Shin Megami Tensai: Devil Summoner 1 $39.99 +s/h on Amazon.

I just emailed play canada and asked them to cancel my order, and they did so even though the order said "shipped" it wasn't really... so there's prob still time if anyone else wants to cancel and order it from jr.com or somewhere else cheaper.

[quote name='DavidC.Novak']i orig buyed this game in 06.imo its worst shin megami ps2 game.buy persona 3 4 or noctorne instead all beter and all cheeper.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DavidC.Novak']also guy the 2nd devil sommoner game is betr imo its also cheeper[/QUOTE]

Well. Yes these play differently from the traditional SMT games. I did get quite tired with the first game after like 15 hours but its still got a good story imo. Second game is better though they improved it nicely. Shouldn't go into these games expecting Persona or traditional SMT gameplay.

keep in mine u need an amazon ca acount ur amazon us acount pass dont work 4 amazon canada trust me i try otherwise it good deal but it take long time 2 ship.

[quote name='Meelahd']I am more worried about the holo cover, but I am kind of an anal collector. I will probably wait until the price of the game drops and just buy the original print.[/QUOTE]

Wait, has it been confirmed that the reprint will have a non-holo cover? I guess it would probably be really expensive to press a holofoil case insert these days as PS2 game production is dwindling.

[quote name='DavidC.Novak']keep in mine u need an amazon ca acount ur amazon us acount pass dont work 4 amazon canada trust me i try otherwise it good deal but it take long time 2 ship.[/QUOTE]

Amazon accounts are universal. Your US log in will work on all Amazon sites. All of your addresses and payment methods are carried over, just not your orders (ie, US orders only show up in your US account). I'm logged into Amazon.ca right now using my US account.

[quote name='Waru']Well. Yes these play differently from the traditional SMT games. I did get quite tired with the first game after like 15 hours but its still got a good story imo. Second game is better though they improved it nicely. Shouldn't go into these games expecting Persona or traditional SMT gameplay.[/QUOTE]

no need 2 b flagitious towerd me i was not be mean 2 u it is just my opion if u dont like it dont make fun of me u hurt my feeling

Aren't are the same guys who bought 100+ of Nin Kuni CE and sold em for $500+, I'm not supporting these guys.

[quote name='DS9']Aren't are the same guys who bought 100+ of Nin Kuni CE and sold em for $500+, I'm not supporting these guys.[/QUOTE]

Yep, the very same. What I also dislike about them is the more they sell, the higher they raise the price. They did the same with NNK.

Luckily I was able to cancel my order, lol. I put in a request like 10 minutes after I ordered mine... right after all this evidence of a reprint came up.

Those who are cancelling, where do you plan to get this from?
It almost looks like PlayCanada is the only seller who actually got their hands upon reprint
Maybe they ordered all 1000-1200 copies that were reprinted!!

One thing that cracks me up about Amazon is there are always 2 or 3 sellers that list hard to find games WAAAAY above the normal value.

Game X has sellers selling it for $75, $80, $82, $88 and then you scroll to the bottom and there will be 2-3 sellers listing it for like $200, $250, $300.

They never sell. Ever. Just lower your damn price to near market value. I understand trying to make a profit, but it would be like me listing my Hyrule Historia LE on ebay for $900 and listing it over and over and over with it never selling. Eventually you need to get the message that you are being a greedy bastard, and just give up already on trying to pull a fast one over on some gullible buyer.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']One thing that cracks me up about Amazon is there are always 2 or 3 sellers that list hard to find games WAAAAY above the normal value.

Game X has sellers selling it for $75, $80, $82, $88 and then you scroll to the bottom and there will be 2-3 sellers listing it for like $200, $250, $300.

They never sell. Ever. Just lower your damn price to near market value. I understand trying to make a profit, but it would be like me listing my Hyrule Historia LE on ebay for $900 and listing it over and over and over with it never selling. Eventually you need to get the message that you are being a greedy bastard, and just give up already on trying to pull a fast one over on some gullible buyer.[/QUOTE]

Some sellers are drop shippers that don't actually have the products in stock; they wait for someone to buy at a higher price and if they do, they just buy from another seller and ship it to the buyer.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']One thing that cracks me up about Amazon is there are always 2 or 3 sellers that list hard to find games WAAAAY above the normal value.

They never sell. Ever. Just lower your damn price to near market value. I understand trying to make a profit, but it would be like me listing my Hyrule Historia LE on ebay for $900 and listing it over and over and over with it never selling. Eventually you need to get the message that you are being a greedy bastard, and just give up already on trying to pull a fast one over on some gullible buyer.[/QUOTE]

You know what those people do right? The ones that are $200-300 just buy the ones that are $75 and ship it to the new buyer the instant they receive it...that or they have an auto pricing algorithm...either way I agree it is dumb.

Why aren't there any SMT HD collections? Seriously, all of the PS2-era SMT games are ripe for HD-ification: they are rare, they are good games, and they would actually look good in HD.

Cool. Can't wait.

I hope it goes up on Amazon. I've wanted to play it since I played the 2nd game even though I've heard the first one isn't as good.

