San Antonio CAG topic

[quote name='jlarlee']crap crap crap I was going to use the 20% coupon to get a 360 but lackland ran out of them. Anybody been at Randolph or fort sam the last few days to see how their stock of 360s fared?[/QUOTE]
My b/f went to Ft. Sam yesterday, but he said he didnt see them, or ask. He also said if you go today, they're supposed to have another coupon which will be good until Weds. I think we're going to either Ft. Sam or Randolph today, so I'll find out at whichever one we go to, and post here.
Neither of them have any PS3 or Wii games or accessories :whistle2:(

[quote name='CaptainCarnage']any luck on the wii at bestbuy?[/quote]Got it!

I showed up at 8:30, since the BB website (and phone recording) said they opened at 9am. Turns out it was really 10am, so I waited an extra hour. I was number 18 and when I picked mine up, they still had many left. I heard people saying each store got 50, and that looked about right to me (they've since sold out). The one letdown was that they had no controllers of any kind, so the hunt continues for a bit longer.

Well, I'm off to my brother's place to play some Monkey Ball and Wii Sports! :D

[quote name='iggywiggum']Got it!

I showed up at 8:30, since the BB website (and phone recording) said they opened at 9am. Turns out it was really 10am, so I waited an extra hour. I was number 18 and when I picked mine up, they still had many left. I heard people saying each store got 50, and that looked about right to me (they've since sold out). The one letdown was that they had no controllers of any kind, so the hunt continues for a bit longer.

Well, I'm off to my brother's place to play some Monkey Ball and Wii Sports! :D[/quote]

sweet, hopefully i can pick one up later this week. how was the game selection?

[quote name='6669']My b/f went to Ft. Sam yesterday, but he said he didnt see them, or ask. He also said if you go today, they're supposed to have another coupon which will be good until Weds. I think we're going to either Ft. Sam or Randolph today, so I'll find out at whichever one we go to, and post here.
Neither of them have any PS3 or Wii games or accessories :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

yea the coupon i got is good monday tuesday adn wednesday and is also good online. But they frickin only have bundles with too much extra crap online

[quote name='jlarlee']yea the coupon i got is good monday tuesday adn wednesday and is also good online. But they frickin only have bundles with too much extra crap online[/QUOTE]
At this rate, I dont think they're taking us today. Did you try calling them?
Which coupon do you have? The one I saw said today only.

[quote name='6669']At this rate, I dont think they're taking us today. Did you try calling them?
Which coupon do you have? The one I saw said today only.[/QUOTE]

On friday you got one for saturday on sat you get one for sunday and today you get one for monday tuesday and wednesday for 20% off. You get this for checking out you are given a 10% for the current day when you walk in the door

[quote name='CaptainCarnage']sweet, hopefully i can pick one up later this week. how was the game selection?[/quote]Well, I had already bought Zelda and SMB: BB earlier this week at CC, so I didn't look too hard. From what I saw they had a pretty decent selection. In my hunt over the last week, I've noticed that many places (Target, Wal-Mart, BB, CC, TRU) had a bunch of games, even Zelda, still in stock. One of the few I'm interested in that I haven't seen all over the place is Trauma Center, but if you check around a bit, you can find most any launch game fairly easy.

[quote name='CaptainCarnage']any luck on the wii at bestbuy?[/QUOTE]
*raises hand* Got one!!! I showed up at the Ingram BB around 8:00 Sunday morning, almost passed it up because there were about 35 people in line allready. Luckily I decided to stay and wait it out, turns out they had 51 in stock and I got #22. Now if Nintendo would only hurry up and ship my component cables, I refuse to play Zelda over composite.

)-(

[quote name='jlarlee']On friday you got one for saturday on sat you get one for sunday and today you get one for monday tuesday and wednesday for 20% off. You get this for checking out you are given a 10% for the current day when you walk in the door[/QUOTE]
Well, my b/f went to Ft. Sam today, and they had Xbox360s left. Also, they have Wiimotes and Nunchucks, so get them while you can.

Anyone camp out for a Wii last night? The plan was to wake up at 4AM and head out but it was kinda cold(I left the window open) and I wanted the sleep more so I decided to fuck it for now. I guess that was okay since I was expecting numbers from the leaked memo to hold up(40 Wiis/Best Buy) but apparently that was BS.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Anyone camp out for a Wii last night? The plan was to wake up at 4AM and head out but it was kinda cold(I left the window open) and I wanted the sleep more so I decided to fuck it for now. I guess that was okay since I was expecting numbers from the leaked memo to hold up(40 Wiis/Best Buy) but apparently that was BS.[/quote]

my brother's friend went on sunday and got two wiis. he BINed one on ebay for $500 it basically paid for the other one haha.

The BB at the Forum has a shitload of PS3's right now. They had a pallet of them just sitting in the middle of the aisle, and nobody was buying them.

6669 I dunno if you pc game at all but the Randolph BX just started a huge 25% clearance rack right as you walk in the door.

