Sam's Club Deals Thread

SativaSam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Mod's note:
Please use this thread going forward for trade requests, sell requests, buy requests and the like for all clearance games from Sam's Club:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251017

Please add the location you found the game at, price, and any additional helpful information you can to each game you list in the Wiki.

I figured it's time we make a thread like this for all of the Sam's Club deals/clearance sales.

I picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum (360) for 9.87 at my local Sam's Club, along with Punch Out for Wii for 8.48, and Metal Gear Solid 4 (original edition I must add) for 17.81.

They also had Resistance 2 for 17.81, and GTA 4 for PS3 for 8 dollars.

Clearance Games Include:

Batman: Arkham Asylum (360) $9.87
Punch Out for Wii for 8.48
Metal Gear Solid 4 (original edition I must add) for 17.81.
Resistance 2 (CE) for 17.81
GTA 4 for PS3 for 8 dollars
Wii Grand Slam Tennis: $8.82
Killzone 2: $11.81
Infamous: $6.75
360 AC/DC Rock Band Track Pack: 6.xx
PS3 Endwar: $8.xx
PS2 Rock Band 2: 2.xx
360 Rock Band 2 Band Set: $79.xx
Mirrors Edge - 13.xx
Tiger Woods PGA Tour '10 - 36.xx
Ghostbusters (any system): 19.81
Bionic Commando (PS3): 13.81
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (360): $9.81
Saint's Row 2 (PS3): 8.81
Lego Batman (PS3): 12.81
iconxbox360.gif
Fight Night 4 $17.81
iconps3.gif
Fight Night 4 $27.81
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif
Wolfenstein $10.34
iconps3.gif
Overlord 2 $6.72
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif
Transformers 2 $10.34
:wii: Boom Blox - 12.81
:wii: Pikmin - 12.81
EA Active Sports (Wii) $10
Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) Game only for $15.76 yesterday
PSP Go systems for $177
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition $6.41
Fallout New Vegas $36.41
Medal of Honor LE on PS3 $19.21
GTA Chinatown Wars for the DS for $6.01
:360: TW PGA Tour 2010 --- $19.xx (again)
:ps3: Wet --- $24.xx
Heavy Rain marked down to 23.xx
Darksiders : 14.91
Bioshock 2 for $6.41
Little Big Planet GOTY for $10.81
R&C Crack in Time for 7.xx.
:ps3: Sports Champions Move Bundle $89.xx
:ps3: Motion Controller $45.xx
:ps3: Nav Controller $25.xx
:ps3: Move Charger $24.xx
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII $19.xx
:wii: Wii Fit Plus $88.xx
$9.91 :ps3:MLB The Show 09
$14.91 :360:Prototype
$19.98 :360:Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010
$24.95 :360: Dante's Inferno

Note: Some games such as Saint's Row 2 are lower in price at certain Sam's than the price listed. Very YMMV on a lot of these titles. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam's Club in Alpharetta, GA. has the following:

:360: Batman: Arkham Asylum = $9.87
:360: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed = $9.81
:360: Bionic Commando = $13.81
:ps3: Killzone 2 = $11.81
:ps3: Saints Row 2 = $8.81
:ps3: Lego Batman = $12.81
:ps3: Bionic Commando = $13.81

So I bit the bullet and reserved a copy of Punch Out at my local Sam's Club. The website indicated the number of copies they had were very low but it did allow me reserve the item for instore pick up.

I reserved the game yesterday without any notice so far. How long does it take to proces having a game pulled and placed on hold?

Thanks,

hey guys is the batman deal real? if someone would be willing to pick me up a copy i would be more than willing to paypal them $20. pm me if interested

I think you need a huge YMMV in the title given that my local Sam's have never had any of the games reported on sale here in the past several years.

[quote name='woodcan']I think you need a huge YMMV in the title given that my local Sam's have never had any of the games reported on sale here in the past several years.[/QUOTE]
my closest sams club is about 45 minutes away. i have no motivation or willingness to drive up there today.

I was able to grab an extra Batman (Xbox 360), Killzone 2, and Punch-Out. If anybody grabs a Resistance 2, and would like to trade for one of what I have, PM me.

[quote name='Rig']I was able to grab an extra Batman (Xbox 360), Killzone 2, and Punch-Out. If anybody grabs a Resistance 2, and would like to trade for one of what I have, PM me.[/QUOTE]

Damn I just got ripped off @
icongs_r1.gif
on Resistance 2 Fri. would have gladly traded you for Batman or Punchout.

I want to get Punch Out, but the store locater on their website says there are 0 at my local store. How accurate are those locater's? If there is still a possibility that they have copies and their database isn't up to date I'll still go.

[quote name='Tardcore']I have a membership question. If my Dad has a membership, can I piggy back on his or do I have to get my own?[/QUOTE]
Yes you can.

I was able to pick up Batman: AA at Sam's Club store #8244 (near 45Fwy & Beltway 8 intersection). This was after going to store #8217, finding plenty of cover art plastic cards, buying it, then going to member services and them telling me they're out of stock and have to refund my money (ugh!). Had them check inventory at nearby stores, which is how I found it at the other store. THAT STORE didn't even have the plastic card on display, so I just went to member services and asked for it there. I think I got their last copy, cause the girl really took her time trying to find one.

Don't go by what their site says about availability at a particular store. Call ahead and make sure they have it in stock before making the trip, especially if you happen to have crappy weather in your area.

