Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne $44.99 at Play-Asia

[quote name='superdry']Damnit...The $70 copy I bought on amazon should be on its way to my house now (bought it on friday night thinking that it was a once in a lifetime deal finding a copy of that game sealed below $100). That, and I bought a pretty decent used copy sans soundtrack from GS last month for their asking price of $60 considering it was still hard to find at a good price last month.

Hmm...what to do. Return the copy I bought and order from P-A and wait for it in the mail or wait for amazon to possibly stock copies of the reprint. Or, just suck it up consdering I'll have the game new and recoup some of my losses selling my used copy on ebay.

This reprint definitely came out of left field...who would've known....[/quote]

I bought a copy from that amazon seller on Friday too. I thought it wasn't possible to return something if you buy it from the marketplace though. I just asked the seller for a refund. Hopefully, I can get my money back.

Tagged. I keep hearing a lot of people on CAG talk about this game and I want to check it out once I save up more money and play through more of my backlog.

is there a way to check how many of these play asia has in stock?

since it seems like its the only store carrying them right now, i wouldnt wanna miss out on this and have to pay $80+ for a used copy later on :(

I'd regeret spending a bunch of time and energy tracking down a used copy for $50ish after coupon at a GameStop now, but it has the soundtrack at least.

I just saw this on PA and was going to post it -- good thing I searched first, I wouldn't want to get flamed. ;)

[quote name='jeremywoods']is there a way to check how many of these play asia has in stock?

since it seems like its the only store carrying them right now, i wouldnt wanna miss out on this and have to pay $80+ for a used copy later on :([/QUOTE]

From what I'm seeing, there appears to be plenty available and most people are aware that it's been reprinted. At worse, you'll end up buying it from Ebay but the value of this game will pretty much be dead once all the copies are out in the market.

[quote name='Vinny']From what I'm seeing, there appears to be plenty available and most people are aware that it's been reprinted. At worse, you'll end up buying it from Ebay but the value of this game will pretty much be dead once all the copies are out in the market.[/quote]

if/when amazon does get these, they'll only be about $5-10 less ??

i guess i could sacrifice a subway footlong or two..

it sounds worse when you say 5-10 double cheeseburgers tho..

-__-

[quote name='jeremywoods']if/when amazon does get these, they'll only be about $5-10 less ??

-__-[/quote]

I had the same thought process. It was worth the extra $9 to not have to wait and find out, only to miss out on this.

[quote name='jeremywoods']if/when amazon does get these, they'll only be about $5-10 less ??

-__-[/QUOTE]

I honestly can't see Amazon charging more than $50 for these but they could go pretty low I guess... possibly down to $40. But again, this is assuming Amazon is going to get them. That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying it looks like there'll be enough copies to kill of the game's value so it shouldn't be too hard to find a copy.

[quote name='DrNo888']You can ask Atlus for outer cardboard sleeve, outer case, cover, and soundtrack. Only thing they didnt give me was the manual.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info. I have DDS1 and 2 w/o sleeve or sdtk. Will contact Atlus...now. :applause:

[quote name='cindersphere']so did the LE soundtrack come with a separate box for the ost< or were they stuck in the same box?[/QUOTE]

same box in a 2 dvd case

I dont think amazon will charge more than $30 for this, which has been the price for other Atlus reprint. It makes no sense that the game get reprint and only play asia well sell it.

Thank you.
[quote name='62t']same box in a 2 dvd case

I dont think amazon will charge more than $30 for this, which has been the price for other Atlus reprint. It makes no sense that the game get reprint and only play asia well sell it.[/quote]

[quote name='fairtrade']This was some kind of GameCrazy dropped straight out of a Twilight Zone episode. They actually had 2 copies of the boxed LE version which they let me scavenge to make one nice copy. And the next week I went back and got a copy of Dragon Quest Monsters 2 boxed, complete, and in minty shape for $4 as part of a classic plastic buy. I should go back by there sometime to see if they have anything else good, but it's too far to drive over there on a regular basis.

Then again I am looking for my $20 copy of House of the Dead 2-3 while it's on sale, so I might have to stop by there again...[/QUOTE]

If you can't find it there. Circuit City is having a sale on House of the Dead 2-3 for twenty dollars too.

[quote name='jeremywoods']is there a way to check how many of these play asia has in stock?

since it seems like its the only store carrying them right now, i wouldnt wanna miss out on this and have to pay $80+ for a used copy later on :([/quote]

I sent them an email asking how many they had in stock and I quoute:
" Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

I am sorry. There is no current stock for this game."

