San Antonio CAG topic

sa towns huge man we got everythin. theres probably 6 game stores within 10 miles of me.. not to mention 4 starbucks within 5 miles

I'm enjoying all of the gamerushes and I have scored aton of deals at the lackland bx. This is a good vid game town.

[quote name='jlarlee']Heh dude i have the sixth post down on that thread lol. Lackland is great but Fort Sam Houston has been even better[/QUOTE]

Wow, I gotta get my b/f to get me there. I can only go on base with his parents. We got those games at Randolph.

[quote name='6669']Wow, I gotta get my b/f to get me there. I can only go on base with his parents. We got those games at Randolph.[/QUOTE]

oh yeah randolph is the smallest of the area bxs lackland is a bit smaller than fort sam which is the biggest BX I have ever seen

Hey guys I need a good sportsbar to watch my Pariots at any suggestions? As it stands now I am going to try the buffalo wild wings at the 151-410 juncture.

[quote name='jlarlee']buffalo wild was th eperfect place to watch a game[/quote] Yeah, I love Buffalo Wild Wings. I usually go to the one on DeZevala to watch my Texas Tech Red Raiders.

Is anybody going to be camping out to get their Wii? My friends and I will probably be camping out at the new Best Buy over by La Cantera.

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']Yeah, I love Buffalo Wild Wings. I usually go to the one on DeZevala to watch my Texas Tech Red Raiders.

Is anybody going to be camping out to get their Wii? My friends and I will probably be camping out at the new Best Buy over by La Cantera.[/QUOTE]

If my friend cant hook me up with a Wii then I will be camping out. I'll join you out there if that turns out to be the case.

[quote name='jlarlee']anybody use XM radio here. I am having a hard time finding a station frequency that doesn't get interupted by the local stations on the fm modulator[/QUOTE]
I have XM, and no problems using it here. I'm not using an FM modulator though. BTW, local channels here REALLY suck bad.

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']Is anybody going to be camping out to get their Wii? My friends and I will probably be camping out at the new Best Buy over by La Cantera.[/QUOTE]
I'm gonna try to score a Wii on base, so I wont have to pay taxes. Hopefully they'll be enough.

[quote name='y2jrevolution']You mean on Bandera.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, probably. I dont know that part of town too well.

[quote name='6669']I'm gonna try to score a Wii on base, so I wont have to pay taxes. Hopefully they'll be enough.[/QUOTE]
They almost never get systems on the right launch day just a pre warning you may have to wait a week or 2

[quote name='jlarlee']They almost never get systems on the right launch day just a pre warning you may have to wait a week or 2[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know, but it would be a Christmas present anyway, since we have no money, so waiting a week is not a big deal.

Just wondering if anybody here in San Antonio was going to get a PS3. I'm going to camp out this weekend at Toy's R Us in the Forum for a reservation if anyone wants to join. They are also taking Wii pre-orders btw.

[quote name='y2jrevolution']Just wondering if anybody here in San Antonio was going to get a PS3. I'm going to camp out this weekend at Toy's R Us in the Forum for a reservation if anyone wants to join. They are also taking Wii pre-orders btw.[/QUOTE]
You must be a very wealthy man.
But, no, I cant afford one, nor do I really need one.........................................................................................yet.

who's camping for PS3 and where? Also what time is a good time to start camping out? I'm wanna make a big cardboard sign that says "PS 3 line starts here" in case whatever store (probably a Best Buy) I go to doesn't have anything posted like that. I'd hate for two lines to somehow pop up and I get screwed out of my system.

Anyone know how systems different companies will be getting? I know Best Buy will be getting about 20 of the 60gb and 4-6 of the 20gb.

A couple of friends and I are probably going to the Forum on Saturday night, or Wal-Mart depending on what the midnight situation is. I know Wal-Mart's open at midnight for the Wii, what about Target, TRU, Best Buy, or if we wanted to travel a bit further, Circuit City? I haven't had a definitive answer on any of those (though we know a guy who works at BB, so that can be cleared up easily).

Damn, you guys must really want a PS3 pretty bad. Make sure you LMK which places you guys go to so I can drive by and laugh at you :lol:

After talking to the workers at the lackland bx I think they may break inadvertently break the street date for the WII it seems they are under the impression it releases the same day as the ps3

[quote name='jlarlee']After talking to the workers at the lackland bx I think they may break inadvertently break the street date for the WII it seems they are under the impression it releases the same day as the ps3[/QUOTE]
So they already have them? I wonder if all PXs have them now. Are they reserving them at all? PLEASE LMK. I can convince my b/f to convince his parents to go get one.

