quote name='shoe478']Does anyone want to know why I have a Sam's Club membership?......

I didn't think so, let's move along. :)[/QUOTE]

True. Now tell us again how a PS2 game wears out a PS3's laser more than a PS3 game would? ;)

[quote name='shoe478']Does anyone want to know why I have a Sam's Club membership?......
[/QUOTE]
If you don't mind sharing.:applause:

[quote name='SaraAB']The service manager of my Sams club just contacted me by email and is giving me a $20 gift card for my troubles, this company has good service. They said they are going to perform an audit on the games at my club and that they shouldn't be missing 5 games. I think someone is stealing at the club, its definitely possible given the area that I live in and the fact that last summer a cashier was busted at the same club for stealing a lot of money out of the register, something like 20k I think it was (found an online article about it, that's how I know).[/QUOTE]

I've always wanted to contact corporate because this has happened to me at least 4-times. I now go there and have them check inventory before I purchase it. I going to do the same and contact those idiots. How hard is it to keep 20 games in inventory for each system. We have over 1-million SKU at where I work and we have 99% accuracy. Were not even 1-tenth the size of Sams Club/Wallyworld.

Once again, my comments about OT comments lead to more OT comments AND have shown what a hypocrite I am.

Anyway, I have the membership because it is technically $25 for anyone with a college e-mail and ID.

Also, 25 bubble mailers cost $4.xx at Sam's. 5 of the same mailers cost $3.xx at Wal-mart so my membership probably paid for itself when I bought 2 boxes of mailers.

[quote name='kingsoby1']you dont need sams club/ costco, just go to a grocery with self checkout, punch in the code for rice, boom, instant savings![/QUOTE]

I LOL'd. HARD. XD

[quote name='shoe478']Anyway, I have the membership because it is technically $25 for anyone with a college e-mail and ID.[/QUOTE]
I didn't know that. Being a college student has so many perks! :p Maybe I should finally pick up a membership...

I don't know if anyone did this or not, but I did not have a pass and got a temp one at the service desk. I ended up getting a free $10 gift card which I applied to GTA Episodes. Almost free to me.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I LOL'd. HARD. XD

I didn't know that. Being a college student has so many perks! :p Maybe I should finally pick up a membership...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is the college membership. You have to pay $40 but they instantly give you a $15 gift card when signing up.

[quote name='joby27']I've always wanted to contact corporate because this has happened to me at least 4-times. I now go there and have them check inventory before I purchase it. I going to do the same and contact those idiots. How hard is it to keep 20 games in inventory for each system. We have over 1-million SKU at where I work and we have 99% accuracy. Were not even 1-tenth the size of Sams Club/Wallyworld.[/QUOTE]

There is an email form on the sams club website under contact us. Like with most complaints, a store cannot fix what is broken unless they know its broken so you have to tell them or else they can't fix it. Its most effective to complain through the website. I could understand one game going missing but they had 2 placeholders for this game and the computer in the store showed 5 in stock, when no games were to be found on the floor or in the cages. If its happened to you 4 times that is completely unacceptable especially if you waited for someone to look for them each time. The manager of your store would probably appreciate if you told them about this. Sam's club has a very limited selection of games and it shouldn't be that hard to keep track of them. I noticed they had placeholders for a lot of older Wii games too, so you have to wonder how many of those were just fake placeholders and how many they actually had in stock.

My walmart has already moved to a plastic box system and removed the cages that previously used to house games (first store I have seen do this besides Toys R Us), every retailer should do this because its just easier for the customer rather than tracking down an employee to either find a game or to open a cage.

Thoughts about shopping Costco/Sam's and PS2s.

I use Costco for my primary grocery for a family of 4 at this point, and I save a lot of money doing so. I'm not a sale/coupon guy when it comes to food, so knowing I can get things consistently cheap from one location fits my needs. I fill in the gaps with Walmart and my local grocery, and sometimes Target (their frozen OJ is crazy cheap). Costco's organics are cheap and their selection is usually top quality.

As far as buying new PS2s, I have a huge backlog of PS2 games I have not gotten around to, and I invested a lot in games my kids were too young for, but I knew they would want to play later--Odin Sphere, Persona, R.A.D. and other obscure stuff that is hard to find, but just plain good games--I can just sell what they or I don't want to play to recoup my investment. Sooner or later though, I'll need to replace my PS2 fatty, so a cheap Slim is a good deal for me--it might not be for everybody, but there are plenty of folks who could use one. Makes a good DVD player as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sdcranford']I have a copy of inFamous and would like to have Wolfenstein for either system. Anybody want to trade. inFamous is sealed.[/QUOTE]I presume you want Wolfenstein for PS3? I think I can get it for 360 if you have both systems.