I received this email yesterday. It is possible that it could mean a couple different things, but since my question was, "how many do you have in stock?" ...it seems pretty straight forward.

[quote name='Outcry']I sent them an email asking how many they had in stock and I quoute:
" Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

I am sorry. There is no current stock for this game."

I received this email yesterday. It is possible that it could mean a couple different things, but since my question was, "how many do you have in stock?" ...it seems pretty straight forward.[/quote]It doesn't say its in-stock.

It says orders ship in 5-15 days.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Only if they reprint the LE boxes also. I've seen both DDS 1 & 2 as used but they were priced $45 & above + it was just the case & disc, so not interested.[/quote]

I hope not. I've still got DDS1 + 2 w/ soundtracks and the LE box sealed. I didn't buy them intending to speculate but since I've never gotten around to playing them I certainly don't mind...

[quote name='seanmcc']It doesn't say its in-stock.

It says orders ship in 5-15 days.[/quote]

so in 5-15 days, amazon and other retailers will/might have them in stock?

how much higher are playasia prices compared to everyone else? i just quickly browsed some of the game listings, theyre about $5 higher than amazon prices, not including shipping.. hmmm sa;dkfsekgjsdg

[quote name='jeremywoods']so in 5-15 days, amazon and other retailers will/might have them in stock?

how much higher are playasia prices compared to everyone else? i just quickly browsed some of the game listings, theyre about $5 higher than amazon prices, not including shipping.. hmmm sa;dkfsekgjsdg[/quote]

I'm willing to bet next week .....amazon.....39.99.....5 dollar off code from atlus.....35 + free shipping...... better than sex.......just kidding.....:lol:

[quote name='seanmcc']It doesn't say its in-stock.

It says orders ship in 5-15 days.[/quote]

I know what the site states, and it could simply mean that they plan to get them in stock and will ship once they are. However, that email was a poor response on PA's end. Regardless of the site, the response would lead you to believe one of the following: they have no stock and are not getting any in, the employee is a smartass, or the employee is a dumbass.
If they have no stock, but are getting them in soon, it would not be hard or kill anyone to say " I am sorry. There is no current stock for this game, but we will be getting them in-stock soon. We can not currently state what our stock will be at that time."

I still like PA, I just thought the email was not the best idea...unless it was actually true.

I had just bought this at gamestop the other day with my employee discount and edge and came to 44.99... no manual but the game is in great condition. at least it is a first print release.

[quote name='Outcry']I know what the site states, and it could simply mean that they plan to get them in stock and will ship once they are. However, that email was a poor response on PA's end. Regardless of the site, the response would lead you to believe one of the following: they have no stock and are not getting any in, the employee is a smartass, or the employee is a dumbass.
If they have no stock, but are getting them in soon, it would not be hard or kill anyone to say " I am sorry. There is no current stock for this game, but we will be getting them in-stock soon. We can not currently state what our stock will be at that time."

I still like PA, I just thought the email was not the best idea...unless it was actually true.[/quote]
I got this from them:
Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

We do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. As our suppliers didn't have sufficient stock unexpectly, I am very sorry that we can't inform the estimate time frame at the moment. Please allow us a couple more weeks to source this item or you may free to swap another item which remarked 'In stock, usually ships within 24hrs' to process the fast shipment instead. We once again very sorry for this issue happened.

Should you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Bryan
Play-Asia.com

I'm glad I managed to cancel the order.

They probably just didn't get the shipment yet.

Gamestop.com now has Nocturne back in stock used....coincidence?

Don't presume that every Atlus reprint is going to cost >$30 from Amazon. Atlus made a special case for Persona 3 FES because it isn't a reprint -- it's an unreleased USA version with many extra options and features. Because Persona 3 (non-FES) had sold out at the end of 2007 for >$50, Atlus wanted to placate fans and customers who were bitter over the idea of paying the same amount twice just to have the complete version.

If Atlus does start charging $30 for every reprint, I'll anoint myself with oil and chant "buck-a-wow, buck-a-wow" for twenty minutes at the next International Gasket Punchers Conference. Or maybe I'll just be quietly grateful while wearing a beehive on my pelvis.

And the reason people keep mentioning Amazon is because they know it's the official replacement for the now-defunct Atlus Store, right? That's why Atlus isn't offering stray bits from OP packaging any more: they no longer offer merchandise directly.