[quote name='DS9']Aren't are the same guys who bought 100+ of Nin Kuni CE and sold em for $500+, I'm not supporting these guys.[/QUOTE]

Yep, nobody should buy from them on principle. I don't care what the deal is.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dilemna']Yep, nobody should buy from them on principle. I don't care what the deal is.[/QUOTE]

I don't really have a problem with that. They bought them back when there was no limit apparently. It was a good business move for them, helped the kickstarter like thing they did too. They weren't keeping copies away from anyone if they truly did order back then.

[quote name='dilemna']Yep, nobody should buy from them on principle. I don't care what the deal is.[/QUOTE]

They ordered when no one know it is going to be rare. If it flopped they would sit on a lot of stock. They took a gamble on it.

[quote name='AugustAPC']So what's this deal about a holographic/lenticular cover? Does the original have it or the new print or both?[/QUOTE]

The original had a shiny foil cover. The only lenticular PS2 cover that I know of is the Best Buy version of Xenosaga 3.

[quote name='62t']They ordered when no one know it is going to be rare. If it flopped they would sit on a lot of stock. They took a gamble on it.[/QUOTE]

+1

I still remember seeing PC's auction last year when the campaign ended(sept?). There's no way that PC couldve anticipated how much these would go for. You can blame bamco for not imposing a limit when the pre orders opened up.

[quote name='Bandersnatch84']The original had a shiny foil cover. [/QUOTE]

So this new print has no bling or does that remain to be seen?

[quote name='dafoomie']You think we'll definitely see this at $29.99 or should we jump on the $33.47 + $3.89?[/QUOTE]

J & R has it up. I'd post the link but I guess I'm too noob to be allowed. They are a legit store around NYC, so I think it would probably be safe to pre-order from them.

[quote name='AugustAPC']So this new print has no bling or does that remain to be seen?[/QUOTE]

I don't think we know yet. Details seem to be pretty sparse so far.

[quote name='sabanoo']I don't think we know yet. Details seem to be pretty sparse so far.[/QUOTE]

Well, according to this post, where a CAG asked them, they said the copies would be identical. So I'm guessing it's the foil cover and all. The post would also suggests that this reprint is universal so Amazon will probably get it.

[quote name='Vinny']Well, according to this post, where a CAG asked them, they said the copies would be identical. So I'm guessing it's the foil cover and all.[/QUOTE]

Lol I was about just to quote that. Thanks Vinny!

If what PC is true, identical would mean that the cover will by shiny and whatnot on this reprint as well. Unfortunately I won't be able to say if thats the case since I canceled my order a little bit after he replied to that.

Since Atlus never officially stated they would be making reprints, we also have no idea who will be carrying this game. One thing seems apparent though, several of the stores that will supposedly get the game have it set for Feb 19th as the date of release, and PC told me they would be receiving a shipment at the end of February, close enough.

Probably why we saw several more pop back up for 59.39, and then down to 49.39. PlayCanada had some more available over at Amazon.ca but seems like he sold out on there too. These guys sure know how to do business lol.

[quote name='Vinny']Well, according to this post, where a CAG asked them, they said the copies would be identical. So I'm guessing it's the foil cover and all. The post would also suggests that this reprint is universal so Amazon will probably get it.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm not sure I trust PC but I guess we can hope for now. They do seem to like making up stuff if it makes them seem better (like when they said they had worked closely with Namco to special order their Ni No Kuni WEs).

I wasn't aware there was going to be a reprint in regards to this game. I thought it was a little odd they would have so many at such a good price, but it looked like they were moving stock.

I actually picked my copy up at Fry's for like $10 back in the day. IMO, it it is the worst PS2 SMT game. I got about 5 hrs into the game before I got bored with it. I really regret opening up the game and have yet open the 2nd one up.

[quote name='ColdAssFashion']J & R has it up. I'd post the link but I guess I'm too noob to be allowed. They are a legit store around NYC, so I think it would probably be safe to pre-order from them.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they've been around a long time, and they've got free shipping today too.

http://www.jr.com/atlus/pe/ATL_53019/

Noticed two more listing on ebay for this game for less than playcanada both have more than 10.

A&M Video Games($36.91 w/shipping) and Beach Audio($31.45 w/shipping)

Really hoping Amazon gets some of these reprints.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Yea... that's a stretch.[/QUOTE]

you think so? like a limited reprint? i see this going the same as nocture and p4, didn't amazon have those for over $20 for a while, but then they had that sale (more of a price drop) and they've been $20 since.

So, I had made a pre-order (for 29.99) with J&R and I never got an invoice, and the hold was still in my bank account. I called to check on it and was told they don't even know the date of the release. I was going to cancel the order, until I found out they were getting 24 copies. All together. According to her I'm actually in the line, so I'm keeping it. J&R isn't Best Buy, but it's pretty big and comparable in NYC. So that number kinda shocked me. I don't know if Atlus released a number for how many they were printing, but my guess is it will be pretty limited.

[quote name='raiden_86']i think i'll wait on the eventual $20 FSSS from amazon[/QUOTE]

If you want the game I wouldn't wait on it. Resellers are going to hoard as much as they can so I would not expect to see any deep drop.

IMO I would wait a bit maybe because so many places are getting this re-print.
Shin megami tensei Nocturne, digital devil saga 1, and 2 were $40 when they had reprints. Now they can be had on amazon for $20 or less.

If you're really afraid of this selling out. I say go ahead and buy it. You'll just be down ten bucks if it doesn't sellout and gets cheaper down the road. But you'll have peace of mind knowing you have the game.

bread's done
Back