San Antonio CAG topic

Just got back looking for clearance stuff and ran into eight Wiis at the Target past SW Military and Zarzamora. They also had some Wii accesories on clearance, the bundle pack with a stand / remote glove / 512MB SD card was down from $50 to $12. On top of that they had DS Lites in Black / White / Pink too. I'm surprised they had any of it, I would've though they'd be gone by last night because of the circular.

I saw some Wiis yesterday too at the Super Target next to Crossroads Mall. Someone had just bought one, so there was about three or four left. They had the Wii accesories on clearance as well, though I didn't see any DS Lites.

I went there searching for games on clearance, but it seems like it's getting increasingly harder to find anything other than crappy PC games. Out of the three Targets I go to (the one next to Crossroads, the one near SW Military and Zarzamora, and the one near SE Military and Goliad), I haven't found any console or handheld games on clearance since about February. I don't know if they're sending them all to one location or what, but it's beginning not to be worth it to go check anymore.

Anybody here do any yardsailing? Reading this and following some of the deals found here have got me itching to go find some deals of my own. My main problem is I work Saturdays 12-8pm, but I do have Sundays off and Fridays I don't go in 'til 2pm. I've also occasionally found some deals at flea markets and pawn shops (just got ICO for $8).

So any bargain hunters here (retro or current-gen)? If so, what's your best or latest find?

if anyone is looking for some good video game deals, games like phoenix wright (1) for the ds and final fantasy XII collector's edition, all the gamestops on military dr. have alot of them. I was able to pick up PW for less than $20.

I picked up all the games I wanted from the Gamestop at the store in the Quarry. They still had every game by the time I went there (on Monday), and most of them (out of the ones I bought, anyway) weren't gutted.

I'm not a big fan of the Gamestops on Military anyway. A long while back (like probably about three years ago), I finally found a new copy of The Bouncer at one of them (I think it's one that has closed down since then), but the disc looked pretty bad for a supposedly new game (not anything major, but you can definitely tell it had been played before). I was just so happy to find it though that I didn't raise a fuss, though if it happened now I probably wouldn't have bought it.

That's not even the kicker, though. I was also going to buy a new copy of Z.O.E., but the copy they tried to give me didn't have the original case or instruction manual. I said 'I thought this was a new copy' and the guy was like 'it is', so then I asked how come it doesn't have the original box and manual and he said some kind of bullshit excuse like 'I can't help it if people steal the cases'. I said whatever, and obviously didn't buy it. Looking back at it now, I'm assuming they were trying to sell me a used copy of the game as new, just so they could sell it for more.

So now, the only Gamestop on Military that I go to is the one near Brooks, and sometimes I might go to the one at South Park Mall. But enough of my rant.

Now that I think about it, I've never even been to that one by Target/Lacks. Honestly though, I'm not on that side of town very often anyway (only when I need to go to a Target or Best Buy), which is why I forgot about that one.

The one I usually go to is the one on 410 and Rigsby. It's not the closest one to me, but it's the best one I go to, so it's worth the few extra miles it takes to get there. They usually always get their new games on time, they have knowlegeable employees, and if I ever do buy used games, they're always in the best condition.

Just got back in town nice to be back. Anybody in here play basketball? I got back in the habit when I was gone and am looking for an outdoor/indoor game with a good crowd of folks. The base gyms at Maryland had good runs every day which isn't the case at the bases here.

Hey guys I started a post for discussion and input for the fleamarkets here at SA. I also have plans to open a store at one and would like the input.

[quote name='Rockgamer']I'm not a big fan of the Gamestops on Military anyway. A long while back (like probably about three years ago), I finally found a new copy of The Bouncer at one of them (I think it's one that has closed down since then), but the disc looked pretty bad for a supposedly new game (not anything major, but you can definitely tell it had been played before). I was just so happy to find it though that I didn't raise a fuss, though if it happened now I probably wouldn't have bought it.

That's not even the kicker, though. I was also going to buy a new copy of Z.O.E., but the copy they tried to give me didn't have the original case or instruction manual. I said 'I thought this was a new copy' and the guy was like 'it is', so then I asked how come it doesn't have the original box and manual and he said some kind of bullshit excuse like 'I can't help it if people steal the cases'. I said whatever, and obviously didn't buy it. Looking back at it now, I'm assuming they were trying to sell me a used copy of the game as new, just so they could sell it for more.[/quote]

Yeah, I always thought their method of doing things was weird, too. My friend worked at the Gamestop on 78 & Crestway and it's store policy that they allow you to "rent" games from the store, as long as you don't play them on the job. My friend rented new games of which they had "run out of copies," but they'd keep one copy for the staff to play. They'd also allow employees to rent "new" games, open the boxes, play the games and return them three or four days later and still sell them off as "new" copies. If anyone asked, it was their last copy and they had to use the one set out for display.
I always found it ridiculous that they use it and still sell it off as new. Yes, it's probably still in NM+ condition seeing as how it was rented only by the employees, but it doesn't change the fact that it's used.
It's not just the one on Crestway though, from what I understand every GameStop does the same thing.