One last thing: There has already been a reprint of the first DDS. I'd love it if Atlus issued a second reprint, since I don't own a copy. But if they don't, I suspect it's because they've reprinted once.

Atlus seems to listen to the members of their forums. If you want the first DDS reprinted again, it might be good to say so there.

I could've swore I ordered it yesterday, but I logged in and checked my account and it doesn't even show the order in any state, active or inactive. I got a welcome e-mail, but that's it. Is that normal? Should I maybe wait a few more days or what?

[quote name='ReaperZER0']I could've swore I ordered it yesterday, but I logged in and checked my account and it doesn't even show the order in any state, active or inactive. I got a welcome e-mail, but that's it. Is that normal? Should I maybe wait a few more days or what?[/quote]

With Play-Asia I've always got my order info immediately from them, if you haven't yet I would recommend you e-mail them to verify if you ordered and if you still want the item but it didn't go through then you can re-order perhaps?

*I don't know if it makes a difference but I always pay with PayPal.

Good Luck!

[quote name='sweetcags']not true, once the first press was released, all the reprint did not have the seal on the top, thats why so many copies on ebay has no soundtrack.[/quote]

Incorrect. I bought mine from EBGames years ago and it had the seal on top but had no soundtrack.

what is the first status they have after you make an order from them?

mine says "preparing for shipment" or somethin like that,
was wondering if thats a next step after a processing payment
or received order or some other thing else..

anyone else who ordered this wanna check theirs? ;)

[quote name='jeremywoods']what is the first status they have after you make an order from them?

mine says "preparing for shipment" or somethin like that,
was wondering if thats a next step after a processing payment
or received order or some other thing else..

anyone else who ordered this wanna check theirs? ;)[/quote]

Same

Preparing order
Estimated shipping date: On or before Apr 30, 2008
Please note that the estimated shipping date can be exceeded in rare cases.
Any questions? Please click here for our helpdesk and take a few minutes to read through the help files available. Most questions are answered there already.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Same

Preparing order
Estimated shipping date: On or before Apr 30, 2008
Any questions? Please click here for our helpdesk and take a few minutes to read through the help files available. Most questions are answered there already.[/quote]

:cry:

mine is later

Estimated shipping date: On or before May 02, 2008

Is it just me, or did DDS1's prices suddenly rise across Amazon and eBay? The scalpers sellers probably realized that there's going to be a DDS1 reprint eventually (there will be a DD1 reprint, right Atlus?), and wanted to get as much money as possible for their copies.

[quote name='aerozero']Atlus just confirmed that they did the reprint, whether Amazon will buy up some inventory is another matter.[/quote]

Can someone confirm this?
-Thanks

Even though it was updated to 1-5, my order page still says estimated shipping time on\before Apr. 30 :(
I know it says "on\before, but it stayed the same. Is this just a bug with the site?

No, that's normal.

I wonder if another company is handling this reprint. It would explain why Atlus is being so vague about the details.

Couple of Questions about Shin Megami Nocturne.

1.) Does the version of Nocturne that comes with the soundtrack have a special cover?

2.) Is the soundtrack that came with the U.S. release of Nocturne the Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne Maniacs soundtrack? If not does it have exclusive songs that aren't included in the official Japanese OST or the Maniacs version?

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8l-77-2-49-en-15-Megami+nocturne-70-iiw.html

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8l-77-1-49-en-15-Megami+nocturne-70-7si.html

Thanks

[quote name='Starky27']http://www.atlus.com/new_forum/viewtopic.php?t=996[/QUOTE]

After reading through that thread, that is like the worst possible way to handle a reprint.

"Well, we reprinted it, but didn't know who was interested, but this site people use mainly for *japanese imports* just happened to buy some stock, and no one else did, not even Amazon, who we just announced a partnership with!"

This just seems incredibly stupid on their part.

So it seems Atlus only decided to sell copies to Play-Asia and an Ebay seller? That just seems a bit insane, to me.

Here is the Atlus site admin's post:

The thing is, I still can't tell you, because there's no way to be sure. The copies are out there and out of our hands--if amazon decides to buy up some inventory, then yes. If they don't, then no. But we'll find this out at about the same time as you do.

I'm just not sure how they could reprint copies, but have no clue where they go? Of course you know if Gamestop gets them, they will simply open them up and charge $60 used for them... no wonder their website got more copies.

