Sam's Club Deals Thread

SativaSam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Mod's note:
Please use this thread going forward for trade requests, sell requests, buy requests and the like for all clearance games from Sam's Club:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251017

Please add the location you found the game at, price, and any additional helpful information you can to each game you list in the Wiki.

I figured it's time we make a thread like this for all of the Sam's Club deals/clearance sales.

I picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum (360) for 9.87 at my local Sam's Club, along with Punch Out for Wii for 8.48, and Metal Gear Solid 4 (original edition I must add) for 17.81.

They also had Resistance 2 for 17.81, and GTA 4 for PS3 for 8 dollars.

Clearance Games Include:

Batman: Arkham Asylum (360) $9.87
Punch Out for Wii for 8.48
Metal Gear Solid 4 (original edition I must add) for 17.81.
Resistance 2 (CE) for 17.81
GTA 4 for PS3 for 8 dollars
Wii Grand Slam Tennis: $8.82
Killzone 2: $11.81
Infamous: $6.75
360 AC/DC Rock Band Track Pack: 6.xx
PS3 Endwar: $8.xx
PS2 Rock Band 2: 2.xx
360 Rock Band 2 Band Set: $79.xx
Mirrors Edge - 13.xx
Tiger Woods PGA Tour '10 - 36.xx
Ghostbusters (any system): 19.81
Bionic Commando (PS3): 13.81
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (360): $9.81
Saint's Row 2 (PS3): 8.81
Lego Batman (PS3): 12.81
iconxbox360.gif
Fight Night 4 $17.81
iconps3.gif
Fight Night 4 $27.81
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif
Wolfenstein $10.34
iconps3.gif
Overlord 2 $6.72
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif
Transformers 2 $10.34
:wii: Boom Blox - 12.81
:wii: Pikmin - 12.81
EA Active Sports (Wii) $10
Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) Game only for $15.76 yesterday
PSP Go systems for $177
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition $6.41
Fallout New Vegas $36.41
Medal of Honor LE on PS3 $19.21
GTA Chinatown Wars for the DS for $6.01
:360: TW PGA Tour 2010 --- $19.xx (again)
:ps3: Wet --- $24.xx
Heavy Rain marked down to 23.xx
Darksiders : 14.91
Bioshock 2 for $6.41
Little Big Planet GOTY for $10.81
R&C Crack in Time for 7.xx.
:ps3: Sports Champions Move Bundle $89.xx
:ps3: Motion Controller $45.xx
:ps3: Nav Controller $25.xx
:ps3: Move Charger $24.xx
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII $19.xx
:wii: Wii Fit Plus $88.xx
$9.91 :ps3:MLB The Show 09
$14.91 :360:Prototype
$19.98 :360:Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010
$24.95 :360: Dante's Inferno

Note: Some games such as Saint's Row 2 are lower in price at certain Sam's than the price listed. Very YMMV on a lot of these titles. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xhonzi']I snagged Batman AA at the Thornton, CO Sams. There were two more cards there for it. I checked for the PS3 games, and they didn't have any cards out for them. I forgot to look for Punchout.

Anyone check out the Aurora or Denver Sams?

Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

My Wife picked up the last one for me in Arvada on Saturday. I checked the Aurora (Abilene) and Denver (Quebec & 35th) on Sunday during some running around town. No dice at either.

[quote name='Ragingdemon656']Several copies of Infamous at Latham, NY location. Got the last copies of Batman and Punchout.[/QUOTE]

Any chance you would pick me up an inFAMOUS and ship to me? PM for $$ info or what you'd like to get out of it.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Got the last Batman and Punchout in the Atlanta area. Missed out on Infamous.

Has anyone mentioned that Killzone 2 is 16.xx?[/QUOTE]

It was $11.81 at the Sam's I went to. I grabbed the last two copies (one for a friend).

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Ugh. I'm admittedly jealous that everyone is finding Batman and Punchout at these prices...