[quote name='jlarlee']6669 I dunno if you pc game at all but the Randolph BX just started a huge 25% clearance rack right as you walk in the door.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, my bf mentioned that. There were even more back in the electronics section. We're not big PC gamers though :whistle2:(

Oh god where is the Wii I cannot find anything Wii-related

Right now it's so unpredictable I'd be best off waiting until summer, when they'll definitely be supplied more than demanded.

I've seen them mostly at Toys R Us. They were getting them between 11 and 1 in the afternoon. The one in the Forum (I35 & 1604) usually has wiimotes and nunchuks.

I've been seeing more controllers (finally) at different places. It's mostly been remotes and classic controllers, with the occasional nunchuck. This is mainly at Wal-Mart, but check Circuit City and Best Buy as well.

Haven't seen any systems for those looking.

The Cowboy Breakfast is this Friday at Crossroads Mall. Free breakfast for those who show up. I'm gonna be there. Then again, that's because my culinary class got drafted into being there are 2AM to help out. Haha....

Does anyone know when BB's will be getting anymore Wii Points cards around here? Every BB is sold out, and has been forever now. I really wanna use a GGC and get one :whistle2:(

[quote name='iggywiggum']I've been seeing more controllers (finally) at different places. It's mostly been remotes and classic controllers, with the occasional nunchuck. This is mainly at Wal-Mart, but check Circuit City and Best Buy as well.

Haven't seen any systems for those looking.[/QUOTE]
TRU at the Forum has nunchucks as of today, but no Wiimotes.
[quote name='NamErehWon']The Cowboy Breakfast is this Friday at Crossroads Mall. Free breakfast for those who show up. I'm gonna be there. Then again, that's because my culinary class got drafted into being there are 2AM to help out. Haha....[/QUOTE]
Damn, dont you have to be there at like 5 am though? I dont think I could bare the cold weather, and wake up that early.

Wii Points, Wiimotes...

...I don't even have a Wii yet.

However, in true CAG fashion, last week I went to Best Buy at the Forum with the CC ad and purchased Red Steel and Rayman - total of $64.93 - minus $20 thanks to the gift card I received for my birthday from a friend - $44.93. And I have Far Cry on the way from the Dojo of Pain site.

Yeah, my Wii library is probably bigger than that of most people that actually have a Wii.

So, uh, anybody have some inside information on the whereabouts of the Wii in Guadalupe county? I'm finally getting impatient. Tomorrow I'm going to try to get the assistance of a BB employee that I know (don't know why I didn't do this sooner).

[quote name='XorpheusX']Wii Points, Wiimotes...

...I don't even have a Wii yet.

However, in true CAG fashion, last week I went to Best Buy at the Forum with the CC ad and purchased Red Steel and Rayman - total of $64.93 - minus $20 thanks to the gift card I received for my birthday from a friend - $44.93. And I have Far Cry on the way from the Dojo of Pain site.

Yeah, my Wii library is probably bigger than that of most people that actually have a Wii.

So, uh, anybody have some inside information on the whereabouts of the Wii in Guadalupe county? I'm finally getting impatient. Tomorrow I'm going to try to get the assistance of a BB employee that I know (don't know why I didn't do this sooner).[/QUOTE]
No idea. Didnt like CC and some other place have them in their Sunday ads? You could always try calling them and see if they have any left, but dont hold your breath :(

[quote name='6669']No idea. Didnt like CC and some other place have them in their Sunday ads? You could always try calling them and see if they have any left, but dont hold your breath :([/quote]
Oh, I went to Circuit City on Sunday. Ten minutes after they opened.

By then they were already done.

Not sure how accurate it is but here's the in-store pickup link for the Wii Points cards, it shows them in-stock at all the local stores, I think.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...8054428&productId=1153337017735&itemId=959493

I'm pretty sure I saw some in-stock at both Best Buys I hit on Sunday(South Park / Brooks) when I picked up my Wii but I can't say for sure. They basically had all the accessories out when the store opened including Remotes and Nunchucks but they were selling out pretty fast. I left as soon as I got my ticket and by the time I came back to pick it up(30 minutes after opening) all the Remotes were gone. I got lucky and was able to grab the last one at the South Park store though.

Speaking of Wii, I've been pleasantly surprised by the stock of Wii games at Hollywood Video around where I live. They have pretty much all the games up until Wario with multiple copies on most and usually at least 1 available. I was able to pick up a sheet for 12 coupons for free game/movie rentals on ebay for a little over $12 so it comes out to $1 Wii (or 360 or even PS3) rentals. It's really nice for stuff like CoD 3 or Red Steel which don't call for a purchase for me but I'm interested enough in them to throw one of my coupons on them.