Everything rang up price as marked for me, so I passed on all of them. A few examples:

Batman for $36.81:
[IMG-C=144]11676[/IMG-C]

Bionic Commando for $13.81
[IMG-C=144]11677[/IMG-C]

Ghostbusters for $19.81:
[IMG-C=144]11678[/IMG-C]

Bionic Commando recently dropped in price, I forget if it was $19.81 or $24.81 for the past couple of months but maybe it will drop to under $10 with the next drop.

[quote name='regis100']Everything rang up price as marked for me, so I passed on all of them. A few examples:

Batman for $36.81:
[IMG-C=144]11676[/IMG-C]

Bionic Commando for $13.81
[IMG-C=144]11677[/IMG-C]

Ghostbusters for $19.81:
[IMG-C=144]11678[/IMG-C][/QUOTE]

The AA in question is for the 360 version. Not the PS3.

I picked up the only copy of GTA IV (360) for $13.81 at the Sam's in Louisville KY on Blankenbaker Pkwy.

No Batmans though. Mostly Wii games...

Should be 3 punchouts in stock at
Club #4702​
- FRIENDSWOOD, TX they show 6 but I got 3

On Friday I went to Sam's Club just to look around and got Infamous for $6.75 and saw Resistance 2 Collectors Edition for $17.81. The funny thing is that they where siting next to copies that where marked at full price. I'm guessing this is very YMMV.

I went to Sams Club today and picked up Punch Out for $8.48. It was marked for $45.xx, so don't be afraid to ask someone to scan it for you. :whee:

Picked last copies BAA and PO at Goodlettsville TN Sams. Stickered at regular price, but rang up just right. Web showed none in stock.

[quote name='Chronis']OK guys, for the record, $XX.81 are official clearance drops. They are still YMMV but you have a better chance at finding something ending with .81 than you are say... $6.75. So if you want Infamous for that, good luck. But if you want it for $37.81, then you actually have a decent chance.[/QUOTE]

Okay, so it's pretty easy to get a steady list of games that are $xx.81, I've found 44 so far. Have we determined anything about how Sams does clearance? For example, Punchout is $8.48, Grand Slam Tennis is $8.82, Infamous is $6.75 and obviously none of those are $xx.81. When it hits $xx.81 does that mean that it's in the clearance cycle, i.e. $xx.98 @ Target, $xx.97 @ Sears & Kmart? Or is $xx.81 the bottom end clearance price.

I've got more questions than answers, so it'd be cool if anyone knows.

Ended up going to the one in Centennial Center and asked the guy working there if they had a copy. He said someone returned one copy earlier today and grabbed it for me!

Canton, OH and Chapel Hil, OH are OOS.

Also, I spotted 2 40gb PS3s at the Chapel Hill Sam's, one at $150 and one at $250.(don't ask me)

I spotted a returned RE5 LE 360 at the Canton store, returned only because the kid it was bought for didn't like it, but they wouldn't sell it to me because claims hadn't checked it yet.(bullshit. It couldn't have been returned recently. The console came out almost a year ago)

[quote name='dabamus']Canton, OH and Chapel Hil, OH are OOS.

Also, I spotted 2 40gb PS3s at the Chapel Hill Sam's, one at $150 and one at $250.(don't ask me)

I spotted a returned RE5 LE 360 at the Canton store, returned only because the kid it was bought for didn't like it, but they wouldn't sell it to me because claims hadn't checked it yet.(bullshit. It couldn't have been returned recently. The console came out almost a year ago)[/QUOTE]

I may have to check my local Sam's, since I'd love to grab a spare PS3 for $150.:) Of course, knowing this friggin' area they probably want $399.99(MSRP) for them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I may have to check my local Sam's, since I'd love to grab a spare PS3 for $150.:) Of course, knowing this friggin' area they probably want $399.99(MSRP) for them.[/QUOTE]

That's just what the price sticker said that was stuck on(handwritten) it. One had a handwritten $150 sticker, and one had a $250 sticker.

You gotta love those handwritten price tags, since the clerk(s) at the front registers look at them like YOU wrote the damn thing on there. I've had cashiers and managers deny me deals before because they didn't remember marking shit with a handwritten tag.:roll:

I snagged Batman AA at the Thornton, CO Sams. There were two more cards there for it. I checked for the PS3 games, and they didn't have any cards out for them. I forgot to look for Punchout.

Anyone check out the Aurora or Denver Sams?

Thanks, OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xhonzi']Was anyone still looking for a copy of Batman? I can go back tomorrow and see if they still have them...[/QUOTE]

Actually, i was and would be willing to work something out with you if you manage to get one extra

[quote name='jr8rulz']Actually, i was and would be willing to work something out with you if you manage to get one extra[/QUOTE]

I'll check it out.

Does anyone know if they're like Best Buy w/ their inventory system in that if they have less than 3, it doesn't show in stock online?

got my copy of punch out...had to call, there was no card for it on shelf...said it was the last one...

8 bucks @ sam's now gonna turn it in to amazon for $22 credit! Thx OP!

Got the last Batman and Punchout in the Atlanta area. Missed out on Infamous.

Has anyone mentioned that Killzone 2 is 16.xx?

Ugh. I'm admittedly jealous that everyone is finding Batman and Punchout at these prices...

I'm going to have to go check again, though I'm 90% sure my Sam's won't have gotten any in... Has anyone had any luck getting the SKU numbers (or whatever they're called) and bringing them to customer service to see if they have any that aren't on the sales floor?

bread's done
Back