I'm going to have to go check again, though I'm 90% sure my Sam's won't have gotten any in... Has anyone had any luck getting the SKU numbers (or whatever they're called) and bringing them to customer service to see if they have any that aren't on the sales floor?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Where the hell did my post go?

[quote name='Ragingdemon656']Several copies of Infamous at Latham, NY location. Got the last copies of Batman and Punchout.[/QUOTE]

PM me if you're planning on going again. I'd like to see if we can work out an inFAMOUS deal.

[quote name='xhonzi']I snagged Batman AA at the Thornton, CO Sams. There were two more cards there for it. I checked for the PS3 games, and they didn't have any cards out for them. I forgot to look for Punchout.

Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

My wife went to the Arvada one on Saturday and got me the last one. I checked the Aurora (Abilene) and Denver (35th & Quebec) on Sunday and struck out on all the clearance games.

Is anyone able to pick up another copy of Infamous or Killzone 2?

I went to get Resistance 2 for 17 but someone bought the last one. -_-

Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

We got the last one in Arvada on Saturday. I checked Aurora (Abilene) and Denver (35th & Quebec) and struck out.

Here's a tip that might help some CAGs out with this, if you haven't already:

If you haven't gone to Customer Service to ask if they have a game you're looking for, DO. If your Sam's is like mine, they have maybe 10-15 title displays per console in the games section. Behind the counter, though, they had literally 8 CARDBOARD BINS filled with 360 games alone- about five different titles per box. Sadly, I didn't have any luck with Punch-Out or Batman, but I know some CAGs have been getting cheated out of deals because of things like that. Also, I wouldn't call to have them check, either- when I called Customer Service, they actually had someone check the games section (where the displays are) to see if they had it, instead of the cases behind the counter. O_-;

If you've gone before and left empty-handed without going to Customer Service, I would definitely give that a shot once you get the chance. You may be surprised. :D

Went to the sams club in Miramar, Fl and used the one day membership (the one from the website that expires in Dec 2010). Picked up Batman AA for 9.87, and punchout for 8.48. Punchout was marked 45.88, but rang up with the discount. Had to pay the 10% upcharge, but 20.00 and change for punchout and AA, I didn't mind. The lady said it was the last AA, but I noticed several additional punchout cards left.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']

If you haven't gone to Customer Service to ask if they have a game you're looking for, DO.... I would definitely give that a shot once you get the chance. You may be surprised. :D[/QUOTE]

I was surprised how pissed off she was I asked. Without even checking the computer she told me if it isn't on the shelf, they don't have it and that was that. Refused to look for it. I did see when they opened their cabinet for a different game that they had about 50 NSMB, so hopefully that will get clearanced out at some point.

[quote name='reininop']I was surprised how pissed off she was I asked. Without even checking the computer she told me if it isn't on the shelf, they don't have it and that was that. Refused to look for it. I did see when they opened their cabinet for a different game that they had about 50 NSMB, so hopefully that will get clearanced out at some point.[/QUOTE]

You just gotta love when people refuse to do their job. Why call it customer service, when the fuckin' idiots won't even serve the damn customers?

With so many people out of work in this country(myself included), some of us would take the place of these shmucks in a heartbeat and gladly do the job to have a paycheck coming in.

HEY! I found a Batman AA at a Sam's Club near me!
Too bad it rang up at $57.77
I would be lieing if I said I was not a little disappointed.

For anyone in the Dallas area, there's one copy of Batman (360) at the Sam's Club across from Half Price books. Marked $9.97 hidden amongst the PS3 games.

~KC

[quote name='jdawgg76']Got the last Batman and Punchout in the Atlanta area. Missed out on Infamous.

Has anyone mentioned that Killzone 2 is 16.xx?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rig']It was $11.81 at the Sam's I went to. I grabbed the last two copies (one for a friend).[/QUOTE]Indeed. The CS checked for KZ2 at other stores and so I stopped by one on the way home and was surprised when it rang up 11.81! It was marked 16.xx at the first store, but they had none left. There are several Atlanta area stores with it in stock. No stores around Atlanta have Infamous:bomb: or Batman.