Not to city base, but gamestop by the ingram best buy. I wonder why they chose that one. I would have thought north star would have been the midnight store.

[quote name='zargathos']Yeah, I always thought their method of doing things was weird, too. My friend worked at the Gamestop on 78 & Crestway and it's store policy that they allow you to "rent" games from the store, as long as you don't play them on the job. My friend rented new games of which they had "run out of copies," but they'd keep one copy for the staff to play. They'd also allow employees to rent "new" games, open the boxes, play the games and return them three or four days later and still sell them off as "new" copies. If anyone asked, it was their last copy and they had to use the one set out for display.
I always found it ridiculous that they use it and still sell it off as new. Yes, it's probably still in NM+ condition seeing as how it was rented only by the employees, but it doesn't change the fact that it's used.
It's not just the one on Crestway though, from what I understand every GameStop does the same thing.[/quote]

Even though I know it's more than just that one, it sucks that you mention that one specifically since that's the one closest to where I live. Thank God I hardly go to Gamestop at all anymore, and on the off chance that I do it's almost never that one, despite how close it is to me.

I usually only go to GS nowadays just to preorder games or to get harder to find older games, so that means the game I want is gonna be sealed or is supposed to be used, leaving no argument in either case.

[quote name='Rockgamer']Even though I know it's more than just that one, it sucks that you mention that one specifically since that's the one closest to where I live. Thank God I hardly go to Gamestop at all anymore, and on the off chance that I do it's almost never that one, despite how close it is to me.

I usually only go to GS nowadays just to preorder games or to get harder to find older games, so that means the game I want is gonna be sealed or is supposed to be used, leaving no argument in either case.[/quote]
Yeah, that's the one closest to where I live as well, it's within walking distance. I generally don't buy games from GS unless they're used and more than just five bucks off. I do go there from time to time to socialize with the employees though. Quite frankly, that's the only GS I've been to where not one person that works there is a douchebag. So I like that GS, despite the fact that I'm not a big fan of the company.

yo, im new to CAG, just thought id say whats up and that im looking for genesis controllers, n64 controllers and gen games and n64 games for cheap and local :). I play mostly PC games so add me on xfire if your from SA :D. Twiztidjuggal0 is my xfire

Are any of you guys going out for Black Friday?
I'm dying to get that $199 computer from Bestbuy, but it's not looking doable right now :cry:
I'll probably just get a handful of games. There's not that much to choose from.

[quote name='Daisydog']Are any of you guys going out for Black Friday?
I'm dying to get that $199 computer from Bestbuy, but it's not looking doable right now :cry:
I'll probably just get a handful of games. There's not that much to choose from.[/QUOTE]
$199 computer, you say? I'm gonna look into that now, since my 7-year old PC just crapped out on me (I'm typing this on my PS3).

[quote name='Daisydog']Are any of you guys going out for Black Friday?
I'll probably just get a handful of games. There's not that much to choose from.[/QUOTE]

Probably will nab a few games from Circuit City

[quote name='iggywiggum']$199 computer, you say? I'm gonna look into that now, since my 7-year old PC just crapped out on me (I'm typing this on my PS3).[/quote] oohh, get me a ticket! :lol:

It's an emachine. Not spectacular, but better that my 5 year old computer.

Minimum 15 per store, and it's a doorbuster item, so they say you need to stand in line for at least 15 hours. Line up on Wednesday to be safe :roll: I just don't know how the lines are going to be.

I can remember when I bought my Wii from Bestbuy. Back in January they released an ad saying they were going to have the Wii. I looked online and saw that they opened at 11, so I went to the Best Buy on Military (the building that used to be a Toys R Us). I got there at 10 but there were already people in the store. After standing in line for 20 minutes they finally told everyone that they were sold out of Wiis and everyone left. My family and I just hopped in the car and drove to the Best Buy at Brooks, asked if they still had Wiis and they pointed us to an employee that was holding a bunch of tickets. He asked us, "How many?" and we just bought one and walked out :applause:

But everyone knows about Black Friday, so I'm not sure how many other people have been planning to stand in line. Probably more than I think, so there's pretty much no hope :lol:

I'm getting Cooking Mama for the DS ($9 but I have that Gamepro $5 off coupon)
If I can find a place that has the games available I'm going to try to price match Sonic Rush and Meteos Disney Magic. I know, girly, but that's all I found and they got decent reviews. It's that or a completely horrible Wii game. Chicken shoot, or red steel :bomb: I'm considering Sims Pets...