Hah, I saw on the news tonight that one Best Buy already had a shitload of campers, they said NW so I assume it's Ingram. fucking ridiculous, I'm glad I can wait until they work the kinks out and it's available for 10% off and no tax. I'm hoping the Wii will be like the DS, where it won't be readily available everywhere but it also won't be too hard to find if you drive around.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Hah, I saw on the news tonight that one Best Buy already had a shitload of campers, they said NW so I assume it's Ingram. fucking ridiculous, I'm glad I can wait until they work the kinks out and it's available for 10% off and no tax. I'm hoping the Wii will be like the DS, where it won't be readily available everywhere but it also won't be too hard to find if you drive around.[/QUOTE]

I sent you a friend request on XBL, It's cool to have a fellow San Antonio CAG.

[quote name='6669']So they already have them? I wonder if all PXs have them now. Are they reserving them at all? PLEASE LMK. I can convince my b/f to convince his parents to go get one.[/QUOTE]
I can guarantee they won't reserve them the bx doesn't do that. And really there is no telling when they will start selling them, I get a different answer everytime I ask. Also is there any good Wii setups at any local stores I want to get about 5 mins hands on before I buy one

[quote name='y2jrevolution']I sent you a friend request on XBL, It's cool to have a fellow San Antonio CAG.[/QUOTE]Cool, if you need help going through Gears on Insane, feel free to throw me an invite. I finished it up this week and a coop partner really helped.

[quote name='jlarlee']Also is there any good Wii setups at any local stores I want to get about 5 mins hands on before I buy one[/quote]Check your local EB/GS if you haven't already. Most all of them should have their Wii demo units in. I played Excite Truck (the only demo) yesterday, and it was pretty fun. I'll be hunting for a Wii come Sunday! :D

Friend who works at Best Buy at the Forum has informed me that they will (or already have) receive(d) 109 Wiis, and that they expect to not even run out.

[quote name='jlarlee']I can guarantee they won't reserve them the bx doesn't do that. And really there is no telling when they will start selling them, I get a different answer everytime I ask. Also is there any good Wii setups at any local stores I want to get about 5 mins hands on before I buy one[/QUOTE]
Yeah, just GS/EB's to my knowledge. Also, were you able to get a Wii early? My b/f's gonna find out if Randolph has them in yet tmrw. I'm assuming if Lackland got them, then Ft. Sam and Randolph probably did too.

[quote name='6669']Yeah, just GS/EB's to my knowledge. Also, were you able to get a Wii early? My b/f's gonna find out if Randolph has them in yet tmrw. I'm assuming if Lackland got them, then Ft. Sam and Randolph probably did too.[/QUOTE]

Nope no dice they wised up to the street date.

[quote name='jlarlee']Nope no dice they wised up to the street date.[/QUOTE]
Damn. I'm gonna see what info I can get from Randolph. Do you know how many they got in at Lackland?

[quote name='XorpheusX']Friend who works at Best Buy at the Forum has informed me that they will (or already have) receive(d) 109 Wiis, and that they expect to not even run out.[/quote]

A building with low self-esteem?

That'd be cool if they still have some.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']A building with low self-esteem?

That'd be cool if they still have some.[/quote]
I think by "run out" he meant "we're not expecting over 100 people to wait for hours on end outside the store on the 18th."

So by now they're probably all gone.

[quote name='XorpheusX']I think by "run out" he meant "we're not expecting over 100 people to wait for hours on end outside the store on the 18th."

So by now they're probably all gone.[/QUOTE]
BB at the forum did run out that morning, as did Target and TRU at the Forum.
The Lackland and Ft. Sam AAFES's had drawing to determine who gets a Wii. When the Randolph PX gets theirs, they'll do the same thing.

Anyone know of any independant game stores around SA? There was one tucked away in Schertz that I used to go to before I moved up to Austin a few years back, but it's gone now that I've come back to SA. D=

[quote name='NamErehWon']Anyone know of any independant game stores around SA? There was one tucked away in Schertz that I used to go to before I moved up to Austin a few years back, but it's gone now that I've come back to SA. D=[/QUOTE]
I cant think of any. There used to be one close to my house, but its gone now.

Hmm, I think I remember seeing a "Gamer's Edge" on Rector, behind North Star Mall(Basically go north on San Pedro, turn right on Rector right before the mall and it should be in a shopping center on your right before you hit the light). I was always curious but I figured it wasn't worth checking it out because I get better deals fucking over the chain stores because they're always anxious to get rid of stuff to clear shelf space.