[quote name='Cameron4All']HEY! I found a Batman AA at a Sam's Club near me!
I would be lieing if I said I was not a little disappointed.[/QUOTE]The deal is only for the 360 version.

[quote name='Ronin317']It was like Spaceballs combing the desert at one local Sam's tonight - We ain't found shit.[/QUOTE]Nothing like a good Spaceballs quote!

A few good BRs, too. Saw Batman Begins for 11, Quantum of Solace and an older Bond 2pack for 17 and Taken/Older Bond movie for 18 as well as several $10 BRs that are commonly on sale for 10-15 at other stores.

[quote name='reininop']I was surprised how pissed off she was I asked. Without even checking the computer she told me if it isn't on the shelf, they don't have it and that was that. Refused to look for it. I did see when they opened their cabinet for a different game that they had about 50 NSMB, so hopefully that will get clearanced out at some point.[/QUOTE]

Dont assume all clubs are run the same. My wife is a manager and has been for years. She has been at 2 clubs and helped at many others. They are all set up differently. Some managers want it all out on the floor when there are only a few left. Other huge sellers like Mario Bros, etc. have backstock.

Other things to consider is the location, areas with high theft potential there may be more things locked up in the cage, etc.

Sams has a pretty effecient computer system and typically shrink (missing stock) is very low at Sams. So if they check the computer and its all out they dont need to check any other potential boxes. Especially for free day pass customers. They make very little profit of the goods they sell, the profit behind sams club is on the membership passes, so keep that in mind.

That shit wouldn't have flown with me... I worked in Retail CS for MANY years and anytime associates would act like that it would be an immediate reprimand by the manager. I would have knocked her off her pedestal right then. Sorry for the bad service. Not all people are like that.

[quote name='jdawgg76']

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cameron4All
HEY! I found a Batman AA at a Sam's Club near me!
I would be lieing if I said I was not a little disappointed.

The deal is only for the 360 version.

[/QUOTE]

It was the 360 version. I was marked as the last one too.
She had some problems scanning it and when it finally went through, it came up at $57.77.

Man I'd love to find Batman AA PS3 on cheap. Speaking of which, I never went by TJMaxx to see if they had any copies of it or MW2 for $29.99.

[quote name='Cameron4All']It was the 360 version. I was marked as the last one too.
She had some problems scanning it and when it finally went through, it came up at $57.77.[/QUOTE]Really? I thought Sam's wasn't YMMV on prices.

Forgot to mention a couple other clearance prices:

360 AC/DC Rock Band 6.xx
PS3 Tom Clancy's Endwar 8.xx
PS2 Rock Band 2.xx
360 Rock Band 2 Band Set 79.xx

Those are marked prices, not rung up so I guess they could be lower like Killzone 2 turned out to be.

Several copies of MGS4 at the Aurora CO Sams. Also had Resistance 2, but it was ringing up at $40ish. They had several 360 Batman cards, but they didn't have any in the back.

I'm tempted by Saints Row 2 for $19.99, but I'm wondering if it's platinum hits or not. The particular Sam's in question has had it in stock for a long time, several price drop stickers on the card. Anyone bought this recently? Platinum *hits or no?

[quote name='warmsignal']I'm tempted by Saints Row 2 for $19.99, but I'm wondering if it's platinum hits or not. The particular Sam's in question has had it in stock for a long time, several price drop stickers on the card. Anyone bought this recently? Platinum *hits or no?[/QUOTE]
It's a platinum hits title, but it's around 20 dollars pretty much everywhere. Including Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-2-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1265236392&sr=8-1

[quote name='xhonzi']Several copies of MGS4 at the Aurora CO Sams. Also had Resistance 2, but it was ringing up at $40ish. They had several 360 Batman cards, but they didn't have any in the back.[/QUOTE]

I tried saving you the trouble. I went there on Sunday.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I tried saving you the trouble. I went there on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Somehow I missed your post. Thanks!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You just gotta love when people refuse to do their job. Why call it customer service, when the fuckin' idiots won't even serve the damn customers?
[/QUOTE]

I had a CS do that with me. She refused to check the computer or the cage. I then very politely asked if she could assist me with canceling my Sam's membership. That is when she cooperated.