Does Sam's have a markdown schedule...like manager's review once a month or week or something. I see these games at my Sam's but no markdowns or not as low as other's are seeing. I've had some scanned and they are what the sticker's say...can I expect to see them eventually get marked down?

[quote name='sdcranford']I have a copy of inFamous and would like to have Wolfenstein for either system. Anybody want to trade. inFamous is sealed.[/QUOTE]

I have Wolfenstein sealed for 360 if your interested.

The Wilkes-Barre, PA Sam's Club had no deals that I really saw(for PS3 anyway) when I was there this past Friday.

I tried to pick up a 'two pack' of PS3 Dual Shock 3's, but when I took the placard up to the register, they only brought one up there and said it was $38.11 for the single controller even though the placard said it was for the 2 pack.

I told them thanks but no thanks.

I was also at the Wilkes-Barre Sam's club yesterday and saw the bunch of Wolfenstein 360 games there..

I was thinking about taking one to the register for a price check, but I really don't need any more games right now..

They were all marked as $34.xx.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The Wilkes-Barre, PA Sam's Club had no deals that I really saw(for PS3 anyway) when I was there this past Friday.

I tried to pick up a 'two pack' of PS3 Dual Shock 3's, but when I took the placard up to the register, they only brought one up there and said it was $38.11 for the single controller even though the placard said it was for the 2 pack.

I told them thanks but no thanks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='egorka']I was also at the Wilkes-Barre Sam's club yesterday and saw the bunch of Wolfenstein 360 games there..

I was thinking about taking one to the register for a price check, but I really don't need any more games right now..

They were all marked as $34.xx.[/QUOTE]

Since I'm only a PS3 owner(with PS2 games leftover that I didn't finish 100% from last gen:cry:)I was looking for 2 main things: PS3 games/deals and a possible PS2 slim for $70 or under.:D

Good to see another local CAG around.

I picked up the last copy of MGS4 (non greatest hits version) for $17.81 tonight. The price was already mentioned, so no surprise there. Only other thing of note really was Super Paper Mario Wii for $32.81. I would have snagged it if I could afford extra game spending other than MGS4.

EDIT - I also saw a copy of Resident Evil 1 for the Wii for $18.81. There was also a few copies of Overlord: Dark Legend for Wii for $7.81. If it were the PS3 version, I woulda snagged it.

Snagged Bionic Commando, 360 version for $13.something today...

[quote name='SativaSam']It's a platinum hits title, but it's around 20 dollars pretty much everywhere. Including Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-2-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1265236392&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know it is a platinum hits title now, but just as I had suspected, I saw in the games cabinet today and their Saints Row 2 stock was still all white label. I'm going to pick it up next time around.

Word of advice for anyone looking to score a PS2 for $70: go to customer service and tell them to "check the cage". Be polite but persistent.

I was striking out at my local stores until one rep knew what I was talking about. She said the PS2 wasn't in the system, but that she knew she'd seen one in the cage. She had to physically go and check on it. No luck, but at least I knew how to approach it at the next store.

As usual, the gal at the next one called electronics and some other department and heard, "No, no PS2's." I asked about the cage, but she gave me a blank stare. Another guy jumped in and offered to go look. Sure enough, in the far back, he found two silver PS2's, covered in a thick layer of dust. He said they'd been there a very long time and wondered why they didn't sell." I said it was because nobody knew where the hell they were! LOL

The guy did such a great job tracking them down that I filled out a comment card on him. And now I have my first PS2! :D

I work at a Sam's in Orlando and all the prices were at least $10-15 less than what was posted. I scanned them all. Fear 2 for $9, Bionic Commando $12, nothing too special. If you want to trade for something, let me know what you want and I'll check

[quote name='Zippon']Word of advice for anyone looking to score a PS2 for $70: go to customer service and tell them to "check the cage". Be polite but persistent.

I was striking out at my local stores until one rep knew what I was talking about. She said the PS2 wasn't in the system, but that she knew she'd seen one in the cage. She had to physically go and check on it. No luck, but at least I knew how to approach it at the next store.

As usual, the gal at the next one called electronics and some other department and heard, "No, no PS2's." I asked about the cage, but she gave me a blank stare. Another guy jumped in and offered to go look. Sure enough, in the far back, he found two silver PS2's, covered in a thick layer of dust. He said they'd been there a very long time and wondered why they didn't sell." I said it was because nobody knew where the hell they were! LOL

The guy did such a great job tracking them down that I filled out a comment card on him. And now I have my first PS2! :D[/QUOTE]
Ran into the opposite situation earlier this week.