How did you guys do today? I don't really have the money to invest into the really kickass Black Friday deals nor the inclination to camp out overnight for something I can't afford so I just ordered a $90 Canon all in one printer/scanner/copier for $20 at Best Buy with in-store pickup and went in after noon when they were all gone, as was much of the crowd. Great for me because I needed new ink carts anyways and it turned out way cheaper than that. Got in and out in 10 minutes. It was at the new SW Military BBY that they built over the closed TRU. I thought it would be too cramped but it feels way more spaced out than the Brooks store, so I'm happy.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Hah, I saw on the news tonight that one Best Buy already had a shitload of campers, they said NW so I assume it's Ingram. fucking ridiculous, I'm glad I can wait until they work the kinks out and it's available for 10% off and no tax. I'm hoping the Wii will be like the DS, where it won't be readily available everywhere but it also won't be too hard to find if you drive around.[/quote]
Hahaha! I went with my friends when they picked up their Wii at the GameSTOP in front of that Best Buy for the midnight release. We yelled "WIIIIIIIIII!" at the people over at Best Buy. One of the guys I know from SAC held his Wii aloft and did the Zelda item get fanfare.

And the reason I was interested in an independant store is because they usually have the older stuff I'm looking for. Right now I need a couple Saturn controllers to disect to make some homebrew Twinsticks for Virtual-On. And I need to get some stuff for some of my older consoles.

During today's shopping I did pick up a couple Dreamcast controllers for under ten bucks total at a Gamecrazy as well as a new PS2 network adapter for $11.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Hmm, I think I remember seeing a "Gamer's Edge" on Rector, behind North Star Mall(Basically go north on San Pedro, turn right on Rector right before the mall and it should be in a shopping center on your right before you hit the light). I was always curious but I figured it wasn't worth checking it out because I get better deals fucking over the chain stores because they're always anxious to get rid of stuff to clear shelf space.[/quote]
They've been closed for about a year now. Store wasn't much to write home about anyways. GameFellas in North Star was much better, but it too closed down about two years ago.

[quote name='Mojimbo']How did you guys do today?[/quote]
Picked these up at Circuit City:
--$2.99 after rebates - 1GB SD memory card (for when I finally get a Wii)
--$9.99 ar - Netgear wireless router (for my PSP and eventually Wii)

In all I saved about $166, but I had to wait in line almost 3 hours. At least I had my PSP to keep me company! :)

I've actually been thinking about that a lot recently, mostly because I'm getting tired of getting cut-off on the highway by no-blinker-using jackasses with Mexican plates but I feel guilty about calling them out.

I'm Mexican-American(as in, I was born in Mexico and immigrated into the US as a kid, got citizenship a few years ago) and I still have family over there so I have a lot of compassion for the plight of the Mexican people. It doesn't seem to me that the people who come with travel visas to blow their loads at Macy's are the ones I should give a fuck about though, they're usually the yuppies from the cities near the border who shit all over the people lower than them on the social hierarchy back home.

To be fair, the shopping centers in Mexico are usually more like flea markets stocked almost exclusively with cheap counterfeit shit and the real malls are even more expensive than here so I can understand wanting to save up to get a deal over here on quality stuff, this is CAG after all. Basically as long as they mind their manners I welcome them(even the yuppies), but if they fuck up they deserve whatever shit they get thrown at them.

Anyone trying Best Buy tomorrow morning for a Wii?

[quote name='Mojimbo']I've actually been thinking about that a lot recently, mostly because I'm getting tired of getting cut-off on the highway by no-blinker-using jackasses with Mexican plates but I feel guilty about calling them out.

I'm Mexican-American(as in, I was born in Mexico and immigrated into the US as a kid, got citizenship a few years ago) and I still have family over there so I have a lot of compassion for the plight of the Mexican people. It doesn't seem to me that the people who come with travel visas to blow their loads at Macy's are the ones I should give a fuck about though, they're usually the yuppies from the cities near the border who shit all over the people lower than them on the social hierarchy back home.

To be fair, the shopping centers in Mexico are usually more like flea markets stocked almost exclusively with cheap counterfeit shit and the real malls are even more expensive than here so I can understand wanting to save up to get a deal over here on quality stuff, this is CAG after all. Basically as long as they mind their manners I welcome them(even the yuppies), but if they fuck up they deserve whatever shit they get thrown at them.

Anyone trying Best Buy tomorrow morning for a Wii?[/QUOTE]
I know exactly what you mean about their driving.
Try shopping at North Star Mall when they are there in full force. They make huge messes, they stand right in front of you when you're looking at something, and they cut in line when checking out. My b/f was looking at a videogame once (the last one) and a Mexican kid grabbed it right out of his hands and ran off to give it to his dad. Luckily, my b/f doesn't speak very good Spanish, or he probably would have said something. I remember even after the mall closes, they stay in the stores and wont leave until over an hour after we closed.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Anyone trying Best Buy tomorrow morning for a Wii?[/quote]I am actually. I'll be at the one near North Star early tomorrow. I'm not sure what time they open though, probably 10, which means it's time for me to get my butt to bed!

crap crap crap I was going to use the 20% coupon to get a 360 but lackland ran out of them. Anybody been at Randolph or fort sam the last few days to see how their stock of 360s fared?

bread's done
Back