I check backed today and couldn't find shit aside from a couple of classic controllers so that link is probably buggy. They didn't even have the price tags or pegs for nunchucks or Wii points cards.[quote name='Mojimbo']Not sure how accurate it is but here's the in-store pickup link for the Wii Points cards, it shows them in-stock at all the local stores, I think.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...8054428&productId=1153337017735&itemId=959493

I'm pretty sure I saw some in-stock at both Best Buys I hit on Sunday(South Park / Brooks) when I picked up my Wii but I can't say for sure. They basically had all the accessories out when the store opened including Remotes and Nunchucks but they were selling out pretty fast.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mojimbo']I check backed today and couldn't find shit aside from a couple of classic controllers so that link is probably buggy. They didn't even have the price tags or pegs for nunchucks or Wii points cards.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, we checked the 2 BBs on the southside, but no Wii Points there. We even had them check the system, and they were all out. They said one store had some, but when we got there, they said it was an error in their system.

http://www.ksat.com/news/10873696/detail.htmlhttp://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=20f361af-6765-4623-b387-1ab30144f583

Terrible. This morning at the EB on Rector (behind North Star Mall) 25 year-old Amber Belken was killed before she could open the store at 10am. Both doors were locked, so she wasn't found until 2pm. There were no security cameras present, and the killer is still at large.

This has me pretty freaked out. I work just down the road at a comic/game shop, and frequently stop by that store after I get off work. The girl wasn't a friend of mine, but she was a nice person and deserved better. I really hope they catch the person responsible.

Also, if you happened to be in that area between 9-10am, police are looking for any information that might help lead to an arrest. Call (210) 207-7635 if you think you can help.

[quote name='iggywiggum']http://www.ksat.com/news/10873696/detail.htmlhttp://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=20f361af-6765-4623-b387-1ab30144f583

Terrible. This morning at the EB on Rector (behind North Star Mall) 25 year-old Amber Belken was killed before she could open the store at 10am. Both doors were locked, so she wasn't found until 2pm. There were no security cameras present, and the killer is still at large.

This has me pretty freaked out. I work just down the road at a comic/game shop, and frequently stop by that store after I get off work. The girl wasn't a friend of mine, but she was a nice person and deserved better. I really hope they catch the person responsible.

Also, if you happened to be in that area between 9-10am, police are looking for any information that might help lead to an arrest. Call (210) 207-7635 if you think you can help.[/QUOTE]
OMG. What store was it?

[quote name='iggywiggum']http://www.ksat.com/news/10873696/detail.html

Also, if you happened to be in that area between 9-10am, police are looking for any information that might help lead to an arrest. Call (210) 207-7635 if you think you can help.[/quote]

yeah, i go to that location all the time, and every time there is this pretty girl working the register. i wonder if it was her. poor girl.

i hope they find that son of a bitch.

Oh, it was that EB. My bf was just there last week. Thats really sad. Who would rob any store right when they open?

"Police believe the slaying occurred during a robbery, despite no obvious signs of a break-in. Sgt. Edward Wise confirmed that the front door was locked and that the store never opened this morning."

man, i don't even get that.

Probably the first "customer" came in, shot her, grabbed the keys and locked the door.

Man, I really don't want to open on Wednesday. I'll have the heebee-geebees.

[quote name='reibeatall']Probably the first "customer" came in, shot her, grabbed the keys and locked the door.

Man, I really don't want to open on Wednesday. I'll have the heebee-geebees.[/QUOTE]
Its in a busy part of town though, with plenty of other stores around it that were open at that time. Thats scary, cuz there's 1 GS in the city on the southside, thats always open late all by itself (after like 5 pm), and I know a girl works at that one, too.

Jeez, then I'm not sure. That's really... gah, that's just really messed up.

It's times like this when I get confused by people. Why would somebody do that? Money? The most he could have gotten was $500. MAYBE a grand.

But is a thousand dollars really worth taking somebody's life? No way. Not at all. I'm going to follow this story, because I want to know what kind of sick bastard would do that.

yeah, i'm definitely following this story too.
if someone wants to just rob a place then whatever, just take the money, but to kill an innocent girl in the process....c'mon.

Picture:

10880622_320X240.jpg

Apparently there was a burglary around Christmas and an attempted break-in two weeks ago.

http://www.ksat.com/news/10880593/detail.html

Really sad although I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

This is weird...

"On Monday, police found Amber Belken's body in a back room of the store. She was found with a bag over her head and a cut to her index finger on her right hand, police said."

A cut to her index finger? What the hell?

Apparently EB is closing the store on San Pedro forever. I always found it odd that there were 3 of them in the immediate vicinity.

BTW, if anyone was waiting for Wii nunchucks at Best Buy so you could use the GGC, check out the Ingram location, they had 10+ of them and a couple of classic controllers. It's probably chain wide since I saw a ton of them at the South Park store last week.

Anyone know where to get cheap spurs tix? I want to see the March 17 game vs. the Celtics and since they suck I was thinking I could find some cheap as hell tickets

Anybody have experience with South by Southwest. I have media passes for the shows next Friday and was wondering if ther eis anything I need to keep in mind

Woah, congratulations. I'd love to go but the passes are too expensive for me right now, which isn't to say they're not a good deal though. You'd probably have more luck in the Austin thread.

bread's done
Back