This is, so far, the worst reprint ever. The only way to get a US copy of Nocturne is to get scalped on Ebay, scalped by a US store, or get it from a Japanese one for a good price?

[quote name='Roufuss']After reading through that thread, that is like the worst possible way to handle a reprint.

"Well, we reprinted it, but didn't know who was interested, but this site people use mainly for *japanese imports* just happened to buy some stock, and no one else did, not even Amazon, who we just announced a partnership with!"

This just seems incredibly stupid on their part.

So it seems Atlus only decided to sell copies to Play-Asia and an Ebay seller? That just seems a bit insane, to me.

Here is the Atlus site admin's post:

I'm just not sure how they could reprint copies, but have no clue where they go? Of course you know if Gamestop gets them, they will simply open them up and charge $60 used for them... no wonder their website got more copies.

This is, so far, the worst reprint ever. The only way to get a US copy of Nocturne is to get scalped on Ebay, scalped by a US store, or get it from a Japanese one for a good price?[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure but I think this is how it goes when it concerns Atlus reprints...

Atlus doesn't know which store will get the game because their distributor has the game. Whoever wants copies of the game will get them from the distributor. Atlus already said this was no longer in print (before the reprint) so most large stores like Amazon stop asking for more copies.

If Amazon sees enough interest from people, then they might get some copies. Has anyway actually asked Amazon if they're getting any copies of the reprint?

[quote name='Vinny']I'm not 100% sure but I think this is how it goes when it concerns Atlus reprints...

Atlus doesn't know which store will get the game because their distributor has the game. Whoever wants copies of the game will get them from the distributor. Atlus already said this was no longer in print (before the reprint) so most large stores like Amazon stop asking for more copies.

If Amazon sees enough interest from people, then they might get some copies. Has anyway actually asked Amazon if they're getting any copies of the reprint?[/QUOTE]

You would think Atlus, being partnered with Amazon, would give them the heads up, like "Hey, this very in demand game, we're making more, so if you want to pick some up, they will be there".

Amazon will give you some computer generated scripted answer if you ask them, you won't get real information out of them.

I just assumed Atlus would naturally give Amazon, it's new partner in online distribution, a heads up, but apparently not. Just shocked this is being handled so poorly, since in that thread it was mentioned Atlus gets profits from the reprints being sold (obviously), so Atlus would want it to be in the most accessible places profitable. I'm also just shocked if it really is as simple as "Well, now our distributor has it, who knows where it could end up!!!".

I'm glad they reprinted it, but damn, the only place to get a US game at a nice price is from a company specializing in imports? It's like living in bizarro world.

[quote name='Roufuss']I just assumed Atlus would naturally give Amazon, it's new partner in online distribution, a heads up, but apparently not. Just shocked this is being handled so poorly, since in that thread it was mentioned Atlus gets profits from the reprints being sold (obviously), so Atlus would want it to be in the most accessible places profitable. I'm also just shocked if it really is as simple as "Well, now our distributor has it, who knows where it could end up!!!".
[/quote]

A good number of people in who are involved with Amazon's gaming division tend to read the same exact major websites every other hardcore gamer tends to stumble across now and again. If you want to catch their attention, just in case they haven't yet heard about this issue, it could be possible that escalating this information to your Joystiqs and your Kotakus will pretty much get them on the phone pretty quickly.

Of course, it would also mean that if people haven't already noticed that Play-Asia has SMT:Nocturne on sale, it may cause a rush and eliminate the remaining reasonably-priced supply. So...who knows?

Still though, this is a pretty bad handling of a reprint a number of people have been waiting or clamoring for. What a shame.

[quote name='DealHunter']Couple of Questions about Shin Megami Nocturne.

1.) Does the version of Nocturne that comes with the soundtrack have a special cover?

2.) Is the soundtrack that came with the U.S. release of Nocturne the Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne Maniacs soundtrack? If not does it have exclusive songs that aren't included in the official Japanese OST or the Maniacs version?

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8l-77-2-49-en-15-Megami+nocturne-70-iiw.html

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8l-77-1-49-en-15-Megami+nocturne-70-7si.html

Thanks[/quote]

1. The cover is identical except for a small line at the back that says something to the effect of "limited edition soundtrack CD included".

2. Neither. It is more of a best of type soundtrack CD. You can see the track listing here.

bread's done
Back