Circuit City is too far away so that's why I'm trying to pricematch, but the Gamestop black friday ad may change what I buy. I haven't been able to view that one yet. I'll probably grab a few games with the buy 2 get 1 free used game sale.

I'm not lining up for 15 hours for a $199 PC. I think my time is worth more than the savings for sitting there. I typically pass on most Black Friday madness. I just can't justify being up that early for any type of deal.

I went to the Bestbuy near South Park mall today. They added more games to their clearance bins, but the only real deals were Elite Beat Agents for $15 and Lost in Blue 2 for $9.99. They had plenty of Lost in Blue 2 and about three more copies of EBA. They had Wario Master of Disguise for $17, not that great. A few other DS titles were $17, like two RPGs, one had Mana in the title. The games for other systems were mostly Poker games. They do have a large display filled with loose DS and PS2 games, but hardly any of them had prices.

I wanted to scream becasue I just bought a used copy Elite Beat Agents on ebay yesterday for $15. I've gone twice before to check if it was on sale and they have always had it for $29.99 :bomb:

Oh, and they were out of the Rock band special edition for the 360 :lol: and they told us the Brook's Bestbuy was out of stock too.

I also went to the Walmart out on Austin Highway and asked for Rock Band special edition. They didn't have it for the 360 but they do have it for the PS3.

[quote name='Daisydog']Oh, and they were out of the Rock band special edition for the 360 :lol: and they told us the Brook's Bestbuy was out of stock too.[/quote]

The BB off of San Pedro (near North Star Mall) had a bunch of them in the middle of the store, at least ten or so. Unfortunately, I didn't check which system they were for (they were closer to the 360 games, though), but regardless, anyone looking for the game should at least call there.

Also, where did you get your used EBA from? If you got it from GS, just take it back and then go get a new copy from BB. I don't want to condone lying, but it's pretty easy to get your money back from there if you want to return a used game.

[quote name='Daisydog']I went to the Bestbuy near South Park mall today. They added more games to their clearance bins, but the only real deals were Elite Beat Agents for $15 and Lost in Blue 2 for $9.99. They had plenty of Lost in Blue 2 and about three more copies of EBA. They had Wario Master of Disguise for $17, not that great. A few other DS titles were $17, like two RPGs, one had Mana in the title. The games for other systems were mostly Poker games. They do have a large display filled with loose DS and PS2 games, but hardly any of them had prices.

I wanted to scream becasue I just bought a used copy Elite Beat Agents on ebay yesterday for $15. I've gone twice before to check if it was on sale and they have always had it for $29.99 :bomb:

Oh, and they were out of the Rock band special edition for the 360 :lol: and they told us the Brook's Bestbuy was out of stock too.

I also went to the Walmart out on Austin Highway and asked for Rock Band special edition. They didn't have it for the 360 but they do have it for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

I nabbed EBA for 12.96 at the Ingram Mall sears about a week ago

I live closer to the south side so it's difficult to just get up and drive to North Star Mall :lol:

Thanks for the tip though. My family and I will call around to a few places, but it's not deathly impotant that we have it by Christmas. Bestbuy had Rockband on black friday but my brother hadn't decided that he wanted it yet, and he didn't have the money for it either.

I bought EBA on ebay. They go from $13 on up to $25. It was $15 shipped so it comes out the same. It's used, but I'll still get the case and instruction booklet, so no worries.

Found Rock Band for the 360 at a Walmart south of San Antonio. They had about 10 left.

By the way, it goes on sale at Walmart this Sunday for $159.92. I might try to go back with the receipt and get it price adjusted. I'll look into that...

Yeah, I just got back from the BB across from South Park Mall and they had 4 copies of RB for the 360 and ~8 of the PS3 version.

[quote name='yesokyesok']Has anyone gone to the new Play N Trade by Bandera?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. I drive by it going to work everyday and I keep meaning to stop in and see what its like. I have a friend in Utah that is a Manager for a PNT though.

So did anyone else go to the grand opening of the new Circuit City (over by The Forum) yesterday? The wait sucked, but it was worth it for a free $50 gift card. Too bad there wasn't anything worth spending it on, though I was able to pick up one of those MGS4 pre-order bonuses for a penny (obviously not worth using the gift card on).

bread's done
Back