[quote name='xhonzi']Somehow I missed your post. Thanks![/QUOTE]

You probably missed it because Shrike ninja modded it 3 times. I was multi quoting someone to PM me if they were going back. Wasn't even requesting a game just was curious if he would be going back anytime soon. :whistle2:s

SativaSam, or whomever is going to own this thread, it might be helpful if we could get a listing of the games on clearance along with their item number and price. I've called Sams Club a number of times and they seem incapable of searching their system for anything without an item number.

For example,
Wii Punchout $8.48 Item#795325
Wii Grand Slam Tennis $8.82 Item#867102
X360 Batman Arkham Asylum $9.97 Item#???

I have a ton of them I would be willing to contibute to get the list started.

^^The system is such a contrived mess that unless you specifically know how an item is listed under in the product logs, then it either takes forever or is useless.

^^^ -- I like that better than dragging the whole previous message in.

Right, I understand their system is a mess but when I've had the name of a title they never give me accurate info, and when I've had the item # they are always spot on. It's helpful if you are looking for stuff in that system.

Is Ghostbusters really considered clearance at $19.81? The current MSRP has been $19.99 for nearly two weeks now.

[quote name='SativaSam']Mod's note:
Please use this thread going forward for trade requests, sell requests, buy requests and the like for all clearance games from Sam's Club:

Metal Gear Solid 4 (original edition I must add) for 17.81.
[/QUOTE]

I googled MGS4 original edition... but came up empty. Is there something I should know about the version I got from Sam's?

[quote name='xhonzi']I googled MGS4 original edition... but came up empty. Is there something I should know about the version I got from Sam's?[/QUOTE]

He meant Non Greatest Hits. Some people are a little anal about the color of the game box.

Has anyone's Sam's been restocked with any clearance games? I have the feeling they're just trying to get rid of them, so stores wouldn't be getting any in.. But I could be wrong.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Has anyone's Sam's been restocked with any clearance games? I have the feeling they're just trying to get rid of them, so stores wouldn't be getting any in.. But I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Anyone else see the irony of that statement besides me?:bouncy:

[quote name='jr8rulz']Anyone else see the irony of that statement besides me?:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

lol yeah i had to read it twice.

"Ironic, isn't it? Flying an airplane while listening to a song played by a band whose members got killed in a plane crash." - CON AIR

[quote name='SativaSam']When I said original version, I meant the non-greatest hits version.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the clarification.

I would deffinately say these deals are very YMMV. I have found great deals at my regular store, but I went to the Davenport Iowa store and while they had several games that had $xx.81 for the price; the cheapest in the main
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
, &
iconwii.gif
sections was Resistance 2 for $36.81 (they were in the
iconps2_r2.gif
section for some reason). Not nearly as good as the other deals being put up.

At the Peoria,IL store I found these deals(?) on top of the games I listed in a earlier post.

iconxbox360.gif
Fight Night 4 $17.81
iconps3.gif
Fight Night 4 $27.81
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif
Wolfenstien $10.34
iconps3.gif
Overlord 2 $6.72
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif
Transformers 2 $10.34

I just picked up Batman: AA, Infamous, and Punchout here in Houston, TX. All the prices are exactly the same as posted so every store in Houston, TX has these prices as I verified with the Member services manager. They have a bad inventory system, so if you go to your local Sams take the cardboard copy they have on the racks and take it immediatly to Member Services center regardless of price and ask them if they have it and they will check their inventory cage. If they don't, they will kindly look it up and tell you the other sams that have it in stock and the quantity. In all of Houston there is one copy left of Punchout at the Sugarland store, so just a heads up on that, but the other games there seems to be a few copys here and there scattered throughout the city.

I was thinking of getting Transformers 2 from Gamefly, but I'll check the Sam's on Monday after all this god forsaken snow and ice stops falling from the sky.

bread's done
Back