Shin Megami Tensai: Devil Summoner 1 $39.99 +s/h on Amazon.

I had bought one and forgot to mention, but I just check and only 4 left now. CRUCIAL

edit: 1 left

Last edited by a moderator:
All out. The last one from Play Canada sold out while I was checking out, that sucks. Hopefully the rumor above about a reprint is true (and make it both Devil Summoners, they're the only ones I dont have).

Still have mine sealed in the big box with the plushie it came with for a preorder. Guess that's worth something now? Time flies...

[quote name='midloo']Still have mine sealed in the big box with the plushie it came with for a preorder. Guess that's worth something now? Time flies...[/QUOTE]

That was the second game not the first one

I too have that still sealed

[quote name='honks69']That was the second game not the first one

I too have that still sealed[/QUOTE]

Oh... thanks for the correction. Must just have this one sealed in the original case somewhere as well. I always heard it was good. Might be time to finally break it out :)

[quote name='honks69']That was the second game not the first one

I too have that still sealed[/QUOTE]

Yep, same here - I never played either of those games even tho I've owned them both for years.

Holy shit!! Why the fuck do all of these deals go live when it's 2 AM here?!

I wonder if this has been reprinted.

EDIT* So it's likely been reprinted. No way a piece of shit retailer like PlayCanada will sell something rare below market (given how they sold the Ni No Kuni WEs for as much as $500) unless it was a reprint. Also, I believe they are the same ones who broke the street dates on other SMT reprints.

[quote name='psihog']JR has pre-order page @ $29.99.

http://www.jr.com/atlus/pe/ATL_53019[/QUOTE]

?

So the one from the link could just be an early re-print leak? That one from jr.com is cheaper..

Thinking about canceling my order if I still can, wtf

edit: cant cancel, so put in a return request

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought both games for $30 a piece at my local game shop a few days and I thought I was getting an incredible deal. At least I got them for about what they're now going to be worth.
Anyway, the game is absolutely incredible, easily worth $30. By far, my favorite SMT game thus far.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']?

So the one from the link could just be an early re-print leak? That one from jr.com is cheaper..

Thinking about canceling my order if I still can, wtf[/QUOTE]

The 'reprint' rumor is apparently true, it falls in line with what other users have posted (websites with pre-orders up). Strange that Atlus didn't make this public.

I figured I'd kill the two birds with one stone and asked PlayCanada straight up if it was a reprint or if they had old stock laying around.

Here's what PlayCanada responded:

------------- Begin message -------------

Hi,

Yes, Atlus is doing a reprint for this game to celebrate their new game for the 3DS Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers.

We will be receiving a shipment of the PS2 game by the end of February, and no both versions are identical. The disc will be made new but Atlus has not changed any art on it.

Hope this answers the question!

Please feel free to place your order now to reserve your copy!

Thanks,
PlayCanada

--- Original message ---

Order ID 109-########
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner

------------- Begin message -------------

Hi, I just wanted to know if this is a reprint of the game or the actual 2006 release? I'm curious to know if there is any differences between the two.

Thanks in advance!

Wait... I just remembered playcanada... Didn't they have like 100 Wizard Edition's? I'm pretty sure they are a professional flipper buisness. considering it's now x2 what JR is selling em for.

[quote name='Hemi']Wait... I just remembered playcanada... Didn't they have like 100 Wizard Edition's? I'm pretty sure they are a professional flipper buisness. considering it's now x2 what JR is selling em for.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's them. Which is why earlier I posted about how I found it odd that they were selling these games for cheaper than they usually go for. Figured PlayCanada wanted to play nice after the big flip they made with NNK. I should've known that was too good to be true lol. Another score for PlayCanada!

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Thanks for that info, I should of waited but oh well. Least I know about how PlayCanada is now[/QUOTE]

It doesn't hurt to ask if he'll cancel. Do you still have the "Request Cancellation" button available? I think I might just shoot him another message and see if he'll cancel it lol. I noticed awhile ago a few more came back in stock but at the $59.99 price.

If he won't cancel well paying $10 extra more won't kill me, but man, PlayCanada are a sneaky bunch. :applause:

Hm, I knew I should have waited. If MSRP really is $30 then I'll just return this copy when I get it and buy another unless the reprint is going to be really limited as well.

[quote name='eXiON']Yup, that's them.

Me: 0
PlayCanada: 2

It doesn't hurt to ask if he'll cancel. Do you still have the "Request Cancellation" button available? I think I might just shoot him another message and see if he'll cancel it lol. I noticed awhile ago a few more came back in stock but at the $59.99 price.