My Sam's Club had one of the PS2 cards in the Electronics section, but when I went to check out they couldn't find it. There were 3 employees running all over the store trying to find it (the cage, the "upstairs" room, the electronics section, etc). After a half hour, they came back and said they didn't have any.

I could have put up a stink about it, but I was on the fence, so just figured it wasn't meant to be and left.

[quote name='flix1']Ran into the opposite situation earlier this week.

My Sam's Club had one of the PS2 cards in the Electronics section, but when I went to check out they couldn't find it. There were 3 employees running all over the store trying to find it (the cage, the "upstairs" room, the electronics section, etc). After a half hour, they came back and said they didn't have any.

I could have put up a stink about it, but I was on the fence, so just figured it wasn't meant to be and left.[/QUOTE]

I might head out to two different Sam's Clubs in my area this afternoon to see if they have any. I won't :cry: if they don't, but I would be :D if they did.

Wow, that's about the opposite of my experience. I have figured out to go directly to customer service when they have the 'cards' for games, instead of wasting time in a regular line, then waste more time in the customer service line to be told they don't have the game. I went to a club out of town the other day, and went to customer service with 8 game cards...after waiting in just that line for 20+ minutes, turns out they only had 2, that's right TWO, of the 8 games. Needless to say, I was a little upset. I mean, I can understand an extra card or two getting out there, but if a company as big and powerful as Sam's/Wal-Mart has this much trouble keeping up with inventory of expensive, $60 items, what in the hell are they doing?? I mean, six missing games, that could potentially be close to $400 worth of merchandise...just gone, with no explanation.

One of the Sam's here had the actual PS2 boxes out on the floor with the game cards and guitar hero stuff. So sometimes the PS2s aren't in the cage, which stinks because they could be dumped off randomly around the club when people don't want them anymore. I found a black one in an automotive aisle while looking at windshield wipers.

went to sams club and saw fallout collectors edition for 19.81. i took the card to the counter but they didnt have it in stock.

[quote name='sgaldis']Wow, that's about the opposite of my experience. I have figured out to go directly to customer service when they have the 'cards' for games, instead of wasting time in a regular line, then waste more time in the customer service line to be told they don't have the game. I went to a club out of town the other day, and went to customer service with 8 game cards...after waiting in just that line for 20+ minutes, turns out they only had 2, that's right TWO, of the 8 games. Needless to say, I was a little upset. I mean, I can understand an extra card or two getting out there, but if a company as big and powerful as Sam's/Wal-Mart has this much trouble keeping up with inventory of expensive, $60 items, what in the hell are they doing?? I mean, six missing games, that could potentially be close to $400 worth of merchandise...just gone, with no explanation.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how they lose anything there. I like the prices I get occasionally, but it's a pain in the ass to actually buy a game there. Everything locked up in cabinets and each game individually logged in a book. I don't know how they are ever off.

[quote name='sgaldis']Wow, that's about the opposite of my experience. I have figured out to go directly to customer service when they have the 'cards' for games, instead of wasting time in a regular line, then waste more time in the customer service line to be told they don't have the game. I went to a club out of town the other day, and went to customer service with 8 game cards...after waiting in just that line for 20+ minutes, turns out they only had 2, that's right TWO, of the 8 games. Needless to say, I was a little upset. I mean, I can understand an extra card or two getting out there, but if a company as big and powerful as Sam's/Wal-Mart has this much trouble keeping up with inventory of expensive, $60 items, what in the hell are they doing?? I mean, six missing games, that could potentially be close to $400 worth of merchandise...just gone, with no explanation.[/QUOTE]

I would complain, the thing that gets me is you have to pay for the merchandise before even finding out if they have it or not, which is ridiculous. I wouldn't have a problem with it if they told you they didn't have it before you paid, but having to pay for it and then go to customer service and get a refund after waiting 20 min, and then have the receipt checker question you at the door is ridiculous. They need to have a better system, my Walmart recently removed the cages and now houses all their games in plastic security boxes ala Toys R Us. Had I realized this was a nationwide problem for Sam's I would have never even tried to buy games there, but I complained via the contact us link on the Sam's website and got a $20 gift card for my troubles.

With my store the games were actually showing in stock in the store's computer, so either the inventory is severely off or someone is stealing, which frankly I wouldn't be surprised about. In my store they had 5 copies of Punch Out apparently go missing. I assume if employees were pulling the games for themselves as they went on sale and buying them it would show as a sale in the computer and the inventory would decrease by however many they purchased. After I complained and they cleaned up the game department I went back to see how the stock looked and there were a bunch of other cards gone so I assume there was more than 5 games missing.

I'm going to head over to Sam's club this weekend. Hopefully I can find myself GTA IV and Infamous, or atleast one of the two.

bread's done
Back