If he won't cancel well paying $10 extra more won't kill me, but man, PlayCanada are a sneaky bunch. :applause:[/QUOTE]

I checked it and I only had "return request"

I put in the site with the lower price and put the price as well, so we'll see what happens. But yea, they got me...even tho im fine with the price I paid, id always love a cheaper one.

Maybe I can flip it on craigslist real fast without opening it before the masses find out about the reprints. I wont be dealing with PlayCanada anymore though, im the only one allowed to flip games!

To be fair, didn't Persona 2 reprints sell out on the same day? From what I've gathered maybe they made about 1-1.5k copies of Raidou 1 so I'm sure they'll be gone pretty fast. Afterall someone bought 100 copies, lol.

[quote name='bonkers1978']If you look at the sold, someone bought 100 copies. Nice to be rich.[/QUOTE]

That's 3K man. Good investment could flip for double (Which is what I'm sure they did)

[quote name='Jack_Frost']There were reprints of Persona 2?[/QUOTE]

Yep,

8489435481_57fcb8a800_b.jpg

Was exclusive to Amazon and sold for $40. It sold out that very same day.

[quote name='eXiON']Yep,
*image snip*
Was exclusive to Amazon and sold for $40 and sold out that very same day.[/QUOTE]
Oh man, i remember being so damn excited at getting in on that reprint. Was just looking over the game disc last night, strangely enough!

Glad to hear of the reprint news. Definitely hoping to get in on that, as both Raidou titles are the only PS2 SMTs i'm missing.

Dang, wish I had saw that before. Atleast I have it on ps3 now, but I rather have physical copies. Need to start hitting up some pawn shops and stuff haha, still need to complete my .hack collection

Should I do a pre-order for JR or wait until some other retailer has it for the same price of even less?(hoping for Amazon here..)

[quote name='ippo']The reprint copies will not have a slot for the memory cards like the originals ones have.[/QUOTE]

Easy just put the reprint copy in a old ps2 case with that.

[quote name='eXiON']Yep,

8489435481_57fcb8a800_b.jpg

Was exclusive to Amazon and sold for $40. It sold out that very same day.[/QUOTE]

That's actually the secondary stock of the reprints. GamesQuestDirect was the one responsible for the original reprinting of Persona 2 and Rhapsody, where they claimed they found a large inventory of the games in a warehouse. Of course, their story started to fall apart when people received copies without the white security strip (though they were still y-folded). GQD was thereafter known as having some pretty shady marketing for a while (though that's long been forgotten) but they were otherwise a perfectly good retailer.

[quote name='redmangoose']Should I do a pre-order for JR or wait until some other retailer has it for the same price of even less?(hoping for Amazon here..)[/QUOTE]

I would wait. I'm guessing it won't be long before Atlus floods Amazon with these and they end up being $20 (like Nocturne and the DDS games). Even if they don't, eBay prices are going to tank.

[quote name='ippo']The reprint copies will not have a slot for the memory cards like the originals ones have.[/QUOTE]

No one in their right mind should give a shit about that.

[quote name='Rozz']No one in their right mind should give a shit about that.[/QUOTE]

I am more worried about the holo cover, but I am kind of an anal collector. I will probably wait until the price of the game drops and just buy the original print.

The price of the original probably won't drop. You can be anal, but also think logically. You'd essentially be paying double for a memory card slot that you could swap out with another case anyway.

Im just hoping that a reprint does happen. Was lucky enough to get DS2 at Gamestop a year after it came out (With Plushie included), and would like to get the other game for a matching set.

...man kinda bummed that MSRP is going to be 30 and I paid 40 for this...as far as returns go...Ive never bought from PlayCanada before...Im assuming I would have to pay return shipping? thus it may not even be worth it to return it anymore?

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']...man kinda bummed that MSRP is going to be 30 and I paid 40 for this...as far as returns go...Ive never bought from PlayCanada before...Im assuming I would have to pay return shipping? thus it may not even be worth it to return it anymore?[/QUOTE]

Probably and this is kinda how I feel. But then the non CAG part of me is just really stoked to get this game for under $80. Lets hope for a DS2 reprint.

So I guess this falls into one of two categories:

1. If it's too good to be true it probably is
2. Just Play Canada being Play Canada

[quote name='YellowGameboyColor']Hahahaha to the guy who bought 100. Also, is jr.com legit?[/QUOTE]

J&R Music and Computer World is a popular electronics store near City Hall right here in New York City. They're legit, but they overprice goods almost as bad as Best Buy does. Don't see how their web store can't be legit, though.

Hope they reprint the second game too would make my year. Been debating about paying the prices on ebay for quite some time.

bread's done
Back